Image for Rage Against The Machine and Alice Cooper for Soundwave Revolution?

Rage Against The Machine andAlice Cooper for SoundwaveRevolution?

Update:
Soundwave Revolution promoter AJ Maddah has denied that Alice Cooper and Rage Against the Machine will be playing at the festival – ‘RATM are not on #swRevolution and ‘Seriously, I have had no contact with Alice Coopers people. None at all. No idea what festival uncle Vincent has been referring to.’

For more Soundave Revolution information check out the confirmed lineup (so far) and a lengthy list of bands ruled out of contention.

Rage Against The Machine and Alice Cooper are “the hot tip to be doing shows across Australia in 2011” according to Triple M.

The radio station’s music reporter Nui Te Koha, who recently leaked the news that Coldplay would be headlining Splendour in the Grass and not playing sideshows, says that “There’s a huge rumour doing the circuit that Rage Against The Machine will be here in September for Soundwave Revolution. Alice Cooper together [with Rage Against The Machine] will be headliners for Soundwave Revolution.”

Cooper recently told Blabbermouth that he’s playing festivals in “South America, Australia, Europe, Canada, and all over the States” in 2011, while Coachella’s official Facebook page announced this week that Rage Against the Machine will play their first date for 2011 in Los Angeles on July 30th with Muse and Rise Against.

So far thirty-four bands have been announced for the festival’s lineup, with the full Soundwave Revolution lineup announcement next Thursday 28th April expected to reveal a lineup of around 70 acts.

FasterLouder placed some bets on the lineup in late March and so far they’ve proved to be fairly accurate… who will be added next?

Comments

crob said on the 21st Apr, 2011

if rage are there I'll go.... otherwise Soundwave Revolution doesn't look to enticing

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Maybe One Day As a Lion so high up on the SW line up was some sort of bargaining tool for RATM.

MorningAfterboy said on the 21st Apr, 2011

"Rage Against The Machine and Alice Cooper are "the hot tip to be doing shows across Australia in 2011""

Awesome! Cool! Yeah!

"...according to Triple M."

Stopped reading.

berlinchair101 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Rage Against the Machine get rumoured so much for everything that I won't care until I see it.

Even if it is RATM I honestly don't think it'd make me want to go.

hellboy1975

hellboy1975 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

I'll go if RATM are there. I also heard that Bad Religion are playing, which would be good also!

Napoleon Solo said on the 21st Apr, 2011

If BoySetsFire are also on the bill, I'd be tempted to go.

Hinee

Hinee said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Having not seen them at BDO and regretting it ever since, I'll go if Rage are there.

Having said that, is a soundwave crowd as bad as I imagine?

benjiman1981

benjiman1981 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

A Soundwave crowd is just like any other all ages festival crowd; Horrifying

ZePpLiNs666

ZePpLiNs666 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

i would like this to happen, but the same person said that soundgarden were going to tour in january...

Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer said on the 21st Apr, 2011

All that matters is STEEL PANTHER will be there.

samrocks

samrocks said on the 21st Apr, 2011

would be awesome if rage against the machine and alice cooper headline i have also heard that foo fighters and metallica might be at soundwave revolution

MorningAfterboy said on the 21st Apr, 2011

I have it on good authority that the cast of Sesame Street are headlining.

grattan said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Got the Coldplay/Splendour thing smack on though...

jamco17

jamco17 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

if true - tickets will be a nightmare

Braveheart81 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

I'd go and see a RATM sideshow again, but probably wouldn't bother going to a festival just to see them.

Given that AJ has said there will be no sideshows for Soundwave Revolution, I'm guessing I won't be seeing RATM if they are announced.

insert cool name

insert cool name said on the 21st Apr, 2011

having not seen them at bdo and regretting it ever since, i'll go if rage are there.

having said that, is a soundwave crowd as bad as i imagine?

from my experience (not all that much), soundwave seems to have less people that are there just because it's a festival, everyone is at least there for the music. so the crowd is slightly less terrible.

berlinchair101 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Except they are mostly there to see terrible music, so that kind of evens it out.

gumbuoy said on the 21st Apr, 2011

i only went to my last BDO because of Rage, so if theyre the only band on the lineup I want to see, then it'll be a pass. But they're a good headliner if there's some other good bands on there too...

tyler07 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Soooooo keen on RATM, were amazing in 2008 so would definitely go again. Here's hoping...

jmatts

jmatts said on the 21st Apr, 2011

fingers and toes crossed that soundgarden are on the bill. eyes crossed for an improptu audioslave song or two...

