Eminem tour dates confirmed

Update – 2/11/11:
Although there has been no word on the rumoured Brisbane show, Eminem has added a second Sydney show to his tour.
Update – 12/10/11:
According to brisbanetimes.com.au a Brisbane show has now been added to the tour. However the promoters Dainty Group have warned that “the BRISBANE show has NOT been confirmed as yet….what you’re reading is all just rumours at the moment. The official notification will come from us if / when it goes ahead.”

It’s finally official – Eminem will be making his long awaited return to Australia in December.

There have been plenty of rumours since the news ‘leaked’ last week, but now the first date has officially been confirmed with will Eminem, Lil Wayne, the Hilltop Hoods and more playing a six-hour hip hop spectacular in Melbourne and Sydney.

Promoter Paul Dainty says he expects no trouble from the headline rappers, telling the Herald Sun that “It’s all very professional and there are no problems. We are in a different space with Eminem than we were 10 years ago. He’s crossed over to the mainstream and become a pop-culture icon.”

The promoters have also confirmed that the Eminem concerts will be all ages, but they have cautioned the the shows are for “mature audiences and the general admission standing areas are not recommended for children under the age of 15.”

Eminem, Lil Wayne tour:
Thursday 1st December – Ethiad Stadium, Melbourne Sold Out
Friday 2nd December – Sydney Football Stadium Sold Out
Sunday 4th December – Sydney Football Stadium
Monday 5th December – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (rumoured)

Tickets to the new Sydney show on sale on Wednesday 16th November

Comments

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 6th Sep, 2011

but then you had people who paid $180 for their seats and ended up with pretty shit views. the decent seats started from $210.

tyler07 said on the 6th Sep, 2011

Yes... But I was up the front brushin' dirt off ma shoulders and throwing up my diamond for my boy Jay Z.

I'm white, and it makes me sad...

MorningAfterboy said on the 6th Sep, 2011

Feel no shame, Tyler. My diamond in the sky did not go down the entire set.

grattan said on the 13th Sep, 2011

Melbourne show totally sold out in 30mins.

shazie said on the 13th Sep, 2011

Would not feel bad scalping sydney tickets..

01seb

01seb said on the 13th Sep, 2011

so tempting to scalp Sydney show haha

Braveheart81 said on the 13th Sep, 2011

There will also be a spike in sales of Fila and Adidas tracksuits.

That and bum bags.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 13th Sep, 2011

There will also be a spike in sales of Fila and Adidas tracksuits.

That and bum bags.

mate get with the times. its all about Canterbury shorts these days.

grattan said on the 13th Sep, 2011

Both Etihad Stadium (60,000) and Sydney Football Stadium (50,000) sold out in under 30 mins each.

How exactly did Ed Hardy fail in this world?

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 13th Sep, 2011

Someone was saying touring Eminem wouldn't be profitable as he'd never be able to fill a stadium....

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 13th Sep, 2011

Also, forgot to buy tickets. DAMMIT

crob said on the 13th Sep, 2011

30 min. whoever thought white trash could be so organized....

ThatDude123 said on the 14th Sep, 2011

I present the wisdom of Jimbob...

Braveheart81 said on the 14th Sep, 2011

Evidence that young people are getting dumber.

ThatDude123 said on the 14th Sep, 2011

I thought yearly BDO sales proved as much?

shazie said on the 14th Sep, 2011

That will forever remain as one of life's greatest mysteries

crob said on the 14th Sep, 2011

i just checked e-bay prices... looks like anyone who wants to see Lil Wayne just has to wait out till closer to the date n get cheap tixs from scalpers desperate to offload...

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 14th Sep, 2011

^ Why do you say that? Is there an inundation of tickets on Ebay?

Jose Cuervo said on the 14th Sep, 2011

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 14th Sep, 2011

section 51!! that is ridiculous. can you buy stuff on ebay directly through your centrelink account?

grattan said on the 26th Sep, 2011

Looks like a third show will be announced soon.

01seb

01seb said on the 26th Sep, 2011

This week?

