Image for International band dropped from Soundwave

International band droppedfrom Soundwave

In a series of comments posted on Twitter yesterday Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah has revealed that Avenged Sevenfold are creating havoc with the Soundwave timetabling and could be dropped from the lineup for the 2011 festival.

The issue stems from the band’s refusal to play during the day or clash with festival headliners Iron Maiden; Avenged is billed in tenth place on the lineup poster.

Maddah told his Twitter followers that “Avenged have decided, despite having originally confirmed a mid afternoon spot, that they are now unwilling to play unless it is night time. At the same time, they are refusing to play at the same time as Maiden… In other words, they want Maiden to play in the afternoon!”

“While Avenged are a massive band, having sold around 8,000 copies of their new album nationally, I won’t be able to move Maiden’s time slot,” Maddah explained, “I have now reached the point where I can no longer mess around 70 other bands and 180,000 ticket holders to appease this band’s nonsense. I have every expectation that they will go back on their agreement and cancel.”

Maddah has also indicated that he had also intended to present a massive Sidewave show on Wednesday 2nd March in Brisbane featuring Avenged, Slash, Coheed and Cambria and two other bands, which is now unlikely to go ahead.

Late yesterday afternoon Maddah announced that he was looking at “lining up a replacemen” and asked for suggestions, though he warned that “it obviously can’t be a metal band as the replacement will be playing the same time slot [and] at this late notice it will be rather tough to get a decent replacement”.

UPDATE:
Avenged Sevenfold have posted a note on their official website confirming that they have pulled out of the Soundwave tour.

Avenged Sevenfold regretfully announce they will not be performing at the upcoming Soundwave in Australia. After much effort, the band decided that they could not offer fans the live experience they have come to expect and didn’t want to disappoint them. Avenged Sevenfold will return to Australia soon to headline their own tour.

Comments

nickh1988

nickh1988 said on the 16th Dec, 2010

you are missing the key part of this storyhttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo

Scotty_Thompson

Scotty_Thompson said on the 16th Dec, 2010

According to A7X's website they have actually pulled out.

berlinchair101 said on the 16th Dec, 2010

Avenged Sevenfold would have dissapointed fans by playing at all.

batdan

batdan said on the 16th Dec, 2010

Slayer can take their place? longer set time and later in the day

Quicky

Quicky said on the 16th Dec, 2010

Rise Against would be nice if possible but If not make each band's set 5 to 10 mins longer

thereisnokevin

thereisnokevin said on the 16th Dec, 2010

closure in moscow. too soon?

berlinchair101 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

Short stack will be too tired from touring they'll just get Craig Matheson to fill in for them.

therat

therat said on the 17th Dec, 2010

This is good bad news, means I don't have to pissed of about missing their set in order to watch Maiden.

Now if The Bronx, Coheed & Cambria and Millencolin pull out I can watch Maiden and QOTSA guilt free!!!

Avenged's latest album did debut at number 1 on the billboard charts so they're entitled to be a bit picky, they should have been playing where One Day As A Lion are but maybe that was still too afternoon for them.

sarahanne

sarahanne said on the 17th Dec, 2010

Shieldsy23

Shieldsy23 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

you have GOT to be shitting me. Bunch of whiney cunts.

therat

therat said on the 17th Dec, 2010

Maybe they couldn't get a drummer for the tour, the Rev (RIP) is pretty hard to replace, though Mike has been doing a good job.

nickyy

nickyy said on the 17th Dec, 2010

this is annoying. maybe they will replace them

mattchew

mattchew said on the 17th Dec, 2010

add steel panther to the lineup

hellboy1975

hellboy1975 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

Making the sets longer is the best option. 30 minute sets suck...

polite_society

polite_society said on the 17th Dec, 2010

ffs. i was looking forward to catching them again at soundwave. i don't think i'll be seeing them at a solo show. what a bunch of asshats.

modtang

modtang said on the 17th Dec, 2010

I didn't like them before and I like them even less now. Fucking bunch of divas. Not cool guys.

Scotty_Thompson

Scotty_Thompson said on the 17th Dec, 2010

Mike Portnoy has been sacked

Reckon he'll rejoin Dream Theatre?

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 17th Dec, 2010

if they get thursday i will legit go.

therat

therat said on the 17th Dec, 2010

I used to be legit. I was too legit. I was too legit to quit. but now I'm not legit. I'm unlegit. And for that reason, I must quit.

I'm still going.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 17th Dec, 2010

how can a rat attend a festival?

therat

therat said on the 17th Dec, 2010

We get free invites to the food stalls.

tyler07 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

My 14 year old self was so excited on hearing 'unholy confessions' live...

