Image for Tame Impala joins Future Music Festival lineup

Tame Impala joins Future MusicFestival lineup

With a lineup including The Chemical Brothers, Dizzee Rascal, Pendulum, MGMT, Mark Ronson & The Business Intl, The Presets, Leftfield, Art Vs Science, Professor Green, and your guilty secret favourite – Ke$Ha – Future Music Festival is storming the festival circuit in March.

A few weeks ago the ‘final’ acts for the lineup were announced ... but there’s always room for a few late additions! So with just over a month until show-time, a trio of homegrown acts have been added to the bill.

The latest (and most likely final) acts to be added are Australian Music Prize frontrunners Tame Impala, disco-loving duo Flight Facilities and Melbourne electro-pop outfit Gypsy & The Cat.

Future Music Festival tour dates:

Saturday 5th March – Doomben Racecourse, Brisbane
Sunday 6th March – Arena Joondalup, Perth
Saturday 12th March – Randwick Racecourse, Sydney
Sunday 13th March – Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne
Monday 14th March – Rundle and Rymill Park, Adelaide

Comments

lukey26

lukey26 said on the 7th Feb, 2011

Not surprising, considering Pond are supporting MGMT.

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 7th Feb, 2011

there's gonna be pigs flying past my window pretty soon

Yaki

Yaki said on the 7th Feb, 2011

I think it's still a strange addition. Not FF or Gypsy... But Tame Impala will be like tits on a bull there.

chico21

chico21 said on the 7th Feb, 2011

I'm most pleased with this announcement- Tame Impala-wise.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 7th Feb, 2011

Gypsy and the Cat at Future is weird, its like they are trying to become a bigger version of what Parklife/Field Day have become

HalfCentaur

HalfCentaur said on the 7th Feb, 2011

God I hope the timetable reads

6:00pm- 7:00 Kesha

7:20- 8:20- Tame Impala

I can just imagine Kevin , " woohhha what the fuck was that

Hinee

Hinee said on the 8th Feb, 2011

Very happy with this announcement. Thoroughly enjoyed Gypsy at BDO and tame impala are always welcome

chico21

chico21 said on the 24th Feb, 2011

when oh when oh when will they put the set times up?

Brail

Brail said on the 24th Feb, 2011

i heard next wednesday

MilkySheep

MilkySheep said on the 24th Feb, 2011

They posted set order today in street press mags, but no exact times yet... (these are for WA)

Future Music Stage
The Chemical Brothers
Dizzee Rascal
The Presets
Ke$ha
Art vs. Science
Professor Green
James Holroyd
The Stafford Brothers & Timmy Trumpet
Optamus (Downsyde)
Micah

Flamingo Stage
Pendulum
MGMT
Mark Ronson & the Business Intl.
Tame Impala

Tydi
Jason Creek
German

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 24th Feb, 2011

my god. clash city!
unless Chemical Brothers play after Richie Hawtin. then it's all sweet.

not that i'm going anyway

ThatDude123 said on the 24th Feb, 2011

Future Music Stage
Dizzee Rascal
The Presets
Ke$ha
Art vs. Science

Four hours of solid slurry action there, at least.

Jose Cuervo said on the 24th Feb, 2011

The Likes of You Stage
Richie Hawtin presents Plastikman
Leftfield
Sven Vath
Loco Dice

Win-o-saurus

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 24th Feb, 2011

I don't get how Cosmic Gate would be headlining over Sander Van Doorn in Sander Van Doorn's arena

rodismdotcom

rodismdotcom said on the 24th Feb, 2011

a standalone show later that night maybe?

chico21

chico21 said on the 24th Feb, 2011

thanks I saw those. but I wanna see times! I'm hoping that there are different set lengths cos there are some serious clashes. Lucky I'm seeing Chem bros the night before so I can see Pendulum & Plastikman!

Braveheart81 said on the 24th Feb, 2011

If I was going, I'd be pretty upset if the set times overlapped Mark Ronson, Leftfield and The Chemical Brothers much if at all. Best three acts on the lineup.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 25th Feb, 2011

I'm already going to Chems and Sven/Richie sidey, gonna try and get tickets to Leftfield and Ronson and well, I know what it's like at Future anyway, they put everyone clashing from 7-10pm and if who I wanna see is anywhere near the main stage I don't bother thanks to the sheer volume of aggressive dickheads

chico21

chico21 said on the 25th Feb, 2011

yeah I'm thinking about going to the Sven Richie sidey next weekend too to eliminate all the clashes. My poor bank account is being assaulted at the moment though.

berlinchair101 said on the 25th Feb, 2011

More like LAME Impala, am I right guys?

