Image for Soundwave Revolution headliners to be announced on Monday

Soundwave Revolutionheadliners to be announced onMonday

Update:
According to Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah – “Top 4 bands are considered headline acts. We have announced #1 (VH) and #4 (Alice Cooper) and left #2 & #3 for 2nd announcement.” So stay tuned for at least TWO major announcements! There will be 7 or 8 bands on the announcement.

The announcement was scheduled for Monday night, but was postponed to Wednesday 3rd August at 10pm. However just hours before the extra bands were to be revealed Maddah announced on Twitter – “I am sorry, once again there will be no announcement this evening”.

The second major Soundwave Revolution lineup announcement due next Monday (August 1st) is going to be huge, if we’re willing to believe the festival’s promoter AJ Maddah.

When asked on Twitter recently if there are any main stage bands on the second announcement the festival’s promoter AJ Maddah replied with an emphatic “Oh yes!” and now we know that the second announcement won’t be just any main stage band – it’ll be the a headline act.

The Twitter addicted festival promoter confirmed the amazing news by tweeting that “We’re announcing [the Soundwave 2012] line-up at Revolution. Between the set of the yet to be announced headiner and V[an] H[alen].”

It’s possible that Maddah’s recent scouting trip to Sonisphere could provide a clue to the identity of this mystery headliner. On returning home from the festival Maddah announced that ”2 out of the 3 big ones” he was chasing from the lineup have been booked in to tour. The Sonisphere lineup included Metallica, Biffy Clyro, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Megadeth, Anthrax and Opeth.

Weezer was also on the Sonisphere lineup, but Maddah says he given up on Rivers Cuomo ever coming back to Australia, although apparently we’ll still see “an hour of Weezer” at Revolution. Maddah has also ruled out Aerosmith as a possible headliner as Revolution “already has Van Halen”.

The Twitter comment about the Revolution headliner also confirms that the Soundwave 2012 lineup won’t be announced until the Revolution tour is underway, but if the announcement comes between the headlining acts on the first stop on the Revolution tour in Brisbane we’ll could find out who’s coming for the February edition of Soundwave as early as Saturday 24th September.

Until then there’ll of course be plenty of rumours and speculation about the lineup. So far we’ve seen CKY announce that they’re playing the festival next year and Trivium recently told us that they’ll “probably be down next summer for a festival like Soundwave or maybe a headlining tour.” When asked about Trivium booking a spot on the Soundwave tour Maddah declared that “Trivium are family. If they want to play SW12, it is as good as done”.

Fueling the flames of speculation, Maddah has also noted that he’s “sure” Taking Back Sunday will be here in the next 6 months because “they love their Aus[sie] fans and it’ll be a priority for them.” He has also confirmed that he is planning a tour for Swedish metal band In Flames.

READ FASTERLOUDER’S GUIDE TO SOUNDWAVE REVOLUTION

Comments

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 4th Aug, 2011

disclaimer : i've decided to take heavy anti-depressants before reading/posting on this thread. makes the whole experience more bearable.

Sharing is caring Mister

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 4th Aug, 2011

soundwave let alone get a artist two years in a rowand it won't be all triple m orientated metal bands as saves the day are also playing/being announced chumps.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 4th Aug, 2011

dude i snorted a lot of shit before i read that and it still didnt make any sense. what the hell are you saying?

Braveheart81 said on the 4th Aug, 2011

Is gman a bit high today?

He's made a couple of posts that have been a bit incomprehensible .

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 4th Aug, 2011

it means slash won't play and i highly doubt they'll have a all heavy/mainstream final 8 bands man.

bscheffers

bscheffers said on the 4th Aug, 2011

i read somewhere that only 1 band was metal out of the final 7-8, not sure how legit that is though.

Napoleon Solo said on the 4th Aug, 2011

Boysetsfire, if I keep saying it, it might happen.