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 17th Dec, 2010

you mean you aren't 14 i just assumed with your crafter and amity fanboy ways that you were a sexually confused mangirl ;)

joshonfire

joshonfire said on the 17th Dec, 2010

g man, have you looked at yourself? you are a bridge troll but uglier. the world would be a better place if you crawled back into the hole you came from.

lukey26

lukey26 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

I'm still going.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 17th Dec, 2010

Look tyler has a bffl on here, oh no someone commented on my image how original, seeing how you are named after alexisonfire i'm guessing you have the same taste as tyler , funny how no one cared about break even until rohan necked himself does bring irony to the name break even however.

Shieldsy23

Shieldsy23 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

This is a joke right?
Whilst he's not bad, the Rev really wasn't anything special when it comes to metal drummers.
Portonoy however, is a motherfucking freak of nature

lukey26

lukey26 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

You're such a whiney man child Gareth. Grow up, or shut up. Everybody is sick of your immature bs.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 17th Dec, 2010

aw look the little kid of faster louder is telling me to grow up,rofl, if only i was cool to meet biffy clyro i will have to settle for far superior songwriters like damon albarn m8.

lukey26

lukey26 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

lrn 2 spll dood.

Different tastes in music has nothing to do with you always being an ignorant shit. I have different taste in music to SO many people on here, but it's no excuse to be a cunt. You on the other hand, clearly are so deluded and warped that you consider everybody to be a sort of musical enemy. It's kinda screwed up.

:D

EDIT: Thats the first time I've seen FL introduce a censor bar. :) Maybe make a block feature so I don't have to read G-Man's tripe anymore?

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 17th Dec, 2010

age has nothing to do with it i can voice my opinion on which bands and people i dislike only fitting that the dude is from brisbane, it is a failure of a city which shows as all the clubs are closing, only decent club is fans/lambda tbqh, also what's wrong with the word cunt fl ;)

lukey26

lukey26 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

What does your ignorance have to do with venues closing?

My point is, you're older than most people here, yet the majority without naming names, are more mature than you will ever be.

lineofbestfit

lineofbestfit said on the 17th Dec, 2010

good to see you base your opinions on internet posts either way. either way

Braveheart81 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

Haven't you been singing Brisbane's praises for about the last year? Why the change of heart?

Stefan Beck said on the 17th Dec, 2010

There's a song by Brisbane on the next Twilight soundtrack.

tyler07 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

Ahh, g-man, haven't we had some good times. Will legit buy you a beer at La Dispute.

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 17th Dec, 2010

good to see you base your opinions on internet posts either way. either way

and being that we all know each other only from an online forum (excepting that a few know each other IRL). what should we base our opinions on? each other's avatar?

JackP

JackP said on the 18th Dec, 2010

Maddah has apparently asked Thrice to fill their slot now. Fingers crossed they say yes.

AdelheidePhotography

AdelheidePhotography said on the 18th Dec, 2010

Also just heard whisper via twitter that Thrice are being asked to fill! Fingers crossed it gets confirmed. Will be a VERY happy girl if this happens!

disco

disco said on the 19th Dec, 2010

i just wish someone would hurry up and bring filter out.

Ronny

Ronny said on the 19th Dec, 2010

I like to think its the avatar talking. Some of the best quotes this year came from Lil Wayne and Jarvis Cocker. Add accents and its comedy gold.

therat

therat said on the 19th Dec, 2010

This is a joke right?
Portonoy however, is a motherfucking freak of nature

Joke about what? Portonoy is finishing with A7X hence why I thought they may not have a suitable replacement. Though the stories I heard were it was only ever a short term thing (from Mikes point of view) but I read that he wanted to continue so I'm not sure what the go is.

I thought the Rev was very unique in his style, I've seen him play several times and was blown away by sum of the technical things he could, some of which whilst singing. Dream Theatre and A7X are completey different bands so it's kind of hard to compare drummers in that way.

grattan said on the 23rd Dec, 2010

From AJ: Turns out Thrice have a show they can't get out of. Back to the drawing board :(

lisa1302

lisa1302 said on the 24th Dec, 2010

not happy was really looking forward to seeing these guys perform

afimelb

afimelb said on the 24th Dec, 2010

i'm not surprised they dropped out. the sw melb lineup is weird this yr what were they thinking .last yr the biggest bands got to play last like faith no more

radical_man

radical_man said on the 26th Dec, 2010

Is this some sort of Anal Sex thread?

Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis said on the 27th Dec, 2010

BrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewvBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewvBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNewBrandNew