Image for Byron Bay Bluesfest second lineup announcement

Byron Bay Bluesfest secondlineup announcement

A few weeks ago the first lineup announcement for Bluesfest 2012 was released with an impressive array of acts including The Who’s Roger Daltrey, My Morning Jacket and the long awaited return to Australia for everyone’s favourite drinking buddies The Pogues.

Now the second lineup announcement has been unveiled, proving that Bluesfest wasn’t joking when they 2012 lineup will be “one of the finest artist announcements in the 23 year history” with Crosby Stills and Nash, The Specials, Lucinda Williams, Seasick Steve and Alabama Three joining the party.

This is all shaping up very nicely!

Byron Bay Bluesfest second lineup:

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 15th Nov, 2011

Holy Shit! The Specials!

Hopefully they play on either the same day as YES or Earth Wind and Fire

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

wow, and so it seems the are playing on the same day as Earth Wind and Fire. Well this is just wonderful news!

whitesmoke

whitesmoke said on the 16th Nov, 2011

the playing schedule is up on the website. the specials are on the friday with cs&n and earth, wind & fire.

solid 2nd announcement, i'm considering going to this now.

Jaaaaaccckk

Jaaaaaccckk said on the 16th Nov, 2011

Donovan, cool. A great lineup as always, pity I won't be able to make it.

ThatDude123 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

And Alabama Three as well! Seriously, if these guys do a sideshow near you, see it. they're heaps fun.

rwinter

rwinter said on the 16th Nov, 2011

god i hope there are sideshows!

iNegro

iNegro said on the 16th Nov, 2011

Holy fucking Crosby Still and Nash. Nice.

sknight186

sknight186 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

lucinda williams! sideshows pls

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 16th Nov, 2011

So far the 2011 line-up was more my thing.

But this line-up is unreal. Tops both Soundwaves and BDOs for me.

We have two NZ sideshows from bands I want to see already- G3 and Earth, Wind and Fire.

Hoping for Crosby, Stills and Nash, Roger Daltrey sideshows in my area. Don't think I'd bother seeing Yes even though they are pretty awesome.

This year we got NZ shows from Bob Dylan, BB King, ZZ Top and had one scheduled for Elvis Costello- so we should do alright this time.

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 16th Nov, 2011

Don't think I'd bother seeing Yes even though they are pretty awesome.

Unless they're going to promote it as a chance to marvel at Steve Howe, the living breathing and guitar-playing skeleton, that wouldn't be advisable, no.

berlinchair101 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

So far the 2011 line-up was more my thing.

But this line-up is unreal. Tops both Soundwaves and BDOs for me.

Please do yourself a favour and spend your money on anything that isn't tickets to G3

RAMONESelaar

RAMONESelaar said on the 16th Nov, 2011

Specials Melbourne show please

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 16th Nov, 2011

taking my mum to the specials as her Xmas present.

Braveheart81 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

[insert joke about/in Gregg's Mum]

Piko

Piko said on the 16th Nov, 2011

*waits for the joke*

JoeClarke

JoeClarke said on the 16th Nov, 2011

the specials. ive been waiting for this for years

Jose Cuervo said on the 16th Nov, 2011

so like 2 years since they were last here yeah?

JoeClarke

JoeClarke said on the 16th Nov, 2011

in melbourne. im in brisbane. im not buying a $300 plane ticket for 1 gig

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

I saw the specials in amsterdam this year.
I dont think the blues fest show could possibly top it.
the crowd was just too damn good and the venue is definitely the best i've ever been to in the world.
jose can back me up on this one

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 16th Nov, 2011

Wouldnt miss a chance to see Joe Satriani, why?

berlinchair101 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

Because I saw them when they came out last and it was horrendously boring. If you have a DVD of them watch that instead, it's no different.

Satriani and Vai are hacks who just want your money.

Maybe buy a ticket to My Morning Jacket instead? I know they didn't release anything in the 80's but they are as good as if not better than all your favourite classic rock bands. And even better, they're not passed their prime!

Jose Cuervo said on the 16th Nov, 2011

Satriani and Vai are hacks who just want your money.

Maybe buy a ticket to the Specials instead? I know they had their prime in the 80's but they are still as good as if not better than all your favourite classic rock bands. And even better, they're not passed their prime!

FTFY

such a sublime spliff song

berlinchair101 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

Excellent substitute is excellent.

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 16th Nov, 2011

I haven't really listened to My Morning Jacket or the Specials. Plus neither of those acts are confirmed to come here yet so I won't be lining up to get a ticket.

Braveheart81 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

I can only imagine how much you'll love music when you start listening to bands that aren't past their use by dates.

berlinchair101 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

I can't imagine you not liking them.

Just warning you that about half an hour into G3 you are going to be checking your watch and wishing you were back at Taylor Swift

MorningAfterboy said on the 16th Nov, 2011

Very excited about the return of the Specials! Easily one of the best acts of SITG '09. Would love a show at the Enmore, maybe even smaller!

Braveheart81 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

I can't imagine you not liking them.

Maybe he's keen to hear them play their seminal work, Circle Jerk on Guitar in E Minor from start to finish.

