Image for Bruce Springsteen 2013 Australian tour finally confirmed

Bruce Springsteen 2013Australian tour finallyconfirmed

Bruce Springsteen has finally confirmed that he’ll be back in Australia with the E Street Band in March 2013. The Boss will play shows in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, as well as a special show at Hanging Rock in Victoria’s Macedon Ranges as rumoured.

Springsteen was last in Australia way back in March 2003 when he played just four shows – stadium concerts in Sydney and Melbourne, and a pair of arena gigs in Brisbane. Since then he’s released five albums and played nearly 500 gigs without setting foot in Australia.

The midnight announcement follows nearly 12 months of rumours, ‘leaked dates’ tip-offs and industry murmurs. But now that the dates have finally been announced we can focus on the next issue: The length of the setlist.

While this may be an album tour in support of new-ish release Wrecking Ball, given Bruce’s long absence from our shores, perhaps we’ll get a retrospective gig from The Boss and his E-Street band (Patti Scialfa, Garry Tallent, Roy Bittan, Max Weinberg, Steven Van Zandt and Nils Lofgren).

Most shows on the E Street Band’s current tour have lasted between to three and three-and-a-half hours with his performance in Helsinki earlier this year breaking the record for Springsteen’s longest ever show: A 33-song setlist that clocked in at four hours and six minutes. Not bad for a bunch of 60 year olds.

At Springsteen’s most recent show in Anaheim, California (setlist below), he was joined on stage by Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and Mike Ness from Social Distortion.

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band tour:

Spirit in the Night
The E Street Shuffle
Long Time Comin’
Reason to Believe
This Depression
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Bad Luck (Social Distortion cover)
Because the Night (Patti Smith cover)
Darlington County
Shackled and Drawn
Waitin’ on a Sunny Day
Raise Your Hand (Eddie Floyd cover)
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Badlands
Thunder Road

Encore:
Jungleland
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark
Santa Claus Is Coming to Town (J. Fred Coots & Haven Gillespie cover)
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

December 4 – Anaheim, California

Comments

ThatDude123 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

Mar 14, 2013
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane - All Ages
Mar 18, 2013
Allphones Arena, Sydney NSW - All Ages
Mar 24, 2013
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne - All Ages
Mar 30, 2013
Hanging Rock, Woodend - All Ages

ZePpLiNs666

ZePpLiNs666 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

sweet, how many kidneys for each ticket?

andy_chalmers_102

andy_chalmers_102 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

Standing tickets are $212.35. Fuck.

ThatDude123 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

Standing Pit (General Admission) $212.35
Platinum (Reserved Seating) $212.35
Gold (Reserved Seating) $184.85
Silver (Reserved Seating) $129.25
Bronze (Reserved Seating) $99.50

*gulp*

ZePpLiNs666

ZePpLiNs666 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

UPDATE: Pricing goes from $99 for bronze, to $212 for pit and platinum seating for Rod Laver. Is the Boss worth a bit over $200 for a concert?

shazie said on the 5th Dec, 2012

Damn those tickets are expensive, but justified because of it being the boss.

hearsz

hearsz said on the 5th Dec, 2012

F*ck that, he's not worth anymore than $150 for GA!!!

ThatDude123 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

I expect a Prince situation where a second show will be announced and it will not sell at all and then it'll be a $99 ticket-everywhere sort of thing.

Inb4 "will it also involve you getting sick before the tour and not going?"

ZePpLiNs666

ZePpLiNs666 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

It's a bit ridiculous, but for a 4 hour gig, it comes to about $50/hour of music and entertainment.

ThatDude123 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

Okay, so Justin Bieber fans are trolling the Frontier and Ticketek social media accounts because they thought this was going to be the "Believe" tour announcement and the responses are fucking AMAZING.

A selection:

are u bloody serious?!?!?! So that was ticketeks 'big announcement' don't even know who this is #upset

WHO THE FUCK IS BRUCE SPRINGSTIEN?!?!?! WE WANT JUSTIN!!!

I THOUGHT IT WAS JUSTIN FML I COULD'VE GONE TO SLEEP UGH I HATE YOU

BRB FLINGING MYSELF OFF A BUILDING

no one wants mother fucking bruce springsteen we want justin get that through your minds wow

R U JOKING ME

ARE YOU KIDDING ME....................

