St Jerome's Laneway Festival2012 lineup

St Jerome’s Laneway Festival has announced its 2012 line-up, and its overflowing with goodness. In the tradition of Laneway’s past, the festival has created a bill made up of bands we have never seen, bands we are dying to see again and one or two bands you may not have heard of.

St Jerome’s Laneway Festival 2012 line-up:
Active Child
Anna Calvi
Austra
Bullion
Chairlift (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne only)
Cults
The Drums
DZ Deathrays
EMA
Feist (except Adelaide^)
Geoffry O’Connor
Girls
Givers (Sydney, Melbourne only)
Glasser
The Horrors
Husky (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne only)
John Talabot
Jonti
Laura Marling
M83
Oneman
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
Pajama Club
The Panics
Portugal The Man (Sydney, Melbourne only)
SBTRKT (live)

Brisbane – Saturday 28th January – Alexandria Street, Fortitude Valley
Auckland – Monday 30th January – Silo Park, Beaumont Street
Melbourne – Saturday 4th February -Footscray Community Arts Centre
Sydney – Sunday 5th February – Sydney College Of The Arts
Adelaide – Friday 10th February – Fowler’s Live
Perth – Saturday 11th February – Perth Cultural Centre
Singapore – Sunday 12th February – Fort Canning (lineup announced on Oct 21st)

Comments

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Man I hope she gets an account and joins this thread

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 18th Oct, 2011

i say it to her to her face on a daily basis, this would come as no shock. you gotta break em down davey.

she's sitting next to me right now actually, she read it, tutted and went back to doing her work*

*not housework.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 18th Oct, 2011

predictions on how fast it will sell out? i'm saying both sydney and melbourne between 1 and 2 hours.

Braveheart81 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

I am in the queue.

You guys should join the Far queue. It looks shorter.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 18th Oct, 2011

while we're waiting

lol at the typo in the queue disclaimer.

Braveheart81 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Ahh. I missed it when I read it through. Still in the queue.

Jestarrr

Jestarrr said on the 18th Oct, 2011

greentix are the best tix

kaydee

kaydee said on the 18th Oct, 2011

i hate how it says *if* you get through to purchase tickets. feeding my 'sell out before i get a ticket' paranoia

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 18th Oct, 2011

got mine. party time.

shazie said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Anyone else notice they didn't go on sale at exactly 9 and it took a few minutes? All it took between me sitting down at a computer refreshing the page, then needing to hand in a major uni assignment, come back 5 mins later an waiting in the queue >_> Ah well I'm sure I'll be fine

And then gotta do this alll over again in 40 mins for Brisbane.

Jose Cuervo said on the 18th Oct, 2011

got mine. party time.

FUCK YOU GUY

Jestarrr

Jestarrr said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Got mine - was really contemplating pulling out and just going to future at one point there :P

shazie said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Future... over laneway? o.O

*head asplode*

Jestarrr

Jestarrr said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Future... over laneway? o.O

*head asplode*

Future lineup is sorta underated this year methinks, but I'll just go to both

Jose Cuervo said on the 18th Oct, 2011

One good act doesnt make it worth it

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 18th Oct, 2011

did anyone get some headphones on their way??

Jose Cuervo said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Got straight through on my mobile

Jestarrr

Jestarrr said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Rapture, Aphex, LCD DJ's, Die Antwoord and I'm a fan of Azari and Ill. And I'll admit I'd definitely see Fatboy Slim if there was nothing else on.
I also haven't seen the wombat's live for a few weeks now.

shazie said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Really? I'm on a uni computer and my mobile and still waiting.

Lucky

Jose Cuervo said on the 18th Oct, 2011

My laptop was taking for ever and the mobile went through instantly

Braveheart81 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

What address did you use on the mobile? Same one your browser was pointing at (i.e. the queue)?

Jaaaaaccckk

Jaaaaaccckk said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Of course today was the day my internet went down but got through in about 15 mins on my mobile. Very excited for my first Laneway, I've heard a lot of good things but I had no idea there was this much demand for tickets.

