Refused announce 2012Australian tour

UPDATE 31/8: A second Melbourne date has been added for Friday 16 November. Tickets on sale now!

It’s official: Refused are not fucking dead! Following on from Ken West’s confirmation that they would be here “before the end of the year” Swedish hardcore legends Refused have announced a November headline tour of Australia.

After their breakup in 1998 the band spent a decade denying reunion rumours with drummer David Strummer telling FL less than two years ago: “It’s not something that comes naturally from anyone of us anymore. The same way that you would hear rumours about Refused reforming, I hear those rumours. I just heard a couple of months ago that Refused were playing in America this summer and I was just like ‘that’s fucking weird’. You wonder who makes that shit up. It’s just annoying I suppose.”

Following the reissue of Refused’s seminal album The Shape Of Things To Come, which was described by its FL reviewer as “as influential and genre defining to punk and hardcore as Nirvana’s Nevermind was to grunge,” the band ‘gave in’ and announced a headline set at Coachella and a run of European solo shows.

Refused Australian tour dates:

New Noise
Tannhäuser / Derivè

Setlist from HMV Forum show in London – August 13th 2012

Comments

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 12th Nov, 2012

Fuck that was amazing, even better than I thought it would be

RAMONESelaar said on the 12th Nov, 2012

So fucking keen for Thursday's show.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 12th Nov, 2012

Dennis is so handsome, witty and kind.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 12th Nov, 2012

Every time I realise I'm unable to see Refused I have to remind myself

"You're seeing Radiohead you're seeing Radiohead you're seeing Radiohead FUCK YOU'RE MISSING REFUSED you're seeing Radiohead"

This.

Multiplied by my brother and other Brisbane friends posting on FB about how awesome last night was.

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 12th Nov, 2012

What a fucking band! Not my usual cuppa but they fucking slayed. Dennis is an absolute weapon. Kept the political ranting to a minimum and he seemed genuinely overwhelmed by the response from the crowd. Band were tight as fuck. If you are doing 2 Radiohead shows instead of Radiohead & Refused, I seriously urge you to reconsider.

Although Refused's performance was the highlight of the night, Tyler pushing past me on his way to redefine mosh was a close second.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 12th Nov, 2012

I saw someone in a Compton hat a fair few people in front of me, pretty sure it was Tyler.

RAMONESelaar said on the 12th Nov, 2012

Good form Tyler.

Any Melbourne bros going?

MorningAfterboy said on the 12th Nov, 2012

The visuals I'm getting are truly awe-inspiring.

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 12th Nov, 2012

Not long to go now! Been waiting to see Refused for a long time, only 3 days to go!

tyler07 said on the 12th Nov, 2012

Hahaha, shiiiiit. Apologies y'all, was a little bit too excited last night.

I was down the front, in-line with the guitarist on the right. I've got some serious ear fuzz today from being in front of the speaker stack... But seriously what an amazing gig, definitely my highlight of the year and in my top 5 performances ever.

Andeh

Andeh said on the 12th Nov, 2012

All expectations I had were blown away in the first 5 minutes. Loved it. Wished I could cash in my leave and get on a plane for melbourne and go to both shows.

crob said on the 12th Nov, 2012

almost brought... then realised that the tickets located in Melbourne.... might walk the pass venue on way the home n see if there are any scalper desperate to off load at a discount

OrdinaryInfidel

OrdinaryInfidel said on the 12th Nov, 2012

Hahaha, shiiiiit. Apologies y'all, was a little bit too excited last night.

This is was were I was at the Perth show and I highly recommend it to all. Position A for sure !

berlinchair101 said on the 12th Nov, 2012

Ima dance to ALL the wrong songs tonight.

And the wrong moves? They sure as fuck are going to be enjoyed.

knate

knate said on the 12th Nov, 2012

i'll be in my new royal headache tee and a LA Raiders cap. if you see me, punch me in the face

crob said on the 12th Nov, 2012

tyler07 said on the 12th Nov, 2012

Raiders suck. Ravens4lyf.

RAMONESelaar said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Why does it seem like half the Australians who follow NFL pick the Ravens?

Chargers all the way

berlinchair101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Patriots stand UP!

But seriously, it's all about The Green Bay Packers.

berlinchair101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Everyone goes for the Patriots ha ha. The only people I know who go for the Ravens are Tyler and Naps.

RAMONESelaar said on the 13th Nov, 2012

I've got half a dozen, maybe more, friends that follow NFL - all but two are Ravens fans (Steelers and Pats are the others).

knate

knate said on the 13th Nov, 2012

thread now about tylers shit taste in NFL teams

knate

knate said on the 13th Nov, 2012

MorningAfterboy said on the 13th Nov, 2012

The Nye Mets are my favourite squadron.

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Philly Eagles, that's my team.

mangounit101

mangounit101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

i'm a falcons man.

with a soft spot for the rams, for introducing me to the game back when they were the greatest show on turf.

RAMONESelaar said on the 13th Nov, 2012

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_vick#Dog_fighting_investigations"]'nuff said.

