Image for Harvest 2012 second lineup announcement; second Melbourne date

Harvest 2012 second lineupannouncement; second Melbournedate

Following on from its spectacular debut last year Harvest Festival returns in November with one hell of a lineup. The first round of the lineup announcement boasted a very impressive collection of acts including Beck, Sigur Ros, Grizzly Bear, and Mike Patton’s Mondo Cane but the festival has grown even bigger with another batch of musical goodness joining the bill.

The second round announcement adds Silversun Pickups, River City Extension, and Crazy P to the bill. The festival has also locked in an unexpected set from Dexys Midnight Runners who made a return earlier this year with One Day I’m Going to Soar their first album since way back in 1985. Come on down Eileen!

The first Melbourne leg of the festival on Sunday 11th November has already sold out, but if you were slow off the mark there’s now a second Harvest festival on the (far more convenient) Saturday afternoon.

While the Melbourne leg of last year’s festival was plagued by issues such as parking and long drink lines, the inaugural event was widely considered a success, with our Brisbane reviewer concluding: “Harvest turned out one of the best curated Australian festivals of 2011, immaculate in its execution and in turn having drawn the kind of punter you don’t want to smack in the mouth.”

Harvest 2012 second lineup:

Saturday 17th November – Parramatta Park, Sydney
Sunday 18th November – Riverstage, Brisbane

Tickets on sale now; $154 + booking fee

Comments

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 19th Oct, 2012

Much better. You can stay, kaydee.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 19th Oct, 2012

A new obsession for Jose and I.

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 19th Oct, 2012

This is a personal favourite

I wish I had Jose & Ramone on Facebook so I could photoshop their heads on :(

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 19th Oct, 2012

You seem to know who everyone on here is, how do you not have people on fb?! Santos keeps using my last name on here, it's not that hard to figure out who I am.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 20th Oct, 2012

does no one have dpls on fb?

Sir Toire

Sir Toire said on the 20th Oct, 2012

Seriously, who is this "Teri"?

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 20th Oct, 2012

He's more of a mystery than liquidtopaz ever was. Someone start a DPLS stalk thread.

01seb

01seb said on the 20th Oct, 2012

AJ now hoping to have timetables out by Tuesday.

grattan said on the 20th Oct, 2012

FOUNDATION MEMBERSHIP CARD UPDATE

Thanks for your patience in waiting for the cards to be dispatched. Here is the latest.

*The First batch left yesterday (Friday October 19)
*The balance will leave Oztix on Monday/Tuesday
*By Wednesday you will have "You order is on it's way" email with an Australian Post tracking number
*If you don't have you card by Tuesday October 30, please check your tracking number via the Australia Post Website and then email Oztix if you can't locate the order.

We look forward to seeing you at Harvest 2012 and revealing other Foundation Membership benefits along the way

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 21st Oct, 2012

I imagine every post is Emma Watson related.

I'd hope so anyway.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 21st Oct, 2012

so there was a adelaide show but harvest starts in two/three weeks and no los campesinos show has been announced, classic maddah. My bet is it'll be last minute announcement at some tiny venue like jive.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 21st Oct, 2012

ps you keen for perks perri.

shazie said on the 21st Oct, 2012

How does everyone think DPLS is a guy and he only ever has avatars of girls but I have avatars of guys and everyone thinks I'm a girl?

Sir Toire

Sir Toire said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Just one girl.

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Some people thought I was a guy at first and my avatars have always been of females.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Or a lesbian with good taste re Aubrey

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 21st Oct, 2012

How does everyone think DPLS is a guy and he only ever has avatars of girls

Because that's what (internet forum) men do!

Jose Cuervo said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Because he wasnt asked out by a dude on my bday........YEAH TAKE THAT

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 21st Oct, 2012

STORY TIME STORY TIME STORY TIME

Jose Cuervo said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Well I only found out about this story on Friday night so I will leave that to shazie to tell.....

shazie said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Jose didn't remember this until I reminded him a couple nights ago, so I'll field this one:

There was this guy sitting near Jose, BC and I (only said hi to him at one point)

As he was leaving the pub he said to me, and I thought to the group in general

"so where are you going out to newtown after this?"

Me: "But we are out in Newtown"

Him: "No I mean where are you going to after this?"