KILL YOURSELF

wow MIGHT AS WELL SHOOT ME IN THE FUCKING FACE

hearsz

hearsz said on the 5th Dec, 2012

If that setlist is anything to go by, then there must be some long arse guitar solos and numerous costume changes involved!! Unless of course there's some top-notch support acts lined up?

hearsz

hearsz said on the 5th Dec, 2012

A selection:

WHO THE FUCK IS BRUCE SPRINGSTIEN?!?!?! WE WANT JUSTIN!!!

I THOUGHT IT WAS JUSTIN FML I COULD'VE GONE TO SLEEP UGH I HATE YOU

BRB FLINGING MYSELF OFF A BUILDING

R U JOKING ME

ARE YOU KIDDING ME....................

KILL YOURSELF

wow MIGHT AS WELL SHOOT ME IN THE FUCKING FACE

It does comfort me that there's a lot of pissed off teenage girls/fairy boys now that you've mentioned this ThatDude. In comparison to them, I'll sleep soundly tonight... :D

ThatDude123 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

one actually just tweeted "im going to sleep so i can strangle @Ticketek_AU and @frontiertouring in my dreams nighty night"

Stefan Beck said on the 5th Dec, 2012

I'm glad he's not coming to Perth. I'll use the money I would've spent on a ticket to buy a solid gold house and a rocket car.

And then I'll eat liver and onions!

squagz

squagz said on the 5th Dec, 2012

Perth now has best entertainment venue in Australia. Still gets jibbed. Right on!

tyler07 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

Wow, so excited about a Bruce tour but now I'm a bit deflated considering how much it costs...

berlinchair101 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

wow MIGHT AS WELL SHOOT ME IN THE FUCKING FACE

Best

gumbuoy said on the 5th Dec, 2012

yep, will definitely attend, but probably wont go higher than the silver seating.

esquared

esquared said on the 5th Dec, 2012

springsteen will have absolutely no problem selling out three allphones arenas at $212 a pop. i will be at all of them. yolo etc.

berlinchair101 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

How many organs can you sell and still live?

Braveheart81 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

I don't know what I want to see more. Bruce Springsteen or a bunch of Bieber fans throwing themselves off buildings.

And I really want to see Bruce Springsteen.

gumbuoy said on the 5th Dec, 2012

You don't think Bruce has 4 hours of material?

Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J.
The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle
The Rising
Devils & Dust
We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions
Magic
Working on a Dream
Wrecking Ball

I'm not saying he will play for four hours on these shows, but if he wanted to, he easily could.

Braveheart81 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

The Boss can play an acceptable length show just by playing one song from each album.

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 5th Dec, 2012

So that's definitely happening, awesome.

gumbuoy said on the 5th Dec, 2012

Personally, I'm hoping he plays Nebraska in full, but that seems unlikely :)

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 5th Dec, 2012

all of them except your penis. i remember reading that somewhere.

will be purchasing silver tickets. 3rd elevation seats are usually good enough at allphones.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 5th Dec, 2012

You don't think Bruce has 4 hours of material?

i think he means that 30 songs over 180-210mins works out to be around 6-7mins a song. even though most of his songs are in that 4min region with the odd 6min track. but yeah when you're backed by the E Street Band i think some indulgence is to be expected.

gumbuoy said on the 5th Dec, 2012

Also, thank goodness all the shows are all ages, this is going to be all the rage amongst the 14-17 year old demographic.

Braveheart81 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

I imagine there'll be a reasonable number of kids there who've been dragged along by their cooldads.

gumbuoy said on the 5th Dec, 2012

So we can assume there will be posts on the Frontier Facebook page in the future.

"Fucking hell my loser dad is forcing me to go to this shit I was supposed to get Believe tickets for my birthday instead is taking me to this Fuck Frontier Fuck Bonny Bear!"

gumbuoy said on the 5th Dec, 2012

Probably not in a medical journal, I'm guessing

Braveheart81 said on the 5th Dec, 2012

Sarcasm_mister studied at the Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 6th Dec, 2012

Sweet, we get Silvio Dante.

Dexter Ramone

Dexter Ramone said on the 6th Dec, 2012

This is worth any amount of money.

grattan said on the 6th Dec, 2012

MorningAfterboy said on the 6th Dec, 2012

Most of the kids have now either locked their accounts or deleted their accounts out of shame. So great.

tyler07 said on the 6th Dec, 2012

Quick look at my finances and should definitely be able to swing a Silver ticket next week.

