• 1940
Image for Children Collide announce new drummer; tour

Children Collide announce newdrummer; tour

Back in February, Children Collide’s long-serving drummer Ryan Caesar announced that he was leaving the group following the launch tour for their third album Monument as “the current tensions, and the situation – looked at from any perspective, can only be resolved by my leaving.”

Caesar has now been replaced by Mitch McGregor from four-piece indie rock group Dardanelles, who won a nomination for the Australian Music Prize with their debut album Mirror Mirror back in 2008.

Children Collide will head out on tour with their new line up in August, but first frontman Johnny Mackay is off to New York City, where he will set up home , begin writing new material and “indulge in the NYC lifestyle for the foreseeable feature”.

CHILDREN COLLIDE tour:
Friday 7th September – Yahoo Bar, Shepparton
Saturday 8th September – The Bended Elbow, Geelong

Tickets on sale Thursday 24th May

Comments

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 14th May, 2012

Friday night at The Standard. hellz yeah!

Hinee

Hinee said on the 14th May, 2012

went to their last show at the zoo and couldn't wait for the next show. was devo that they weren't named on the splendour lineup, but another zoo gig is arguably an even better option!

Blasted

Blasted said on the 14th May, 2012

Yep looking forward to this. Will be interesting to see what impact Johnny going to NY will have in the band.

shazie said on the 14th May, 2012

I arrive back from London on the morning of the Sydney show. Do I dare challange jetlag?

Of course I do.

andy_chalmers_102

andy_chalmers_102 said on the 14th May, 2012

Didn't love the new album, but I'll never pass up an opportunity to see them live.

Stefan Beck said on the 14th May, 2012

Of course I do.

Sleep all day, party all night.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 14th May, 2012

Children Collide playing at the Corner Hotel?! Well I never.

Jose Cuervo said on the 14th May, 2012

Of course I do.

Sleep the 2nd leg of the flight home an you will be fine that night imo.....its the day after you feel like shit. Hell I got back from the US into brissy at 7am and went to Piko's wedding that day.

shazie said on the 14th May, 2012

Well then I should hopefully see everyone there!

grattan said on the 6th Jun, 2012

Supports - Dune Rats & Bad Dreems

Oh, and a new video:

theredwatch

theredwatch said on the 18th Aug, 2012

just saw the band at the standard in sydney. what an awesome gig. it was also great to see the band support the punters that were getting manhandled from the obviously bored security!!!! i cant believe that 'the standard' would employ such meatheads to run the security when they are trying to develop their reputation in sydney. i for one would love an explanation form the management of why the guards dragged out a guy for dancing. the guards gathered in front of me to pick out their target before they moved in. disgrace.

i felt like i was in the town from footloose! what a serious downer to an otherwise great night.

Scooter mcgavin

Scooter mcgavin said on the 19th Aug, 2012

Children collide crowds can get a bit loose, particularly all age shows but yeah that is bs if that's the case. My mates got kicked out of a club last night for the same thing so security are just shit

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 31st Aug, 2012

it was great seeing the boys last night in Windsor albeit a little strange seeing them play to about 50 people in room about the size of my lounge room. funnily enough My Eagle got the biggest reaction of the night haha.