• 2010

No Ozomatli for Harvest

Ozomatli won’t be playing Harvest this year. According to a tweet by Harvest (and Soundwave) organiser AJ Maddah, the Los Angeles-based collective have decided to pull out a month before the festival is set to take place at Melbourne’s Werribee Park, Sydney’s Parramatta Park and Brisbane’s Riverstage in November. No reason has been given for their late withdrawal, and no word either on whether they’ll be replaced.

Ozomatli have a line-up of anywhere from seven to 10 members who play a fusion of funk, soul, hip-hop and rock. Their live shows are legendary—they’ve performed at South By Southwest five times, as well as playing festivals like Bonnaroo, Coachella and, here in Australia, the Big Day Out, Falls Festival, WOMAdelaide and the East Coast Blues and Roots Festival.

Other acts performing at Harvest this year include Beck, Sigur Ros, Grizzly Bear, Mike Patton’s Mondo Cane, Santigold and Ben Folds Five, with Silversun Pickups, Dexys (Midnight Runners) and Crazy P (formerly Crazy Penis) recently announced in round two.

The 2012 Harvest Festival lineup:

Sunday, November 11 – Werribee Park, Melbourne
Saturday, November 17 – Parramatta Park, Sydney
Sunday, November 18 – Riverstage, Brisbane

Comments

VegetableLasagne

VegetableLasagne said on the 14th Oct, 2012

wonder if he misspelt their name on purpose..

tyler07 said on the 14th Oct, 2012

Replacement would be good...

Evil_bob

Evil_bob said on the 14th Oct, 2012

thats pretty crap. i started listening to them because i would be seeing them in harvest and was really looking forward to them

Pattonhawk

Pattonhawk said on the 14th Oct, 2012

Replace them with the Crash Test Dummies...

Victim

Victim said on the 14th Oct, 2012

I guess we won't be seeing the timetable that AJ said would be out last week, anytime soon then..!

Nosyt

Nosyt said on the 14th Oct, 2012

Finally a spot for radiohead

Braveheart81 said on the 14th Oct, 2012

Hopefully Grinspoon replace them.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 14th Oct, 2012

I want $12 of my entry back

gumbuoy said on the 14th Oct, 2012

Yeah I was keen to check them out. They've got a kids album coming out soonish, and JJJ played the first track from it, and it was super catchy and fun...

Stugalug

Stugalug said on the 15th Oct, 2012

I've seen them a few times, they played every festival 10-15 years ago. Great live band.

grattan said on the 15th Oct, 2012

Hmmmm... Harvest has been sitting on this news for weeks with the band still on the tour poster.

From Ozomatli's site on the 26th September:

Hey Oz Ozo-heads!

We regretfully announce that we will not be coming to Australia this November as part of Harvest Festival. A huge bummer of a scheduling conflict that made it impossible for us to get there this time around.

We will be back in Australia in 2013!!! We will make it up to you big time Ozoheads!!

Watch for us next year with a new Ozomatli record and Australia tour!

Braveheart81 said on the 15th Oct, 2012

I wonder when they'll send out my membership cards?

The event is only a month away.

gumbuoy said on the 15th Oct, 2012

I realised today that I forgot to reply to that email they sent out asking for details for membership card holders. I've sent it through to them now, hoping it's not too late.

Of course, I'm not sure what it means by "too late". Email is a pretty ridiculous method to use if you absolutely need information before giving people the tickets they've already paid for.

EDIT: I just tweeted AJ to ask when they'd be going out. I feel dirty.

EDIT2: And now I have my reply.

AJ ‏@iamnotshouting
@gumbuoy Right now!

I've asked him if they're replacing Ozo with Titus Andronicus :)

demonofthefall

demonofthefall said on the 16th Oct, 2012

EDIT: I just tweeted AJ to ask when they'd be going out. I feel dirty.

EDIT2: And now I have my reply.

AJ ‏@iamnotshouting
@gumbuoy Right now!

I've asked him if they're replacing Ozo with Titus Andronicus :)

When did this email get sent out? My inbox is in a bit of a state at the moment, I think I missed it :S

gumbuoy said on the 16th Oct, 2012

I think mid-September?

demonofthefall

demonofthefall said on the 16th Oct, 2012

From Harvest or Oztix? Not having much luck finding it at the moment...

gumbuoy said on the 16th Oct, 2012

Mine came from 'newsletters@news.oztix.com.au' on September 18.

Braveheart81 said on the 16th Oct, 2012

Did you order multiple membership cards in the single transaction?

If not, you won't have got an email asking you to confirm names.

demonofthefall

demonofthefall said on the 16th Oct, 2012

Did you order multiple membership cards in the single transaction?

If not, you won't have got an email asking you to confirm names.

Ah that probably explains it, it was just one for myself.