• 12064

Soundwave’s “specialguests” revealed

As predicted by FL the “special guest” for Soundwave festival in Sydney and Adelaide is Puscifer.

Tool and Puscifer frontman Maynard James Keenan will now play double duty at Soundwave as he’ll also be appearing with A Perfect Circle. The Puscifer live show, which has been described as “anarchist dinner theatre”, can also be witnessed at the band’s Sidewave shows in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. Puscifer will not be playing the “special guests” slot on the Brisbane Soundwave timetable, which is expected to be filled by a local band.

Puscifer are not the only new addition to the Soundwave lineup. The winners of the triple j Unearthed competition have been announced on Short Fast Loud and The Racket . They are The Schoenberg Automaton (Brisbane), Party Vibez (Melbourne), Life Pilot (Adelaide) and Born Lion (Sydney). In League won the Unearthed competition in Perth but unfortunately they won’t have a chance to perform at the festival due to timetable scheduling issues and the festival’s early curfew.

Soundwave begins this weekend at RNA Showgrounds in Brisbane, before heading to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. Acts performing include Metallica, Slayer, Blink-182, The Offspring and Linkin Park. All tickets have now sold out.

Can’t wait until Soundwave starts? Here’s a preview of what you can expect from some of the festival’s main drawcards – from Metallica to Paramore, Linkin Park to Blink.

Related: Behind Metallica’s first Aus tour

Soundwave 2013 dates:

Saturday, February 23 – RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane
Sunday, February 24 – Olympic Park, Sydney
Friday, March 1 – Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne
Saturday, March 2 – Bonython Park, Adelaide
Monday, March 4 – Claremont Showground, Perth

Comments

crob said on the 21st Feb, 2013

nice... the. closer soundwave gets, the more i regret not getting a tix

berlinchair101 said on the 21st Feb, 2013

I was really hoping for Bat Sabbath.

hellboy1975

hellboy1975 said on the 21st Feb, 2013

Bat Sabbath would have been cool, but I'm quite happy with this arrangement.

Oflick said on the 21st Feb, 2013

I guess I'll watch them.

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 21st Feb, 2013

Holy shit I was right.....I am a wizard or a dirty hobbo!

It will be great to have some ****ry muzak

[youtube]LJvvxEs1_pE[/youtube]]

berlinchair101 said on the 21st Feb, 2013

Pucifier are by far the very worst of Maynard's band.

When I saw the image FL posted on Facebook I thought it was Lemmy, so now I'm extra disappointed.

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 21st Feb, 2013

Worst than tool?

If nothing else is on it will be good to see someone who doesn't take themselves seriously.

Oflick said on the 21st Feb, 2013

You don't want to miss BFMV.

...just kidding. lol

truthlies

truthlies said on the 21st Feb, 2013

Wtf is berlinchair talking about who is Maynard's band? It has several members and their is only one band that is Maynard's. puscifer. Now, your comments are sometimes granted and fun but when you and your 'no-ear for music appreciation friends' start stating your opinions as fact could you please instead say 'I think this is the worst band' rather than stating your ear is the be all and end all of what is good or not. The world does not revolve around your listening spectrum - we all have ears. Rant over.

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 21st Feb, 2013

Puscifer are pretty shite, though.

Jeeprhyme

Jeeprhyme said on the 21st Feb, 2013

that is, until their drummer drops out.

truthlies

truthlies said on the 21st Feb, 2013

Valid. I took some growing to them. The reviews of their live shows have been nothing but good which means alot. One should not judge a band at all before seeing them live. I have a friend in Holland who does not buy a bands record unless she has seen them live and enjoyed it.

Oflick said on the 21st Feb, 2013

So you agree with him that Puscifer is Maynard's band? I'm not sure I get what you're ranting about.

berlinchair101 said on the 21st Feb, 2013

Maynard's band = a band that a gentleman named Maynard James Keenan is a member of. He is three bands as far as I am aware. They were the three bands I was referring to. He also makes wine. I wasn't talking about wine, or surely I would have mentioned wine somewhere or at least said 'no-no juice'. No, I was talking about the bands that he, Manard James Keenan, is a member of. For short I will call them Maynard's bands - these bands that Maynard is in.