...I'm here all week, try the veal.

lanesra23

lanesra23 said on the 25th Feb, 2011

I agree. Sadly (and gladly), Leftfield and Plastikman will probably be playing longer sets than the acts on the main stages. This means Leftfield are likely to clash with Mark Ronson.

I hope I'm wrong.

Even though I'm seeing Leftfield in Sydney as well, I'd probably prefer to see them twice before I see Mark Ronson.

I like Mark Ronson, but not even close to how much I like / obsess over Leftfield.

Braveheart81 said on the 25th Feb, 2011

Assuming he's going to have a big band, Mark Ronson is likely to be really good. He was a clear standout at Global Gathering a couple of years ago.

I don't blame you for wanting to see Leftfield again though :D

berlinchair101 said on the 25th Feb, 2011

I saw Mark Ronson on Jonothan Ross last night. It was pretty average.

Mainly because the bird singing in the band was pretty flat and was dressed like SQ's wet dreams.

HalfCentaur

HalfCentaur said on the 25th Feb, 2011

Just won tickets to FMF. on inthemix.. woo!

ThatDude123 said on the 25th Feb, 2011

I saw Mark Ronson on Jonothan Ross last night. It was pretty average.

MNDR is a babe. That said the band does look like the High Street version of LCD Soundsystem.

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 26th Feb, 2011

More like LAME Impala, am I right guys?

...I'm here all week, try the veal.

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/987/987014/seamus-fg-pic1_160_1243455177.jpg Did you use the jokes?

Yeah, they're not landing

lanesra23

lanesra23 said on the 26th Feb, 2011

More like LAME Impala, am I right guys?

Very true.

HalfCentaur

HalfCentaur said on the 28th Feb, 2011

thanks! the 25 words that won me the tickets?

Who would you take with you to FMF?

'Doc Brown. So that afterwards I could go back to the future (music Festival) and relive the entire thing'

wether I would actually take doc up on his offer haha

HalfCentaur

HalfCentaur said on the 28th Feb, 2011

By the way; Set times tomorow at noon

ThatDude123 said on the 28th Feb, 2011

thanks! the 25 words that won me the tickets?

Who would you take with you to FMF?

wether I would actually take doc up on his offer haha

Chris Lloyd, the guy behind doc brown, is going to be in Australia in April. You might just be able to pull this one off.

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 28th Feb, 2011

i gotta start looking at the competition section.
i keep hearing of people winning shit and i never even knew such competitions were on

random_hero

random_hero said on the 28th Feb, 2011

Bloody Beetroots should be playing

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 28th Feb, 2011

You've got Steve Aoki he's pretty much the same thing

chico21

chico21 said on the 28th Feb, 2011

thanks! the 25 words that won me the tickets?

Who would you take with you to FMF?

wether I would actually take doc up on his offer haha

I'm sure you only just clipped my witty quip about taking my goldfish because he'd enjoy the vibrations from the bass. sigh. I really need to get more creative.

I hate having to come up with answers.

chico21

chico21 said on the 1st Mar, 2011

set times are up - and they're wicked!!

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 1st Mar, 2011

Chemical brothers/Steve Angello/Plastikman/The Subs/Cosmic Gate clash
Presets/MGMT/Leftfield/Sander Van Doorn clash
Mark Ronson/Loco Dice + Leftfield clash
Ke$ha clashing with noone
lame.

will see: kesha, mark ronson, leftfield/presets (depending on if i go to leftfield sideshow), end of mgmt, dizzee rascal, sven vath, chemical brothers

Already at Chems and Sven/Richie sideshow, Looking at sideys for Leftfield, Loco Dice

chico21

chico21 said on the 1st Mar, 2011

I've seen MGMT and was really disappointed - I'll still probably catch the tail end of their set after Presets.
Chem Bros and Plastikman is tough -but I'm seeing Chem Bros the night before so am going to Plastikman.
you can see Loco for an hour and a half before Mark Ronson? and then you still get an hour of Leftfield after that? unless the times are different for syd - I'm going to Bris.
I'm seeing Tame Impala at Kesha time. I only want to be getting there at 3pm anyway.

Main stage needs more stafford brothers imo.

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 1st Mar, 2011

Main stage needs more stafford brothers imo.

the first 30min of Leftfield clashes with Ronson
the last hour clashes with Presets
And i don't really remember the Loco details, not as important.
I'll see Kesha and if she's shit I'll see Tydi or something. Afternoon Trance at Future last year was perfect

lanesra23

lanesra23 said on the 1st Mar, 2011

Main Stage in Brisbane looks hilarious.

Pretty disappointed that Leftfield aren't just playing on their own stage for 8 hours straight.

Other than that, I'm happy with the playing times.