Image for The Hives, Two Door Cinema Club, Django Django and more added to Falls and Southbound

The Hives, Two Door CinemaClub, Django Django and moreadded to Falls and Southbound

Hopefully you didn’t forget to put your name in the draw for the Falls Festival’s ticket ballot. Entry is now closed and the lucky punters will receive their passes to buy tickets from tomorrow.

Adding to the excitement and the already impressive lineup, which already includes The Flaming Lips, Hot Chip, SBTRKT and the Vaccines, another bunch of great acts has just been announced for Lorne, Marion Bay and Southbound.

Falls and Southbound festival lineup – third round additions:

Angus Stone
Ash Grunwald
Ball Park Music
Cosmo Jarvis
Django Django
Jinja Safari
Lisa Mitchell
Matt Corby
Sharon Van Etten
The Hives
Two Door Cinema Club
Willis Earl Beal (Lorne only)

Previously announced acts:
The Flaming Lips
Beach House
Best Coast
SBTRKT
The Vaccines
Boy and Bear
Coolio
Sampology Presents a Falls Anniversary AV Show (Falls only)
Bombay Bicycle Club

4th – 5th Januar, Busselton
Tickets on sale 9m Monday 20th August

Social

Comments

tauiwi

tauiwi said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Headliners are likely Flaming Lips and TDCC (they announced this on fb)

Still feel this is missing another few massive names.
*cough* FRANZ *cough*

redman300_bulldogs

redman300_bulldogs said on the 6th Aug, 2012

I approve of this lineup. I do not care what others think. Fuck you All

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Pretty sure most people around here rate this line up.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Yep, the only problem is how recently the lions share of the acts have been to Australia...

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 6th Aug, 2012

this line up is fucking awesome. already trumps last year in terms of the mid acts.

crob said on the 6th Aug, 2012

fuck this is becoming a good lineup

Braveheart81 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

I think Falls Festival has an advantage in that the festival itself is very popular and as long as they put together a good festival lineup then it doesn't matter too much how recently bands have been to Australia.

Whilst many of these acts have toured recently, they also have a good selection of bands that are renowned as great live/festival acts.

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 6th Aug, 2012

I agree both with the comments regarding the high quality of the mid level bands & that yeah a larger headliner is missing. Franz would probably scrape through as this though i dont think they have not contributed anything new really since they last did falls. Regardless I will attend if I'm not broke after North America

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Aw shit, now I really want to go. Bye-bye to the rest of my bank account...

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Do people really not think Flips are a large enough headliner for Falls?

I know they are hardly strangers to the country but I think they are just as big, if not bigger than recent falls headliners.

crob said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Do people really not think Flips are a large enough headliner for Falls?

completely agree... IMO this is looking the best line-up they have had since 2008

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Do people really not think Flips are a large enough headliner for Falls?

Don't get me wrong I'm happy with them headlining NYE. I just don't think anyone else is really big enough to headline any other nights yet. I think arctic monkeys were bigger but yeah Definatly bigger than Joan jet & Franz maybe about level with yeah yeah yeahs & fleet foxes imo but that's only cause I have seen them 3 times in a couple of years

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

The Hives would be great for bringing in the new year if it didn't mean the rest of 2013 would pale in comparison.

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Ah yes I too would consider hives headline worthy. And NYE with them would be the best! Pelle would do a memorable count down too, unlike the poor effort from Joan Jett.
But not sure if 30 thousand would agree on headline material

ThatDude123 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Even if the one act I wanted to get announced didn't get announced, this is going to be one awesome Southbound Festival, oh yes.

Brown_Sugar

Brown_Sugar said on the 6th Aug, 2012

fuck yeah. this is the fucking best. fuckers

Andeh

Andeh said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Finally a SVE tour. Really excited.

Flips are surely a big enough headliner. Are 2dcc? surely hilltop hoods or boy and bear would rank above them? Maybe coolio (although he is there mainly as a novelty)

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Lol really? Hill tops don't even headline groovin the moo & play everything likewise to boy & bear (whom I don't mind unlike hill tops) coolio will play the late arvo slot like public enemy did 2010. 2dcc bigger than these bands but still not a headliner really

Faris

Faris said on the 6th Aug, 2012

sideshows for Hives PLEASE

Andeh

Andeh said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Also; we have so many festivals, all competiting for acts in roughly the same genre. It makes sense that there are alot repeating - if an act knows they can pull a crowd in aus they will want to tour, and will seem like an attractive prospect to promotors. Especially for UK bands with little US pulling power, or US bands with little UK pulling power. At least we aren't seeing the same acts year after year on the same festival, like a certain dance festival is guilty of (while selling a bajillion tickets, and having an almost comically big lineup [so maybe a repeat in acts isn't the worst thing in the world])

Andeh

Andeh said on the 6th Aug, 2012

oh right. hives are obv the other headliner

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 6th Aug, 2012

i don't understand why people complain about acts who return frequently. it's a good thing. i'd be stoked if i didn't have to wait over 2 year periods for a bands i loved to return.