HELL FUCKING YES! THIS IS THE BEST EVER!

esquared

esquared said on the 6th Dec, 2012

justin bieber is pretty cool though. i mean, springsteen is on another level completely, and a way more exciting announcement.

but jesus, wanting to see bieber fans throw themselves off a building? get a grip, they're just overexuberant kids on twitter.

tyler07 said on the 6th Dec, 2012

How about The Boss supported by Bieber?

Unparalleled levels of awesome.

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 6th Dec, 2012

Oh Suzy Qew, Oh Suzy Qew, Oh Suzy Qew, Baby I love you, Suzy Qew

Napoleon Solo said on the 6th Dec, 2012

It's the E street band, I am payin the 200+ dollars. I am going to throw my panties.

ampersand

ampersand said on the 6th Dec, 2012

hello perth people!

we're trying to raise some interest in getting the boss over this way too. with the spread between the dates, and our new "world class" concert venue, it's certainly do-able. or at least worth a shot.

please share it about and let people know.

Sir Toire

Sir Toire said on the 6th Dec, 2012

I'm gonna find Cr1zZ so we can cry together.

Braveheart81 said on the 6th Dec, 2012

Cr1zZ didn't care. He said so on the Frontier Touring Facebook page.

[Cr1zZ]If Bruce Springsteen had hosted American Idol of The X Factor it would be a different story, but the guy hasn't really done anything worthwhile.[/Cr1zZ]

Fergie

Fergie said on the 7th Dec, 2012

what is that setlist??
where's my hometown? that's my favourite one of his :(

MorningAfterboy said on the 7th Dec, 2012

Surely you should know that.

MrsMakers

MrsMakers said on the 7th Dec, 2012

there's about 21,000,000 people in australia and a good proportion of them are in sydney. why only one concert?

MorningAfterboy said on the 7th Dec, 2012

Yeah, that's DEFINITELY going to be the only show he plays.

berlinchair101 said on the 7th Dec, 2012

Wait... Is someone from Sydney complaining about not enough shows coming to Sydney?

Sir Toire

Sir Toire said on the 7th Dec, 2012

Sir Toire

Sir Toire said on the 7th Dec, 2012

Okay. If you insist...

gumbuoy said on the 12th Dec, 2012

just got tix in the presale. 2 minutes in and the A reserve and standing tickets were all gone, happy with B reserve tho.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 12th Dec, 2012

I got B reserve tickets for Sydney as well. But kinda hoping they announce more shows, I have a weird thing about going to gigs on Monday nights.

berlinchair101 said on the 17th Dec, 2012

gumbuoy said on the 17th Jan, 2013

Since Stevie Van Zandt’s filming commitments to his highly successful television show Lilyhammer will keep him off stage for the upcoming Australian tour dates, Bruce Springsteen has invited Tom Morello to sit in temporarily on guitar.

Will accept. Bulls On Parade cover?

Braveheart81 said on the 17th Jan, 2013

Well, I guess you can guarantee that The Ghost of Tom Joad will be on every setlist.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 19th Jan, 2013

ratm are pretty much a joke now

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 19th Jan, 2013

they started out as anti establishment but now they are playing in the most commercial rock bands and no doubt drive bmw's it's called selling out to the max.

MorningAfterboy said on the 19th Jan, 2013

Will accept. Bulls On Parade cover?

BOW-WOW
WICKA
BOW-WOW
WICKA-WICKA-WICKA-WICKA

Annies boobs

Annies boobs said on the 17th Mar, 2013

So I have a spare ticket to tomorrow nights show that I can't seem to give away on Facebook so I though I'd post it here on the off chance that someone wanted to go and couldn't afford to get a ticket. I got it for cheap off ebay so I don't really care about the money, it's the seat next to mine so I'd rather give it to someone I sorta kinda know from the internet than sell it to a stranger.

It's a gold reserve seating ticket and I can meet you outside of Allphones Arena. Let me know if you're interested!

MorningAfterboy said on the 17th Mar, 2013

Bro, that would be awesome! Message me on here or find me on Facebook - url is dvdjmsyng.

Annies boobs

Annies boobs said on the 17th Mar, 2013

The ticket is yours ! Just pm'ed you :)