Regina Spektor tour dates

Regina Spektor leaked the announcement of the tour earlier this week and now the official details have been unveiled.

Spektor was last in Australia for a one off set at Splendour in the Grass last year plying a set that led us to crown her the Queen of the McLennan tent. Although the set suffered from the unnecessary backing beats provided by the Aston Shuffle down on the Mixup stage, Spektor’s only performance for 2011 saw the fans cram into the McLennan

Now with her new album What We Saw From The Cheap Seats – a “triumph in so many respects” according to the FL review – Spektor will be returning for a more extensive tour in December without the issues of overcrowding or impromptu remixing.

Regina Spektor tour dates:
Monday 3 December – Auckland Town Hall, Auckland
Thursday 6 December – Brisbane Convention Centre, Brisbane
Monday 10 December – Sydney Opera House, Sydney
Friday 14 December – The Plenary, Melbourne
Sunday 16 December – Adelaide Entertainment Centre (Theatre), Adelaide
Wednesday 19 December – Belvoir Ampitheatre, Perth

Comments

grattan said on the 13th Jul, 2012

Three day gap between Brissie and Sydney shows to fit in Meredith? Prob not, but maybe!

Quicky

Quicky said on the 13th Jul, 2012

Really good news :) Hopefully I can head along to this show at the Opera House!

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 15th Jul, 2012

SOH show $105. haven't spent a cent on gig tickets in a couple of months so can afford this but feel like there will be better things to spend my money on over summer.

John Henry Eden

John Henry Eden said on the 17th Jul, 2012

no one here seems very keen for this. $100 a ticket is pretty steep, though it is Regina Spektor and I've never seen her, so once will be ok.

Any ideas what she will play? I wasn't very fond of What We Saw From the Cheap Seats.

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 17th Jul, 2012

That is quality irony cheap seats with an expensive world tour

Jose Cuervo said on the 17th Jul, 2012

I am keen on the show, I would just much rather spend my money on BDO + Weezer and save to go back overseas instead.

Maballes Aiken

Maballes Aiken said on the 19th Jul, 2012

i'm not sure where this talk of expensive seats is coming from, $100 was expensive for a concert ticket in 1995, now i would of thought anything around this price was pretty reasonable especially as the venues are some of the best in the country.

weezer on the other hand are playing some of the worst venues in the country and are having to resort to playing an 18 year old album to pull crowds, saw them in 1996 and no real need to see them again.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 19th Jul, 2012

fair point. but part of the negative reaction has to do with the fact that we've seen acts like Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes etc play the venue for much lower prices. the only way to properly determine whether an event has been over priced is by monitoring ticket sales which is much easier thanks to the SOH ticketing system. so i guess we'll find out next week.

01seb

01seb said on the 19th Jul, 2012

Got front row tickets for the Brisbane show!

And regarding price, I think I paid $80 last tour, so this price hike is pretty similar to what I'd expect. And Gotye was $85, so I guess this is reasonable considering she's an international artist/

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 21st Jul, 2012

Good Av choice Seb, I'm in love

$100 is cheap? "and you must be the monopoly guy...do not pass go, do not collect $200"

crob said on the 24th Jul, 2012

SOH is on my birthday.... kinder makes me want to go, though i'll probably leave it till last minute

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 3rd Aug, 2012

well the SOH show sold out very quickly and a second has been announced. must admit i'm quite surprised but glad to see Regina doing so well. she'll rake in close to $500 000 over the two nights.

crob said on the 3rd Aug, 2012

SOH often has a few tixs released on the day of sold out events......

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 3rd Aug, 2012

yeah they do. never tried myself but know of people who have secured good seats on the night of a show.

grattan said on the 4th Oct, 2012