Splendour in the Grass 2012timetable

The Splendour in the Grass timetable for 2012 is finally here: from the first band on Friday all the way through to the headline set from the Smashing Pumpkins on the Sunday night.

Check out the Splendour in the Grass 2012 timetable

Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Friday forces a few difficult decisions if you’re hoping for a front of stage position for the likes of Jack White, At The Drive-In, The Shins, Explosions In The Sky, and The Afghan Whigs. On Saturday you can catch sets from Bloc Party, Lana Del Rey, Miike Snow, Dirty Three, Tame Impala, and Mudhoney before bring the weekend to a close with the Smashing Pumpkins, The Kooks, Gossip, Azealia Banks, and a set of Dylan covers from Kav Temperley, Kevin Mitchell, Holly Throsby, Patience Hodgson and “an array of surprise Splendour guests”.

Want to know what the headliners will be playing? Check out our Splendour live preview with set-lists and videos!

Check out all the amazing backstage photos taken in 2010 and 2011 as part of FL’s Splendour In The Grass Studio with photographer Daniel Boud :

Social

Comments

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

go fuck a goat.

RAMONESelaar said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

One step ahead of you.

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

Ooh, which ones? I just go home from work so I'm ever so slowly getting through all of my email notifications.

Jose Cuervo said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

I intend on creeping on Liquidtopaz irl.....lets hope this shit works

Sir Toire

Sir Toire said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

Internet optimism in a nutshell.

Good luck, bru!

MorningAfterboy said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

Wait, wait, wait... liquidtopaz is a girl?

Jose Cuervo said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

Well I will have a glorious unicorn outfit which should get all the bitchez wet

*Beaner wrestler not included

Jose Cuervo said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

something something Shazie something

tyler07 said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

A girl?! On FL?!?

Well, I just plain don't know what to think anymore.

Sir Toire

Sir Toire said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

I fear for Liquid's life.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

i'll give her some liquid topaz eyes.

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

I just got home and I've had this song in my head all night

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

If they're selling unicorn onesies at Splendour I will legit buy one.

Jose Cuervo said on the 23rd Jul, 2012

NoFX and then another unicorn

tyler07 said on the 25th Jul, 2012

So is there going to be some sort of FL meet-up at some stage inside Splendour on Friday?

Possibly inside liquidtopaz?

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 25th Jul, 2012

Everyone will be coming!

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 25th Jul, 2012

Bureau of Meteorology weather forecaster Michael Logan says it's "good news".

"The showers that have been coming in for most of this week look like clearing for the festival. By the time we get through to Friday a fair bit of sunshine is starting to return and that's because the winds will have gone around to the west, so temperatures will be up to a maximum of 19 on the Friday and that sets us up for quite a reasonable outlook for the whole weekend."

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 25th Jul, 2012

Oh god.

This is probably the last time I'll be online before I head off to QLD. So if you never hear from me again it's probably safe to assume that Jose found me at Splendour.

tyler07 said on the 28th Jul, 2012

So yesterday was really awesome. Caught sets from Jack White, ATD-I, The Shins, Spiderbait, Big Scary, Alison Wonderland, and bits and pieces of DZ Deathrays, Howler, and a few other bands.

Enjoyed everything I saw but ATD-I were mental, and there are no words to describe how incredible Jack White is. Just, wow.

MorningAfterboy said on the 28th Jul, 2012

Alison Wonderand is babia majora.

Quicky

Quicky said on the 28th Jul, 2012

My supposed timetable if I was going:

Friday: Kingswood, Pond, Youth Lagoon, Big Scary, Howler, Spiderbait, The Shins, ATD-I, Explosions In The Sky

Saturday: Bleeding Knees Club, The Cast Of Cheers, Last Dinosaurs, Friends, Band Of Skulls, Ladyhawke, Tame Impala, Miike Snow, Bloc Party

Sunday: Parachute Youth, The Medics, Husky, Father John Misty, Fun. , Metric, Wolfmother, Azealia Banks, Gossip

Nothing against the Kooks and the Smashing Pumpkins musically but equally shit acts live.

MorningAfterboy said on the 28th Jul, 2012

Everything against the Kooks. Fuck that band.

tyler07 said on the 28th Jul, 2012

Ya goddamn right. Such an entertaining set, too. I normally don't really dig dj's and things but she was awesome. Highlight was a mash-up of Yeezy's Gold Digger into Snoop's Drop It Like It's Hot and then 'Jump Around'. Dopeeee.

gumbuoy said on the 28th Jul, 2012

Anything into Jump Around = a dj's go-to move. Never fails.

tyler07 said on the 28th Jul, 2012

Haha, I definitely agree. She drew a big crowd too and played some cool jams. Also really cool to see a DJ leaning away from dubstep, etc.

