Soundwave 2013 timetablesrevealed

UPDATE: 15/2/13 - The maps have been released for Soundwave along with a new set of revised timetables

UPDATE: 13/2/13 - Updated set times for all cites have been released

Get your highlighters out.

After much anticipation the timetables for the Brisbane and Sydney legs of the Soundwave festival have dropped tonight – and as previously reported Metallica going head to head with The Offspring is arguably the biggest clash of the festival. Then again with 72 acts playing across nine stages did you really think you’d be able to have a conundrum-free day?

Earlier today Jamey Jasta of Hatebreed and sludge metal band Kingdom of Sorrow inadvertently leaked the stage three set times for the Sydney and Brisbane legs of the 2013 Soundwave festival tour via Instagram. More tellingly, he revealed that an unnamed mystery act would be playing a 40-minute set after Kingdom of Sorrow’s performance on the festival’s third stage. Other acts confirmed on that stage include Six Feet Under, Dragonforce, All Time Low, Motion City Soundtrack, Killswitch Engage and Bring Me the Horizon.

Speculation as to who the mystery act is includes Megadeth (for no other reason than to complete the booking of the Big Four of Thrash Metal) and Maynard James Keenan’s “other” band Pucifier who will be in the country for shows during the Soundwave tour.

Soundwave will take place at Brisbane’s RNA Showgrounds on February 23 and Sydney’s Olympic Stadium on February 24. The Melbourne times are likely to be released on the weekend, with the Perth and Adelaide times due out shortly after.

Soundwave timetables: Brisbane and Sydney

Comments

ZePpLiNs666

ZePpLiNs666 said on the 6th Feb, 2013

Sharks are meant to be playing till 11:30 instead of 11:20, and the PTV/SWS clash is going to be rectified tomorrow.
Other than that, holy shit at some of those clashes!

crob said on the 6th Feb, 2013

Quicky

Quicky said on the 6th Feb, 2013

FML Blink or Metallica or Fucked Up haha

hellboy1975

hellboy1975 said on the 6th Feb, 2013

Plenty of butthurt on Facebook, Entertaining stuff.
Plenty of clashes for me also, but looking at the time table there's no time when there is literally no one I want to see playing, and I guess you can't win them all.
Probably the slot that bothers me the most is the 1:30 Tomahawk set - every single band playing at that time is one I wanted to see. Tomahwak will win though...

Quicky

Quicky said on the 6th Feb, 2013

Apparently Stages 1A and 1B will be in ANZ Stadium in Sydney and Stages 2A and 2B will be in the Showgrounds. I don't think I'll be leaving Stages 1A and 1B from the Blackout onwards until Metallica finish.

katie_fairservice

katie_fairservice said on the 6th Feb, 2013

almost puked from anger seeing how many bands i'm going to have to miss just to see another, gah!

DinkiDIDude

DinkiDIDude said on the 6th Feb, 2013

Think they could make a shit load of people happy by swapping Offspring with Garbage (unless im being subvertly influenced by highschool nostalgia), apart from that a bit surprised that Red Fang is on so early, I know that they only recently started getting mainstream airplay, but holy fuck, thought their current buzz wouldve justified a later slot than 11:20?.....lastly my head tells me the Slayer and Cypress clash is so fucking right, but my heart tells me its so fucking wrong )0:

Overall = I get to see Kyuss. Win.

Quicky

Quicky said on the 6th Feb, 2013

MY DAY:

Red Fang, The Blackout, Anthrax, Tomahawk, Bullet For My Valentine, Kyuss Lives! (Vista Chino), Stone Sour, Slayer, A Perfect Circle, Linkin Park, Metallica.

I think I'll be trying to get a ticket to the Blink sideshow.

Otherwise all I'm annoyed I'm missing out on is Cypress Hill, Billy Talent, Bring Me The Horizon, The Amity Affliction, Polar Bear Club, Cancer Bats and The Chariot. I'll see them all one day however.

Oflick said on the 6th Feb, 2013

I wanted to see Blink just for the hell of it, but it doesn't look like I'll be doing that.

