Image for The Living End announce 'The Retrospective Tour'

The Living End announce 'TheRetrospective Tour'

“I remember thinking that we would never be as successful as Regurgitator and Spiderbait. Those bands were just to me; great bands” Speaking to FL ahead of The Living End’s fifth Big Day Out performance last year Chris Cheney reflected on just how far the ‘little rockabilly band from Melbourne’ had come since forming in 1994. Eighteen years, six albums and countless tours on from their first ever gig TLE have well and truly cemented their reputation as one of Australia’s most successful bands, and to say thank you to all the fans who have stuck by them Chris, Scott and Andy are embarking on ‘The Retrospective’ tour this November.

In an Aussie first the tour will see TLE perform each of their six albums in full, back-to-back at 35 gigs in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. Fans will get one chance to see the album of their choice in these super intimate club shows, with the only exception being for the trio’s debut, self-titled classic – which will get two airings in each city.

A Presale for fans on The Living End mailing list will happen from Monday July 16th 9:00am to Wednesday 18th July at 11:59pm. If you are not yet a member you have until Sunday July 15th to sign up here and receive the presale code.

For those punters dedicated to seeing all six albums the band is also offering The Big Red Ticket :a discounted pass to catch all the shows in your city, available via Oztix. General tickets on sale Thursday 19th July.

FasterLouder presents The Living End ‘Retrospective Tour’:

Sunday 16th December- Roll On
Monday 17th December – The Living End

Social

Comments

whatyoutalkingabout

whatyoutalkingabout said on the 1st Jul, 2012

have heard that the big tle news is the tour announcement of 7 night stands in each city playing a different album in full each night - pretty cool !!! sometime nov/dec

andy_chalmers_102

andy_chalmers_102 said on the 1st Jul, 2012

As indifferent as I am to TLE these days, I would probably pay to see them play their debut in full. Maybe Modern Artillery as well.

01seb

01seb said on the 1st Jul, 2012

That actually sounds pretty cool. Might attend a night or two depending on price.

tyler07 said on the 1st Jul, 2012

That would be pretty legit. Would attend The Living End and Roll On shows.

berlinchair101 said on the 1st Jul, 2012

Roll On show would be tits.

MorningAfterboy said on the 1st Jul, 2012

Gee, I wonder why they don't think any of their other albums validate 2 nights...

gumbuoy said on the 1st Jul, 2012

Will try to attend one of the Living End album shows here in Bris - reckon tickets will go fast for that. Surprised they're playing somewhere as small as the Zoo.

Piko

Piko said on the 1st Jul, 2012

The self titled show would be my choice easily. It was such a strong album and I was at the perfect age to enjoy it when it was released. It will take me back. Aaahh the memories...

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 1st Jul, 2012

The Living End playing their self-titled album at the Corner!? Fuck yeah. Going to do both self-titled shows and maybe Roll On and State Of Emergency.

crob said on the 1st Jul, 2012

The self titled & roll on shows would be rad....

berlinchair101 said on the 1st Jul, 2012

Would be interested to see how well the shows for the last two records sell.

Will try for Roll On and Self Titled tickets. I Imagine the self titled shows will sell fast.

sarahanne

sarahanne said on the 1st Jul, 2012

Would be interested to see how well the shows for the last two records sell.

The rooms are so small they'll sell out in a second, Id imagine.

berlinchair101 said on the 1st Jul, 2012

Yeah I thought that after I typed it. Also, I remembered that the singles for White Noise all did pretty well.

I'll just shut my mouth now.

MorningAfterboy said on the 1st Jul, 2012

I would be amazed if the shows for the last few records sold out before the S/T shows.

hellboy1975

hellboy1975 said on the 1st Jul, 2012

Can't stand the Living End but this sounds pretty cool

tauiwi

tauiwi said on the 2nd Jul, 2012

Going to be embarrassing when nobody turns up to listen to their latest, in full.....

Hinee

Hinee said on the 2nd Jul, 2012

Shows are $45 a pop, will be very interested to see what the Big Red Ticket will be worth. There isn't a chance in hell I'll be missing TLE at the zoo though, fuck yeah

shazie said on the 2nd Jul, 2012

Awesome, can't wait to see these shows!

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 2nd Jul, 2012

i wonder if they'll play nothing but the album for that night. would be good if they mixed in some b-sides as well.

Stugalug

Stugalug said on the 2nd Jul, 2012

Does this tour mean that they are going to call it a day? Fingers crossed.

loudQUIETloud

loudQUIETloud said on the 2nd Jul, 2012

sweet, i turn 18 on the same day as the self titled show in sydney.

Brown_Sugar

Brown_Sugar said on the 2nd Jul, 2012

what a fkn awesome initiative. you can count me on being at the last 2 gigs at the corner.

berlinchair101 said on the 16th Jul, 2012

Got tickets to the Self Titiled and Roll On shows!

gumbuoy said on the 16th Jul, 2012

i have no password :(

gumbuoy said on the 16th Jul, 2012

thanks man - a friend of mine who lurks on here saw my post and sent me the pword :)

Picked up tix to one of the self-titled album shows.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 17th Jul, 2012

Cheers for the password BC.
Just got my presale ticket for the S/T show on the 3rd in Brisbane.

gumbuoy said on the 17th Jul, 2012

Jace I think you and I are going to have to start stalking each other. Except not at TLE, because my tix are for the 4th :)

MorningAfterboy said on the 17th Jul, 2012

All pre-sales in Sydney sold out except The Ending is Just the Beginning. HA!

