About the Author

Image for The Vines headline Annandale's 10th birthday week

The Vines headline Annandale's10th birthday week

Celebrating ten years since the Rule brothers re-opened the Annandale Hotel with live music, this June and July will see ten days of huge acts gracing its famous stage, beginning with The Vines on Wednesday June 23. Perennial party animals Bluejuice and the John Steel Singers will join Craig and co in the opening night revelry.

Thursday June 24 sees Dallas Crane, a long-time Annandale institution, return after two years to blow punters away once more. Support comes from Dan Brodie and the Grieving Widows. The very next night, mellow sensations Cloud Control will play by popular (and critical) demand on Friday June 25.

Saturday June 26 sees Elefant Traks presenting a collection of Australian hip-hop royalty, with Ozi Batla launching his new album Wild Colonial, accompanied by The Tongue and The Last Kinection.

Australian music icon Richard Clapton brings 35 years of classic songwriting to his show on July 1, before Regurgitator wrap things up with a bang on Saturday July 3, supported by Ouch My Face and Step Panther.

Bands for Sunday June 27, Wednesday June 30 and Friday July 2 are yet to be announced.

Comments

Dexter Ramone

Dexter Ramone said on the 25th May, 2010

Going to a few of these. Dying inside that I'm going to miss the unannounced July 2 show. I heard whispers about it a few weeks ago.

grattan said on the 25th May, 2010

What kind of whispers?

MorningAfterboy said on the 25th May, 2010

Careless ones.

Will be at the Vines show.

Dexter Ramone

Dexter Ramone said on the 25th May, 2010

Sworn to secrecy. Tis a sexy show however

Alexphotosite

Alexphotosite said on the 25th May, 2010

I hope they can come up with, besides the vines and 'Gurge', acts better than Richard Crapton and Dalla Wane! Urrrgh!

Alexphotosite

Alexphotosite said on the 25th May, 2010

Oh and Cloud Control are great too!

pac man

pac man said on the 25th May, 2010

tickets purchased for vines show.

MorningAfterboy said on the 25th May, 2010

Dalla Wane? That's the best you could come up with? Pathetic.

gumbuoy said on the 25th May, 2010

Seconded. I actually had to look up the news article to see who he was making fun of. Insult fail.

Meanwhile, Dallas Crane have kicked ass most times that I've seen them, even if their albums never really matched it....

Alexphotosite

Alexphotosite said on the 25th May, 2010

Dallas Crane suck balls big time! Might as well have got Thirtsty Merc to do the same spot and the same kind of people will show up!

Drunk bogans who go apeshit at a few simple powerchords and an alcohol/smoke effected voice + simple drums and a bassline that just follows the guitar. YAAAWWN!

Braveheart81 said on the 25th May, 2010

Maybe they want those people to show up who will by a few beers rather than whinging hipsters worried about whether their stovepipe jeans match their sailor hats.

gumbuoy said on the 25th May, 2010

Theyre no Lady Gaga, thats for sure. Im not doing the meme, someone else can do it, Im too tired.

MorningAfterboy said on the 26th May, 2010

Yeah guys, fucking Mike Fielding playing Poker Face on his iPod is much more worthy of our time than a hard-working, unpretentious Australian rock band. Herrppp derpppp.

Alexphotosite

Alexphotosite said on the 26th May, 2010

MAB, shoosh! You were not there!

He had a massive CD wallet and played everything from it!

The fact that he played Gaga just goes to show how far her music reaches and the people who like it are more than mere tweens and pop-princess wannabes.

Braveheart81 said on the 26th May, 2010

You are correct.

Lady Gaga's music is also enjoyed by adults who act like tweens and pop princess wannabes.

Alexphotosite

Alexphotosite said on the 26th May, 2010

You are correct.

Teeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeee!

MorningAfterboy said on the 26th May, 2010

You are correct.

Alex is definitely the former.

MorningAfterboy said on the 26th May, 2010

Interestingly enough, I was just down the road watching the Hoodoo Gurus - as luck would have it, a hard-working, unpretentious Australian rock band.

Braveheart81 said on the 26th May, 2010

You forgot to mention awesome.

Alexphotosite

Alexphotosite said on the 26th May, 2010

Yadda yadda yadda!

And you were there to see them perform that song from the footy ads too.

Before you cut in, I know what that song's called and know it's changed for the ads.

gumbuoy said on the 26th May, 2010

it's implied and generally accepted as fact.

MorningAfterboy said on the 26th May, 2010

Did you see them either night, Will? They were great.

Yadda yadda yadda!

And you were there to see them perform that song from the footy ads too.

You know what the song's called? Awesome! Did Mike Fielding play it in his set or something?

Braveheart81 said on the 26th May, 2010

I was busy both nights unfortunately. I have seen them many times before though.

Always enjoy them. They are just about my favourite sing along band when I am in the car by myself.

Alexphotosite

Alexphotosite said on the 26th May, 2010

Did you see them either night, Will? They were great.

Nope, I just have vast musical knowledge.

MorningAfterboy said on the 26th May, 2010

Yeah, this was my third time seeing them. They'll be back on the road before the year's end, after they head to Europe and the States. I reckon they'll be on the Homebake bill, which would be great.

Oh, yeah, totally...as long as the band were "cool" between 2005 and now you're a fucking expert.

Alexphotosite

Alexphotosite said on the 26th May, 2010

Nope, kid I'd skool you at musical trivia!

Alexphotosite

Alexphotosite said on the 26th May, 2010

Literal Obvious Literature

arfy

arfy said on the 1st Jun, 2010

does nobody care that the poor cancelled??? ;)

shotgunblonde

shotgunblonde said on the 1st Jun, 2010

i think it's awesome the vines are gonna play such a low key venue. played there before and i think it's gonna be a huge night for the annandale. awesome stuff

shotgunblonde

shotgunblonde said on the 1st Jun, 2010

never heard of the poor but we took their place that night and thursdays at the annandale go well!

gumbuoy said on the 1st Jun, 2010

for realz?

watch this and try not to rock the fuck out too hard.

arfy

arfy said on the 1st Jun, 2010

watch this and try not to rock the fuck out too hard.

that was a long time ago. i made the mistake of buying the album after hearing that song...

shotgunblonde

shotgunblonde said on the 2nd Jun, 2010

for realz?

watch this and try not to rock the fuck out too hard.

thanks for the video. f%^&* awesome rock. wish we did play with them that night.