Final Meredith Music Festivalline-up

We had almost forgotten how amazing the 20th Meredith Music Festival line-up is until this morning’s addition of the final six bands.

Joining Dirty Three and Neil Finn at the Supernatural Amphitheatre this December will be Chicago jazz group the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Sydney hot things Kyu, Lovefingers, Kimbra and the Puta Madre Brothers.

As usual the equally hairy and hilarious Angus Sampson will be MCing all of Sunday’s activities, DJ Fee B-Squared, DJ Peoples and Zan Rowe will be providing the tunes between bands and, to the delight of everyone who missed it the first time around, the Meredith Sky Show will return in a new format for the first time since 2007.

Start counting down because is only fifty-eight more sleeps until the 20th Meredith Music Festival.

Comments

spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle said on the 13th Oct, 2010

The final list of acts have been added to the Meredith 2010 lineup. Nothing im familiar with, but some of them seem to be interesting.

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
Lovefingers
Kimbra
Kyu
Puta Madre Brothers

MorningAfterboy said on the 13th Oct, 2010

Kimbra is seriously fantastic, she's gonna be big.

Jose Cuervo said on the 13th Oct, 2010

:( i wanna see hypnotic brass again

grattan said on the 13th Oct, 2010

Hypnotic Brass = win!

But with both Kyu and Rat Vs Possum on the bill there's a danger of overdosing on Creative Arts dropouts covered in glitter chanting over 'tribal beats' (Damn you Animal Collective, look at the mess you've made!)

spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle said on the 13th Oct, 2010

I wasnt counting down the days, but i am now. thanks for reminding me how close it is.

Jose Cuervo said on the 13th Oct, 2010

trying to offload a few of their cds after their set

Jose Cuervo said on the 13th Oct, 2010

2 of the dudes from Hypnotic Brass Ensemble

anonymousguy90

anonymousguy90 said on the 13th Oct, 2010

hypnotic brass will be playing the friday i'd guess with there gorillaz appearance on saturday

joshonfire

joshonfire said on the 13th Oct, 2010

zan rowe is a precocious c#*t!

MorningAfterboy said on the 13th Oct, 2010

I, too, snort mountains of cocaine before posting.

joshonfire

joshonfire said on the 13th Oct, 2010

maybe i was being too harsh. she shits me though.

Hinee

Hinee said on the 13th Oct, 2010

Holy shit, I'm just watching Border Security on Channel 7 and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble are being questioned by customs as to why they're entering the country ahahah

MorningAfterboy said on the 13th Oct, 2010

Wait...why are you watching Border Security?

Jose Cuervo said on the 13th Oct, 2010

To laugh at the silly people who try to smuggle rediculous shit in....I know that's why I flick it on occassionally

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 13th Oct, 2010

woah, grattan that track is cool. I was only familar with their name because of the latest Gorillaz album.

Looking forward to seeing these guys.

Hinee

Hinee said on the 13th Oct, 2010

I really like it, the way customs officials can pick a trafficker out of a crowd amazes me. Always was a line of work I was interested in.

For those playing at home, it was the drummer being questioned about his criminal past where he drove his brother to a place where he did and armed robbery. Served 9 weeks jail haha. They let him in the country tho, with no help from his agent who filled out his visa forms without him knowing

grattan said on the 13th Oct, 2010

And excuse the weird pic but their cover of OutKast's SpottieOttieDopaliscious is killer:

The Great Monkey War

The Great Monkey War said on the 13th Oct, 2010

Ah nice. Epic OutKast song too.

Jose Cuervo said on the 13th Oct, 2010

The same dude i posted a photo of before, but at glasto, Hypnotic Brass were running late, so the dude decided to stage dive and crowd surf to pass some time

TinTin

TinTin said on the 15th Oct, 2010

Balls. I wanna go!! I think FL should have a competition for tickets where I win

Jose Cuervo said on the 15th Oct, 2010

O shit tinners is still alive and kickin' in Scotland

TinTin

TinTin said on the 15th Oct, 2010

Yessireeee! Well barely alive and definitely not kicking today.
Absolutely fooked like. Massive night, hands on the wall spewing last night. Got escorted home where I fell out of my top bunk FML.

How are you, Lakky?

Jose Cuervo said on the 15th Oct, 2010

In a lot better condition than you, but then again, being in Scotland, there really isnt much to do there beside drink. Wish i could of stuck around longer actually, enjoyed Glasgow and Steve's crazy friends. But if i can get the time ill write out a lovely facebook message for you or somethinks :D

TinTin

TinTin said on the 21st Oct, 2010

That sounds just gret! Glad you had a blast, shame I missed you :(
There’s more to do here than drink! There’s a shit-tonne to see and the history is amazing!
There’s parades on the Royal Mile here ALL THE TIME! So annoying cause my hostel is bang on it and am always getting woken up to horses or bagpipes or whatever. Pretty cool though. Lovin it sick.

Anyway, on topic…

People are total c*nts. Checked Ebay in the chance I could rustle up enough cash to purchase a ticket for Meredith and there are some going for $400! WTF! I’ve never seen tickets scalped above cost for Meredith. What’s the world coming to?
Shame. Can’t believe I might be back and not there. Tear.

End rant.