Jack White reveals tour dates

Jack White will be touring Australia with his solo debut Blunderbuss and an arsenal of White Stripes, Raconteurs and Dead Weather songs stopping in for a headline set as Splendour in the Grass and a pair of sideshows. The news of Jack’s visit broke on FL earlier this week after a teasing clue offered by the tour promoters was quickly solved in the forums, but now the full details for the tour have been confirmed.

Based on Jack’ recent (and mightily impressive) setlists we can expect to see gigs featuring tracks from all his projects and even a cover or two – perhaps some Hank Williams, Leadbelly or Dylan – when Jack hits the stage for these highly anticipated shows.

Lanie Lane, who has released a single through Jack’s Third Man records, will the be support act at both shows.

Jack White sideshows:
Wednesday July 25th – Festival Hall, Melbourne
Thursday 26th July – Hordern, Sydney

Tickets $83.70 in Melbourne; $86.50 in Sydney

Pre-sale from 12 Noon AEST, Thursday 26 April

General public on sale from 9am Tuesday 1 May

Jack White’s SXSW setlists:

All-female band:
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (White Stripes)
Missing Pieces ( Blunderbuss )
Hotel Yorba (White Stripes)
Icky Thump (White Stripes)
Top Yourself (Raconteurs)
You Know What I Know (Hank Williams)
Blunderbuss ( Blunderbuss )
Sixteen Saltines ( Blunderbuss )
Weep Themselves to Sleep ( Blunderbuss )
I’m Slowly Turning Into You (White Stripes)

All-male band:
Steady As She Goes (Raconteurs)
Cuts Like a Buffalo (The Dead Weather)
Hypocritical Kiss ( Blunderbuss )
My Doorbell (White Stripes)
Hello Operator (White Stripes)
Two Against One ( Rome /Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi colaboration)
The Hardest Button to Button (White Stripes)
Ball and a Biscuit (White Stripes)
Seven Nation Army (White Stripes)
Goodnight Irene (Leadbelly)

Comments

Hats18

Hats18 said on the 25th Jul, 2012

all good, should be a cracking show

hollas518

hollas518 said on the 25th Jul, 2012

do we know if his backing band will be all male or all female? or is it just a big surprise for the night?

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 25th Jul, 2012

I'm pretty sure it's a surprise. I'm kind of hoping for The Peacocks.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 25th Jul, 2012

Melbourne got the Peacocks.

berlinchair101 said on the 25th Jul, 2012

Jack White was amazing. The Peacocks were amazing.

None of the videos you've seen compare.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 25th Jul, 2012

^^^
just an amazing gig. seriously the peacocks were great. so much energy from everyone. setlist was great. jack was king.

when he was telling his story about the psycho fan, after he said 'and then she said she was going to kill herself'
I'm pretty sure my laugh could be heard from all corners of festival hall.

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 25th Jul, 2012

Seconded! I don't think I'll be able to sleep at all, still hyped up. And I have to be up at 6.00. Oh welll.

I thought he was turning into an anecdote or something, it sounded like it was meant to be a funny story...

Nowonderimconfused

Nowonderimconfused said on the 25th Jul, 2012

that was a weird little macabre moment. i was at gate 5 from about 5:30, and there was a guy there who'd been hanging around the venue since 2. when i rocked up, he told me there was a woman who'd been waiting around, who seemed a bit batty but nice enough, and they'd got chatting. then a black audi comes past and heads to the rear entrance, and she immediately goes 'that's jack, and his manager in the front'. his manager gets out, walks straight up to this woman and says 'you can't be here. we can organise a refund for you right now, but there's no way you're getting into this show.' she starts arcing up, saying what did i do, and he goes on about her stealing from the band last time jack was here, and she puts up a bit of a fight but eventually backs down, heads across the road with him to have a chat, gets her refund, and leaves. this dude figured that was the end of it...judging by jack's story, i guess not. everyone around me was laughing at it too, but we just shared this 'holy shit!' look.

MorningAfterboy said on the 25th Jul, 2012

Holy shit.

I hope we get some crazies at the Hordern tonight. See you there, kids!

berlinchair101 said on the 25th Jul, 2012

Wow, I thought he was just harping on about someone killing themself because he was about to play 'Top Yourself'. Awesome.

ThatDude123 said on the 25th Jul, 2012

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 25th Jul, 2012

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jack-white/2012/festival-hall-melbourne-australia-2bdc84a2.html - setlist from Melbourne!!

Hats18

Hats18 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

defiantly a epic show in a very full floor section, carliona drama the highlight for me but he played a great set list

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 26th Jul, 2012

we are going to be friends made my nips hard. also the air conditioning vent i was sitting under.

steady as she goes was also the tits

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 26th Jul, 2012

did any of the Peacocks flash their ankles?

