Image for New Order Future Music Festival sideshows

New Order Future MusicFestival sideshows

Manchester icons New Order will play two huge sideshows while in town for Future Music Festival this year.

Already confirmed to play alongside the likes of Die Antwoord, Friendly Fires and Aphex Twin at Future, fans of New Order can now get a double dose of the legends when keyboardist Gillian Gilbert joins founding members Bernard Sumner (vocals) and Stephen Morris (drums) along with guitarist Phil Cunningham and Bad Lieutenant bassist Tom Chapman to play Sydney’s Horden Pavilion and Melbourne’s Festival Hall in March.

At their first reunion show in Brussels last year the band pulled out an epic set-list, which spanned their entire year career. Early tunes Ceremony and Temptation got an outing alongside favourites Bizarre Love Triangle and Crystal, with the band concluding the gig on Blue Monday and Joy Division’s Love Will Tear Us Apart. Yes please!

FasterLouder presents New Order Future Music Festival sideshows:
Thursday 1st March – Festival Hall, Melbourne
Wednesday 7th March – Hordern Pavilion, Sydney

Tickets are $85 + BF & Credit Card charges and go on sale Monday 23rd January from 9am.

Comments

berlinchair101 said on the 15th Jan, 2012

I only like New Order a little bit. I can't decide if I should go knowing that after they play I'll probably get into them heaps and they will never return.

Braveheart81 said on the 15th Jan, 2012

Pretty interested. I think I'll go.

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 15th Jan, 2012

Best just hope it's not one of their bad days.

Hinee

Hinee said on the 15th Jan, 2012

i'm so glad they're playing future. i really wanted to see die antwoord and aphex twin, but they weren't enough to get me there. i am interested in new order enough to watch them at a festival but not on their own, and having them was enough of a draw to get me along. it's a weird feeling going to a festival and really not having a full list of bands i feel like i need to cram into my day

humanracin

humanracin said on the 16th Jan, 2012

Will attend, may be last chance ever to see them.
This, and just found out Morrissey maybe on his way downunda...

Piko

Piko said on the 16th Jan, 2012

This is why I should still live in Sydney

Braveheart81 said on the 16th Jan, 2012

As a trade off, you can probably go and see Miss Nude Australia, Miss Nude Queensland, Miss Nude Gold Coast, and a variety of Pole Dancing Championships.

Quicky

Quicky said on the 16th Jan, 2012

Interested but don't think I'll get there on the price they're asking it's a school night so I'll be dead the next day.

Oflick said on the 17th Jan, 2012

if aphex twin was opening i'd go, as he and new order are all i want to see at future.

Scott_FUTURE

Scott_FUTURE said on the 23rd Jan, 2012

tickets on sale now

sydney >> http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=neworder12#.txzqo5jqr5g

melbourne >> http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/13004830cfd390e0?artistid=735746&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

humanracin

humanracin said on the 23rd Jan, 2012

I like the way you think

lateleigh

lateleigh said on the 23rd Jan, 2012

15 year career?? I think not... They split in 1995, reformed in 2000, split again in 2004 making this their 32nd - albeit inconsistant - year by now, surely?

Anyway, the only thing that could make this better is if Johnny Marr and Neil Tennant turn up as well and Electronic are the support act!

kurtdaniel

kurtdaniel said on the 12th Feb, 2012

seriously thinking of making the trip back to melbourne and cancel [url=http://takelessons.com/]music teaching in singapore, just for this gig.

aliago

aliago said on the 12th Feb, 2012

there is a loud noise outside. the hurricanes are loud, the electricity is flashing on and off. the door bursts down. there is a man. such anger in his eyes. he is about to yell...
*cue stefan beck*

Stefan Beck said on the 12th Feb, 2012

I've given up.
There's no helping some people.

Beno88

Beno88 said on the 27th Feb, 2012

according to the festival hall website, the rapture is supporting. if true, this is bloody awesome!

grattan said on the 27th Feb, 2012

Can't imagine the venue would be lying.

Beno88

Beno88 said on the 28th Feb, 2012

true. i'm just surprised such a decent international support act wasn't announced anywhere other than in the running times.

i guess they didn't want to take away from people going their own show.

grattan said on the 28th Feb, 2012

News just in - the support is not The Rapture. They were lying!

Sydney support is Naked and Famous.
Melbourne is The Panics.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 7th Mar, 2012

Anyone heading along to this tonight?

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 8th Mar, 2012

^ Oh I just saw your post.

I was there. There was nothing wrong with their performance. The internet was wrong again. Although I'm glad I was in a room full of middle aged fans soaking up the positive atmosphere, rather than at Future, which will suck.

The crowd received them very well. The floor of the Hordern was pretty rammed, but everyone was nice and let you walk past them and bump into them without trying to fight you, not like young people at all. Bernard seemed to be enjoying himself.

When they played True Faith I actually felt like I was in the nightclub from American Psycho. Singing along to Temptation was fantastic, the crowd involvement was at it's peak. Blue Monday was great too, although it would have been good if they'd attempted to recreate the 8 minute long version with the breakdown at the end, as it seemed more like they were re-enacting the compacted '88 radio version. Also, I was a bit devastated they didn't play Crystal.

Great night.

grattan said on the 8th Mar, 2012

Should have got to the show on time - they opened with it!

tattoo you

tattoo you said on the 8th Mar, 2012

I wish I'd been nearer to the middle aged fans. I was stuck amongst large groups of youngs dudes who'd obviously discovered New Order two seconds ago (and were more interested in posing for FB photos/hugging each other/shouting inanely). Moving spots helped somewhat although it was frustrating that everyone felt it neccesary to record Love Will Tear Us Apart on their phones. Enjoy the moment people!!!

humanracin

humanracin said on the 8th Mar, 2012

I thought the show last night was amaze-ballz!
I was on the barrier and most of the crowd there were around when these songs came out I think, 30s - 50s crowd.

They played everything a fan could think of without a bad note, new bass player was great too.

I thought this show shat all over the last tour energy wise and song wise... Peter who?

I'm pretty sure they played at least 1 album in full, need to check my cds if it was Low Life or Technique?

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 8th Mar, 2012

gah!

There needs to be some kind of high powered computer for estimating travel time from a pub to the exit of the pub.

I've loved that song since I was 12. OH WELL. Guess I have to see them again in a few years or something.

Stefan Beck said on the 8th Mar, 2012

Setlist.fm claims they pretty much played one track off every album but Low Life got two.

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 8th Mar, 2012

Setlist.fm has retarded album stats for New Order. They did about half of Substance 1987