Me: "Oh I think we're probably going to be staying here"

Him: "I'm asking you out"

Me: "oh... OHHHHHHHH."

Then it got a little awkward when I explained to him I have a girlfriend and that I'm gay with Jose already.

Jose Cuervo said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Jose Cuervo said on the 21st Oct, 2012

The swannies winning did help add to the atmosphere or something

Sir Toire

Sir Toire said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Appropriate for the thread!

As you were, gents...

tyler07 said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Jose has his own war on drugs happening. He thinks he can save everybody else by taking all of them himself.

My hero <3

Jose Cuervo said on the 21st Oct, 2012

I'm putting some real effort into this cause

01seb

01seb said on the 21st Oct, 2012

AJ saying Sigur Ros playing 8:30-10pm, Los Campesinos! playing 60mins early in the day and SSPU playing 60mins too.

tyler07 said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Pretty sure the Riverstage has a 10pm curfew so if Sigur Ros are playing that time slot then they'll be clashing with Beck... Could make for an interesting timetable then. If I see Sigur Ros I'm satisfied but I could pretty much happily see every band on the lineup. Too excited its only a month away!

01seb

01seb said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Yeah, looks like either Sigur Ros clashing with Beck, or Beck might possibly be playing before Sigur Ros but I think that's unlikely considering Beck is headlining the whole festival.

tyler07 said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Sigur Ros would surely have to be on the Riverstage... I wish AJ would just hurry the fuck up.

Oflick said on the 21st Oct, 2012

I asked AJ a while back whether Sigur Ros and Beck would clash and he said no.

Here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/iamnotshouting/status/232731993870323713

He could have changed his mind, or Beck could indeed be playing before Sigur Ros. It's not common, at least not in Australia, but a headlining act playing earlier than other bands isn't unheard of.

Maybe Beck'll get an extra ten minutes than Sigur Ros or something? Just to show that he's higher billed? I don't know, I think I've seen that before.

tyler07 said on the 21st Oct, 2012

Well Slayer were the metal headliners at SW'11 and played at like 5 in the arvo.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Beck play before Sigur Ros. I know Beck has been around for longer and what not, but I would've thought Sigur Ros were a big drawcard personally...

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 21st Oct, 2012

lc for an hour, fuq yeah. Will be easy to meet those guys also. Keen to meet another gareth.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 21st Oct, 2012

I suspect Sigur Ros will play the smaller stage and then Beck the larger stage like Flaming Lips and Portishead last year if they aren't clashing.

But then again AJ said that caused scheduling issues last year.

Timetables soon surely?

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 21st Oct, 2012

didn't the national and mogwai clash or something last year?

kaydee

kaydee said on the 21st Oct, 2012

There was crossover. We saw most of Mogwai's set before going to the main stage for The National.

Oflick said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

AJ said they were done but he couldn't release them straight away because he didn't know how to convert excel files to pdf. Then someone told him how to.

He hasn't mentioned them since.

01seb

01seb said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Timetables on Tuesday apparently.

01seb

01seb said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Timetables out any minute now says AJ.

Oflick said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Los Campesinos! will be put on the SSPU and Dandy Warhols sideshows. Pretty good combination, but if I lived in Adelaide or Perth I'd be a bit annoyed at the lack of a headline show and the last minute nature of it (tickets have been on sale for a while, etc.).

01seb

01seb said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

And Los Campesinos! are to be added to SSPU + Dandy's sideshows. Now that's a fucking tasty bill!

Edit: beaten to it...

Stefan Beck said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Fuck that noise.

I don't understand the logic at all.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Brisbane:

Sydney:

Melbourne:

01seb

01seb said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Timetables are out!

No big clashes for me except Santigold and Sigur Ros, but I'll obviously see Sigur Ros.

And Beck is playing before Sigur Ros on the main stage.

tyler07 said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Fuck that noise.

I don't understand the logic at all.

Hopefully Dandy Warhols headline in Perth, that way you can go and see LC! and SSPU and then leave and prevent ever having your evening tarnished!

Oflick said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Beck's playing before Sigur Ros and has a shorter set time. I didn't expect that. As a matter of fact, that timetable is all sorts of unexpected...ness.

