Soundwave line-up 2010

THE SECOND LINE-UP ANNOUNCEMENT IS RIGHT HERE.

After enduring months of forum squabbling, bets and revelations, it is with equal parts excitement and relief that we finally bring you the official first line-up for Soundwave 2010.

Announcing their reformation in early 2009, it has only been two months since Faith No More made their triumphant return to the stage at the Brixton Academy in London. After weeks of mumblings and a few hints from Mike Paton himself, it is with much excitement (and a little bit of wee in our pants) that we confirm the alternative metal legends as the headliners for Soundwave 2010.

It has been over two years since Gerard Way brought his Black Parade dowunder, so it comes as no surprise that My Chemical Romance will be returning to Australia to head-up the wave of sound in 2010. Making just as much noise and wearing slightly more make-up at next year’s Soundwave will be the ever intriguing Davey Havok and AFI.

The big names keep coming with Finnish rockers HIM, Jesse Hughes’ Eagles Of Death Metal and post-hardcore punks Alexisonfire all set to ride the wave in February. And last but definitely not least, with septic elbows long behind them, Jane’s Addiction, will finally make their long-awaited return to Australia as part of Soundwave 2010.

The first line-up for Soundwave 2010:

Faith No More ( Go inside the weird world of Mike Patton with FL)
My Chemical Romance
The Aquabats
Rolo Tomassi
Baroness
Rx Bandits
Maximum The Hormone
The Creepshow

Re-visit all of the action from last year’s Soundwave right here.

Soundwave 2010 will take place on the following dates:
Saturday Feb 20 – Brisbane
Sunday Feb 21- Sydney
Friday Feb 26 – Melbourne
Saturday Feb 27 – Adelaide
Monday March 1- Perth

Comments

tyler07 said on the 26th Aug, 2009

this is a fucking shambles
as far as i know i have 6 tix reserved and i know that the credit card info was correct
and if they hold true to the 48 hours second chance thing im just going to assume i have tickets
far fucking out though, i must thank soundwave for all their helpful information and treatment of customers...
kenny west should give AJ some advice on how to run a festival...

Rex Everything

Rex Everything said on the 26th Aug, 2009

I can only go to Adelaide or Brisbane, but I won't know which one till the end of the year; kinda makes shit hard to plan.

Why are Brisbane general tix on sale now and everyone else goes through early bird in august and then general sale on the 18th of sept?

tyler07 said on the 26th Aug, 2009

you can still only get brizzy full price tix if you were signed up to EBT's, rest will be september 19th...
and its only brisbane because no other city is on sale yet...

CerpicO

CerpicO said on the 26th Aug, 2009

fuck SWaves shitty arse website, it wont even let me login in!!! grrr

Rex Everything

Rex Everything said on the 26th Aug, 2009

and its only brisbane because no other city is on sale yet...

Ah it all makes sense now. Better than a punch in the face I guess.

Not very professional of the festival organiser to be laying into people on the forums though.

CerpicO

CerpicO said on the 26th Aug, 2009

do they send out the email on the day before ur city goes on sale or what? im confused and scared...

lanesra23

lanesra23 said on the 26th Aug, 2009

Indeed it has fucked me over. Tough titties I guess.

snapcrackleROCK

snapcrackleROCK said on the 27th Aug, 2009

How do you even know if you have tix? I bought two for Brisbane yesterday - full price, got the ol' Tix Are Reserved: Print this Page for Your Records action. It has a receipt no, it has thank you for your purchase blah blah blah. No money taken from my account.

WTF?

craig123

craig123 said on the 27th Aug, 2009

i got an email from Oztix - they haven't started processing yet - confirmation emails should come out later today/tonight. If there are issues with c/cards they will let you know. But if you have an order number they have your records.

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 27th Aug, 2009

line up not included, soundwave continues to be a joke.

craig123

craig123 said on the 27th Aug, 2009

sydney sales were much more of a panic station than Brisbane - i just cant wait to see what happens tonight for Melb !

snapcrackleROCK

snapcrackleROCK said on the 27th Aug, 2009

Hopefully this means all the kiddies are spending their money on SW, and there will be less pressure on BDO...

unlachs

unlachs said on the 27th Aug, 2009

wait what....why are people buying tickets now?

soundwave is actually going to sell out this year?

JackT

JackT said on the 27th Aug, 2009

Yo dudes, very good quality videos from Lowlands Festival of Faith No More.