ThatDude123 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Even better: someone post a jump link to the sale page

Jose Cuervo said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Yeah, went into my email, clicked the link it gave me and it went straight through*

*Note: this is for the melb one

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 18th Oct, 2011

just for fun i tried going through again. there's no queue now.

shazie said on the 18th Oct, 2011

For the melbourn one? Sydney one still has a queue =/ trying on comp, ipad and 2 mobile phones...

kaydee

kaydee said on the 18th Oct, 2011

got em. phew.

can start the work day now.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 18th Oct, 2011

now we await the feist/horrors clash, it's gonna happen, we all know it deep down.

Jose Cuervo said on the 18th Oct, 2011

I'd say sbtrkt will headline a stage too

shazie said on the 18th Oct, 2011

We know M83 will be closing the main stage at least.

Also, stillllll waiting... Some peopel are just jumping on now and are able to get through straight away?

I call shennanigans!

Jaaaaaccckk

Jaaaaaccckk said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Has there been anything said about SBTRKT headlining a stage or just a guess? SBTRKT and M83 clash would be pretty lame.

Jaaaaaccckk

Jaaaaaccckk said on the 18th Oct, 2011

We know M83 will be closing the main stage at least.

I call shennanigans!

Try clicking the 'buy tickets' button again in a different tab. It said I was in the queue on my phone but not much was happening so I hit the button again in another window and went straight through.

Jose Cuervo said on the 18th Oct, 2011

I dont think he would be suited to daylight is my theory. Will report back on him after this sat

humanracin

humanracin said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Woohoo, got my tickets instantly!
First ever Laneway here I come :)

I really hope I get to see whole sets by Laura, Feist and The Horrors, thinking maybe M83 will clash with one of the last 2, but will check them out if not.

shazie said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Woohoo, got my tickets instantly!
First ever Laneway here I come :)

wtf really? STILL waiting for sydney tickets =/

Clicked on for Brisbane tickets though and only waited couple minutes 'n have at least bought those tickets so far

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 18th Oct, 2011

must see: feist, laura marling, the horrors, yuck, cults, portugal the man, and givers. no clashes kthnxbai

Braveheart81 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

wtf really? STILL waiting for sydney tickets =/

Try opening a different browser or something.

When I reopen the ticket page I get through straight away now.

shazie said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Ok ok the lucky winner out of all of that was.... My iPad 1 because it accidentally refreshed the page when I was trying something else on it because it doesn't has much RAM..

Doesn't make sense! But either way, have Syd 'n Bris so clashes should hopefully be very minimal :)

Good luck anyone else still trying! Now to go to my tute that I'm running 1 hour 20 mins late for..

shazie said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Try opening a different browser or something.

When I reopen the ticket page I get through straight away now.

Yeah I tried that and all the other suggesting, didn't seem to work for me unfortunately.

...oh and now my mobile has got through after just buying tickets, hahah.

Braveheart81 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

This is another reason why ticket queuing systems are stupid and people should just use Ticketmaster or Ticketek.

What's the point of a queue if it doesn't actually work properly?

anonymousguy90

anonymousguy90 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Surely m83, the horrors, feist and laura marling will all play main stage and therefore not clash with each other.

shazie said on the 18th Oct, 2011

What's the point of a queue if it doesn't actually work properly?

People people!..

The harder you push

the faster the line will move!

Braveheart81 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

I wouldn't be surprised if something amongst them clashed.

Laneway always has lots of clashes.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 18th Oct, 2011

theres certainly going to be some sort of devastating clash, and then their sideshow dates will be on the same day knowing my luck.

ThatDude123 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Done, ticket bought. Not for me though.

Pulling the ultimate hipster card/white whine here but going through the annual summer festival ticketing shitfest for a friend once was enough. If I'm going to any festival this summer it will only be if I can get tickets easily and at my own convenience.

shazie said on the 18th Oct, 2011

We need a hipster Cr1zz to predict the set times for us!