Please tell me they haven't booked a Brisbane show....we miss out on most good shows, so please let us miss out on some bad ones as well

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 26th Sep, 2011

*fingers crossed* for townsville!!

if it's good enough for GnR then it's good enough for Eminem.

benr3

benr3 said on the 27th Sep, 2011

this interview doesn't sound overly promising though :confused:

grattan said on the 27th Sep, 2011

Maybe not, but the tip comes from the Dainty Facebook page so it would be incredibly odd if it didn't happen.

benr3

benr3 said on the 27th Sep, 2011

Cool, the interview is about a week old so maybe something has been confirmed since then....

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 11th Oct, 2011

Brisbane added

Eminem has added Brisbane to his upcoming Australian stadium tour, despite previous reports the city had been left off the list. brisbanetimes.com.au has learnt an announcement will be made soon about a show at Suncorp Stadium on December 5.

The rapper's new gig comes after more than 4000 people joined a Facebook page called “500,000 likes for Eminem to come to Brisbane”. About a month ago, promoters announced Eminem would perform at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne on December 1 and the Sydney Football Stadium on December 2.

It is 10 years since Eminem last toured Australia. It is understood tickets to the Brisbane show will go on sale on October 21.

Hinee

Hinee said on the 11th Oct, 2011

U2 at Suncorp was mind blowing. Will attend for sure.

gumbuoy said on the 11th Oct, 2011

Yeah, we're not good at maths up here.

grattan said on the 12th Oct, 2011

Dainty Group: Listen up Eminem fans.....the BRISBANE show has NOT been confirmed as yet....what you're reading is all just rumours at the moment. The official notification will come from us if / when it goes ahead.

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 12th Oct, 2011

I know it's meant to be on the 5th but I hope they put it on the 4th just to fuck all the stereosonic kids. LMFAO or Eminem? Hardest choice some of them will have ever had to make.

benr3

benr3 said on the 25th Oct, 2011

Lil Wayne headline shows.

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lil-Wayne-I-Am-Still-Music-Australia-2011/275753909132214?sk=wall"]Face Book Tour Page

Perth - 25th November - Burswood Dome

Adelaide - 27th November - AEC

Melbourne - 29th November - Rod Laver Arena

berlinchair101 said on the 25th Oct, 2011

That's a funny looking Sydney

grattan said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

Second Sydney show added. Still no love for Brisbane.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

this should piss off a lot of people who bought tix off ebay! hahahah

Hinee

Hinee said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

Balls. Was pretty keen to see him at suncorp. oh well... maybe in his re-relapse-recovery tour in 10 more years.

crob said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

i wonder if he could sell out 2 days... and if it clashes with homebake

berlinchair101 said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

I fucking hate that picture of him with his hand out. It makes me want to hit him with a chair. A berlin chair.

MorningAfterboy said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

Homebake's on the 3rd.

Anyone seen a recent setlist?

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

his most recent performance was a festival one back in August.

his last non-festival show was last september at yankee stadium (which makes these australian dates all the more surprising and impressive)

crob said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

just saw that its on the 4th... may go if i can last minute cheap tixs on eBay

berlinchair101 said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

Shitty set list is shitty

MorningAfterboy said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Really want to see Weezy.

berlinchair101 said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

If i went it would to just see lil' Wayne.

"Hi, my name is Eminem and I bring Dr Dre out and then don't perform What's the Difference, Forgot About Dre or Guilty Concience. Derp."

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

On the 3rd or 4th?!?! PLEASE BE ON THE 4TH EVERY EVENT EVER IS ON THE 3RD

MorningAfterboy said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

It's called a scroll button, dipshit.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

The article says Saturday the 4th. Saturday is the 3rd. I don't trust your ranting

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 2nd Nov, 2011

I'm wondering whether the "Lose Yourself Tour" title means that he'll be focusing less on his newer material... Though that's probably a bit wishful.

misscarlie

misscarlie said on the 6th Nov, 2011

oh yeah! i am going! cannot wait! have loved eminem since i was 13! oh ... p.s. fans, he is doing a second syd show now!!!!!

