Future Music Festival lineup2013

Future Music Festival have confirmed their 2013 lineup, lead by hotly rumoured Madchester legends The Stone Roses.

Following through with their promise to deliver “the biggest lineup yet” FMF have confirmed nearly forty artists on next year’s bill, including dance-punks The Prodigy, the UK’s sharpest looking rapper Dizzee Rascal and a special guest performance from k-pop sensation PSY. Gangnam Style!

Also returning to our shores next March for their first national tour since 2009 is Bloc Party and the lady who incited a mini riot when she performed her smash hit 212 at Splendour earlier this year, Azealia Banks

We haven’t seen the Stone Roses in Australia since 1995, but the legendary band’s return to the live circuit after a sixteen year absence has been met with glowing reviews. After making their return in front of 240,000 fans in Manchester Stereogum declared that “the extended versions of ‘Fools Gold’ and the hotly anticipated climax of ‘I Am Resurrection’ ... were undeniable highlights and proved that the years of incommunicado hadn’t eroded the rhythmic connection that made the Stone Roses the legends they once were and, on the strength of Saturday’s show, seem to be becoming all over again.”

To get us in the mood for Future Music Festival and the return of summer we have put together a live preview – set lists, live footage and what to expect when Bloc Party, The Prodigy, Stone Roses, Dizzie Rascal, Azealia Banks, fun., and more land on shores later this year. Check it out.

FasterLouder presents Future Music Festival 2013 lineup

The Prodigy
The Stone Roses
“Special Guest” PSY (Gangnam Style)
Dizzee Rascal
Super8 & Tab
Ben Gold
Bombs Away
The Stafford Brothers & Timmy Trumpet
Tenzin
+ more to be announced

Tickets for Future Music Festival go on sale Thursday October 18th through www.futuremusicfestival.com. First release tickets are $140 +BF.

Future Music Festival 2013 dates:

Saturday, March 2 – Doomben Racecourse, Brisbane
Sunday, March 3 – Arena Joondalup, Perth
Saturday, March 9 – Randwick Racecourse, Sydney
Sunday, March 10 – Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne
Monday, March 11 – Bonython Park, Adelaide

Comments

Hinee

Hinee said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Attended last years show: swore I'd never go again.

This year had aphex twin and die antwoord: broke that promise. Guaranteed myself I wouldn't fool myself again.

Awesome lineup that I would go to at any other festival, except future. Fuck Doomben racecourse and fuck the crowd.

01seb

01seb said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Will go if I pick up a free ticket and see Temper Trap, Fun, Bloc Party and Prodigy. Otherwise no way am I paying, Doomben is horrible.

Oflick said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Anyone else guessing the Prodigy and Stone Roses will be clashing? Sort of like Swedish House Mafia and New Order this year (the two headliners)? This festival's poor timetabling record is one of the many reasons I'm not intending to go.

Braveheart81 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

FMF is a very large festival.

They have to timetable headlining acts that are going to split the crowd.

They just can't have a situation where they have 20,000+ people all wanting to be at one stage and 5,000 people in the rest of the venue.

Andeh

Andeh said on the 10th Oct, 2012

There's some cool stuff on there, like Azealia, Ricardo and Richie Hawtin, but overall it's a pretty big let down for me. Might miss it this year, for the first time in ages.

Also, why are Fun. always billed pretty low in Australia. They're massive, no?

Patrick Holmes

Patrick Holmes said on the 10th Oct, 2012

need to go to this!
i went this year and also said i wouldn't return, and was hoping for a bad lineup, but doesn't seem like that's the case anymore. atleast my main issue with last year, being the location, has been changed. moving it to bonython park here in adelaide is an excellent decision, proven successful for soundwave and such. only problem now is the people, but i can live with that.
must see:
bloc party, the prodigy, the stone roses, azealia banks, fun., ellie goulding. and would see boys noize, feed me, gypsy and the cat, temper trap and rita.

