Image for All Tomorrow’s Parties announces Australian return

All Tomorrow’s Partiesannounces Australian return

After months of speculation All Tomorrow’s Parties has announced its return to Australia in February with My Bloody Valentine as headliner.

Four years since its inaugural events in Mt Buller, Sydney’s Cockatoo Island and Brisbane’s Riverstage, the festival will bring its sister event l I’ll Be Your Mirror – a series of artist curated music, film and art events taking place in cities worldwide – to Melbourne only. Co-curated by ATP themselves and The Drones, who have a longstanding relationship with the festival, the event will take place over two days at the Westgate Entertainment Centre and Grand Star Reception, Altona.

ATP ‘Ill Be Your Mirror’ lineup so far:

Saturday February 16th curated by ATP
My Bloody Valentine (1st Aus show since 1992)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor (1st ever Aus show)
Swans
The Dead C
HTRK
Thee Oh Sees
Sleepy Sun
Standish Carlyon
+ more to be confirmed

Sunday February 17th curated by The Drones
The Drones
Beasts Of Bourbon (original line-up)
Einstürzende Neubauten (1st Aus show since 1991)
Lost Animal
Harmony
Cam Butler & The Shadows Of Love
+ more to be confirmed

Event/Transport Information

The festival will take place on February 16 and 17 at the Westgate Entertainment Centre and Grand Star Receptions, two venues in one complex in Altona, just 13 kilometres away from Melbourne’s CBD. There will be two stages, a cinema, art exhibition and food court. The event starts at midday on Saturday and Sunday, running until late.

Tickets are $250 (plus booking fees) for a two-day pass, or $135 (plus booking fees) for a single day. Tickets on sale this Monday (August 13), 9am, from the ATP website. Pre-sale tickets are avaliable from the ATP website.

There will be a shuttle bus operating from Newport Station to the venue during festival opening hours. Buses will also be running from the CBD.

Social

Comments

Stugalug said on the 18th Jan, 2013

Gregg, I feel the same way about Chapel St.

Sydney Rd is too far over the other side of the city for me, so I don't really know it too well. I know people go there though. I spend my time in St Kilda, Richmond and Brunswick St area.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 18th Jan, 2013

I don't get the fuss over Chapel St. Coming from the north, it's too far away and has nothing really unique about it - to get there, I have to go past Brunswick St, Smith St, Richmond and the CBD - all places I'd much rather be.

Stugalug said on the 18th Jan, 2013

There are people who live in the South and East. Even the South East.

berlinchair101 said on the 18th Jan, 2013

I've never been. Is it the glitter/water ratio? Good aquariums sparkle.

The penguins are good, but it peaks to soon. And there something really atmosphere killing about seeing all these wonders of the ocean and then looking out the window to a very brown Yarra river.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 19th Jan, 2013

Those people aren't me. No one else matters.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 19th Jan, 2013

Yeah, the sudden overwhelming thirstiness really kills it for me too.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 22nd Jan, 2013

A community service announcement.

If you are travelling to ATP and were planning on booking accommodation in the city you might want to get on to that. Especially if you are wanting a not ridiculously expensive apartment. I have been watching them BOOK OUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES the last couple of days.

Also, I thought Gertrude Street was the new Brunswick Street?

Braveheart81 said on the 22nd Jan, 2013

Chapel St used to be better because a lot of the shops only existed on Chapel St.

Now you can find most of those brands in every Westfield shopping centre so Chapel St has nothing in particular that separates it from any other shopping precinct.

Stugalug said on the 22nd Jan, 2013

A community service announcement.

Also, I thought Gertrude Street was the new Brunswick Street?

Gertrude St, Brunswick St, Smith St, Johnson St etc is the same thing.

Stugalug said on the 22nd Jan, 2013

15% fashionable surcharge on Chapel St.

batdan

batdan said on the 22nd Jan, 2013

Stefan, Melbourne is great for street art hunting if you are into that.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 22nd Jan, 2013

The City of Yarra and the makers of street signs may disagree.

YES! [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/detour-melbourne-street-art/id480600047?mt=8"]This is a great app to get the hunt started, we spent a whole day street art hunting last year, had a blast.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 22nd Jan, 2013

Do you always crush ambition so callously?