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 10th Nov, 2011

pre sale for sydney night 2 started about 9hrs ago. tickets to all areas still available. i was expecting another instant sellout.

Stefan Beck said on the 10th Nov, 2011

Thank fuck I didn't go through with my plan to buy a fuckton of tickets and scalp them.

Braveheart81 said on the 10th Nov, 2011

I'm guessing the fortnightly Centrelink payment came through yesterday so ticket sales should be high today.

oldgregg

oldgregg said on the 10th Nov, 2011

and with that it looks as though many children of recent teenage preganancy will be having imaginary Christmas this year.

Braveheart81 said on the 10th Nov, 2011

Two shows at the Sydney Football Stadium... That's now two nights where I'll have to defend my property from hooligans. Thankfully I have offstreet parking.

benr3

benr3 said on the 25th Nov, 2011

Tix are now $99 from here.

MorningAfterboy said on the 25th Nov, 2011

Rear standing section? I'll pass.

ThatDude123 said on the 25th Nov, 2011

Combined with the under-18s LMFAO party at the Hordern/RHI, next Friday at Moore Park will be Day of the Slurries.

crob said on the 25th Nov, 2011

walk the streets Phoenix Jones style, dealing out street justice to any inbred shit that you see "tagging" cars

Jose Cuervo said on the 25th Nov, 2011

So everyone he sees on those nights

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 25th Nov, 2011

I just paid 160 for this! Grr

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 25th Nov, 2011

Poor form Dave. You should of just jumped the fence, that's about how much this concert is worth.

Jose Cuervo said on the 25th Nov, 2011

Hey Dave, subsonic was cheaper and better

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 25th Nov, 2011

They 10 year old in me would still pay almost anything to go to an Eminem concert... and I can't go to Subsonic

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 2nd Dec, 2011

So I picked up a $60 ticket for Sunday night. Pretty shitty seats, but I wasn't really prepared to pay much more.

Does anyone know what Weezy's sets were like in Melbourne (if he showed up)? Or what the concert itself was like?

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 2nd Dec, 2011

I am so wishing I got a cheaper ticket than what I did for this... oh well should be fun anyway

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 4th Dec, 2011

My childhood just died a little inside

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 4th Dec, 2011

Nah he was alright, he just hardly played any of his old stuff... and I had no idea how much utter shit he has participated in in the last 5 years or so. And the crowd definitely doesn't come from the same era of Eminem I did... example:

When he played the shitty airplanes song that I forgot he was in the crowd went wild and sung every word

When he played The Way I Am and (half of) Stan you could hear a pin drop.

When he played 'Til I Collapse and did a shout out to Nate Dogg everyone was like "lawl hu da fuq is dat karnt?"

The most enthusiatic response was for him rapping over some Bruno Mars song... Rihanna is one thing but Bruno Mars? Really? Who are you Em?!

Also the sound was atrocious I couldn't hear anything he was saying when people weren't silent

At least he played Kill You, which was awesome

berlinchair101 said on the 4th Dec, 2011

When he played The Way I Am and (half of) Stan you could hear a pin drop.

At least he played Kill You, which was awesome

Eminem has two great records, one decent one and a whole bunch of shit ones.

I also heard he only played for 1hr and 10 mins. What a puss.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 5th Dec, 2011

had about half a dozen mates at the show on friday and they're all calling it the greatest thing they've ever seen. mind you none of them go to more than a couple of shows a year so they're not the most reliable judges and i think it has more to do with the fact that they've "seen" eminem rather than the quality of the performance.

ThatDude123 said on the 5th Dec, 2011

Good friend of mine got a random front GA ticket three hours before the Sunday gig, saw 30 mins of Eminem, walked out.

Everyone else that I know who went thought Recovery was the best thing since sliced bread so I can't trust their opinion tbh.

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 5th Dec, 2011

Still don't know why people still went to this when all signs pointed to shit.

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 5th Dec, 2011

So yeah my $65 last minute seats were unsuprisingly about a kilometre away from the stage. My friend and I mainly went to see Weezy, and it was a bit devastating that we missed the first 15 minutes of his set waiting in the huge line to collect our tickets (we bought them only 2 days earlier; couldn't be posted). I thought it was kind of funny how many people in the line were there to buy tickets, "hoping that it didn't sell out before they got to the end". I wonder if they've heard of the internet.

