Image for Soundwave leaks two bands for 2013 lineup

Soundwave leaks two bands for2013 lineup

We’ve had plenty of hints and teasing clues for Soundwave 2013 from festival’s boss and it was inevitable that AJ Maddah would start to leak a few confirmations as well.

Over the weekend Maddah was been busy checking out bands at Germany’s Rock Am Ring festival and also found time to made a pair of confirmation announcements adding Welsh post-hardcore crew The Blackout and sludge metal band Kingdom of Sorrow to the lineup for Soundwave 2013.

The lineup of Kingdom of Sorrow features both Kirk Windstein of Crowbar and Down, and Jamey Jasta of Hatebreed and the booking could bode well for the appearance of Down on the lineup. Maddah mentioned back in May that he was “definitely inviting” Down to play.

Other acts playing at Rock Am Ring (and hopefully/possibly on Soundwave touring’s booking sheet) include Anthrax, Lamb of God, Metallica, Motörhead, The Offspring, Opeth, Skrillex, Soundgarden, Tenacious D, Trivium, and Linkin Park.

These confirmations for Soundwave 2013 follow the earlier announcement that Cannibal Corpse vocalist Chris Barnes would be bringing his ‘other’ band Six Feet Under to the festival.

The Blackout:

Kingdom of Sorrow:

Comments

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 4th Jun, 2012

Saw the picture and thought this was going to be the announcement of a Sesame Street themed festival. Anticlimax.

Oflick said on the 4th Jun, 2012

Skrillex is a possibility? I guess he'd fit in. One of my friends tried to explain dubstep to me once and it seemed to follow the nu metal formula, so it could work.

keepdriblin51

keepdriblin51 said on the 4th Jun, 2012

linkin park as one of the headliners??? they haven't done a festival for a while down under... possibly ever?

RobotsCanCry

RobotsCanCry said on the 4th Jun, 2012

i'm still of the opinion that the wiggles should play, as a sort of last hurrah.

berlinchair101 said on the 4th Jun, 2012

They played Livid one year.

They would be awful.

Oflick said on the 4th Jun, 2012

I think they headlined the last Livid.

EDIT: Yeah, what Berlinchair said.

nos235

nos235 said on the 6th Jun, 2012

Other acts playing at Rock Am Ring (and hopefully/possibly on Soundwave touring%u2019s booking sheet) include Anthrax, Lamb of God, Metallica, Motrhead, The Offspring, Opeth, Skrillex, Soundgarden, Tenacious D, Trivium, and Linkin Park.

Anthraz won't be back again so soon. Lamb of God only played a couple of years ago. Soundgarden just headlined BDO, The D were just here with FF. So maybe Opeth and Linkin Park are possibilities

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Jun, 2012

I imagine that a support slot for the Foo Fighters in 2011 well before their album was reased in 2012 would be enough to stop Tenacious D playing Soundwave in 2013.

Soundwave love recycling, some bands are up to playing their 5th festival, but I agree that them playing 2013 after just playing 2012 is probably pushing it.

I hope Linkin Park are in a train disaster.

Oflick said on the 6th Jun, 2012

Opeth were he around the same time as Tenacious D last year (give or take a month). Considering Tenacious D were only supporting the Foo Fighters, I can imagine them playing Soundwave next year.

Come SW13 it'll be three years since the last time Anthrax were here, so I think they're possible. I'd prefer any of the other 3 big 4 thrash acts, though. To be honest I'd prefer Testament, Exodus, or Nuclear Assault to Anthrax.

I'd still watch Anthrax, mainly because I only saw their first four songs in 2010 (left to see Jane's Addiction not realising the main stage was running late and I could have stayed). They just wouldn't excite me too much.

01seb

01seb said on the 6th Jun, 2012

I can see him booking Anthrax, The Offspring, Motorhead and Tenacious D from that list. Still thinking it'll be Greenday headlining...

Oflick said on the 6th Jun, 2012

I've heard rumours that Green Day are playing Download next year (and by that I mean one guy posted it on another forum), so I could see them playing Soundwave.

EDIT:
@iamnotshouting Hey AJ, Metallica or Guns N Roses for SW 13? or even Greenday?

@iaintathome Yep. Also Hendrix and Joplin.

I'd gather that's more ruling out GNR and Metallica than Green Day.

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Jun, 2012

Motorhead would have to play last purely because most bands will look shit following them.

Oflick said on the 6th Jun, 2012

It would make sense for someone like Linkin Park or Green Day to headline for commercial reasons, and Motorhead to headline stage 4 to keep the metalheads happy.

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Jun, 2012

Linkin Park and Green Day won't need any help from Motorhead to look shitty.

Lets face it, Motorhead would probably play at 4 in the afternoon.

Oflick said on the 6th Jun, 2012

Motorhead would be bigger than the last few stage 4 headliners wouldn't they? Plus I doubt many Green Day or Linkin Park fans would be pissed off that they can't see Motorhead, so from a clash perspective it would make sense.

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Jun, 2012

Well, I thought Mastodon would headline a stage but I was wrong about that.

Oflick said on the 6th Jun, 2012

In a perfect world Mastodon would have headlined the festival.

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Jun, 2012

@Iamnotshouting: SW13 has been cancelled after a mass walkout from artists due to Motorhead drinking all their riders and sleeping with all their women

batdan

batdan said on the 6th Jun, 2012

Anthrax have been touring their latest album also and have Joey back on vocals. I think they a real chance.

truthlies

truthlies said on the 6th Jun, 2012

"Cannibal Corpse vocalist Chris Barnes would be bringing his other band Six Feet Under to the festival."

Chris Barnes was in Cannibal Corpse (1988 to 1995) Six Feet Under is his band
now.

Opeth I think have never played a festival here and I can see them doing soundwave but they will need their Death Metal setlist and to closeout the metal stage.

grattan said on the 6th Jun, 2012

Chris Barnes was in Cannibal Corpse (1988 to 1995) Six Feet Under is his band now.

Beatles vocalist Paul McCartney will be bring his 'other' band Wings to the festival.

See how that works?