Stugalug said on the 22nd Jan, 2013

Only when it's foolish. Foolish is mine! MINE!!!

grattan said on the 23rd Jan, 2013

Drones interview:
Is there anyone you tried and couldn’t get, for whatever reason? Name names!
Yeah. Jesus Lizard, Television, PiL, Modern Lovers, Lightning Bolt, Toumani Diabate, Jesus and Mary Chain, Low, Butthole Surfers, Latin Playboys, OFF!, Marc Ribot, Guy Clarke, Fugazi … the list goes on and the reasons why people couldn't make it vary pretty wildly. It’s a weird world.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 23rd Jan, 2013

Drones interview:
Is there anyone you tried and couldn’t get, for whatever reason? Name names!

Hot damn that would've been good

Oflick said on the 23rd Jan, 2013

I vaguely remember something about Butthole Surfers being banned from all ATP shows. Still, they would have been awesome.

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.thelmagazine.com/TheMeasure/archives/2009/09/03/all-tomorrows-parties-to-the-butthole-surfers-suck-my-balls

Stugalug said on the 23rd Jan, 2013

Why you not bold Jesus Lizard, Lightning Bolt & Low,...Ramone?

Stugalug said on the 23rd Jan, 2013

Yeah, good.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 23rd Jan, 2013

You have far too much time on your hands

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 23rd Jan, 2013

So what's the deal with Fug? I thought they had broken up. Are they doing tours?

kaydee

kaydee said on the 23rd Jan, 2013

Nah they're not touring. Still on their 'indefinite hiatus', I was surprised to see them on that list actually. Ian MacKaye does his stuff with The Evens, Joe Lally does his solo thing, not sure about the other guys. It pains me to say this but I don't think we'll see them play together again. :(

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 23rd Jan, 2013

BUT WE NEED TO BELIEVE!

Also, holy shit did not see that CIVIL CIVIC are playing, you guys are so fucking lucky.
If you haven't listened to them yet, get into it. Rules is one of my favourite albums.

And before you ask, yes, the album is also that good.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 24th Jan, 2013

BUT WE NEED TO BELIEVE!

I'M A BELIEBER!

Oh. Wait...

Stugalug said on the 24th Jan, 2013

I'M A BELIEBER!

Oh. Wait...

I knew it!

Stugalug said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Ticket received, now where is the timetable?! I've got a buck's party on the Saturday, so I need to sort out my availability.

Nosyt

Nosyt said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Selling my 2 day pass for $170 if anyone is interested, I can't budget for shit.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 7th Feb, 2013

If you chose a buck's party ahead of any of those bands on the Saturday line up I will never speak to you again.

grattan said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Hey you want to buy my 2-day ticket, right? Of course you do!

PM offers.

berlinchair101 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Good luck. I haven't been able to sell mine either :(

Stugalug said on the 7th Feb, 2013

One of my best mates so I've got to attend a portion of it. I need a timetable stat.

Oflick said on the 7th Feb, 2013

What's with everyone rushing to sell their tickets?

Braveheart81 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

If you still haven't sold it by Wednesday or Thursday next week I'm happy to take it to Melbourne with me and see if I can sell it at the door.

Obviously wouldn't make any promises but if you've reached the point where you've given up on selling it, it's probably worth a shot.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 7th Feb, 2013

I'm assuming a lot of people bought tickets because of the awesome lineup and then realised that they didn't have enough cash/not possible to do.

berlinchair101 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Thanks man. My ticket is at the box office so I'd need to change the name and everything. It's a bit of a hassle, tbh.
Thanks for the offer though!

Braveheart81 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

berlinchair decided that Western Europe was more appealing than the western suburbs of Melbourne.

Oflick said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Yeah, that's what I figured. But three posts pretty much in a row made me wonder if there was something else I didn't know about (like if a band dropped out or something).

Jaaaaaccckk

Jaaaaaccckk said on the 7th Feb, 2013

I'm pretty sure the timetable is meant to be released today. Still waiting on my ticket though.

Demosthenes

Demosthenes said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Haven't heard of any bands dropping out. Last I heard it was pretty much a sell-out affair (the Saturday at least).

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 7th Feb, 2013

To be fair, getting stabbed is more appealing than the Western Suburbs. And now, thanks to ATP being in Altona, you'll get a chance to find out which you prefer!

Braveheart81 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Mate. You find me another venue where I can watch noise/post/whatever rock, play indoor soccer and go indoor rock climbing all in the one place.

I didn't think so.

See you at ATP. I'll be the guy wearing the bullet proof vest.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Wait. There's indoor rock climbing at ATP? Awesome. Better remember not to wear a dress.

Braveheart81 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

I don't think it will actually be open, but I'm pretty sure there is a facility for it there.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 7th Feb, 2013

I live in the western suburbs and have never been robbed or stabbed. T__T

Stefan Beck said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Perri, since you never answered my question about sleeping at your house I just assumed the answer was yes. So I'll be arriving next Tuesday and leaving the following Tuesday.