At first glance my only real clash is Tomahawk and Periphery.

My day will probably go: Red Fang, Anthrax, Tomahawk, BFMV (or maybe special guest), Kyuss Lives!, 45 minute bitchfest about how there's nothing good on any of the other stages while Stone Sour is playing, Slayer, APC, Ghost, Fucked Up, and the rest of Metallica I guess.

Slayer in ANZ will be interesting.

dynamo

dynamo said on the 6th Feb, 2013

My day so far

Sharks, Crossfaith, The Blackout, Antrax about 10 -15 mins, Deaf Havana, While She Sleeps, Of Mice and Men, O'Brother or Shai Halud, Garbage, Blink 182 and The Offspring

Need to check out some other bands haven't listened to much before. Plus still have Deaf Havana/BFMV/Gallows clash and the Sum 41/While She Sleeps clash. Oh well there is always a BFMV and Sum 41 sideshows. Will also miss a few other bands, but really was to be expected with a festival this size.

loudQUIETloud

loudQUIETloud said on the 6th Feb, 2013

Too easy, pretty bummed about missing out on The Chariot and Fucked up, though.

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Feb, 2013

Bands I want to see mixed with bands my best mate, who I'm going with, wants to to see. You can tell our tastes don't exactly line up. Compromise will have to be made.

Inb4 MAB calls me a sheep

11:20 Red Fang

12:20 Dragonforce

2:20 Gallows

3:00 Kyuss Lives!/Billy Talent

3:45 Sum 41

4:30 Slayer/Cypress Hill

5:30 A Perfect Circle/Paramore/
Cancer Bats

6:30 Linkin Park/Garbage/Fucked Up

7:45 Metallica/Blink-The Offspring

I'm seriously considering going to see Cancer Bats sideshow, leaving before bullet and heading to the Metro to catch Kyuss' headline set.

That Slayer Cyprus Hill clash is killing me. Super bummed out.

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 6th Feb, 2013

impatiently waiting for Melbourne timetables but if the Sydney ones anything to go by I'm really happy. Only clashes for me Kyuss Lives!/Billy Talent and Slayer/Cypress Hill...think I'd choose Kyuss and Cypress.

Would love to see Metallica again but never seen blink or offspring so the choice is easy, it's all about the pop punk for me!

Napoleon Solo said on the 6th Feb, 2013

Poor form Soundwave, you spelt Shai Hulud incorrectly.

Dragonforce
Lucero
Orange Goblin
The Sword
O Brother/Shai Hulud
A Perfect Circle
Ghost/Polar Bear Club
Linkin Park/Metallica

Pissed that Killswitch clashed with APC but I will live.

crob said on the 6th Feb, 2013

AJ needs to space out his end times like BDO does, to avoid everyone leaving at once

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Feb, 2013

I think maybe he was given an earlier curfew as well when he was told to get rid of the young-uns.

crob said on the 6th Feb, 2013

fair enough.. seems like a bad move at Olympics parks end

batdan

batdan said on the 6th Feb, 2013

If Adelaide is the same...

Red Fang
Dragonforce
Anthrax
Tomahawk
Gallows
Kyuss Lives!
SLAYER
Apc / Cancer Bats?
Fucked Up
Metallica I guess.

sweet_sweet_tunes

sweet_sweet_tunes said on the 6th Feb, 2013

Looks like i will be running from Linkin Park across the RNA showgrounds to get to Blink 182.

Braveheart81 said on the 6th Feb, 2013

Hmm... how long will it take to get from ANZ stadium to one of the other stages in the showgrounds? That sounds like a bit of a mission!

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Feb, 2013

ha ha yeah. That sounds pretty shit.

Braveheart81 said on the 6th Feb, 2013

If Sydney can produce its standard 40 degree day for Soundwave, there'll be a path of fat bodies in black tshirts strewn out across Olympic Boulevarde.

Napoleon Solo said on the 6th Feb, 2013

Polar Bear Club finish with time to spare before Metallica, LP are before them so I will catch the end. Hopefully they play songs I actually like, I only know the first two albums. Numb would be good.

