Cut Copy’s Zonoscope tour

Cut Copy recently showed off their third album by headlining the St Jerome’s Laneway Festival tour and after letting punters fall in love with the newly released Zonoscope album they’ll be heading out again in May.

FL’s review of the third Cutters album gushed that “ Zonoscope sparkles as a densely layered electronic epic and it advances Cut Copy’s status as one of the more forward thinking bands in the scene” and the band’s recent live shows have certainly backed up that praise.

Reviewing the band’s set at Laneway in Melbourne, the day after the album’s official release, FL’s reviewer reported that “New tracks like Take Me Over only perpetuated the party vibe, punters simply enamoured by its effortless pop laced within its hypnotic jungle trance. In fact, most of the material from their new album Zonoscope proved simply superb, reinforcing many of the early positive assessments of their latest work.”

The band will be supported by recent winners of the AMP for Best Debut Release The Holidays in Melbourne and Sydney; while World’s End Press – who recently impressed on the Laneway bill and supporting !!! and Primal Scream – take on the opening duties for all other shows.

Cut Copy’s Zonoscope tour:

Thursday 5th May – The Palace, Melbourne
Thursday 12th May – Enmore Theatre, Sydney
Friday 13th May – Metro City, Perth
Thursday 19th May – The Tivoli, Brisbane
Friday 20th May – HQ Complex, Adelaide

Tickets on sale Friday 25th February

Comments

noksie

noksie said on the 16th Feb, 2011

primal scream are opening at perth?!

Maximillian Billion

Maximillian Billion said on the 16th Feb, 2011

no, worlds end press are, just they opened for primal scream. breathe.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 16th Feb, 2011

Headline tour! exciting. Me thinks enmore will sell out fast

SlowerQuieter

SlowerQuieter said on the 16th Feb, 2011

Funniest thing I've ever heard! The band that invented the very style of music Cut Copy have made their name upon, opening for them? :p:p:p

grattan said on the 17th Feb, 2011

Cut Copy's A Tale of Two Journeys promo mix

wazdog

wazdog said on the 11th May, 2011

does anyone have the set times for tomorrow night gig at the enmore? really keen on checking out the holidays so want to get there in time.

saw the zonoscope tour gig at coachella and it was awesome so very pumped!

shazie said on the 11th May, 2011

saw the zonoscope tour gig at coachella and it was awesome so very pumped!

Nothing on the enmore site but I'd wait till tomorrow for them to come up or phone the enmore now. Really excited though! These guys haven't done their own headline tour in Australia for about 3 years and it'll be nice to have a longer set than the festival sets.

shazie said on the 12th May, 2011

Running Times: Doors: 7:15pm / Holidays: 8:00pm / Cut Copy: 9:30pm

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 12th May, 2011

Pretty keen for tonight. First time seeing the Holidays too and i really dig their album.

Hope to see lots of Zonoscope material.

shazie said on the 12th May, 2011

Hope to see lots of Zonoscope material.

From the sets I've seen at parklife 'n laneway they were both zonoscope heavy, really like the new stuff.

I know they probably won't but I'm just hoping they play Strangers in the Wind, one of my all-time favourite songs (for some reason when I think of 2008 that's one of the first songs that comes to mind to sum up the year for me).

wazdog

wazdog said on the 15th May, 2011

easily the best cut copy show ive seen

shazie said on the 16th May, 2011

Fantastic show but I think the audience could've been more energetic at times. I was so gutted they didn't come on for a second encore to play feel the love as well, they even had the guitars ready and everything.

Still, on the whole was a fantastic concert and the best performance of theirs I've seen.

On that note, is anyone going to opera house concert? I decided to get tickets for my girlfriend and I the morning after, hoping they follow through with this 'unique setlist' that's been said they'll do for it. In other words, I'm hoping they play strangers in the wind :P

Stefan Beck said on the 16th May, 2011

I saw them on Friday but I wasn't feeling it.
The singer also dances like a spaz.