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 17th Jul, 2012

Haha I'll look out for you at Nada Surf, I'm assuming you don't actually look like Pingu?

Yeah I wasn't sure whether to go for the 3rd or the 4th, but I just decided to go for the 3rd because I was hoping they'd have more energy at the 1st show or some shit.

Hopefully the presale for the 3rd doesn't sell out, because my mate still needs to get his ticket.

grattan said on the 18th Jul, 2012

Stefan Beck said on the 18th Jul, 2012

Hard to believe she's become even more snoggable.

shazie said on the 18th Jul, 2012

Coincidentally I had someone come up to me on a main street of London today offering me a free haircut. I could smell the rape a mile away (sadly they ran too fast).

aliago

aliago said on the 18th Jul, 2012

Melbourne shows went on sale at 9am. Both ST shows sold out.

Beno88

Beno88 said on the 18th Jul, 2012

third show on sale now

MorningAfterboy said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Supports!

THE ROSEMOUNT HOTEL – PERTH WA

Thu Nov 01 - State of Emergency (Sons of Rico & Gyroscope DJs)
Fri Nov 02 - MODERN ARTillery (Sons of Rico & Gyroscope DJs)
Sat Nov 03 – TEIJTBR (Sons of Rico & Gyroscope DJs)
Sun Nov 04 - Roll On (The Growl & Gyroscope DJs)
Mon Nov 05 - The Living End – SOLD OUT (The Growl & Gyroscope DJs)
Tue Nov 06 - The Living End (The Novocains & Gyroscope DJs)
Wed Nov 07 - White Noise (The Novocains & Gyroscope DJs)

THE GOV – ADELAIDE SA

Sun Nov 11 - Roll On (Area 7 & The Beards DJs)
Mon Nov 12 - The Living End (Area 7 & The Beards DJs)
Tue Nov 13 - The Living End (Area 7 & The Beards DJs)
Wed Nov 14 - White Noise (City Riots & DANGEROUS! DJs)
Thu Nov 15 - State of Emergency (City Riots & DANGEROUS! DJs)
Fri Nov 16 - MODERN ARTillery (City Riots & DANGEROUS! DJs)
Sat Nov 17 – TEIJTBR (City Riots & DANGEROUS! DJs)

THE HI FI – SYDNEY NSW

Wed Nov 21 - White Noise (Even & 2manyPJs)
Thu Nov 22 - State of Emergency (Even & 2manyPJs)
Fri Nov 23 – MODERN ARTillery (Even & 2manyPJs)
Sat Nov 24 – TEIJTBR (Cabins & 2manyPJs)
Sun Nov 25 - Roll On (Cabins & 2manyPJs)
Mon Nov 26 - The Living End (Area 7 & 2manyPJs)
Tue Nov 27 - The Living End (Area 7 & 2manyPJs)

THE ZOO – BRISBANE QLD

Sat Dec 01 – TEIJTBR (Band of Frequencies & DJ Hamish Rosser)
Sun Dec 02 - Roll On (The Medics & DJ Hamish Rosser)
Mon Dec 03 - The Living End – SOLD OUT (The Medics & DJ Hamish Rosser)
Tue Dec 04 - The Living End - SOLD OUT (Ash Grunwald & DJ Hamish Rosser)
Wed Dec 05 - White Noise (Ash Grunwald & DJ Hamish Rosser)
Thu Dec 06 - State of Emergency (Ash Grunwald & DJ Hamish Rosser)
Fri Dec 07 - MODERN ARTillery (Kingswood & DJ Hamish Rosser)

THE CORNER HOTEL - MELBOURNE VIC

Tue Dec 11 - The Living End – SOLD OUT (The Meanies & Cosmic Dolphin)
Wed Dec 12 - White Noise – SOLD OUT (Kingswood & Cosmic Dolphin)
Thu Dec 13 - State of Emergency – SOLD OUT (Dave Larkin Band & Cosmic Dolphin)
Fri Dec 14 - MODERN ARTillery – SOLD OUT (Something for Kate & Cosmic Dolphin)
Sat Dec 15 – TEIJTBR – SOLD OUT (The Smith Street Band & Cosmic Dolphin)
Sun Dec 16 - Roll On – SOLD OUT (Money for Rope & Cosmic Dolphin)
Mon Dec 17 - The Living End – SOLD OUT (Area 7 & Cosmic Dolphin)
Thu Dec 20 – Roll On – EXTRA SHOW JUST ADDED (Area 7 & Cosmic Dolphin)
Fri Dec 21 – The Living End – SOLD OUT (Ivy and The Big Apples & Cosmic Dolphin)
Sat Dec 22 – The Living End - U18 DAYTIME SHOW JUST ADDED (The Smith Street Band & Cosmic Dolphin)
Sat Dec 22 – The Living End – SOLD OUT (Ivy and The Big Apples & Cosmic Dolphin)

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Got excited when I saw SSB and SFK supporting, got disappointed when I saw which shows they're doing.