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Exactly^. And sometimes I can't make it to a band's show when they tour, or there might be an unfortunate clash at a festival when they play.

tissue

tissue said on the 6th Aug, 2012

sweet! maximo park already sealed the decision of going for me but now the hives!!! since they closed out the new year in 2008/09 in tassie, maybe they'll be given the lorne new years spot this time? i'm not sure how big they are since i'm jaded by the fact they're my favourite band.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 6th Aug, 2012

would have loved to have seen the hives, but i didn't fancy splendour and their sidey clashed with foster the people, will see them this time.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 6th Aug, 2012

as long as they don't clash with my beloved bombay bicycle club.

Andeh

Andeh said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Hives aren't massive, but will always be a great live draw.

Rocky Dennis

Rocky Dennis said on the 6th Aug, 2012

some great little nuggets in this release! going to sell out quick again this year i reckon...

andy_chalmers_102

andy_chalmers_102 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

This line-up is looking great so far. Definitely considering heading along.

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Problem is most the bands I love are in that category of not coming often! But yeah I agree and am certainly not complaining. Just saying if arcade fire & arctic monkeys played the same night, I would see arcade fire despite arctic monkeys being probably my favourate band. I have seem them already this year

What a dilemma to have though!

Oflick said on the 6th Aug, 2012

If Arcade Fire and Arcitc Monkeys play the same festival and clash, the promoter doesn't know what they're doing.

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 6th Aug, 2012

I meant side shows brov & it's a hypothetical & I know it would never happen everrr

Oflick said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Yeah I know, but this hypothetical situation had some hypothetical people who had to be hypothetically told off.

Hypothetically hypothetical.

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Haha fair point, next time il come up with a more realistic hypothetical involving experienced promoters

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

THE HIVES!!!!!

Hope they end up on the Field Day lineup with Hot Chip, SBTRKT, TEED and Flips.

Otherwise my wallet/bank account is going to be super empty pretty soon...

Jimmyopendoors

Jimmyopendoors said on the 6th Aug, 2012

sooooo disclosure are doing nz over new years. disclousure,sbtrkt and t.e.e.d on field day or summafieldayze please! i need this!

Quicky

Quicky said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Hives and Two Door Cinema Club sideshows please.

tyler07 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

It's a bit fucked up to think that Soundwave, Summafieldayze/Field Day/Whatever, and Future music lineups are all still to come...

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 7th Aug, 2012

I wish Field Day lineup would announce already so I knew whether or not to buy a Falls ticket

tissue

tissue said on the 21st Aug, 2012

from http://www.southboundfestival.com.au/blog/whos-playing-friday-and-saturday
this should be helpful for anyone planning on buying single day passes to southbound.

friday:

lisa mitchell
maximo park
totally enormous extinct dinosaurs
two door cinema club

tissue

tissue said on the 7th Sep, 2012

Splendour people now involved with Falls Fest.

FALLS’ NEW PARTNERSHIP
September 6, 2012
Two of our leading ladies from the Falls management team are leaving to spend time with their young families and soon to be new babies! We’re very excited for them both, as we are with the delightful announcement of our new team members. Stepping into their roles and partnering with Simon Daly in The Falls Music & Arts Festival are Jessica Ducrou and Paul Piticco from Splendour in the Grass! We can confirm that there are no changes planned for either festival, other than the aforementioned and we’re really looking forward to working together.

“We love The Falls Music & Arts Festival; it’s a remarkable event that we’re thrilled to be a part of. We look forward to working with Simon and his team nurturing and continuing the great Falls tradition” Jessica Ducrou and Paul Piticco, Co-Producers of Splendour in the Grass.

“The Falls Music & Arts Festival goes from strength to strength every year. I couldn’t think of a better team to join us in Jess and Paul as we continue this tradition for many years to come”. Simon Daly, Festival Founder

Happy days!

Stefan Beck said on the 7th Sep, 2012

Flaming Lips, SBTRKT, Hot Chip and the Hives should make for a pretty nice Friday.

ThatDude123 said on the 7th Sep, 2012

You definitely going, Becks? If so, get a camper and hang with me so we can play pictionary at 3am

Stefan Beck said on the 7th Sep, 2012

Do you really want to throw down in Pictionary with an art school drop-out?

ThatDude123 said on the 7th Sep, 2012

Only so I can later challenge you to charades. Drama club 4 lyf.

grattan said on the 9th Oct, 2012

Falls on FB - We'll have a little more line-up out for you tomorrow, cue awkward happy dance.

Oflick said on the 9th Oct, 2012

So some more Falls and Future are being announced tomorrow?

So my bet's on Future causing more exciemtent, and Falls causing more... goodness.

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 10th Oct, 2012

Some excellent small acts announced for Falls here, I am really excited for new years this year!

Time to see Loon Lake for my 400th time