I figured Mike Patton would headline the windmill stage. I also imagine Grizzly Bear and SSPU would play main. Also wouldn't have thought Beirut would be that high.

Whatever, aside from the Grizzly Bear and Beck part clash, it's an OK timetable.

Jose Cuervo said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

LC
Dandys
Silversuns
CAKE
BF5
Beck
Sigur Ros

im set

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Pretty good timetable, only bad clash for me is Chromatics Vs Ben Folds Five

tyler07 said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Brisbane:

FUCK! That is cutting that Sigur Ros and Santigold clash... I'm obviously obliged to see Sigur Ros but still, that fucking sucks.

Looks like my day will go something like River City Extension - Los Campesinos! - Dandys/Dark Horses/taking illicit substances - Silversun Pickups - The Black Angels - Chromatics/BF5 - Beck - Sigur Ros.

Ultra awesome looking day, but still, cut about that Sigur/Santi clash...

berlinchair101 said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Grizzly Bear/Beck clash sucks amazing amounts of cock.

Stefan Beck said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

I already thought Dandy Warhols and Silversun was a terrible match for a double bill but throwing LC! into the mix makes it even more of a clusterfuck.

Jose Cuervo said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

I know right...good thing beck is on at the same time instead

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Bring on the cardigan rage

Oflick said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

If I make it in time to see Los Campesinos!, I'd say my day will be:

Los Campesinos!
Dandy Warhols
SSPU
The rest of Mike Patton
Beirut
Either the first 45 minutes of Beck and all of Grizzly Bear, or all of Beck and the last half of Grizzly Bear
Sigur Ros

I honestly expected the main stage to be something like: Los Campesinos!->Santigold->Beirut->SSPU->Grizzly Bear->Beck->Sigur Ros.

Needless to say, I was way off.

tyler07 said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

As I missed last year's event in Brisbane, can anybody comment on what it was like getting between stages, etc?

Jose Cuervo said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Windmill and Big Tractor are fairly close to each other....lil bit of a walk to the riverstage though

nothign too bad though, never came across any bottle necks in the crowd or anything

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

War on Drugs, Dandy Warhols, Silversun, Cake, Chromatics, Beck, Santigold or Crazy P

There's a few annoying clashes. I'm a little annoyed at the Beck / Chromatic overlap and it sucks that I'm missing Grizzly Bear and Fuck Buttons but I'm seeing Silversun and Cake (when I don't care about them nearly as much). Grrrr!

Sir Toire

Sir Toire said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Sir Toire's imaginary day at Harvest:

The War On Drugs (though it would suck to miss LC!), Dexys, SSPU, Cake, Chromatics, Fuck Buttons, Sigur Ros.

bjw1

bjw1 said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

fuck your beck/grizzly bear clash problems. FUCK BUTTONS!

My day: Winter People --> War On Drugs --> Dexys --> Silversun Pickups --> Black Angels --> Ben Folds Five --> Fuck Buttons --> Sigur Ros.

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

fuck your beck/grizzly bear clash problems. FUCK BUTTONS!

Well yea, if it was just Grizzly Bear and Fuck Buttons then I'd choose Fuck Buttons in an instant.

But it's a cluster cardigan button fuck and all three clash and one of them happens to be Beck.

01seb

01seb said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

River City Extension, Los Campesinos!, Dandy Warhols, SSPU, Cake, Ben Folds, Grizzly Bear, Sigur Ros

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

I should probably listen to more Sigur Ros. I'm starting to think that missing Sigur Ros for Crazy Penis could be a bit of a wasted opportunity.

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

River City Extension - War On Drugs - Dandy Warhols - Silversun Pickups - The Black Angels - (last 45mins) Beirut - (first 45mins) Beck - Grizzly Bear - Sigur Ros...

the 5 bands I really wanted to see are Beck, Dandys, Black Angels, Grizzly Bear and Beirut and 4 of them clash, guts!

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

I look forward to a day of not being in Werribee and not having to deal with any clashes at all.

Jose Cuervo said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

You will spend the day putting shoes on old ladies instead

tyler07 said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Do not miss Sigur Ros. Just do not even think about it.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Nope, other job. Selling clothes to stingy cun[SIZE=2]ts.