berlinchair101 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Would never, ever, ever happen. Ever.

gumbuoy said on the 21st Apr, 2011

didnt happen at their BDO slot, can't imagine any reason why it would happen here, short of Soundgarden also playing the festival, and Cornell coming on stage for a song...

billzbub

billzbub said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Damn. that will suck as i am gonna miss SWR.

berlinchair101 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

I don't know why anyone would want it. It would be like Kurt Cobain coming back from the dead, reforming Nirvana, and then hoping they play Learn To Fly...

tyler07 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Audioslave suck balls. So fingers and toes crossed that nobody will have to suffer through that.

hedonism gibbon

hedonism gibbon said on the 21st Apr, 2011

and least we'd hear the original do "school's out" and not some dreadlocked egomaniac

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Can someone explain to me why Audioslave is so held in such poor regard?

I never really listened to them, but the songs I have heard aren't the worst songs I ever heard.

Napoleon Solo said on the 21st Apr, 2011

I wouldn't be so sure, the fact he hasn't just come out and said that there is flat out no chance of sideshows has me suss. I think he is just trying to ensure as many tickets sell first. There will be sideshows. A few at least.

ThatDude123 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Blaming all-ages events for having bad crowds is forgetting that 9 out of 10 over 18 events have even worse crowds.

This: despite their taste in music and fashion (or lack of) everyone there is actually really nice. Very low Southern Cross tatt count amongst the crowd as well, which is always a plus.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 21st Apr, 2011

Soundwave crowds are depressing. I'd prever the average festival crowd of the other festivals (not including the agressive/annoying ones). At least they look alive. In saying that though the Future crowd was painful. If RATM tour I want a headline show. So not keen on going to Soundwave to see them. Also I've already seen them at a festival so headline show is due... preferably somewhere not too big and NOT the big top

hedonism gibbon

hedonism gibbon said on the 22nd Apr, 2011

Can someone explain to me why Audioslave is so held in such poor regard?

Because Soundgarden were awesome and RATM were awesome but the conglomerate of the two bands was very average, even though i don't hate them either and dig the odd track, the promise of the union between Cornell and Morello was so much higher than the resultant output

basically, they went too mainstream and didn't push the envelope much at all, whereas both Soundgarden and Rage were at least to some extent, breaking ground.

the fact that after only 3 albums they went back to their original bands sez it all really

Quicky

Quicky said on the 23rd Apr, 2011

Eww Audioslave, I hate those songs.

rodismdotcom

rodismdotcom said on the 24th Apr, 2011

Triple M, pfffft.

Seriously who would beleive anything these cunts say.

How many of the bands on 70 bands on the last Soundwave bill get regular rotation on MMM?

Faye Tality

Faye Tality said on the 24th Apr, 2011

if alice coopers going im there! was thinking avout it at steel panther. we'll see though, i cant really see him doing a whole tour before releasing welcome 2 my nightmare but if he does, bonus!

Aidan1234567

Aidan1234567 said on the 28th Apr, 2011

i think that the whole "Revolution" thing goes pretty well with Rage Against The Machine and their whole ethic & attitude etc

it would be pretty awesome if they played

berlinchair101 said on the 28th Apr, 2011

The only thing that RATM have to do with revolutions is how many Che Guevera does in his grave when someone wearing a shirt with his face on it because they are mad rebels who love RATM and like fuck the system and stuff...

MorningAfterboy said on the 2nd May, 2011

The lineup of bands NOT playing has totally trumped the bands that are.

grattan said on the 2nd May, 2011

Sure - but you could easily make a list of bands not playing at any festival that would beat the list of bands actually playing.

MorningAfterboy said on the 2nd May, 2011

Of course. I was just saying that to talk about all these bands and be like "Y'like them? Well, I can confirm that they are NOT playing!" isn't doing wonders for promoting a festival whose best act is P!ATD.

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 2nd May, 2011

Nope. That would be Every Time I Die.

MorningAfterboy said on the 2nd May, 2011

I like ETID just fine, but I just happen to love Panic.

tyler07 said on the 2nd May, 2011

Best act is Panic? Hahahahahahhahhahaha
Good joke.

Cro-Mags or GTFO

MorningAfterboy said on the 2nd May, 2011

Tylercore, ladies and gentlemen.

tyler07 said on the 2nd May, 2011

Panic at the Disco suck. They suck alot. Like heaps.

therat

therat said on the 2nd May, 2011

Applause! Applause! No, wait wait.