Placebo post sideshow dates

Soundwave 2010 stars Placebo have announced two headline shows on their official website. In addition to playing each stop of the giant festival around the country, the masters of nasal-angst will regale their devotees in Sydney and Melbourne.

This year Placebo released its sixth album Battle For The Sun, with new recruit Steve Forrest on the skins. They’ve been touring heavily ever since, including a triumphant showing at the Reading and Leeds Festivals.

According to the Placebo website, these are the Soundwave sideshow dates. Tickets go on sale on Thursday 19 November.

Monday 22nd February – The Festival Hall, Melbourne
Wednesday 24th February – Hordern Pavilion, Sydney

Check out the new Placebo line-up playing Battle For The Sun cut Kitty Litter at Pink Pop Festival 2009.

Comments

de-tec-tive

de-tec-tive said on the 6th Nov, 2009

from: http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/mynews.php?id=454

PLACEBO ANNOUNCE 2 AUSTRALIAN SHOWS

05.11.2009
After recently confirming their appearance at the SOUNDWAVE Festival, PLACEBO are delighted to announce they are to play 2 further shows during their visit to Australia.

The band are to play :
Monday 22nd February - The Festival Hall, Melbourne
(Tickets go on sale on Thursday 19th November : www.ticketmaster.com.au)

Wednesday 24th February - Hordern Pavilion, Sydney
(Tickets go on sale on Thursday 19th November : www.ticketek.com.au)

We look forward to seeing you at the shows
Peace + Love
PLACEBO

i'm def going to Sydney, but it sucks that i won't be able to catch both Soundwave and the sideshow at once :(

de-tec-tive

de-tec-tive said on the 6th Nov, 2009

it goes sydney soundwave > melb sideshow > sydney sideshow > melbourne soundwave. i can't fly up and back twice in one week.

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 6th Nov, 2009

oh no you only get to see them three times! tragedy!

kinksta

kinksta said on the 6th Nov, 2009

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im there!

feelingsinister

feelingsinister said on the 6th Nov, 2009

hmm in my experience placebo tend to play the same set, complete with the same (or similar) crowd banter, for each of their shows... its not worth seeing them multiple times. though that said, this was about five years ago so maybe they've lifted their game since.

Braveheart81 said on the 6th Nov, 2009

I found their last Australian tour quite average when I saw their Hordern gig.

I really like Placebo too.

mr_doobi

mr_doobi said on the 6th Nov, 2009

oh mr molko i wanna be ur loverrr.

dream_brother

dream_brother said on the 6th Nov, 2009

Really? Seen them four times and thoroughly enjoyed each gig.

DID I MENTION I SAW THEM IN EUROPE TOO!?!?!?!?

Braveheart81 said on the 6th Nov, 2009

I know a guy that went to the same high school at Brian Molko.

feelingsinister

feelingsinister said on the 6th Nov, 2009

I meant for each tour. A few years ago I saw them at Splendour, then 2 shows in Sydney and they were mirror images of the same gig.

dream_brother

dream_brother said on the 6th Nov, 2009

Mmm I saw them on four separate tours and they all had similarities.. But I guess any band you watch on a somewhat frequent basis is going to give that impression.

de-tec-tive

de-tec-tive said on the 6th Nov, 2009

i'm thinking the sydney/melbourne thing could be a typo and the sydney show is actually on the monday and melbourne wednesday? that would make alot more sense

MorningAfterboy said on the 6th Nov, 2009

No can do, babe - Mike and the boys have the Hordern on the Monday.

JackT

JackT said on the 6th Nov, 2009

Just received word the Sydney show is actually at the Enmore Theatre.

anxious0

anxious0 said on the 6th Nov, 2009

I saw them in august but I was mostly having a nap while they were on...

was an awesome nap tho