Patrick Holmes

Patrick Holmes said on the 10th Oct, 2012

and as muh as i dislike psy and all that, it would be quite a sight seeing everyone go nuts for it. though by march the hype would have wore off a lot, but certainly a tcket seller. also, the lineup seems it may appeal less to the dance twats as much as last years, so perhaps it mightent be as bad ahah

gumbuoy said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Do you think he'll play Gangnam style?

Braveheart81 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

I don't get the excitement.

This to me seems like the same sort of ridiculous fascination as The Crazy Frog song or something similar.

It is rubbish and the only people excited by it are tweens and people who are such followers of pop culture that they feel like they need to be excited about it because they think everyone else is excited by it.

VegetableLasagne

VegetableLasagne said on the 10th Oct, 2012

jesus, i would love to see the stone roses and bloc party, but not at a fucking festival. it would be most interesting to see how ellie goulding goes down at future. boys noize and the cocoon stage would be pretty excellent but.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 10th Oct, 2012

I don't get the excitement.

And Santos, who blurs the line between irony and genuine fandom.

Braveheart81 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Santos would be the guy who 'ironically' queues for seven hours to be front and centre for a performance in Martin Place on Sunrise.

Oflick said on the 10th Oct, 2012

FMF is a very large festival.

They have to timetable headlining acts that are going to split the crowd.

True, and I can't argue that Swedish House Mafia and New Order would share much of the same fanbase. I was mainly taking another chance to bitch about the Aphex Twin and New Order clash, albeit rather poorly worded (I didn't mention Aphex Twin in my post).

A Prodigy and Stone Roses clash would annoy a lot more people than the New Order/SHM, but it will probably happen. All speculation, of course.

And Psy's popularity seems to stem mainly from "hey, look at that funny dancing Asian! Isn't he hilarious? People from other countries are crazy". If he was American I can't imagine the hype being as big (could be, though).

gumbuoy said on the 10th Oct, 2012

After hearing everyone talk about Gangnam, I assumed I was going to hate it, but then when I finally got around to watching/listening to it, I kinda liked it.

Obviously it's been ridden into the ground, but there's just something about the big buildup and then payoff in the music that gets me. It really speaks to me :)

Definitely a wedding-staple of the future.

shazie said on the 10th Oct, 2012

I don't get the excitement.

Say what you will, but this looked like it would have been very fun to be apart of

Patrick Holmes

Patrick Holmes said on the 10th Oct, 2012

dose anyone else see the poster to be quite a hint at the stages and the order of those performing. granted it isn't, but deffinitely gives an idea.

Stefan Beck said on the 10th Oct, 2012

'Sup Bro?

old_mate_herb

old_mate_herb said on the 10th Oct, 2012

i think it's worth attending.
keen for prodigy, bloc party, azaelia banks, rudimental, madeon and a-trak.
thinking the psy thing would definitely have blown over by then. unless his five? previous albums start getting some loving.

Oflick said on the 10th Oct, 2012

'Sup Bro?

I'll just let myself out then...

nickrah

nickrah said on the 10th Oct, 2012

i'd only go to future if they'd say dizzee rascal was to do gangnam style with psy.

doubt it though.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Great lineup... The Prodigy, AZEALIA BANKS, Bloc Party are enough reason to buy a ticket each on their own... Boys Noize, Psy and The Stone Roses doesn't hurt! Looking through the rest of the lineup I was thinking it's looking pretty shit until I came across the Cocoon Heroes tent... Holy hell... hopefully there is a Cocoon Heroes sideshow at the metro

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 10th Oct, 2012

as long as bloc party do sideshows this is strictly a 'media pass with VIP section privileges so I don't have to mix with the scum' festival.