MorningAfterboy said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Dude, pretty much every support for Melbourne is incredible.

gumbuoy said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Oh man, December 21/22, Living End play self titled, and Spiderbait support - possibly playing Ivy and the Big Apples in full, or at least focusing on that album? Might have to see if I can ebay tickets to that.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 5th Oct, 2012

It's more that the U18 show with Smith Street is same day as the only show I'm going to. I was reading too quickly and got my hopes up :(

Know anything about Ivy and the Big Apples?

MorningAfterboy said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Surprised you wouldn't be trying for December 14th, Mr. Pink!

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Completely missed that connection!

gumbuoy said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Yeah 14th is a possibility too. just not a fan of modern artillery, so it seems a long way to go to watch SFK play a short set then walk out. :)

Whereas the self-titled plus Spiderbait would be mindblowing...

MorningAfterboy said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Too right. I hope Area-7 just play Bitter and Twisted.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 5th Oct, 2012

brisbane gets hamish and andy lol, bad luck

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 5th Oct, 2012

i remember when they played after the get up kids, mrmz.

MorningAfterboy said on the 5th Oct, 2012

He must have thought Hamish Rosser was Hamish Blake.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 5th Oct, 2012

oh that's right he's from the vines or something?

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Vines, Wolfmother I think and some other stuff

MorningAfterboy said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Ex-Vines, now drums for Roflmother.

jacegalvin

jacegalvin said on the 5th Oct, 2012

The Medics supporting the one I'm going to, pretty stoked with that.

Would rather Area-7, SFK, Spiderbair or SSB though.

MorningAfterboy said on the 5th Oct, 2012

The Medics fucking rule. Stoked for those kids, this will be massive for them.

berlinchair101 said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Glad I've got Cabins for one night but most excited for 2manyPJs.

Area 7 can die in an AIDS landslide.

MorningAfterboy said on the 5th Oct, 2012

Will it be awkward if Jamo busts out Ice Ice Baby?

gumbuoy said on the 18th Oct, 2012

still only one ticket for the 21st, one ticket for the 22nd on Ebay. Come on scalpers, you're supposed to be the death of the music industry, the least you could do is scalp tix for the one gig I actually want you to cover...

Edit: dang it, I just realised I volunteered to be on call for work that weekend. Probably won't get called, but I can't be out of state if I do. Oh well, will keep looking and see what I can organise...

berlinchair101 said on the 25th Nov, 2012

I saw the Roll On show last night. The guys were in awesome form. Probably to most fun I've had seeing them since the first time I did, back in 04.

It was nice to see them enjoy playing their old songs, you can tell at other shows they are tired of dragging out the 'hits' but in this set up they were relishing in it.

Cabins were fucking awesome as per usual.

2manyPJs was just Phil making some choice selections from an itunes playlist including KRS-One, Biggie, Pantera and Toto.

A real highlight was a video before the band came on highlighting the events that were happening around the time of the record. Not that the video was the highlight, but Phil Jamieson heckled the entire time of it. I love Phil.

MorningAfterboy said on the 25th Nov, 2012

You're going tonight, sir? Let's party.

shazie said on the 25th Nov, 2012

I headed along the the State of Emergency night, was a great night! It's always been a bit of a personal favourite of mine from them.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 25th Nov, 2012

It's an underrated album; I really regret not getting a ticket to the show.

MorningAfterboy said on the 25th Nov, 2012

Rhetty and shazbot: What were the set times like? Did they JUST play the album tracks?

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 25th Nov, 2012

OH I SEE HOW IT IS. Just because I haven't been to a show yet, somehow MY answers just aren't good enough.

Racist.

shazie said on the 25th Nov, 2012

Yep, just the album tracks and in the order they appeared on the album. As BC was saying, the video they show at the start is a pretty addition to lengthen the show a bit.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 25th Nov, 2012

Are they encoring with other stuff or is it just the album and that's it?

berlinchair101 said on the 25th Nov, 2012

Just album from start to finish. No encores.

gumbuoy said on the 26th Nov, 2012

That's interesting - I thought they'd add some stuff to each show.

The Living End albums I have are a bit front-heavy in terms of quality IMHO. I'm going to the self-titled show, and I'm not sure how I feel about a show that closes with Sleep On It/Closing In...

berlinchair101 said on the 26th Nov, 2012

Gumbuoy, you're a handsome and honourable gentlemen, so I hope you take no offence when I say that you must be fucking crazy to not think Closing In will be an awesome finisher.

"You must be fucking crazy to not think Closing In will be an awesome finisher."

There, I said it. No offence.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 26th Nov, 2012

It's not an obvious choice for closing a set, but I can still see it being great.

berlinchair101 said on the 26th Nov, 2012

Also, Uncle Harry was an awesome closer last night.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 26th Nov, 2012

Thats the main reason I wish I'd been able to afford Roll On tickets when they were available.