• 16
  • 1706
Image for Rowland S Howard pulls out of Homebake

Rowland S Howard pulls out ofHomebake

Punk legend Rowland S Howard has had to pull out of Homebake due to medical reasons. According to a statement issued by the festival, Howard has made the decision based on “medical advice received yesterday” and has extended a heartfelt apologies to his fans.

Having finally released his new solo album Pop Crimes in October, Howard was set to be a highlight of the festival for those punters wanting to avoid My Hapiness sing-alongs and children.

Rowland only recently went public with news that he has been battling liver cancer for sometime now. We wish him all the best and hope to see him back this way mighty soon.

Comments

www.fasterlouder.com.au arrow left
28496
MorningAfterboy

MorningAfterboy said on the 4th Dec, 2009

Any idea as to what is going to happen with the timetable?

Braveheart81

Braveheart81 said on the 4th Dec, 2009

I wonder if he has Hep C from his IV drug use? If so, his prognosis from liver cancer can't be too crash hot.

Poor guy.

Rex Everything

Rex Everything said on the 4th Dec, 2009

Hopefully he gets much better and returns with a full Australian tour. Pop Crimes is one of my favourite albums released this year.

Demosthenes

Demosthenes said on the 4th Dec, 2009

The stuff.co.nz article sounded pretty grim for prognosis. Despite that he still seemed fairly upbeat.

Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer said on the 4th Dec, 2009

Fuck, he was 1% of the reason I'm going to Homebake (the other 99% being TUMBLEWEED)

dogmongler

dogmongler said on the 4th Dec, 2009

if you're going for tweed and not underground lovers you have issues

fortunately i am not going for either and thus am awesome

Braveheart81

Braveheart81 said on the 4th Dec, 2009

if you're going for tweed and not underground lovers you have issues

fortunately i am not going for either and thus am awesome

Are you celebrating your awkwardness I mean awesomeness by dancing around in your tight jeans and No Age shirt?

Piko

Piko said on the 4th Dec, 2009

*throws on his gangster hat*

well i'll be stylish! unless they have a hat selling market stall = / then i wont be so stylish...

Piko

Piko said on the 5th Dec, 2009

He was replaced by Dappled Cities

ThatDude123

ThatDude123 said on the 5th Dec, 2009

Somehow I knew that already whilst being in Brazil. Crazy

bokky

bokky said on the 5th Dec, 2009

firstly, spell his fucking name right. secondly, i really felt his absence yesterday, he was a major drawcard for me. here's hoping to a full recovery and many more years of his amazing writings.