Braveheart81 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Really looking forward to this tonight.

Should be fantastic.

ThatDude123 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Pissed I missed tickets to this. Was even offered a ticket but am saving for my move, soon. This is now the fourth time I have missed Jack White in some form and it's breaking my balls.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 26th Jul, 2012

you really missed out. sincerely, it was brilliant.

lukey26

lukey26 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Anybody else get one of the limited screen print posters? Best merch I've bought in a very long time.

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Makes Rhett look like he only has a passing interest in Jack White.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Any chance of a picture? If it's nice I'll definitely buy one, I've just redecorated and looking for some arty band stuff to put up and I have a huge man crush on Jack White.

Braveheart81 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Can the picture be of Lukey standing next to the poster?

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Yeah but I can't promise to extend the man crush

lukey26

lukey26 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

I'll take one later, might be getting it framed today.

Also, JW apparently cancelled his appearance at Cherry Bar because of that psycho stalker girl.

berlinchair101 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Met Jack White.

Brb mazzing out.

Stefan Beck said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Was he nice?

He seems like he might be a bit of a dickhead.

berlinchair101 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Yeah he was nice. I told him he played a great show last night, said thanks for all the music and apologized about 700 times for bothering him. He smiled and said thank you a lot and we parted, having made each others lives a little more amazing* than before.

*i can only assume he was stoked to meet BC from The Grand Lethals.

Stefan Beck said on the 26th Jul, 2012

The pair of you then decided to meet up for a drink at the Paragon...but only Jack showed up.

tissue

tissue said on the 26th Jul, 2012

there were quite a number police cars that kept patrolling around rosslyn st (behind festival hall) around 5pm too. wasn't sure what that was about until one of the security guards told us about someone being 'taken away'.

blown away by that show, that man sure has stage presence. even his road crew was suited up for the occasion

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 26th Jul, 2012

SHE EXISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREGG FOUND THINGS. LOVE ME.

MorningAfterboy said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Holy FUCK. Those last three tweets. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Soyla ‏@miss_soylatte - Goodbye world.. See you on another planet.. posted 20 hours ago

Soyla ‏@miss_soylatte - I'm not sure who's phone this is but sadly whoever owned it is currently in a body bag after being found early this morning. posted 4 hours ago.

Braveheart81 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

This suddenly isn't very amusing.

Let's hope that this is some sort of elaborate game and nothing sinister has actually happened.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 26th Jul, 2012

by the way jack described her last night, she has made empty threats before, and apparently she was actually taken away to hospital last night. so i doubt they would have released her, thus not allowing her to do anything. so i think this is very much a hoax. and while i don't want to completely commit to that theory, i'm pretty confident in it.

Oflick said on the 26th Jul, 2012

The tweets look like a hoax to me. Just seems strange that if a woman was found dead, the person who finds the phone would get onto the woman's twitter account and make those tweets. Especially in those words.

Stugalug

Stugalug said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Whatever has happened, it's very sad.

berlinchair101 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

That last tweet seems pretty bogus.

Fingers crossed it is.

Kelz5359

Kelz5359 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Still on a high from the show last night...the man is just too brilliant for his own good. And to think he almost became a priest.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Wow this thread really got serious

Lucan

Lucan said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Who was the artist for it?

lukey26

lukey26 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Todd Slater, wasn't signed or numbered but supposedly they only had 80 prints which sold out in half an hour.

deanoss

deanoss said on the 26th Jul, 2012

See those who are splendouring it tomorrow!
feel free to pm to organise a beer post jack white!

grattan said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes song)
Sixteen Saltines
Missing Pieces
Love Interruption
Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes song)
Cannon (The White Stripes song)
Weep Themselves to Sleep
I Guess I Should Go to Sleep
Two Against One (Danger Mouse cover)
Top Yourself (The Raconteurs song)
You Know That I Know (Hank Williams cover)
I'm Slowly Turning Into You (The White Stripes song)
Blue Blood Blues (The Dead Weather song) (Screwdriver intro)
Take Me With You When You Go
Steady, As She Goes (The Raconteurs song)
Ball and Biscuit (The White Stripes song) (Little Birdy Intro)

Encore:
Freedom At 21
My Doorbell (The White Stripes song)
We're Going to Be Friends (The White Stripes song)
Carolina Drama (The Raconteurs song) (Little Birdy outro)
Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes song)

tyler07 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Fucking awesome setlist, sooooooooo keen for tomorrow night.

He's definitely picked the choice cuts from all his projects.

andy_chalmers_102

andy_chalmers_102 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

That was at least twice as awesome as I was expecting it to be. And I was expecting it to be pretty fucking awesome.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 26th Jul, 2012

Yep that was utterly brilliant.

