Battles for Falls Festival?

Two months ago FL reported that electro-pop band Metronomy are a good chance to play Falls Festival this December, and now it seems the rumour mill is well and truly spinning with Battles indicating they too may be here over the New Year’s period.

Speaking with triple j’s Zan Rowe about the band’s new album Gloss Drop this week, guitarist Ian Williams said: “I think we’re talking about coming down there the end of this year so we’re talking December, January time. Maybe New Years Eve territory. So, we’ll be there.” You can listen to the interview in full right here.

The experimental lo-fi pop band tUnE yArDs is also strongly rumoured to be playing Falls this year following a very enthusiastic comment about the band by the festival on Twitter in May.

Social

Comments

humanracin

humanracin said on the 23rd Jun, 2011

Cool, guess they will be at Sunset Sounds too then...

MilkySheep

MilkySheep said on the 23rd Jun, 2011

it is called Gloss Drop, not Glass Drop.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 23rd Jun, 2011

Amazing....seeing them next Tuesday in England so I guess I can make it twice :)

humanracin

humanracin said on the 23rd Jun, 2011

I think Falls/Sunset Sounds is gonna be pretty amazing this time round...

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 23rd Jun, 2011

Battles and tUne-YaRdS are my albums of the year so far. Metronomy was good also. Chuck in White Denim and you're covering my 2011 list nicely

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 24th Jun, 2011

Arctic Monkeys
TV On The Radio
Bon Iver
Battles

I'll be going if those 4 are on the bill, regardless of whoever else is.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 24th Jun, 2011

I'd take or leave Arctic Monkeys live, their sideshow for BDO 2009 was average.

Saw TVoTR at the BDO that year...wasn't that great, but I think indoors they would be awesome.

Daft Punks Lip Sweat

Daft Punks Lip Sweat said on the 24th Jun, 2011

Haven't seen either band so I'll take any opportunity I can get.. Others I would like to see on the bill are Arcade Fire, M83, Beastie Boys, Bonobo, Hercules & Love Affair

MilkySheep

MilkySheep said on the 24th Jun, 2011

TV on the Radio were great at the Perth BDO, I was front row for them and My Morning Jacket straight after them. Was probably the best 2 hours I've had at BDO.

Stefan Beck said on the 24th Jun, 2011

I would've probably been right next to you Milky.

On another note that BDO was the first time I tried to go out of my way to not get sunburned and made the rookie mistake of putting sunscreen on my forehead. As the day heated up a lethal cocktail of sweat and sunscreen sluiced into my eyes and I spent the entirety of My Morning Jackets set in tears.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 24th Jun, 2011

lol

I went with Braveheart, and we went to see Neil Young when the rest of our mates saw The Prodigy. I am a Neil Young tragic and he was seeing the prodg the next night.

No queue at all for the d but we had two full cans of beer. I stuck mine in my shorts pocket and tried to cover the bulges with my arms, so i'm walking along with unnaturally still arms with beer running down both thighs, disgusting. Braveheart waltzes through, the guy asks me to raise my arms. Clearly I have two beer cans in my pockets. Massive bulges, wet patches around them. He frisks me! totally no need at all. he gets to the beer cans, he starts feeling them. They are frigging cold wet beer cans, it doesn't take a bloody genius. Then he starts squeezing them. Squeezing them! I'm like mate, they are clearly beer cans. Can i just go in? He looks me up and down and thinks about it and says no.

What a douche.

humanracin

humanracin said on the 24th Jun, 2011

I thought TV On The Radio were amazing at BDO GC, so much energy!

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 24th Jun, 2011

The context was I was smashing Dear Science at the time, couldn't go to the sideshow because it clashed with one of the others I was going to and was absolutely pumped for the BDO show and left a bit deflated

cozza147

cozza147 said on the 24th Jun, 2011

I'm thinking Death Cab, Arctic Monkeys headlining
Would love M83, TVOTR, Bon Iver, Junior Boys, Metronomy, Alberta Cross or some combination

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 24th Jun, 2011

98% of people go too top heavy on line ups when they make predictions

MilkySheep

MilkySheep said on the 24th Jun, 2011

Last year had Klaxons, Joan Jett, the National and Interpol as headliners (in WA anyway)... Death Cab and Arctic Monkeys tower over all of those bands. If they got both the organisers would struggle to fill out the rest of the lineup with decent bands.

I don't think Death Cab would play a festival here anyway, from memory they never have played a festival here (unless they played Splendour 1 year?). They seem to love doing a full tour cause they easily sell them out. Arctic Monkeys though, I could see them playing Falls/Southbound.

Braveheart81 said on the 24th Jun, 2011

Death Cab played Splendour in 2005.

sofa couch

sofa couch said on the 24th Jun, 2011

falls- junior boys, seekae, oscar & martin, battles. wet dream.

p1owz0r

p1owz0r said on the 24th Jun, 2011

Back OT check out this Battles vid if you haven't seen it

two keyboards, a mixer and a guitar = me saluting