MorningAfterboy said on the 29th Jul, 2012

Yeah, I've seen her as part of the Sosueme DJs and it was a lot of fun.

tyler07 said on the 29th Jul, 2012

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 29th Jul, 2012

Wonder if that will feature in FL's "Best shots of Splendour 2012"

tyler07 said on the 29th Jul, 2012

Definitely in the 'Best Box-Shots of 2012'.

tyler07 said on the 29th Jul, 2012

Azealia Banks stormed off stage after only 25 minutes. Sounds fucked.

Stefan Beck said on the 29th Jul, 2012

And the 2012 "Ashcroft" award goes to...

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 29th Jul, 2012

Zan Rowe just said that it seemed like thats all she intended to do.

but she did say "here's the one you're all here for" and then did 212 so maybe shes sick of people only wanting to hear only 1 song. but she seemed like a decent enough person in interviews not to be like that.

Quicky

Quicky said on the 29th Jul, 2012

At Coachella she only did a 25 minute set. Hasn't really got anything of a live show yet from what I assume.

tyler07 said on the 29th Jul, 2012

From early reviews it sounds like she had sound issues for the full duration of the set and that is why she finished early. What a shame, I would have been devo if I'd been there.

Braveheart81 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

The Band of Skulls sideshow at The Factory Theatre on Friday night was great.

I thought they were really tight and they built the set up nicely. The crowd got into it more and more as the night went on.

berlinchair101 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I've found their songs improve a lot more on stage. They were great at OAF the first time they came out.

tyler07 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

This is probably a stupid question, but did Azealia do any sideshows? I don't remember seeing her doing any.

Could she be an act that might be returning for Harvest/Laneway/something?

Braveheart81 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

You'd think she would wait until next year when she has an album out.

Considering she hasn't released an album yet, the 25 minute sets are probably all she has.

Jose Cuervo said on the 30th Jul, 2012

What a cray weekend. So busy and so wipedout. Hightlights were def Atdi, father john misty and band of skulls.

I finally met Tyler core, but no mosh off occured

Braveheart81 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I finally met Tyler core, but no mosh off occured

Presumably because it was too cold for mosh shorts.

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 30th Jul, 2012

The 25-minute Coachella set was only because her DJ accidentally skipped 2 songs, mind.

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Azealia's sound issues weren't anything major. Sound cut out during the intro to Jumanji, during the dance break and briefly during another song. Didn't last any longer than a minute at the most - nowhere near as bad as the Metric problem.

As for the length of her set, it was clearly intentional that she left so early. She introduced 212, played it brilliantly and left happily. No storming off or anything.

nos235

nos235 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

My supposed timetable if I was going:

Pumpkins are great live

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 30th Jul, 2012

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Their 2010 tour was fucking abysmal but last night was much better than expected. Very glad Billy rethought his plan to play Oceania in full.

MorningAfterboy said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I wouldn't have missed Gossip for all the vampires set to drain in the world. Really hope they come back and tour properly soon.

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Yeah I was disappointed to have to choose between the two, but I know Pumpkins stuff better and was kinda hoping for it to be a hilarious trainwreck. A surprisingly good set was a decent enough compromise though and I finally got to see them play 1979 and Today.

nos235

nos235 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I've seen them play four times and each time they've been great. 2010 was a great show (in Adelaide), I know when the played V festival some people complained about the 15 minute rendition of Set the Controls to the heart of the sun - but as a Pink Floyd fan I liked that too.

I don't think any band is always perfect live. In fact I would rate one of PJ Harvey's performances as in my top 10 ever and one of her's in my bottom 10 ever.

nos235

nos235 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

The main problem with the 2010 show was the bloated setlist, crap encore (acoustic cover of Landslides and 25 minute rendition of Gossamer) and Billy's douchetastic banter - "I wanna thank me for still giving a shit. I wanna thank me for still writing great music."

Last night, however, they cut a lot of the bullshit and played a classics heavy set, with a few choice cuts from Oceania. Much better decision, although I personally would've also liked Song For A Son and/or Tarantula.

MorningAfterboy said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Woah, you wanted Song For A Son? That was a piece of shit.

Braveheart81 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

It really resonates with Ramoneselaar because he's a son.

01seb

01seb said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Fuck me, Miike Snow were amazing. Best festival set I've seen this year. I'm hoping they come back for a full tour again next year.

MorningAfterboy said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I'm working on your track, Song For A Dad.

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

It was actually one of the highlights of the 2010 show, was only half as shit as the studio version.

Braveheart81 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I'm working on Quicky's Mum so the song title can be correct.

grattan said on the 30th Jul, 2012

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

So berlinchair did make it to Splendour!

berlinchair101 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Guess which one is me.

Hint: I'm the gronk who can't see straight.

berlinchair101 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

It reps me love of me brah Jesus n how we is one in the surf.

