Soundwave 2013 – more earlyclues

In early May we started compiling all the comments that Soundwave boss AJ Maddah made on Twitter that hinted at (or ruled out) tour speculation from fans who are incredibly eager to know who will be playing at Soundwave 2013. Very quickly that list grew as the festival boss and Twitter addict teased his loyal followers with well over a hundred hints and clues (and even a few festival confirmations)

Tweets about Billy Talent and Sharks have also led to actual tour announcements. Billy Talent have a headline jaunt along the East Coast and Sharks have a run of shows supporting Pennywise.

Since we began reposting all the tid-bits of info from the vocal promoter there have been well over one hundred Tweets to offer clues about Soundwave 2013 bands and other upcoming tours.

Already the festival boss and Twitter addict has commented on the likelihood of visits from a stack of bands including Placebo, Falling In Reverse, Def Leppard, Gogol Bordello, The Gaslight Anthem, Bring me the Horizon, Rage Against The Machine, Paramore, Limp Bizkit, Mastodon, Rammstein, The Vandals, Tool, Dream Theater, Judas Priest, GWAR, Korn, Turbonegro, Down, Anthrax, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Rancid, Gallows, Biffy Clyro, Avenged Sevenfold, Iron Maiden, Ministry, Killing Joke, Papa Roach, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, All Time Low, A Perfect Circle, Megadeth, Five Finger Death Punch, Rise Against!, and Bullet For My Valentine.

That’s a hell of a lot of tweeting – so we’ve begun a second collection of the clues and hints right here.

Read on for the latest clues:

Comments

junglekittens

junglekittens said on the 28th May, 2012

Is there not a single person out of the Harvest Festival's audience to probe AJ about this years lineup via twitter, looks like its an easy way of finding lineup clues!

grattan said on the 28th May, 2012

There have been a few - Stone Roses, MBV, Arcade Fire, Decemberists, Gogol Bordello ruled out as a result - but Soundwave's black t-shirted horde outnumbers the Harvest hipster brigade on AJ's Twitter account roughly 666-1.

tyler07 said on the 28th May, 2012

I definitely think if Refused aren't playing then they're playing BDO. Surely somebody would have to have booked them, and I just think a headlining tour isn't as likely.

anonymousguy90

anonymousguy90 said on the 29th May, 2012

That was me that questioned him about Gogol for Harvest. Hopefully he is just leading us on.

grattan said on the 30th May, 2012

Can prob lock in a SW tour from Verses The World - Mike Davenport (The Ataris), Chris Flippin (Lagwagon), Donald Spence and Bryan Charleson (Crooks and Liars) - they've been signed to the SW record label 3Wise Records.

truthlies

truthlies said on the 30th May, 2012

I am officially campaigning Soen for SW13 so her goes. If you like 'em and want to see Martin Mendez tear it up with sticks and pig skin. Back'em at http://forum.soundwavefestival.com/node/126020?page=13#comment-286969

truthlies

truthlies said on the 30th May, 2012

And here are the vids.
[youtube]KbWahoNCvVQ[/youtube]
[youtube]9VEFORk1wYA[/youtube]

Their debut album is called Cognitive and its really, very good.

northernbeachesHC

northernbeachesHC said on the 30th May, 2012

REFUSED

PANTERA feat ZAKK WYLDE

cowboy

cowboy said on the 30th May, 2012

I like the sound of Soen - 2 of my 3 'votes' for bands will be going to Korpikilaani and Believer.

I'm reserving my 3rd and final vote until I know all 20 bands that are being campaigned for, but Soen could well get it!

oompaloompa12

oompaloompa12 said on the 4th Jun, 2012

if papa roach come im gonna throw a copy of there old album right at jacoby's head and hope its knocks some god damn sense back into him

truthlies

truthlies said on the 4th Jun, 2012

Vote recieved! Thanks Cowboy! anyone else want to drop on over to lay their votes for the new and upcoming bands like SOEN!

truthlies

truthlies said on the 4th Jun, 2012

[youtube]RzmceWffMd4[/youtube]

tyler07 said on the 11th Jun, 2012

Don't know if it's been reported but Blood on the Dance Floor are self-confirmed as playing via their twitter (I don't know who they are but was reading about it on musicfeeds).

And it looks as if there is a 99% chance of As I Lay Dying and Fozzy playing based on his recent twitter activity.

Oflick said on the 11th Jun, 2012

From what little I've heard of them, Blood on the Dancefloor will be the Cobra Starship of Soundwave 13.