I agree with Gareth, Saves the Day is almost definite, Two Tongues? Taking Back Sunday would make me happy also.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 4th Aug, 2011

yeah tweets give away saves the day like the aerosmith picture gallery did with them, i'd say taking back sunday might be due to the fact that they are doing a world tour with thursday right now.brand new would be a nay couldn't see them getting on with aj.

Stnkfst

Stnkfst said on the 4th Aug, 2011

weren't aerosmith ruled out due to "already having van halen" and as for taking back sunday aren't they already on the 2012 bill?

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 4th Aug, 2011

I'm a guy moron.

I agree with berlinchair. All of those bands could headline above alice, excluding biffy clyro.

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 4th Aug, 2011

Yeah theyre ruled out. There's no way in hell theyre below van halen anyway. I'm guessing (yes this is a prediction) they'll headline soundwave 2012 based on current dates and recording status.

Aerosmith are undeniably huge.

ZePpLiNs666

ZePpLiNs666 said on the 4th Aug, 2011

Aerosmith are undeniably huge.

They are massive. However, even though I listen to their music, I may just see their set for a few minutes before deciding whether I stay or I go to another set.

batdan

batdan said on the 4th Aug, 2011

Aerosmith can stay the fuck away from Soundwave. They are more suited SWR.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 4th Aug, 2011

I think it's something about an oriental man named roland who listens to triple m, but I'm not 100% on that

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 4th Aug, 2011

Thats true. Its just the timing suits, based on the South America/Japanese dates at the moment. Plus I'd consider them heavier than Van Halen.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 4th Aug, 2011

Aerosmith are undeniably huge.

doesn't it clash with american idol :)

berlinchair101 said on the 4th Aug, 2011

It clashes with them being tired and washed up.

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 4th Aug, 2011

Idols finished and they didnt play, they havent lost any respect from me for the whole idol thing. Steve Tyler did a bit but being fair at least he's qualified to judge.

And they will never be tired and washed up. Plus I havent seen them yet, its fine if its somone who has seen them in the past to bag on them but its different for those of us who've never got a chance.

berlinchair101 said on the 4th Aug, 2011

They have been tired and washed up since they started bringing in song writers to ensure they made hits.

Seriously, Toys in the Attic and Rocks aside they are pretty lame.

batdan

batdan said on the 4th Aug, 2011

More punk, less cock rock please.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 4th Aug, 2011

Well all I'll say is that the guy is a massive letch. The way he's flirting with some of those kids is outrageous, so I looked him up on wikipedia and lo and behold he's got a history of it - back in the day he managed to get some guy to sign over guardianship of his underage daughter.

So....yeah you could say I lost a little respect for him over that whole thing.

therat

therat said on the 4th Aug, 2011

Agree with BC, Aerosmith are has beens but then again that fits in nicely with a fair chunk of the other bands.

Machine Head will be the best live act there for anyone that doesn't have a gunt.

Stefan Beck said on the 4th Aug, 2011

Except for right now.
When they are.
And have been.
For several decades.

Aerosmith are the worst Rolling Stones cover band in the world.

Braveheart81 said on the 4th Aug, 2011

[youtube]_J9GWsF_BAo[/youtube]

I don't want to miss a thing... except Aerosmith.

Aerosmith have been celebrating lameness for about the last 20 years.

Jose Cuervo said on the 4th Aug, 2011

At least they have a sick custom guitar

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Ok so I'm the only person on faster louder who likes Aerosmith. I shall now keep that quiet.

Moving alone, is there any new information on when the announcement might be?

berlinchair101 said on the 5th Aug, 2011

You don't have to keep it quiet. Plenty of people like stuff that plenty of others think is the worst.

You're allowed to have your opinion, just like everyone is allowed to have theirs.

Aerosmith are pretty shit though.

therat

therat said on the 5th Aug, 2011

I like SClub7 and any bitch that says they be shit I slap that mutha fucka down.

Napoleon Solo said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Aerosmith circa 71-89 are great. "Dream On" is one of my favorite rock songs of all time. If there was no clash I'd see them.