Either that or wait a couple years when he inevidabley turns into hipster Cr1zz

ThatDude123 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

Haven you seen his musical tastes? In a few years he'll be predicting Day on the Green set times, Bluesfest at best

Braveheart81 said on the 18th Oct, 2011

I look forward to the day when Cr1zZ wants to see legendary hipster bands like Neutral Milk Hotel instead of legendary bands that now host American Idol.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 19th Oct, 2011

was thinking about doing Horrors and Laura Marling sideshows. but my bank account is about to lodge an AVO against me. so i think i'll stick to Laura only.

jana80

jana80 said on the 19th Oct, 2011

yeah, don't let the no friends thing stop you going! I'd rather go alone than miss out altogether. All of my friends have different taste in music to me so I've been gigging alone for years now. Festivals can be fun by yourself, you get to see whoever you want although by the end of the day/weekend I'm usually left wishing I had someone to experience it with (besides the random friends). Last year I did Sunset Sounds, BDO & Splendour by myself - heaps of fun but Splendour would've been super awesome with mates as it was just so fucking good last year.

This Summer I'll be doing Harvest & Laneway by myself, unless there are any Brissy FL'ers that wouldn't mind an extra hanger-on'er? :D

As a lone wolf I'd just like to say why the fuck would having nobody to go with deter you from going to a music based festival?

This :)

david10d

david10d said on the 19th Oct, 2011

just got my ticket.

this will be my first laneway and probably my first live experience when i turn 18 haha.

jana80

jana80 said on the 19th Oct, 2011

well that's a pretty awesome first 18+ live music experience! I wish mine had of been that good, pretty sure my first 18+ gig (if you can call it that) was some dodgy cover band at the local pub.

I vividly remember my first ever 'real' gig though, The Presidents of the USA at Bris festival hall with Custard supporting. At 15yo, that was pretty ace :D

ThatDude123 said on the 19th Oct, 2011

tickets are still on sale.

the 2011/2012 festival season is selling pretty damn slowly.

shazie said on the 19th Oct, 2011

I for one blame Kanye West for the slow sales of every festival

ThatDude123 said on the 19th Oct, 2011

Come hang with me/Jose/mondo/gumbuoy. I promise only a 30% chance of sexual harassment.

shazie said on the 19th Oct, 2011

And me, don't forget old Lenny.

edit: I just realised you're talking about the bris harvest. Nevermind..

Still, shall hang at Sydney one!

jana80

jana80 said on the 19th Oct, 2011

:eek:

So...13.3% chance per person - hmm, I think I can risk those odds :p

but thanks man, that'd be cool! :D

david10d

david10d said on the 19th Oct, 2011

any rough indications when the tickets will run out? me and a mate rushed to get ours but we still have one more deciding.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 19th Oct, 2011

it's late in NZ so CriZz is probably asleep. so i'll take his job. i'm predicting 23rd of October 2012 at 1745AEST.

neuroticwill

neuroticwill said on the 19th Oct, 2011

By this stage last year, Sydney had sold out and the only tickets for Melbourne were at stores.

They did put up their prices, but I wouldn't leave it for too much longer.

anonymousguy90

anonymousguy90 said on the 21st Oct, 2011

WU LYF sideshow dates on their website.

2nd February - Prince Bandroom, Melbourne
6th February - Metro Theatre, Sydney

Pretty keen to see them in Melbourne.

Jose Cuervo said on the 22nd Oct, 2011

Metro seems a lil ambitious, they couldn't even get the FBI social half full for 10 bucks

Jaaaaaccckk

Jaaaaaccckk said on the 22nd Oct, 2011

While I don't think they'll sell out Metro, I'd say they've gotten a lot bigger since they were here for Vivid.

Jose Cuervo said on the 22nd Oct, 2011

I honestly wouldnt of thought they were bigger than OAF....but here we are

Also, SBTRKT live is really heavy, going to see how it goes down at laneway, not something i would of thought would fit into the line up, but I guess we'll see

Quicky

Quicky said on the 10th Nov, 2011

Any hope for All ages Laura Marling or Horrors shows at the Metro?