I reviewed this year and didn't have an awful time. mostly because I smuggled about 4 of those little rum bottles in under my ballsack and drank them all before 1pm. please note, not from the bottles.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 10th Oct, 2012

It's because they're so bad.

tyler07 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

The more I look at it, the more pissed off I get that Future continue to book good acts... Really annoyed that Bloc Party aren't doing a headlining tour, the new album is so fantastic that they could easily do an awesome 90 minute set.

Andeh

Andeh said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Well, that is how festivals work. Book acts that will make people want to come.

ThatDude123 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

*7.5 hours, get it right

tyler07 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Is it? Thanks for clarifying that. Where would I be without that kind of insight.

It was more a dig at the fact that Future is a festival designed for scantily clad, pill munching fucktards where acts like Bloc Party and The Stone Roses' talents are wasted.

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 10th Oct, 2012

That's an impressive ball sack you have there sir

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 10th Oct, 2012

things i've heard at a funeral.

Jose Cuervo said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Nah 2007 slayed all future line ups....close 2nd to 2006

They had that this year with majority of hte crowd at Swedish House Mafia....there were sfa at New Order and Aphex....even the trance tent seemed less full than usual

Jose Cuervo said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Seriously though, what an average line up

lanesra23

lanesra23 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Aim and Ignite was amazeballs! Easily a Top 5 album of 2009.

Have only listened to Some Nights once.

MorningAfterboy said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Just had a look at both and couldn't even come close to agreeing with you.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Aim and Ignite was amazeballs! Easily a Top 5 album of 2009.

Have only listened to Some Nights once.

Each to their own. But personally, I think their albums just sound like the b-sides of a Glee soundtrack.

MorningAfterboy said on the 10th Oct, 2012

a) Glee is awesome and b) Fuck you.

Here endeth the lesson.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 10th Oct, 2012

a) Glee is awesome and b) Fuck you.

Here endeth the lesson.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 10th Oct, 2012

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Jose Cuervo said on the 10th Oct, 2012

AMIDOINGITRITE?

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Yea. I would have said that two of the acts appealed to "old people", but it looks like Prodigy and Stone Roses will clash.

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Each of those acts are almost enough reason to buy a ticket to their own concert, depending on if I feel like it at the particular time that they go on sale.

berlinchair101 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

AMIDOINGITRITE?

10/10

lanesra23

lanesra23 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

At worst, it's the other way round.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Glee sounds like the b-sides of a fun. album?

Either way my point is that to me, fun. sounds a lot like the songs from Glee, which is not a good thing in my opinion.

MorningAfterboy said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Uncanny.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Just want to point out that the pill poppers aren't the problem, they are usually happy and pleasant, or keep to themselves. It's more the aggressive roiders needing to assert their masculinity all over the place, drunk bogans and teenagers

berlinchair101 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Let's all just agree that everyone is terrible.

tyler07 said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Now this I can get on board with.

Nosyt

Nosyt said on the 10th Oct, 2012

grattan said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Andeh

Andeh said on the 10th Oct, 2012

I still maintain that, outside the main stage, the roid ragers are eerily absent at future, at least in brisbane. I've never had a problem, but them i'm usually pretty drunk.

The poster appears to break it down by stage. Obviously, this wouldnt be gospel, but if it goes that way Dizzee, Stone Roses and Prodigy will clash

waylon black

waylon black said on the 11th Oct, 2012

I can see the Cocoon heroes tent now,
Vath pilled up to eyeballs, alternating between cheesy techno and snore inducing tech house, letting a record play till the last eight then lazily crossing to next yawn inducing opus when he will then raise his arms in triumph.

Villalobos in a striped t shirt, hasn't slept in days, still playing his scratched copy of Good Life.

Troxler will probably play some cool stuff but will be let down by his sloppy mixing but that's ok, that how they do it in Detroit
Hawtin, still hasn't come to the realization that what he has been playing for the last few years is shit plinky plonk tech house and it sounds even worse when he layers four tracks of it over each over.

All of this will go on with a steady stream of wanna be Picture models wearing the same outfit and blowing kisses to the crowd, parading behind the decks.