When I say something, it is my opinion. In your minds voice as you read what I wrote you can sub-consciously add in "in my opinion" in front of anything I say regarding subjective matters - such as the appreciation of music. You know it's my opinion because I said it. When you say something yourself, that is your opinion that you expressed yourself. Sometimes our opinions will align, sometimes they will not and that is ok - we will persevere. Isn't that amazing?

Now just to clarify I AM OF THE OPINION that Pucifer are the worst of the multiple bands featuring the performing artist Manard James Kennan. The other two bands are Tool and A Perfect Circle. I rank them thusly: Tool, A Perfect Circle, Pucifier. This is my opinion and of course not a fact - to be sure.

Whoops, I'd better forget everything I thought about the Beatles.Thanks for clearing that up and not saying something retarded.

daverh

daverh said on the 22nd Feb, 2013

Life Pilot > Puscifer

Oflick said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

According to twitter the special guest is just a local band.

MorningAfterboy said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Well, it's not. It was announced that it was Puscifer.

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Berlin describing puscifer as maynards' worst band' isn't really a insult.

I for one will enjoy cuntry music full of sexual inurendo at soundwave.

MorningAfterboy said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Well, that goes without saying. Shit like Puscifer is tailor-made for cretins such as yourself.

grattan said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Special guest in Brisbane is a local -Malakyte.

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Keep jackin in to wrestlers you pickle dick....

MorningAfterboy said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

I'll assume that "jackin in" is some sort of sexual thing practiced by your degenerate peers.

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

No its a finisher that occurs on your forehead most saturday evenings.

MorningAfterboy said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Wow, you're homophobic too. Didn't see that one coming. What a twist.

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Sorry I just thought you were a girl.

Oh snap now I'm a sexist.

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Wow you really have problems if you cannot deal with sarcasm.

Take your soapbox and fuck off.

BTW-great drawing a broad conclusion from a user from two comments.
I made two sexist/homosexual remarks , I must expect women to be submissive.

Do you actually believe that or are you a sheep who is good at repeating phrases from others?
Either way you make those who support women's rights look bad by using things like these to protect yourself from criticism, when you started by calling me a cretin.

MorningAfterboy said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

You think that I am supposed to be offended by you insinuating that I am either gay or a woman. Maybe stick to drinking moonshine on the front porch with your sister if that is truly the high point of your intellect.

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Intellect wisdom from someone who enjoys wrestling........someone give this person a prize....

I do not want to ruin it for you, but wrestling is both sexist and its staged.

Those slaps and hits do not hurt the wrestler, unless it's Owens Hart's neck.

MorningAfterboy said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

I'm so glad you brought all of this to my attention. I was just thinking the other day of just how long it's been since I heard from somebody who had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Class based jokes from a WWF fan....you truly need to find yourself a mirror.

Then maybe some real life friends because 31,000 posts seems to signal a person with no active life.

If you weren't such an asshole to people for liking a certain band, maybe you wouldn't need to live on here.

MorningAfterboy said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Was waiting for you to pull this card. The last bastion of a moron - when homophobia and sexism don't work, why not try their post count?

Last I checked, you're on here too at the exact same time.

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

I'm at work.

You pulled the sexism and homophobia card.

Does it feel good to be hurtfull to others?

If your social anxiety or depression or plain narcacism is the reason your such an asshole to others than go get some help.
Most shrinks will charge under medicare and while your at it get a proctologist to pull your head out your ass.

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

By the way, you used the word faggot.

Pot kettle pot kettle black.

MorningAfterboy said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

AHAHAHAHAHA.

Some arguments just win themselves.

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

You two are saying things but all I'm hearing is

[youtube]F5EJw4qi8UM[/youtube]

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

AHAHAHAHAHA.

Some arguments just win themselves.

Wow , you really do need mental help.

e-thug

Electronic thug. A pale, pimple faced, skinny white kid who would most likely burn up if he came into contact with natural sunlight. Spends all of his time threatening people over the internet to compensate for his lack of a life and hatred of humanity for not accepting him.

31,000 posts check
feeling of accomplishment when winning an arguement check
hatred for others check

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

I'm out, someone decided to do themseleves in and I get to clean up the blood in their cell and photograph what they used.

Have a great day Morningafterboy, I hope you go get some treatment.

MorningAfterboy said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This keeps getting better and better.

Braveheart81 said on the 23rd Feb, 2013

Go and have this stupid argument somewhere else.