Jose Cuervo said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

You know it would be a silly decision to miss sigur ros.....dont make it.....I will find you and make sure you are at sigur ros if need be

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Now one must start looking over setlist try predict what songs I'll miss. Hope Beck plays Loser and Devils Haircut early. On the last setlist they were songs 2 & 4 so I could be sweet.

Shit if I'm having these issues with Harvest I'm absolutely dreading the Soundwave timetable.

andy_chalmers_102

andy_chalmers_102 said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Looks like my day will go: War on Drugs > Dandy Warhols > Silversun Pickups > 45 minutes of Beirut > 45 minutes of Ben Folds Five > 45 minutes of Beck > Grizzly Bear > Sigur Ros

Hopefully I can find a ticket to the Grizzly Bear sideshow so I can catch all of Beck's set, but aside from that clash I'm pretty happy with the timetable.

Oflick said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Fuck Loser, Where it's At is still one of the last songs played. Still, right now it looks like I'll be missing the last half hour of Beck.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Extra tickets going onsale through the Handsome Tours newsletter this Wednesday at 12PM.

tyler07 said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

AJ is a cunt who should give me a Santigold sideshow in my gazebo.

That also gives me the option of fucking her after the show then, subsequently meeting all my needs.

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

haha, well, that's settled then. I had better watch Sigur Ros.

shazie said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Some painful clashes in there (most painful listed below) but I think my day will be something like this:

- Winter people
- Los campesinos!
- Dandy Warhols
- Silversex Sexups
- Remains of Mondo Cane
- Beirut
- Ben Folds 5 / Chromatics (why must you make me choose! Still can't figure this one out)
- beck/grizzly bear/fuck buttons (painful but will probably go beck then grizzly bear)

Then I'll probably head home.

By which I mean it'll be the next day and ill be forced to leave after waking up naked somehow in the middle of the field after having seen Sigur Ros (This all hinges on if I survive the first one with SSPU)

tyler07 said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Definitely leaning towards Chromatics over BF5 at this stage... But undecided at this time.

shazie said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Yeah, I mean I've seen Ben Folds multiple times and seen him play BF5 stuff, but damn it'd be awesome.

I'm leaning towards Chromatics because their 2012 release is amazing and I haven't seen them yet.

Still, I always flip flop on choices last minute (like when I made the choice that I wouldn't rape Jose..)

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

I'm going to lean all over Chromatics. And then the female vocalist and I are going to get married on top of a mountain.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

The Beck/ Grizzly Bear/ Fuck Buttons clash sucks big hairy dogs balls.
And I'll have to miss the end of Black Angels set for Beirut.

Might try for Grizzly Bear sideshow tickets on Wednesday.

Stugalug

Stugalug said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

My festival plans never go according to.......plan. As long as I see Beck and completely avoid Dandys, Cake & Ben Folds, I'll be happy.

tyler07 said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Chromatics as the sun sets will probably be absolutely wild. I'm sold.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

Hang on. You told me that you couldn't wait to see The Dandy Warhols and that you are going to go to Adelaide for the Dandys/ SSPU sideshow.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

beirut vs benny boy and beck vs grizzly bear, yet again aj maddah fucks it up and los campesinos at half past midday, not cool some of us will be hungover still.

anonymousguy90

anonymousguy90 said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

AJ said on twitter that Grizzly Bear, Beck and Sigur Ros were contracted to their respective time slots. He wanted to move Grizzly Bear around but the band were adamant about playing that 7.30 slot.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 22nd Oct, 2012

does harvest have autograph tents like sw does?

gumbuoy said on the 23rd Oct, 2012

I'm amazed that Cake are above Silversun Pickups...

01seb

01seb said on the 23rd Oct, 2012

I think they put SSPU on at that time to make sure the day flowed better. They will draw a crowd whilst Mondo Cane set up for 45mins on the main stage.

RocknrollHendo

RocknrollHendo said on the 23rd Oct, 2012

Cake are one of the oldest bands on the bill, they've been around since '91 and have platnium album releases in the US and I'd imagine a much larger following than Silversun Pickups. I thought they may have pushed for the 3rd to last act just behind Beck.

Oh and I'm definitely not a Cake fan and will be front center of the Black Angels crowd when they're playing.

There are 108 more comments. View them all