The thing that gets me is that basically every show is probably like that. I think that's the fifth or sixth time I've seen them and they were all excellent.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 26th Jul, 2012

awesome show as expected but what took it to the next level was Blue Veins!! i had been quietly hoping for it in the lead up but it seemed a rarity. just had a look on setlist.fm and the only other time he has played that this year was earlier this month in Hamburg.

car park was chaotic after the show. the only thing that kept me calm was EITS's All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone. i got through the whole thing before i reached the boom gates haha.

berlinchair101 said on the 26th Jul, 2012

The show was really great. I was glad to see him backed by Los Buzzardos this time.

The set list was mint.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 26th Jul, 2012

You have to go in the reserved from 7-6 spots on the ground floor - we went to the pub first to meet someone then to the car park whilst the queues were massive and got out in about three minutes.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 27th Jul, 2012

the girl didn't kill herself, if anyone was wondering. clearly she's not well, but obviously jack knew best.

berlinchair101 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

I think The Peacocks were my favourite of the two bands, but both were so good.

grattan said on the 27th Jul, 2012

Sydney set list:

Black Math (The White Stripes song)
Missing Pieces
Freedom At 21
You Know I Know (Hank Williams cover)
Love Interruption
Hotel Yorba (The White Stripes song)
Hypocritical Kiss
Weep Themselves to Sleep
Trash Tongue Talker
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (The White Stripes song)
On and On and On
Cannon (The White Stripes song)
Broken Boy Soldier
I Cut Like A Buffalo (The Dead Weather song)
The Same Boy You've Always Known (The White Stripes song)
Blue Veins (The Raconteurs song)

Encore:
Sixteen Saltines
Steady, As She Goes (The Raconteurs song)
The Hardest Button to Button (The White Stripes song)
Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes song)

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 27th Jul, 2012

hardest button to button, jelly.

Braveheart81 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

Great show last night.

Berlinchair certainly did well out of going to Melbourne and Sydney. Plenty of differences in the setlists.

Whilst it was a shame to miss out on some of the songs Melbourne got, Hardest Button to Button, Steady as She Goes and Blue Veins were all awesome.

Jack's guitar work in Blue Veins was just amazing.The kid can play.

berlinchair101 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

Blue Veins was so fantastic. That and Carolina Drama were my favourite moments of each night.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 27th Jul, 2012

the crowd seemed quite restless through the first hour or so of the set but Cannon seemed to get everyone's attention and from that point onwards everyone was a little more in sync.

the second set was killer! too many bands tend to start their second sets with mid tempo songs. i've always felt that nothing works better than a hard hitting song like Sixteen Saltines.

kaydee

kaydee said on the 27th Jul, 2012

Argh. Black Math.

Sounds like an awesome gig. Wish I had gone now.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 27th Jul, 2012

It definitely took off when he got past the quieter new songs and into the guitar work. What a guitarist, that was the best performance I've seen from him in terms of that. Blue Veins was ridiculous, just absolutely ridiculous. Where else do you get a guy who can write songs as well as sing and play like that in the modern scene? Not to mention his piano work and whatever else he can play. Even the drummer was looking at him with a 'woah' expression during some of it and he plays with him all the time.

Braveheart81 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

As I said to p1owz0r last night, Jack White is the Neil Young of his generation.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 27th Jul, 2012

i wonder what he'll do next. i would be perfectly happy with another solo album. but if i could choose it would be another Raconteurs album.

did anyone get a slight Raconteurs vibe from last night? it just feels as though Jack has a certain stage presence when he plays alongside women and a different one when in an all male band. you could almost argue that dichotomy somewhat sets him apart from Neil Young.

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 27th Jul, 2012

Sydney set list, phwoar. Very jelly of all of you.

Hats18

Hats18 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

i was at the melbourne show but gees that's a even better set list for the sydney show that would have been awesome. agree with the person who said carliona drama was the highlight for the melbourne show

tyler07 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

That Sydney setlist is wild, holy shit. I'm currently drunk out on the bus en route to Jack White. Hell fucking yes.

MorningAfterboy said on the 27th Jul, 2012

Can we just talk about how fucking dick-shittingly amazing the drummer is? He brought so much to the performance. So loose and wild, was on some kind of jazz shit. Also had no idea that Ikey Owens, the orginial keyboardist for The Mars Volta, plays for Jack now. He was incredible.

Really, really great show last night, man. Easily in my top 10. Maybe even top 5.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 27th Jul, 2012

Meeting me will do that to a gig

MorningAfterboy said on the 27th Jul, 2012

You got your shoutout in the FL Spotting thread.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 27th Jul, 2012

I'm still reeling from the awesomeness of last night.