I like contemporary adult radio in the morning and easy listening at night. Please cut the crusts off my sandwiches for me. And finally, I'm okay with sharing a bed but I must stress that we sleep ass-to-ass.

ThatDude123 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Knowing the type of awesome shit ATP does, it may well be open.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 7th Feb, 2013

when was this asked!?!

I always sleep ass to ass when another is in my bed. I'm the anti-spoon.

Jaaaaaccckk

Jaaaaaccckk said on the 7th Feb, 2013

There's the schedule, so very ready for two hours of Godspeed.

ThatDude123 said on the 7th Feb, 2013

There is a disco, a screening of There Will Be Blood AND a mixtape trade. this will be the best festival ever.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Drones cut 15 minutes into Harmony, BOOOOOOOOOOO

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 7th Feb, 2013

There will be blood is dano's worst

Jamezwm

Jamezwm said on the 7th Feb, 2013

Hey you want to buy my 2-day ticket, right? Of course you do!

PM offers.

Why the fuck aren't you going now? I seem to have a knack to track you down at festivals when I'm totally off chops

Jamezwm

Jamezwm said on the 7th Feb, 2013

you attending son? good stuff

grattan said on the 7th Feb, 2013

A drongo mate has decided to get married on ATP weekend forcing me to hire a tux and engage in a day of small talk rather than going to ATP. Not his wisest decision - i will hold him in contempt until his dying days.

Meanwhile... someone needs to buy my ticket off me. C'mon FL crew ease my (financial) pain.

Jamezwm

Jamezwm said on the 7th Feb, 2013

so many people are trying to sell their tickets and they're not having any luck.. you may have to cut your losses

grattan said on the 7th Feb, 2013

I know. And that just fuels my anger.

Seriously though if anyone's looking for a 2-day ticket - hit me up with an offer. I'm not just a punter who bought a ticket and then decided he couldn't be bothered going to Altona - I've been brutalized by a religious ceremony that really has no reason for existing. (Bloody weddings, grrrr)

Jamezwm

Jamezwm said on the 7th Feb, 2013

I share the same sentiment about weddings. Sadly my ex-girfriend does not.

Braveheart81 said on the 10th Feb, 2013

I'm still waiting for my ticket to arrive. Hopefully it comes today so I can pick it up tomorrow from the Post Office!

kaydee

kaydee said on the 10th Feb, 2013

Mine arrived on Friday I think. Got a card to collect from the PO and I assume that's what it must be.

Unless it's a summons or something. :eek:

Demosthenes

Demosthenes said on the 12th Feb, 2013

One Godspeed down four to go.

Nosyt

Nosyt said on the 12th Feb, 2013

Weekend pass now $125 if anyone's interested

Jamezwm

Jamezwm said on the 12th Feb, 2013

Where was the first one?

I'm guessing you'll be at the Sydney show?

After this weekend I'd have seen them five times. You still win

Demosthenes

Demosthenes said on the 12th Feb, 2013

Where was the first one?

I'm guessing you'll be at the Sydney show?

After this weekend I'd have seen them five times. You still win

I'm up to six now. I went to Wellington and saw them at the Hunter Lounge. Much more intimate than any of the UK shows and totally worth the trip (also caught up with some friends which was a bonus). I ended up wedged under one of the guitarist's elbows.

Compulsory showing off: https://plus.google.com/u/0/103186198215875624934/posts/7bhUr96dQcE and https://plus.google.com/u/0/103186198215875624934/posts/HrvZGkkUdpW

I think I get into Sydney about 3pm on Thursday.

Stefan Beck said on the 12th Feb, 2013

As of last night I've seen them...once.

But it was a pretty good one.

I liked the song with the burning projection.

Demosthenes

Demosthenes said on the 12th Feb, 2013

As of last night I've seen them...once.

But it was a pretty good one.

I liked the song with the burning projection.

Chart #3 - World Police + Friendly Fire. The percussion at the end of that is *goosebumps*. It's a section out of Static on Lift Your Skinny Fists...

kaydee

kaydee said on the 13th Feb, 2013

Saturday ticket for sale if anyone is interested. Price negotiable.

grattan said on the 13th Feb, 2013

ATTENTION MELBOURNE FOLKS AND ANYONE GOING TO THE ALL TOMORROW'S PARTIES FESTIVAL IN ALTONA THIS WEEKEND:

If you have already got your physical tickets or are picking up at the venue and wish to speed your entry at the weekend, ATP staff will be doing early wristbanding on Thursday February 14th and Friday February 15th at Title, 183 Gertrude St, Fitzroy VIC 3065 from 3pm– 7pm.