Braveheart81 said on the 5th Aug, 2011

I think the point where it all went pear shaped was the album with Livin' on the Edge.

Falling over the edge would have been more appropriate.

They've been like Bon Jovi ever since. Except Bon Jovi does slightly fewer ballads.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Yeah Burn My Eyes was only about 15 years ago right, compared to Aerosmith's good (better) stuff being about 30 odd years ago.

Whatever happened to Logan Madder and his crazy tatts

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 5th Aug, 2011

I just had a slight out of body experience. AJ actually announces the new bands for SWR and the 2nd headliner is SClub7. Vengaboys are coming to Australia I guess anythings possible.

Dream On is one of my favourites also.

I agree that Bon Jovi went downhill but I'm still proud Jon Bon Jovi gave me his guitar pick last year.

Braveheart81 said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Do you like any bands which aren't well past their use by date?

therat

therat said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Yeah Burn My Eyes was their first album 15 years ago, your point? They did release what was the metal album of the year in 2007 and Unto the Locust, a highly anticipated album is out in september this year. So if you're suggesting that like Aerosmith they're best is well and truely behind them I'd guess again

berlinchair101 said on the 5th Aug, 2011

I'm not a big metal head at all but I was always under the impression Machine Head were fairly consistant with top quality releases.

Napoleon Solo said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Maybe compared to other Metal releases, I stopped listening to them after The Burning Red.

shazie said on the 5th Aug, 2011

The song they recently released this year for the new album was great.

Also, gotta love Dream On.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Hey relax, I'm just a dude on the internet who likes winding people up

if it's any consolation I'm like this in person also

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Two responses:

First- to me classics don't have a used by date. I would pay all sorts of money to see Led-Zeppelin reform without John Bonham, to me theyre still legendary.

Second- yes I like some more recent bands, depending on your definition of still new. Big Muse, Cage the Elephant, Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures, Queens of the Stone Age, Black Keys fan. There's more but I'm just saying I do listen to more recent bands.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 5th Aug, 2011

i'm betting the getaway plan will be the token australian band, and tbs for soundwave 12 where did you hear that? the only decent thing steven tyler has done this decade is punch charlie harper out.

bscheffers

bscheffers said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Two responses:

I rekon some so called 'Classics' do have a use by date. Led Zeppelin are however fuk no they will forever be legendary.

berlinchair101 said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Led Zeppelin had a use by date.

It was 1980; John Bonham expired.

bscheffers

bscheffers said on the 5th Aug, 2011

They 'broke up' then but they doesnt mean they expired. People will say 'Aerosmith have expired because they became shit, but no one would say that about Led Zeppelin.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 5th Aug, 2011

have you heard In Through the Out Door? not exactly a classic.

bscheffers

bscheffers said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Try and name a band where ever song they ever wrote was classified as a 'classic'.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 5th Aug, 2011

I don't agree with The Beatles, they have written some absolute dross in their time

And I have to say, genius though he is, most of the blame falls to Macca

bscheffers

bscheffers said on the 5th Aug, 2011

haha fuk off, u had to say the beatles. There is no doubt in my mind that Led Zepplin are still a 'classic' band.

bscheffers

bscheffers said on the 5th Aug, 2011

I think every band, has written the odd shocker in there time.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Completely agree. Its entirely possible for people to get to respected legend status and produce almost nothing but shockers for years.

I'm looking at you, Rolling Stones.

Jose Cuervo said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Not exactly a band but yeah, everything he has done is pretty classic

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 5th Aug, 2011

what i'm trying to say is that when Led Zep called it quits in 1980 they weren't exactly at the top of their game and this was over 30yrs ago. if they had continued like Aerosmith, Van Halen or countless other groups from that era who knows what their reputation would be like in 2011. probably better than all the rest but most certainly not as impeccable as it actually is today.

it happens to every band whose careers are cut short by tragedy. they become immortalised and never turn stale unlike those who are lucky enough not to lose anyone. but i'm sure all those bands would rather lose their reputation than lose one of their friends.