Fake Plastic Android

Fake Plastic Android said on the 16th Nov, 2011

Of course you haven't.... they didn't release an album in the 70's or 80's followed by a string of shitty albums leading to a money grabbing world tour to prop up their retirement fund due to their coke addictions dwindling away any form of savings from the last 30 plus years.

CoolRusty

CoolRusty said on the 17th Nov, 2011

How could you not have listened to The Specials? They release an album in the 70s.

Braveheart81 said on the 17th Nov, 2011

They've never hosted American Idol or The X Factor.

gumbuoy said on the 17th Nov, 2011

2 years ago they played Splendour.

In Byron.

Where Bluesfest is.

and if you've been waiting YEARS, why wouldn't you go the extra mile to melbourne for a gig?

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 17th Nov, 2011

no need to be a rude boy.

that was the best i had.

sorry.

humanracin

humanracin said on the 17th Nov, 2011

I saw The Specials in Sydney a couple of years ago but they were on even better form on this latest tour.
Saw them in Brussels in September, took a friend who didn't really know their stuff and is now converted, they tore the house up!
Only thing is they played for almost 2 hours and didn't do Ghost Town, WTF right?
The European tour was supposed to be the final shows and they were going to put the band back on the shelf, but I read that they are enjoying themselves too much.
Anyone yet to see them should definitely try to catch a Sydney show as surely this will be the last time to see them live in Australia.
Oh and to the guy from Brisbane, just fly down to Sydney, Virgin is cheap as and there is no way Bluesfest will let them play Brizzy sideshows!

Stefan Beck said on the 17th Nov, 2011

Cr1zZs casual dismissal of the Pogues and My Morning Jacket is the final nail in the coffin of his reputation.

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 17th Nov, 2011

Cr1zZ, I saw G3 in 2008 in New Plymouth, when I had the same sort of mindset towards music as yours (i.e. "classic" rock is inherently superior to all other forms of music), so I can safely advise you not to waste your money.

It seriously isn't worth it.

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 17th Nov, 2011

I either wish I was going to bluesfest for the week or that I could see all the bands I want to see in one day.

Earth Wind and Fire, Maceo Parker, The Specials and YES!

*sigh*

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 17th Nov, 2011

The Pogues arent coming here you miserable prick, hence I haven't bothered to mention them.

My Morning Jacket I have yet to listen to, give me time.

Braveheart81 said on the 17th Nov, 2011

Stefan Beck is such a miserable prick.

Fake Plastic Android

Fake Plastic Android said on the 17th Nov, 2011

Looking forward to hearing your review of At Dawn in 2034, Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 17th Nov, 2011

Not sure if you were meaning to put that in Magenta Comic Sans

berlinchair101 said on the 17th Nov, 2011

My Morning Jacket I have yet to listen to, give me time.

They might! They've proabably got til February really to announce all the individual dates.

Braveheart81 said on the 17th Nov, 2011

Why would I put it in comic sans?

I'm not 14.

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 17th Nov, 2011

Why would I put it in comic sans?

I'm not 14.

To indicate sarcasim- I thought we went over this?

I have now listened to My Morning Jacket. I listened to Golden, I'm Amazed and One big Holiday.

They are very good, for some reason I had them pegged as a more folk-music sounding band.

If they announced a show in Auckland I would probably go depending on price and the other songs on their set.

Braveheart81 said on the 17th Nov, 2011

Listen to this one too.

[youtube]3UYVJ6IraQc[/youtube]

MorningAfterboy said on the 17th Nov, 2011

These too!

berlinchair101 said on the 17th Nov, 2011

To indicate sarcasim- I thought we went over this?

They usually play for a very long time so there will be lots of other songs ha ha.

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 17th Nov, 2011

I should indicate that I am on study leave at the moment and cannot sit here watching youtube videos all day.

I will look at all of this some other time.

I only listened to them now to end the continuous stream of bitching at me about having not listened to My Morning Jacket.

Have a nice day.

Braveheart81 said on the 17th Nov, 2011

I will look at all of this some other time.

Have a nice day.

Study hard Cr1zZ. Good luck in your NCEAs.

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 17th Nov, 2011

Didn't they play for like 5 hours at Bonnaroo once?

That'd be one badass set to watch.

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 18th Nov, 2011

Hinee

Hinee said on the 10th Jan, 2012

Dear Kane,

The (very) special day to mark in the calendar is Tuesday 17th of January. It's time to give full measure to what Bluesfest 2012 is all about!

You may think we have played all our cards but there are major aces yet to be revealed!

GET READY, AS WE ARE GOING ALL OUT WITH THE 4TH ANNOUNCEMENT AND IT IS THE BIGGEST ONE YET, WITH AROUND 30+ ARTISTS TO BE ANNOUNCED, INCLUDING MAJOR HEADLINERS.

Still more to come!

Nosyt

Nosyt said on the 10th Jan, 2012

Nah more great Australian blues bands like Silverchair and The Whitlams

Nosyt

Nosyt said on the 10th Jan, 2012

That would really make it a blues festival

humanracin