Please bring your tickets, ID and booking reference information. If you chose Willcall collection for your ticket order, please just bring your ID and booking reference information.

Jamezwm

Jamezwm said on the 13th Feb, 2013

BO SELECTA! I'm staying in Fitrizzle so this is great

Demosthenes

Demosthenes said on the 13th Feb, 2013

Holy crap last night was amazing. Bass up the wazoo. The start of Behemoth was like getting belted with 4x2.

Jamezwm

Jamezwm said on the 13th Feb, 2013

You in Sydney tonight bugalugs?

MorningAfterboy said on the 14th Feb, 2013

Swans last night was out-fucking-standing. Possibly the best thing I've seen so far this year. You guys have no idea what you're in store for at ATP!

Braveheart81 said on the 14th Feb, 2013

I wish Gman was still around so I can say:

Michael Gira > Michael Cera

Demosthenes

Demosthenes said on the 14th Feb, 2013

Just arrived in teh citeh.

grattan said on the 14th Feb, 2013

From ATP:
There will be a sneaky allocation of 50 two day passes to All Tomorrow's Parties I'll Be Your Mirror Melbourne for you lucky Melbourne folk available from Title, 183 Gertrude Street, Melbourne tomorrow 15th Feb from 10am. There are a handful of tix for the Sunday left too.

Because there simply aren't enough tickets on sale already...

PS. Someone buy my ticket!

kaydee

kaydee said on the 14th Feb, 2013

This is tomorrow! TOMORROW!!!!!!

Braveheart81 said on the 18th Feb, 2013

So... The Drones played close to the best festival set I've ever seen.

Sad River of Tears was unforgettable.

MorningAfterboy said on the 18th Feb, 2013

Such a great cover. I cannot wait for their tour.

shazie said on the 18th Feb, 2013

I love how no one who went to ATP (except BH posting that quick comment and me posting this) has posted on here yet. Jose was barely alive when we were on the plane back to Sydney.

Jose Cuervo said on the 18th Feb, 2013

I slept for 12 hours and im still barely alive....

berlinchair101 said on the 18th Feb, 2013

Jose now exists in another dimension.

Jose Cuervo said on the 18th Feb, 2013

Wait what do you mean now

berlinchair101 said on the 18th Feb, 2013

Another, another dimension.

Jamezwm

Jamezwm said on the 19th Feb, 2013

Best weekend ever. I had 3 wanks yesterday when I got home.

Jamezwm

Jamezwm said on the 19th Feb, 2013

I worked out I had about 15 hours sleep over 4 nights. Wonder what Jose had

kaydee

kaydee said on the 19th Feb, 2013

I am still processing all of the feelings that Swans and Godspeed and MBV gave me. I think I have been changed forever.

Demosthenes

Demosthenes said on the 20th Feb, 2013

Still recovering. My fucking feet.

Braveheart81 said on the 20th Feb, 2013

Booo to Demos who didn't reply to my text message and thus remained in hiding.

Stugalug said on the 20th Feb, 2013

Boo to Braveheart who wasn't even at ATP.

Braveheart81 said on the 20th Feb, 2013

I don't know how I didn't see you all weekend. I knew you were there and was looking out for you but didn't see you.

Demosthenes

Demosthenes said on the 20th Feb, 2013

Yeah, I didn't get it till after MBV (stupid terrible reception) and I was totally shattered at that point. No way I was going anywhere except a bed.

Braveheart81 said on the 20th Feb, 2013

Fair enough.

I probably walked past you a dozen times during the festival. If only I knew what you looked like!

Stugalug said on the 21st Feb, 2013

You weren't there. That's how.

Everytime I saw Jose or Ramone I would ask if you were about, and they would say you were just with them. Right after Pere Ubu for instance.

Braveheart81 said on the 21st Feb, 2013

You weren't there. That's how.

D'oh!

I spent a fair amountt of my time at the festival hanging out with jamezwm.

Demosthenes

Demosthenes said on the 21st Feb, 2013

D'oh!

I spent a fair amountt of my time at the festival hanging out with jamezwm.

I didn't even see jamezwm and we've met before. I spotted heaps of Brisbane musos tho -- it was like a who's who of the local scene.

Demosthenes

Demosthenes said on the 21st Feb, 2013

I wrote some pretentious waffle about Godspeed.

Now I shall jump on a plane and go stalk stupid fat hobbits at the Oscars.

There are 182 more comments. View them all