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 13th Nov, 2012

That scumbag has only been there for a couple of seasons, I was all about Brian Dawkins, Todd Pinkston, Jeremiah Trotter, Donovan McNabb and The Freak Jevon Kearse! I'm not about to change teams just because they signed Vick.

Anyway when that dog fighting shit came up he was a Falcon, it wasn't till after his prison sentence the Eagles signed him.

In summary, you fail.

RAMONESelaar said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Still saying things or people "fail" in 2012 is possibly the pinnacle of irony.

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 13th Nov, 2012

oh yea and 'nuff said' is so original :rolleyes:

mangounit101

mangounit101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

any peeps who went to the other refused shows, what time would you say they were finished by? right now it's looking like i'm missing every connecting train and not making it home until 6am

yay

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 13th Nov, 2012

yay

In Brisbane their advertised set time was 9:30-10:45 but in reality they came on at 9:30 and probably had the encore and finished up by 10:35 if that is any help.

berlinchair101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

yay

Where you connecting to?

mangounit101

mangounit101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

just need to get back to newcastle. but if they do finish up around 10:35 i should be right to make it back by 2:30. thanks guys.

tyler07 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Getting back to being off topic - I find most people to go for Patriots or Giants (alot of whom after their win last year...).
Ravens absolutely rule. Going pretty well this season but losing Lewis absolutely sucks. My brother actually plays gridiron and is a diehard Dallas supporter, never met anyone else in Aus that backs the Cowboys.

I'm more of an NBA fan anyways. Go the muthafucking Knicks, killer start to season. Anybody who slags NY will be justifiably murdered.

deanoss

deanoss said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Good form Tyler.

Any Melbourne bros going?

Melbourne Bro attending

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 13th Nov, 2012

NFL - Eagles
NBA - Bulls (yup, i jumped on the bandwagon in the '90s and never hopped off)
NHL - Sharks
MLB - Red Sox (I'm a massive fan of Cheers, couldn't think of a reason to support any other team)

berlinchair101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Is there an American sports thread?

Jamie B

Jamie B said on the 13th Nov, 2012

standing ticket for sale for the enmore tonight, cost price - pick up outside venue. pm me...

berlinchair101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Yes, yes, very good. But what NFL team will you be supporting?

batdan

batdan said on the 13th Nov, 2012

At least 2 that i know of.

batdan

batdan said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Really wanted to dress up as bjorn borg for Adelaide show. Looks like i might eat meatballs from ikea before the gig instead.

shazie said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Just come in this to make them feel more at home

ThatDude123 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Sitting down and waiting like a turd. Where are all you punks?

RAMONESelaar said on the 13th Nov, 2012

At home, slightly drunk. Good times.

berlinchair101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

At the pub like a normal person.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Studying like a pretty cool guy.

RAMONESelaar said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Long story short, eat a dick Santos

tyler07 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Some of us cool kids saw Refused on Sunday. So yeah I'm a bit drunk as well, watching Geordie Shore like the trashy loser I am.

Napoleon Solo said on the 13th Nov, 2012

I don't go for the Ravens. There was no Baltimore team when I was a kid. Patriots have been my team since the day Drew Bledsoe made his first start.
To derail the thread further is anyone else old enough to have stayed up on a Thursday night as a kid to watch Don Lane's NFL show. It was the only way to see games, the games were delayed by about 4 days but the internet wasn't really a spoiler back then.

Cowboy fans are a dime a dozen if you knew more people my age and joined the aussie NFL forums you'd be surprised. The Cowboys were to the 90's what the Patriots are now.

I have been a suffering Knicks fan for years, they are a terrible organization. I hope they are starting to turn the corner but I am still not convinced. Early days.

OrdinaryInfidel

OrdinaryInfidel said on the 13th Nov, 2012

HUGE Chicago Bulls fan here ! NBA fanatic.

tyler07 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Yeah in the scheme of things I'm a pretty casual NFL fan, I just really enjoy watching the Ravens.

Could not ask for a better start for the Knicks though. 'Melo is on fire and I'm predicting a huge season for them, especially with some exciting talent like Raymond Felton and J.R. Smith.

Napoleon Solo said on the 13th Nov, 2012

We are the oldest team in NBA history, that scares me thinking about the future beyond this season. I will be more confident when Shumpert get's healthy.

tyler07 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

The fact our last championship was the early 70s isn't exactly fantastic... 2013 is our year!

Stoudemire should be a nice addition to whenever he returns. I have all the faith in the world in Melo though, he seems hungry after his performances so far this season and in the Olympic games. He's our man.

OrdinaryInfidel

OrdinaryInfidel said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Sorry mate but the Knicks are going to the second round at best. Even with all the geriatrics staying healthy they can't match the East's best. And still don't think Melo and Stoudemire can coexist. Both ballstoppers who want iso's run for them every play.

Too old, too many headcases. Granted it's been a great start but I'm not convinced it will last.

tyler07 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

We shall wait and see. They comfortably knocked off Miami who in my opinion are the only other Eastern team looking good in the early days of the season.

The West is looking dangerous though. My tip to take out the West is the Clippers, they're looking great thus far.