MorningAfterboy said on the 6th Feb, 2013

They'll definitely play Numb.

I'm thinking:

Milestones!
Northlane
Lawrence Arms
MSI
This is Hell
Gallows
The Sword
Slayer
A Perfect Circle
Polar Bear Club
Fucked Up
The Chariot

Napoleon Solo said on the 7th Feb, 2013

They'll definitely play Numb.

Yeah but hopefully in the last 15 mins.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 7th Feb, 2013

you like linkin park lololollol

Napoleon Solo said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Wow that really hurts my feelings bro.

Changa

Changa said on the 7th Feb, 2013

We can do practice runs, training stars next Monday. Add 10 for crowd control and I'm feeling we'd be able to crack it out in 13 flat

MorningAfterboy said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Oflick said on the 7th Feb, 2013

If I saw Cypress Hill I'd just be waiting for them to play "Insane in the Membrane". Slayer all the way.

batdan

batdan said on the 7th Feb, 2013

It's a bad clash, go cypress.

lol not really!

batdan

batdan said on the 7th Feb, 2013

I wonder if Scott Ian from Anthrax makes a guest apperance with Cypress Hill? hmmmm.

loudQUIETloud

loudQUIETloud said on the 7th Feb, 2013

I'm seeing Cypress Hill but that's because I'm seeing Slayer at their sideshow.

Braveheart81 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

If you're trying to get back into batdan's good books, that's not going to work for you.

Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Only a few nasty clashes this year which is a pleasant change.

Things always vary on the day, but I think I'll be running along the lines of;

Red Fang
Dragonforce
Anthrax
Tomahawk
Flogging Molly
KYUSS
The Sword
Cypress Hill / Slayer
A Perfect Circle
Garbage
Fucked Up / Metallica / Blink 182 / Offspring

Followed up with 4 sidewaves in 4 nights...

Annies boobs

Annies boobs said on the 7th Feb, 2013

I'll be seeing Red Fang, Kyuss Lives, Cypress Hill, A Perfect Circle, Garbage and Metallica. I haven't figured out the rest of the day yet.

Andeh

Andeh said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Hate whinging about clashes, but fuck, that blink and fucked up clash stings.

tyler07 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Pretty fucked up timetable. Not too happy about it.

Looks like my day will be something like:
Milestones
Northlane
Fozzy (JERICHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)
This Is Hell
Gallows
Billy Talent
Shai Hulud
Killswitch Engage
Cancer Bats
And then I have no idea what i'm going to do, but it'll be some sort of combination of BMTH/Blink-182/Metallica

Pretty stoked to be catching Blink, Sharks and The Vandals the night before too.

kelly1111111

kelly1111111 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

worst time table ever.... offspring and metallica at the same time... slayer and cypress at the same time.... shame!!!

tyler07 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

The most shocking part of the timetable for me is that people still want to see The Offspring in 2013.

Quicky

Quicky said on the 7th Feb, 2013

I couldn't care less about the Offspring to be honest.

Oflick said on the 7th Feb, 2013

I could care a lot less, to be honest. I just don't have the commitment to hate them that much.

Andeh

Andeh said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Anthrax
Tomahawk
End of Wonder years
Nothing
Kyuss
Nothing
Slayer
Nothing
Polar Bear Club
Blink 182 (missing fucked up and cerebal ballzy, which is just the worst)
Go home early?

kaydee

kaydee said on the 7th Feb, 2013

The only clash I'm worried about is Flogging Molly/ Gallows. Might go halvsies depending on distance between stages.

Otherwise it is going to be a pretty sweet day.

DinkiDIDude

DinkiDIDude said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Inb4 MAB calls me a sheep

11:20 Red Fang

12:20 Dragonforce

2:20 Gallows

3:00 Kyuss Lives!/Billy Talent

3:45 Sum 41

4:30 Slayer/Cypress Hill

5:30 A Perfect Circle/Paramore/
Cancer Bats

6:30 Linkin Park/Garbage/Fucked Up

7:45 Metallica/Blink-The Offspring

That Slayer Cyprus Hill clash is killing me. Super bummed out.

