Image for First Parklife 2012 act leaks spot on lineup

First Parklife 2012 act leaksspot on lineup

Update – 4th June:*
Two more acts have been leaked.

Update:
A bit of digging reveals that rapper Labrinth and drum & bass/dubstep act DJ Fresh are also likely to be on the bill. Labrinth told Cosmopolitan back in April that he’s coming for Parklife and “can’t wait to create a mosh pit in Australia” and DJ Fresh posted the dates on his Facebook.

We now know one name in line for the soon-to-be-announced Parklife 2012 line-up.

In the Live Dates section of their website, dubstep band Modestep have posted the Spring festival tour. The booking would certainly make sense, given Modestep last made it out here for Fuzzy’s New Year’s Day institution Field Day and last year’s Parklife line-up focused strongly on all things bass-heavy with acts like Magnetic Man, Joker, Flux Pavilion and Nero.

The London band is currently on tour with Soundwave 2012 visitors Lostprophets and brings together dubstep with rock in their raucous live shows.

Modestep’s debut album, Evolution Theory, will be out in time for the Parklife tour, with lead single Show Me A Sign doing the rounds for a while now. The band recently told told Mixmag that the album is “about the evolution of music through our lives, so expect everything: dubstep, metal, house, hip hop, electro… it will surprise a lot of people.”

Comments

FidoMusica

FidoMusica said on the 31st May, 2012

parklife just gets better and better each year. looking forward to the new venue in sydney and from the rumours, looks like we are in for yet another stellar line-up. parklife really has it in the bag for festivals with a well organised and planned event mixed with the best collection of indie and electronic acts of the moment. bring it on!

Jose Cuervo said on the 31st May, 2012

I;d prob see Labrinth just for Earthquake

berlinchair101 said on the 31st May, 2012

I fucking love how Parklife gets people to log on here to talk up their own shit.

talica_t

talica_t said on the 31st May, 2012

i can't wait til the lineup gets revealed, seriously the best festival i've been to the past two years, when 2manydj's dropped light year's 'sex education' in 2010, i cried in the rain, so good.

berlinchair101 said on the 31st May, 2012

What do you think of other festivals?

Braveheart81 said on the 31st May, 2012

I seriously can't wait until I join Fuzzy's street team so I can register on random music forums and talk about how good Parklife is.

Did you know the lineup gets announced soon and tickets go on sale?

Being a member of the Fuzzy street team will be totes awesome.

humanracin

humanracin said on the 31st May, 2012

I heard they have djs there and everything!

robi4gre

robi4gre said on the 31st May, 2012

love parklife! best way to kick off summer!! if this clip is anything to go by, it's gonna be ace if modestep are confirmed - i've discovered loads of electro goodness from my parklife visits... and look forward to this year's new finds :) awesome clip and hot track!!

01seb

01seb said on the 31st May, 2012

Good God! WHEN WILL IT STOP?

yetiite

yetiite said on the 31st May, 2012

------
-------

-------

So bizarre. I thought Parklife sold out normally. Do they really need to spam forums with this shit?

Jose Cuervo said on the 31st May, 2012

Been years since parklife sold out in Syd

bjw1

bjw1 said on the 31st May, 2012

all this spamming makes me want to go to parklife less, and I didnt want to go at all to begin with.

tyler07 said on the 31st May, 2012

If I go to Parklife it will be purely to do illicit substances and dance like a freak.

humanracin

humanracin said on the 31st May, 2012

ALL THE PEOPLE
SO MANY PEOPLE
THEY ALL GO HAND IN HAND
HAND IN HAND THROUGH THEIR PARKLIFE

I really can't wait for (insert festival I'm being paid to promote), it's always the best festival to herald Spring (until Harvest) and having it at Riverstage makes it really unique (except Harvest is there now too). Blur even wrote a song about it because it's so great!

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 31st May, 2012

One band announced themselves early - that means it's easily the best festival ever!!!

Jose Cuervo said on the 31st May, 2012

How many of those one post accounts are BC....I'm thinking all of them

Jose Cuervo said on the 31st May, 2012

The lack of paragon gave it away

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 31st May, 2012

[berlinchair]I really look forward to not going to the Parklife afterparty at the Paragon[/berlinchair]

chico21

chico21 said on the 1st Jun, 2012

I went to Parklife in Sydney last year. will never go again.,

Jose Cuervo said on the 1st Jun, 2012

Ive been to every parklife since 06.....I still have rad memories of Mattafix from that first year

KatStanford

KatStanford said on the 3rd Jun, 2012

no way! sounds awesome! keen too see modestep live

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 3rd Jun, 2012

Yeah woo, Modestep and stuff.