Yeah, nah

Scott_FUTURE

Scott_FUTURE said on the 11th Oct, 2012

glad to hear our lineup has been so well received

tickets on sale now
sat 2nd mar . brisbane >> http://www.futurefans.com.au/p/23912?f=1
sun 3rd mar . perth >> http://www.futurefans.com.au/p/23911?f=1
sat 9th mar . sydney >> http://www.futurefans.com.au/p/23910?f=1
sun 10th mar . melbourne >> http://www.futurefans.com.au/p/23909?f=1
mon 11th mar . adelaide >> http://www.futurefans.com.au/p/23908?f=1

see you all in march ;)

MorningAfterboy said on the 11th Oct, 2012

Shut up and give us Bloc Party sideshows, dick.

tyler07 said on the 11th Oct, 2012

I just literally lolled on the bus at this. But yes, seconded. And one in Brisbane too ya cunt.

gumbuoy said on the 11th Oct, 2012

To borrow a phrase, if you walk into an Australian daytime dance festival, and after 5 minutes you can't spot the roid rager, you ARE the roid rager.

gumbuoy said on the 11th Oct, 2012

Scott, if you're taking requests, can I please get a Prodigy sideshow, at the Riverstage, preferably playing Fat Of The Land in full? And a side of chips? With a pickle?

lanesra23

lanesra23 said on the 11th Oct, 2012

I can see the Cocoon heroes tent now,

Yeah, nah

You need better drugs!

Hawtin had robots with lasers, and weird people in stilts at Exit. Well, that's what I saw...

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 11th Oct, 2012

For those of you who are interested, Scott has confirmed on ITM that The Stone Roses and The Prodigy will not be clashing.

Anyway, Prodigy Riverstage sideshow please. Not sure Cocoon Heroes tent is worth $140.. Vath was shit this year.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 11th Oct, 2012

The last time Väth was good was when I saw him play after Hawtin at the Metro last year. That was actually one of the best sets I've ever seen. Here's hoping their oneupmanship will continue to 2013...

And/or some good sideshows

shazie said on the 11th Oct, 2012

That can only mean one thing...

DUET PERFORMANCE!

Smack my waterfall bitch up.

lanesra23

lanesra23 said on the 12th Oct, 2012

Completely missed Cosmic Gate on the line-up. Super!

Full Throttle

Full Throttle said on the 12th Oct, 2012

good work guys! line-up looks pretty sweet!

Patrick Holmes

Patrick Holmes said on the 12th Oct, 2012

i just hope that doesn't mean a clash with bloc party then :/
hoping they do a headlining act mainstage, rather than more dancy headliners on main stage. bloc party, the stone roses, followed by prodigy to close it up. regardless, i'm sure there will be a horrible cash in there somewhere.
how are we predicting the timetable then?

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 12th Oct, 2012

As long as I get to see Myzealia, Bloc Party and the Prodigy I'll be happy

Annies boobs

Annies boobs said on the 12th Oct, 2012

if i get to see the your list plus stone roses i'll be happy. i can't believe i'm actually considering going to future :/

Quicky

Quicky said on the 12th Oct, 2012

Can't believe you're actually leaving the air vents and entering our civilization for once Annies boobs

ashu887

ashu887 said on the 13th Oct, 2012

i saw some live videos of justin bieber and enjoyed them a lot but i m looking for some hard stuff.if we talk about music in india the mind goes towards folk musicians .

ashu887

ashu887 said on the 13th Oct, 2012

dint get what wait....?? y askin for this, n do u have somthin with u?????:)

shazie said on the 13th Oct, 2012

....que?

I don't know how any of what you said has anything to do with the lineup to future.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 13th Oct, 2012

But I bet he has a great food delivery company.