EDIT: then you also have the bands who lost member, kept going, then lost their integrity.

Napoleon Solo said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Not exactly a band but yeah, everything he has done is pretty classic

I heard he was like the Austrian Ben Lee.

Jose Cuervo said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Napoleon Solo said on the 5th Aug, 2011

All this integrity talk is subjective bullshit though. If Steven Tyler died tomorrow everyone would be sucking his lifeless cock.

berlinchair101 said on the 5th Aug, 2011

The career of a band cetainly affects their classic status. Bands like Zeppelin, the Stooges and The Beatles that had short careers that obviously give them less time to become a joke.

Bands that keep going have more time to become a parody of themselves e.g. Aerosmith, Van Halen, The Who and The Stones.

Napoleon Solo said on the 5th Aug, 2011

But who decides when it becomes a parody? Everyone loses their shit at the mere mention of a Led Zeppelin reunion tour,why wouldn't that be a parody?
Ozzy Osbourne is past it on a solo tour but if he were fronting Black Sabbath on a tour people would blow their loads.

(not directing this at anyone in particular)

berlinchair101 said on the 5th Aug, 2011

You're right, I guess it's just a personal thing. I'm not going to lie I went and saw 1/2 of The Who and loved it.

Braveheart81 said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Let's face it. There was a certain shtick to all the hard rock bands of the 80s. It worked for a time but it's pretty much impossible to pull off forever.

All of them are pretty much parodies of their former selves. People still want to see it and it's fine that the bands still do it. That sound could only ever evolve so far though. If they wanted to be viewed in a serious light in terms of modern music they could give up the costumes and spectacle and play different genres like other artists have done (e.g. Springsteen has changed genres over the years to evolve with the times) but that would also be giving up what was great about hard rock/glam rock and hair metal.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 5th Aug, 2011

(not directing this at anyone in particular)

i guess it's a matter of diminishing returns. had Led Zep continued to tour after 1980 the appeal of going to see them would gradually diminish over the years. but they've done 2 shows in 30yrs so naturally a reunion tour would get people excited. same goes with Black Sabbath, the mere fact that they so rarely play together adds to their appeal.

Aerosmith on the other hand have done a shit load of touring in the last 20yrs so the excitement doesn't quite match that of Led Zep and Sabbath. and like BH said their brand of music wasn't exactly timeless.

therat

therat said on the 5th Aug, 2011

How come Iron Maiden can still pull it off? I mean their sound hasn't changed much at all over the years yet they're still respected and still manage to gain a new generation of fans and are amazing live.

Waits to be told Maiden suck......

berlinchair101 said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Maiden had a rough period. They managed to they've managed a decade of good to great albums since 2000.

They are also too metal to be lame.

bscheffers

bscheffers said on the 5th Aug, 2011

These guys are a another example from more recent times, these guys used to fukn rock and then there is now. I know i might get shut down but thats just wat i think

Jose Cuervo said on the 5th Aug, 2011

batdan

batdan said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Pretty fair statement. I was a huge Metalica fan and I saw them when they ruled the scene. Didn't worry me not seeing them this tour, would have been gopd to see Rob on bass though.

Im keen to see how the crowds are at SWR because I don't rate VH or Alice Cooper.

How would a "BIG 4 of Soft Rock go?

VH, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard?

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Didnt mean to start a massive conversation about that. My vote is bands are legends if people remember them for work that was impressive (e.g. not a product of infamy) multiple decades later.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 5th Aug, 2011

beats speculation about the announcement.

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 5th Aug, 2011

Nothing beats speculating about the announcement =)

By the way, what happened with that big announcement from Sebastian Bach?

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 6th Aug, 2011

lol agree - if there was an announcement we wouldn't have to crap on about whatever

N_JohnsonX

N_JohnsonX said on the 6th Aug, 2011

Nothing beats speculating about the announcement =)

By the way, what happened with that big announcement from Sebastian Bach?