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 10th Nov, 2011

i would expect Laura to do the Enmore this time around. she sold out Metro and Factory last time she was here and her 3rd album was very well received so i think a step up is necessary. going by her fan base i think an all ages show would be most likely.

the horrors at metro seems likely. no idea about age restrictions.

if the festival had sold out these sideshows would've been announced by now. foals, two door and yeasayer had all announced their sideshows by this stage last year.

Quicky

Quicky said on the 16th Nov, 2011

This :)

I pretty much did BDO by myself this year. It was so much easier and better than in 2010 and I loved it. I really fucked that day I went in 2010. I saw the wrong bands, took a bag (worst choice), lost my friend, missed Lily Allen.

Fake Plastic Android

Fake Plastic Android said on the 16th Nov, 2011

because missing Lily Allen is the biggest fuck up you can make in life...

berlinchair101 said on the 16th Nov, 2011

Lilly Allen was awesome.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 20th Nov, 2011

you obviously don't appreciate serious side boob action.

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 20th Nov, 2011

I had enjoyed Lily Allen's set at BDO.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 20th Nov, 2011

missing lily allen at bdo, if you were a fan and hadn't seen her before, would be a pretty big deal, considering she quit music altogether not that long after.

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 20th Nov, 2011

Lily was totally boss, even though (or maybe because?) she was obviously drunk.

tyler07 said on the 20th Nov, 2011

I saw Lily twice in 2010 (BDO and sideshow). She was amazing. I miss her :(

shazie said on the 20th Nov, 2011

Never thought I'd see lily mentioned so heavily in a laneway thread.

Also, don't like her. Have seen her twice (at 2010 bdo while waiting for mars volta to come on) and she just annoys me.

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 20th Nov, 2011

Annoying?

bjw1

bjw1 said on the 20th Nov, 2011

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 20th Nov, 2011

I'm being taken over by the rear.

shazie said on the 20th Dec, 2011

Wu Lyf pull out of Laneway :(

Due to unforeseen circumstances, WU LYF have been forced to cancel their appearance at the Laneway Festival 2012, as well as their Sydney and Melbourne shows this February. The band and promoter sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. For info on how to get refunds for sideshows tickets purchased, visit our sideshows site: http://lanewayfestival.com.au/sideshows

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 20th Dec, 2011

was looking forward to seeing them at Laneway. i really enjoyed their debut album but not too fussed by this news. plenty of other great acts still to see.

bjw1

bjw1 said on the 20th Dec, 2011

international replacements, local replacements or longer set times?

Stefan Beck said on the 21st Dec, 2011

Even better!

With the withdrawal of Wu Lyf the festival is going for more of a "Classic Laneway" feel and cancelling half the other bands and going to half as many cities!

ThatDude123 said on the 21st Dec, 2011

They'll then reveal in a candid interview that they offered Portishead $6 million to headline but they declined.

shazie said on the 4th May, 2012

Laneway is curating a stage at Field Day in London again, possible clues? I know it's still quite early, but hey everythign seems to be getting rumours for next year's festivals..

Blood Orange

Kindness
Sleigh Bells
Spector
Summer Camp
Two Jackals
The Vaccines

Last year they had Jamie Woon, Mount Kimbie, James Blake, The Horrors, Connan Mockasin and 2:54 on that Field day stage - so a grand total of ONE clue!

berlinchair101 said on the 4th May, 2012

Blood Orange
Errors
Here We Go Magic
Kindness
Sleigh BellsSpector
Summer Camp
Two Jackals
The Vaccines

I predict that some shit bands will play.

shazie said on the 4th May, 2012

So by that logic the list for this year equals one clue? That doesn't mean it's going to be one clue this year. Could be one or 2 more, could be 0, it's just giving an idea of the types of acts Laneway would be looking at (I doubt they'd put The Vaccines on the lineup). It's not like it was a huge list anyways.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I want Errors to come. :P

grattan said on the 4th May, 2012

Err... no. Just saying that the Field Day lineup hasn't exactly an indicator for Laneway in any way at all.

There are 146 more comments. View them all