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

It's done in some Japanese style because I fucken love that sushi shit and Skylines

Quicky

Quicky said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I mean I would see SP and Kooks again live if I didn't have to pay so much but I would of much rather seen Azealia Banks and Gossip to be honest.

Who saw The Cast Of Cheers and Friends? I heard mixed things about Friends and good things about the Cast Of Cheers...

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Azealia Banks didn't clash with Pumpkins at all, even less so with her finishing early.

Saw a bit of The Cast Of Cheers, nothing really to write home about.

Quicky

Quicky said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Pumpkins are great live

Not all of us have seen them four times so I can differentiate but based off the one performance I've seen of them in 2010, the setlist was terrible. Definitely one of the worst shows I have ever been to.

berlinchair101 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Pumpkins were average both times I saw them in 08.

A fairly top set list though. He played Behold! The Nightmare and it was the tits.

Sir Toire

Sir Toire said on the 30th Jul, 2012

What happened?

I have heard Zero good puns about this band since 1979.

I'm so sorry.

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

During the third last song they lost power for about 5 minutes.

berlinchair101 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I have heard Zero good puns about this band since 1979.

That was as average as said Pumpkins.

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

That second one was really crap. Sir Toire, I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

01seb

01seb said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I thought the first half of Metric's set was pretty great, even if the crowd was dead. But when they came back on it probably wasn't the best idea to finish with 2 album tracks from Fantasies rather than a couple of more hits.

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Seemed like they were going through the motions for most of it.

Hinee

Hinee said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I only watched three songs from the pumpkins but they were ripping shit up. I then headed to Gossip and boogied more than I had for the whole rest of the festival combined.

Sir Toire

Sir Toire said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I'm surprised you even at least tolerated the first one.

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Metric were good but I was hoping to hear a lot more from Fantasies, and Black Sheep.

The Kooks were fucking amazing.

tyler07 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

To further Grattan's well-made point above, there were alot of the douchey kind at Splendour.

I mean, the crowd were noticeably less bogan than say a Future music, but fuck, I don't really know what I was expecting but there were alot of douches.

01seb

01seb said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Was a lot more of a douchey crowd than at Woodford tbh

01seb

01seb said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Bloc Party were great. I'm not a massive fan but I enjoyed the set a lot because they played basically all the hits and seemed very emotional and overwhelmed. And the first song, which was a new one, sounded pretty damn awesome.

Sarcasm - I saw you had the Jack White JJJ recording, any chance of the Miike Snow one?

tyler07 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Did anybody see The Afghan Whigs at Splendour? Their setlist on setlist.fm reports them playing a cover of Frank Ocean's 'Lovecrimes'. Can anybody confirm/deny this?

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Hey does anyone know what happened with that FL Splendour Afterparty on Saturday? Was hoping to meet some FL forumers, but by the time we got there after Bloc Party around 1:00 they were closing up and the security guards had no idea what I was talking about :/

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 30th Jul, 2012

nah didnt' unfortunately. some hot russian chick was playing badminton at the olympics and i got distracted. but i should have Ball park music and Metric up later tonight.

Hinee

Hinee said on the 30th Jul, 2012

definitely. i don't know if it was just the mud and people were generally more irritated, but so many cunce!

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

More annoying drunk underagers than douches IMO.

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Waaaaaaaay too many festival douches. Better than BDO crowd, but not by much.

Jose Cuervo said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I didnt have too much of a problem with the crowd tbh

gumbuoy said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Yeah, I'm not sure which shows you guys saw, but I saw them at the Tivoli show in 10, and it was great. Mostly hits, some less well known stuff that went down well. It was pretty much identical to last night's set, except at the Tiv the drummer got a bit more of a chance to shine.

I think you'll find we've covered all the SP puns over at [URL="http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=37929"]the thread about Darcy being arrested.

When the police came to arrest her she asked if they could come back tomorrow, that would be Perfect, but they said, no it has to be Today. They had to Disarm her, so they asked how many weapons she was carrying, and she said it was Thirty-three, including a Rocket. But when they patted her down, it turned out to be Zero. They had some trouble getting the horses back, but the seargant reminded everyone it could be worse - at least it wasn't a Rhinoceros. Bail has been set at $1979.

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

After Spiderbait you said the crowd put you off the idea of going next year. WHY DO YOU LIE TO THE GOOD PEOPLE OF FASTERLOUDER?!

Jose Cuervo said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I never said that, you are a liar....why do you lie so much? and there were only patches of cunts, the majority were pretty chill tbh

shazie said on the 30th Jul, 2012

What was the mud like on a scale from nice n grassy to T in the Park?

Jose Cuervo said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Pretty muddy, not as bad as T, but tbh not too far off hahaha

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I saw no grass.*

*Besides the herbal kind.

berlinchair101 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

berlinchair101 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Cheers for the edit, BH.

Miike Snow were pretty fun last night.

I didn't know that that 'Animal' song was by them.

There are 103 more comments. View them all