I think it was the release of his new video for "Kicking and Screaming?" It's what people seemed to be talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOruHhpAiQ&feature=fvsr The girl in the vid is his latest

elly_mac

elly_mac said on the 6th Aug, 2011

would love biffy clyro to be on the list!!!! and unwritten law said they are meant to be back in november...but nothing mentioned so far....

the mahones have said they are coming next year!!!!! that would be awesome for sw12!!!

bucketboy63

bucketboy63 said on the 7th Aug, 2011

Alexisonfire have been here a few times for Soundwave, anybody thinking they might come here one last time before the Canadian farewell shows? It may just be me praying to see them one last time........

crob said on the 7th Aug, 2011

wouldn't bank on it

Slip_dog

Slip_dog said on the 7th Aug, 2011

I loved it as I will love anything they ever do. To me, its just more Metallica.

Slip_dog

Slip_dog said on the 7th Aug, 2011

I have to wait a few days before i can respond to this.

Slip_dog

Slip_dog said on the 7th Aug, 2011

It was fucking GOPD! Rob rocked and Metallica is fucking cooler than ever. Death Magnetic is Awesome! One albumn can't judge their career. They 7 or more good ones. I liked St Anger tho.

batdan

batdan said on the 7th Aug, 2011

I'm sure I would have loved it but I didn't go...

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 8th Aug, 2011

I saw Metallica on the death magnetic tour last year, waited 8 hours in line to have Lars Ulrich spit red mizone on me. Was pretty unreal.

Stefan Beck said on the 8th Aug, 2011

So that's what the kids like these days?
I've never felt old before this moment.

berlinchair101 said on the 8th Aug, 2011

Were you able to taste that it was mizone?

Stefan Beck said on the 8th Aug, 2011

It was definately Mizone.
Or maybe Gatorade. They sell that at a deli near the arena Metallica played out.
There's an outside chance it was Red Fanta but it was definately Mizone.

Cr1zZ

Cr1zZ said on the 8th Aug, 2011

It was poured into the cup out of a mizone bottle. So I'm guessing it was mizone.

No I couldnt taste it? It was just cool having a musician as big as him do something that memorable. I also have guitar picks from Jon Bon Jovi and Robert Trujillo. Along with a badge from BB King.
Also I've had Dave Grohl stand on my foot and walk along in front of me, held Iggy Pops hand, held Tyson Kennedys hand, the same with Jon Bon Jovi.

Not bad for a kid.

sarcasm_mister

sarcasm_mister said on the 8th Aug, 2011

Not bad for a kid.

all thats left is for you to have sex with one them.

therat

therat said on the 8th Aug, 2011

berlinchair101 said on the 8th Aug, 2011

Not bad for a kid.

That's pretty cool man.

I thought Robert Trujillo only played with his fingers.

Stefan Beck said on the 8th Aug, 2011

I hope when you typed "held" you actually meant "shook".
Otherwise that's really weird. Stop lovingly caressing rockstars!

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 8th Aug, 2011

Not bad for a kid.

Holding hands is all very good, but a real rock star encounter starts at second base. Sorry dude.

berlinchair101 said on the 8th Aug, 2011

I was molested and assaulted by Tim Rogers in one encounter.

crob said on the 8th Aug, 2011

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 8th Aug, 2011

I feel cheated. It took him two encounters to touch the inside of my thigh, and that was all i got.

111122m

111122m said on the 8th Aug, 2011

rumour has it that the reason they're delaying the announcement is because they 'booked' limp bizkit and they either were dropped from the bill or quit on their own accord. they are now trying to find a replacement.

apparently..

Jose Cuervo said on the 8th Aug, 2011

I still rememeber how happy santos got at bdo because iggy pop punched him in the head and he started to bleed

ThatDude123 said on the 8th Aug, 2011

Slip_dog

Slip_dog said on the 8th Aug, 2011

and you want me to not say anything?

Slip_dog

Slip_dog said on the 8th Aug, 2011

When is this Announcement now anyway?

There are 411 more comments. View them all