Weezy was positive and energetic. He had a couple of ramps set up on stage and was skating around (he can barely skate if you're wondering). The sound was a bit muffled, so I couldn't really make out a lot of the words. It was fun though.

When Em came out he played Won't Back Down first (one of his new tracks that I like). He was energetic and focused. It does show that he's clean nowadays. He played some older tracks, although he only did one or two verses for most them (and only doing the first 3 verses of Stan was just silly). Where as he would do the complete song for all of the new stuff (I guess he was worried that the teenagers in the audience would get bored during the older stuff.) It was really apparent how much of his new stuff is commercial-radio-pandering trash with no artistic merit. Airplanes, Love the Way You Lie, I Need a Doctor; have we got enough tacky r'n'b choruses placed around disjointed, angry sounding raps? He used to have a bit of rhythm, wordplay and humour in his raps. Which was apparent when he did the My Name Is / Real Slim Shady / Without Me medley.

It was pretty cool when Royce da 5'9" came out and they did Fast Lane. However they did Lighters after that and cancelled out the awesome.

Jose Cuervo said on the 5th Dec, 2011

Did he try to sing during the show? He tried it at titp and it was horrific

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 5th Dec, 2011

Eminem has two great records, one decent one and a whole bunch of shit ones.

I also heard he only played for 1hr and 10 mins. What a puss.

He played for about 1 hr 30. Great Monkey's review is spot on. Except the only Royce Da 5 9 collab I know is Rock City and they didn't play that song so it was disappointing. It really would have been great to hear more old stuff. I feel really unsatisfied after that. He had the energy that you could tell he was clean but the genuine agro is gone. Bruno Mars wtf is that

MorningAfterboy said on the 5th Dec, 2011

You've never heard the song Bad Meets Evil? It's awesome.

crob said on the 5th Dec, 2011

did he play Bad Meets Evil? ... one of my fav

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 5th Dec, 2011

This was the one they played

and Lighters.

haha. He mostly just lip synched the choruses with him singing. There was one moment where the singing got particularly high, and he just sort of put the microphone down and giggled at his attempt to sing it.

therat

therat said on the 6th Dec, 2011

haha

chrisdsingh

chrisdsingh said on the 6th Dec, 2011

lil wayne was terrible, didn't do anything pre-carter iii - capable performer but the set list was complete dog shit, the fans ate it up though they loved it - they might as well love rebecca black (the probably secretly do)

eminem was good but his set list could have used more older stuff. royce should have been given at least one solo track too. lighters is decent with a bruno mars-driven song though.

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Dec, 2011

Eminem is shit. The sound guy was doing you a favour.

chrisdsingh

chrisdsingh said on the 6th Dec, 2011

yeah! and rap should be spelt c.rap.

lol amirite??? lol!!! lollllllll!!!

Jose Cuervo said on the 6th Dec, 2011

Berlin is right though, eminem is shit

berlinchair101 said on the 6th Dec, 2011

yeah! and rap should be spelt c.rap.

lol amirite??? lol!!! lollllllll!!!

Not at all. Eminem used to make very good and interesting music, now he makes impotent and banal music and is barely a shadow of his former self live.

There is still an absolute wealth of amazing rap music out there made by people who aren't Eminem though.

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 6th Dec, 2011

Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LPs are where it's at. Eminem Show is alright, but everything else is total ass.

chrisdsingh

chrisdsingh said on the 6th Dec, 2011

i don't see how anyone who knows anything about that genre would think eminem is shit (pre-eminem show) without some sort of bias.

oh well.

chrisdsingh

chrisdsingh said on the 6th Dec, 2011

not at all. eminem used to make very good and interesting music, now he makes impotent and banal music and is barely a shadow of his former self live.

there is still an absolute wealth of amazing rap music out there made by people who aren't eminem though.

i admit a bad assumption :)

There are 46 more comments. View them all