OrdinaryInfidel

OrdinaryInfidel said on the 13th Nov, 2012

See we shall. Knicks have improved from last year but I personally can't see them beating Miami ( or a healthy Boston ) in a 7 game series.

The West is very tight and hard to pick. Hard to get a read this early but I will stick with my preseason pick of OKC. Martin fits in nicely and Lamb will improve as he finds his niche. The Clippers are a real chance, they are deep and made some nice moves. When Billups & Hill get fit and the lineup settles it will be interesting to see how they go.

Napoleon Solo said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Two words, Tyson Chandler. If the beastly team defence continues all season, the Heat will be no problem.

Jose Cuervo said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Chargers all the way

Yeaaaaaaaah buddy

knate

knate said on the 13th Nov, 2012

fukkkkkkk.... so good I got a slight early onset case of food poisoning and had to run to the loo

It's not punk unless you spew or nearly shit yourself

berlinchair101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

If anyone saw a handsome blonde guy wearing a grey, deer print pull over, loosing his shit, that was me.

mangounit101

mangounit101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

i like the knicks, but i don't think amare will do much help when he returns, if anything i see him hindering chemistry and leaking points in the post. for the record i'm a thunder fan.. so i'm currently quite gutted with the james harden trade.

but back on topic, how good were refused! i even managed to cop a concussion from some guys boot and make it home by 3

berlinchair101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

Good man. Such a fun and sweaty show.

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 13th Nov, 2012

all these awesome comments about refused are making me immensely excited, bring on tomorrow night!

mangounit101

mangounit101 said on the 13th Nov, 2012

i can't resist putting this up, it may be the only decent live shot i've ever taken.

Stefan Beck said on the 14th Nov, 2012

Seeing Dennis slowly drench his entire outfit in sweat was pretty amazing.

MorningAfterboy said on the 14th Nov, 2012

One of the best crowds ever. One of the best gigs of the year.
My favourite gig injury ever (sadly wasn't as purple as last night, but you get the idea).

mangounit101

mangounit101 said on the 14th Nov, 2012

aah so that was you in the red shirt head banging like a maniac?

good form.

MorningAfterboy said on the 14th Nov, 2012

Pink, thank you! That was my Free Pussy Riot shirt :)

MojoMonkey

MojoMonkey said on the 14th Nov, 2012

you're mosh pit abilities saved me on a number of occasions last night.

OrdinaryInfidel

OrdinaryInfidel said on the 14th Nov, 2012

The Perth pit was perfect. Intense but not too much testosterone charged over the top aggression. My wife was in there up the front with me the whole time. I haven't been in a pit for as long as I can remember but it was essential the other night and kudos to all involved for bringing such a good vibe.

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 14th Nov, 2012

Braveheart81 said on the 14th Nov, 2012

The guy who gave you the bruise under your eye.

berlinchair101 said on the 14th Nov, 2012

Sorry, my mistake.

MojoMonkey

MojoMonkey said on the 15th Nov, 2012

i was wearing a "refused are f*ing dead" shirt
you toke the full force of more than a few dreadlocked punters charging in my direction.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 15th Nov, 2012

Dennis Lyxzen taking five on JJJ RIGHT NOW

RAMONESelaar said on the 15th Nov, 2012

Last night's show was fucking incredible. If you missed Refused on this tour, you dun goofed.

Going to be controversial and say that Dennis is a better frontman than Pelle Almqvist.

tissue

tissue said on the 15th Nov, 2012

I am in pain. How is Dennis awake this early after all those flips and jumping.

I think Pelle learnt a lot off Dennis since they toured together in 1998 by the way!

RAMONESelaar said on the 15th Nov, 2012

Yeah, I imagine their shows together would've been a huuuuuge learning experience.

berlinchair101 said on the 15th Nov, 2012

That was a quality top 5/interview.

berlinchair101 said on the 16th Nov, 2012

AC/DC
Slayer
Off!
Iggy and the Stooges
Fiest

batdan

batdan said on the 16th Nov, 2012

any idea what Slayer track?

RAMONESelaar said on the 16th Nov, 2012

It was one of their thrashy ones.

batdan

batdan said on the 17th Nov, 2012

So its the end if the tour, Adelaide show was awesome as expected. Dennis was having the time of his life. Nice to know we were the last show on the tour before their hometown farewell.

tissue

tissue said on the 18th Nov, 2012

After the second Melbourne show I ended up meeting Dennis Lyxzen. I remembered your post here and asked him about whether he taught Pelle anything. He laughed and said that Pelle was already a crazy 17 year old in 1995 (he said they toured together then too). Really awesome guy and he was really chuffed about selling out that venue twice. He said the first night's Melbourne crowd was the best all year.

RAMONESelaar said on the 18th Nov, 2012

That's awesome! Hives and Refused all the way back in 95 would've been crazy.

MELBOURNE FIRST NIGHT REPRESENT

Napoleon Solo said on the 18th Nov, 2012

I have to admit, Melbourne once again pulled down Sydney's pants for a paddlin'.
I don't know what it is but there always seems to be a bigger energy and enthusiasm at Melbourne shows. I am thinking about selling my Sydney Alexisonfire ticket for that very reason.

There are 224 more comments. View them all