Quicky

Quicky said on the 13th Oct, 2012

1. You enjoyed Bieber but are looking for better music. You definitely came to the right place, we know our shit.
2. You're from India and all you and your people talk about is folk music. Last time I checked India were heaps interested in Karnivool and Parkway Drive so you check them out and expand your eclectic taste haha

Quicky

Quicky said on the 13th Oct, 2012

Sorry mate, this isn't eHarmony.

The majority of us are asexual beings here. Except for me, I'm in a relationship with this women.

She give me taco flavoured kisses.

berlinchair101 said on the 13th Oct, 2012

Yes, yes very good. But where can I order food online?

MorningAfterboy said on the 13th Oct, 2012

Bieber is better than most of the acts on this line-up, tbh.

Annies boobs

Annies boobs said on the 14th Oct, 2012

i heard a rumour there will be some purple pens for me to steal at future. chang keeps taking all mine, claiming he needs them to write down ideas for possible chang puns.

01seb

01seb said on the 18th Oct, 2012

Future Music are promoting on facebook that The Prodigy and Stone Roses are festival exclusives.

Braveheart81 said on the 18th Oct, 2012

I will be so pissed off if The Stone Roses only play Future.

I'm not buying a ticket to Future. I'll hold out and see what happens. Hopefully it sells out quickly.

humanracin

humanracin said on the 18th Oct, 2012

Wait, what!?

But they can't advertise something as being exclusive then say oh we sold enough festival tickets, here's some sideshows even though we said there weren't going to be any... can they?

shazie said on the 18th Oct, 2012

Not unless they want the ACCC to slap them upside their head.

Braveheart81 said on the 18th Oct, 2012

Wait, what!?

I really doubt that would be something that ACCC would care about.

Provided they remained the 'exclusive' bit on any advertising once a sideshow went on sale, I can't see them having any issues.

It's not the most ethical thing ever but I highly doubt it would fall under misleading and deceptive conduct.

pyrokinetiq

pyrokinetiq said on the 16th Nov, 2012

awesome lineup, though i'd love to see gtronic or mustard pimp in the next announcement. die antwoord should come back again, they put on an amazing performance at this year's future!

grattan said on the 4th Dec, 2012

New Zealand gets a The Stone Roses sideshow - 26th February, 2013, Vector Arena.
C'mon Melbourne sideshow!

MorningAfterboy said on the 4th Dec, 2012

Bloc Party/fun./Ellie/Azealia sideys plz. Hell, put them all on the one. Call it MAB-Fest.

grattan said on the 17th Jan, 2013

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 17th Jan, 2013

love it how they emphasis the "LOL"

even Future thinks its funny how often Avicii tours.

gumbuoy said on the 17th Jan, 2013

It's getting less and less likely that Prodigy are going to be playing a sideshow in my back yard, or anywhere near it.

berlinchair101 said on the 17th Jan, 2013

Think positive Gumbuoy! When you consider the unfathomable enormity of space, The Prodigy gig isn't that far from you at all!

gumbuoy said on the 17th Jan, 2013

When I consider the unfathomable enormity of space, that's where you'd have to hurl pretty much every person going to Future Music Festival before I'd think about attending.

Lance Uppercut

Lance Uppercut said on the 17th Jan, 2013

Just when you think it can't get any worse, they do that.

FFS, Bloc Party show please.

gumbuoy said on the 17th Jan, 2013

If I could get a cheap ticket, and confirm no clashes between Bloc Party, Prodigy, fun., I would probably attend.

shazie said on the 17th Jan, 2013

Yeah if Bloc Party don't have a sideshows I'll be forced to go as well.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 19th Jan, 2013

Hmm... might wait until they release timetables and stage setup. If they can keep all the crap on one side of the race course and have the live bands, the prodigy and cocoon heroes on the other then it'd be worthwhile

Quicky

Quicky said on the 26th Jan, 2013

I'm going to the Fun. sideshow for free with a mate and yeah will only go to Future if I can see BP, The Prodigy, The Stone Roses, Azealia Banks and Dizzee Rascal without clashes.

There are 36 more comments. View them all