Braveheart81 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 27th Jul, 2012

of course tone deaf would run that article.

Braveheart81 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

It's a pretty sad state of affairs all round.

Sad that the girl lacked any rationality to realise everything she was doing was incredibly wrong until it was far too late.

berlinchair101 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

I would be interested in seeing what messages she sent to Karen Elson.

MorningAfterboy said on the 27th Jul, 2012

Where were you stationed last night, Rhetty D? Moshing up the front?

Braveheart81 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

More likely fapping up the back.

berlinchair101 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

I was too tired to fight for the front so I relaxed with a full chub by the sound desk.

GrimFandango

GrimFandango said on the 27th Jul, 2012

black math and broken boy soldier.
jealousy

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 27th Jul, 2012

early reports saying he is using both bands tonight. but has started off with the Los Buzzardos.

tyler07 said on the 27th Jul, 2012

What a mindblowingly awesome show. Seriously mental. Started off with the dudes and then used the girls (and seriously, how goddamn sexy were they?!). The best show I've seen this year.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 28th Jul, 2012

wasn't sure where to put this so ended up going with this thread.

Jack White
Splendour in the Grass 2012
27 July 2012
Belongil Fields, Byron

Setlist
1. Love Interruption (sound fluctuates a few times)
2. Hotel Yorba
3. Top Yourself
4. Blue Blood Blues
5. I'm Slowly Turning Into You
6. The Same Boy You've Always Known
7. Take Me With You When You Go
8. Sixteen Saltines
9. Seven Nation Army
(All songs with The Peacocks)

Download - https://rapidshare.com/#!download|853p8|2803371941|Jack%20White.m4a.zip|59183|0|0- 60MB

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Aw, I'm really jealous of Sydney getting Black Math and Hardest Button to Button.
Anyone else see his set at Splendour? I was right up the front again :D It was goood, and I appreciated that he incorporated both bands into the set, but most of the crowd didn't seem all that into some of it, just for Sixteen Saltines and Seven Nation Army. Really pleased that I could at least see some songs played by the Vultures, and that they did Hello Operator. But nowhere near as good as Wednesday night.
And no I'm Shakin' :(

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

No Raconteurs stuff was a major disappointment for the Splendour set.

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

They did Top Yourself didn't they? I'm sure they did cos I was telling my friend about the Melbourne stalker story and I started drunkenly yelling "Stalker song! Stalker song!" when it started.

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Hotel Yorba was probably my highlight, possibly even for both shows I saw. And Blue Blood Blues.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Really? At that stage I was kinda focussing on how great it was going to be to take off my soaking wet socks, so I wouldn't be surprised if I completely missed something.

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Yeah they did.
I stopped feeling my feet around 4:00.

tyler07 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Take Me With You When You Go straight into Sixteen Saltines was my highlight. I actually got a chub.

Days later and i'm still raving on about how amazing Jack was. Here's hoping for more beautiful solo releases and another tour in the not-so-distant future.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Blue Blood Blues was an unexpected highlight for me (Splendour set). The whole thing was awesome, Ruby Amanfu and Carla Azar... Sixteen Saltines, Hotel Yorba... all amazing. Easily in my top 5 all time

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I don't recall Hustle & Cuss at Splendour... Blue Blood Blues?

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

Was a highlight for me too :)

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 30th Jul, 2012

I always think of those two songs as one because they flow into each other on the album. I really wished I'd seen Dead Weather last tour after that.

Jose Cuervo said on the 30th Jul, 2012

She was the highlight

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Hey what happened to the whole thing about Jack wanting to break the world record for most metaphors at a concert when he was over here?

gumbuoy said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Saw him at Splendour, and yep he was totally amazing. The band came out and started playing before Jack White even appeared, and it took all of 3 seconds to put Meg to shame - imagine how much better White Stripes could have been with a good drummer...

liquidtopaz3

liquidtopaz3 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

I've been watching the Lollapalooza set and I still think I like the Peacocks better.

MorningAfterboy said on the 6th Aug, 2012

I didn't compare him to Meg at all, and I think it'd be stupid to do so. Meg was never technically proficient, but she didn't have to be. She worked perfectly with the songs that the Stripes did and I couldn't picture them any other way - nor would I want to.

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Meg's drumming style or lack thereof (depending how you look at it) was a key part of the White Stripes aesthetic. Arguably they would've lost a lot of their charm had she been a 'good' drummer.

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Aug, 2012

Meg White was as much of the White Stripes sound as Jack was. They would have been worse without her.

I thought the drummer of the Peacocks was the best of the two.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 6th Aug, 2012

meg white had good breasts, they were a nice, aesthetically speaking.

There are 122 more comments. View them all