HOLY FUCK!, you sir are one solid mate.....im with yah on 430 though.

Stefan Beck said on the 7th Feb, 2013

11:00 - Stay at home and eat spaghetti
7:20 - Fucked Up
8:00 - Go home and eat spaghetti

batdan

batdan said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Will the after gig spaghetti be cold?

MorningAfterboy said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Might need some hot potato to go with it.

grattan said on the 8th Feb, 2013

So apparently this is a "draft" timetable.

Why release a draft?!

berlinchair101 said on the 8th Feb, 2013

Because he is a bell end.

loudQUIETloud

loudQUIETloud said on the 8th Feb, 2013

Damn, I was happy with that timetable as well.

berlinchair101 said on the 8th Feb, 2013

Kayla Robertson ‏@vicandkellin

Yes please don't let the really good bands everyone is looking forward to clash, I know it's a big expectation, haha sorry @iamnotshouting

Duuuuurrrrrr

MorningAfterboy said on the 8th Feb, 2013

Really, apart from Gallows and Flogging Molly and maybe Garbage and PBC, I can't see that many major clashes.

berlinchair101 said on the 8th Feb, 2013

I believe clashes are taste dependent.

In this case, the shitter your taste is, the more clashes there are.

loudQUIETloud

loudQUIETloud said on the 8th Feb, 2013

Everyone on my Facebook is pissed off that Offspring and Metallica clash. I had no idea people still cared about The Offspring.

Oflick said on the 8th Feb, 2013

I'd have watched them if there wasn't a clash, but I'm not bothered by missing them.

MorningAfterboy said on the 8th Feb, 2013

I couldn't bring myself to see them now. Too painful.

gromix

gromix said on the 8th Feb, 2013

my timetable: http://bit.ly/soundwave2013timetable

...if i can make it for 12pm... history points to no, but it's memphis may fire!

loudQUIETloud

loudQUIETloud said on the 8th Feb, 2013

I've never understood the whole showing up late to festivals thing. Can anyone explain it to me?

batdan

batdan said on the 8th Feb, 2013

I went to BDO at about 230 due to it being super hot and not much interested me. Usually I get to festivals fairly early to catch the first bands.

loudQUIETloud

loudQUIETloud said on the 8th Feb, 2013

You went to the Sydney one this year right? Because that's understandable, that day was ungodly hot. I was meaning more the dude above me saying that there was an act he wanted to see but was probably going to just show up late and miss them.

gromix

gromix said on the 8th Feb, 2013

haha it's never intentional. but i've gotten stuck on the train, took the wrong exit on the highway... or i remember being in line at the gates for 2h back when sw was at the eastern creek! this time, i'm putting all the chances on my side for mmf.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 8th Feb, 2013

I'm pretty lazy and will only go when there's a band I want to see.
I don't see much point in standing around for any longer than I need to be because I'm always wrecked by the end.

Quicky

Quicky said on the 8th Feb, 2013

I always like going early as possible just so I get in ASAP and see the local bands while no dickheads are around. Usually there have been some good bands I've seen play really early at BDO like Miami Horror, Royal Headache, The Vines, The Naked & Famous and at SW, for example - Hyro Da Hero, Feeder and Zebrahead.

MorningAfterboy said on the 8th Feb, 2013

berlinchair101 said on the 8th Feb, 2013

Getting there late is a cool person thing. If you don't know then I guess you never will.

Pattonhawk

Pattonhawk said on the 9th Feb, 2013

Tomahawk, then I can go home...

ROYALwithCHEESE

ROYALwithCHEESE said on the 9th Feb, 2013

I would like to get to a fastival early if there is a group that is worth seeing.
Unfortunatley when you travel with others who can't be arsed you turn up when they do.

Either way I'd like some time to get a 18+ wristband and a few drinks in me, some sunscreen and some vegetable spring rolls.

PSYCHandCHUCK

PSYCHandCHUCK said on the 9th Feb, 2013

loudquietloud go fuck yourself

loudQUIETloud

loudQUIETloud said on the 9th Feb, 2013

Did you sign up just to say this? How adorable.