JackT

JackT said on the 27th Aug, 2009

Napoleon Solo said on the 27th Aug, 2009

wait what....why are people buying tickets now?

soundwave is actually going to sell out this year?

Pretty stupid to put off buying tickets under the assumption it won't sell out. Why tempt fate?

Hey, anyone get a confirmation for the Sydney earlybird tickets yet?

Napoleon Solo said on the 27th Aug, 2009

aah shit I hope nobody closed the computer window at home, otherwise I have lost my order number.

craig123

craig123 said on the 27th Aug, 2009

confirmation for brisbane tix (as per Oztix email) are due out tonight, so sydneys aren't likely till tomorrow at earliest.

brittles

brittles said on the 27th Aug, 2009

I swear to god, Mike Patton hasn't aged a day since I was 15.

sarahanne

sarahanne said on the 27th Aug, 2009

I was JUST thinking that.

I love love him and yet am so scared of him!

craig123

craig123 said on the 27th Aug, 2009

for anyone that cares - I just recieved my confirmation email from Oztix for Brisbane presale and funds are gone. So they are processing (so far) within the 48 hours they mentioned.

Napoleon Solo said on the 27th Aug, 2009

I was JUST thinking that.

I love love him and yet am so scared of him!

Mike has nothing on Chuck, in the scare department.

JackT

JackT said on the 27th Aug, 2009

I couldn't stop thinking how comfy his red pyjama ensemble looked.

Cpt_Pugwash

Cpt_Pugwash said on the 27th Aug, 2009

I care craig123, this means I should have mine

craig123

craig123 said on the 27th Aug, 2009

Cptpug should't be too far away then.

brittles

brittles said on the 27th Aug, 2009

With matching shoes and diamantes nonetheless!!!

I quite like the part when he decided to sit down mid-song...That Mike is crazy!

tyler07 said on the 27th Aug, 2009

I rang oztix today coz i was starting to get nervous about my confirmation email not arriving, and they said my order was sweet and stuff and i know the credit card details and money is sweet etc.

Point is: If you give them your name and stuff they can tell you your order number just in case

Napoleon Solo said on the 27th Aug, 2009

I'll just wait out the 48 hours, not too worried as yet.

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 27th Aug, 2009

payment has been processed
money is no longer in my account.
*sigh of relief*

Cpt_Pugwash

Cpt_Pugwash said on the 28th Aug, 2009

wooooo payment processed, got me EB's

snapcrackleROCK

snapcrackleROCK said on the 28th Aug, 2009

Still doesn't mean I've got tickets, right?

SOUNDWAVE 2010 CONFIRMATION EMAIL

Hello,

Just a quick note to let you know that due to the large amount of orders
being processed for SOUNDWAVE 2010 it is taking some time. If you have
your order confirmation number you will receive your email very soon. We
hope that this has not caused to much worry and thank you for your
patience.

If you have emailed us with regards to amending details on your order,
we will be making those amendents after the initial order receipt is
sent. So please wait for your second email if this is the case.

craig123

craig123 said on the 28th Aug, 2009

not till you get a personalised one and money is gone snap my man. But don't worry it will come.

tyler07 said on the 28th Aug, 2009

Finally got my confirmation email last night, thank god.
Still it's been the worst ticketing system i think i've seen, so much confusion and lack of information.
What is ol' AJ doing?!

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 28th Aug, 2009

silveretta

silveretta said on the 28th Aug, 2009

Could someone tell me what time of the day early bird tickets have been going on sale in other states?
I'm buying them tomorrow, I don't know if the sale time is listed somewhere really obviously, but I can't seem to see it in the email or website.

tyler07 said on the 28th Aug, 2009

Midnight. That is all.

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 28th Aug, 2009

i woke up at 5 to go to work and checked and there were some then so midnight must be right

craig123

craig123 said on the 28th Aug, 2009

it's been midnight for all eb sales

Napoleon Solo said on the 29th Aug, 2009

Got my confirmation for Sydney.

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 29th Aug, 2009

r u a new south welshman or a queenslander craig?

CerpicO

CerpicO said on the 29th Aug, 2009

so have u guys had to wait out the full 48 hours? because ive had to sit through a day and a half of agony over this shit so far with no sings from oztix

Rex Everything

Rex Everything said on the 29th Aug, 2009

Got my early bird tix confirmed for Adelaide.
Will get Brisvagas tix when they go on sale proper.

Sucks that there is a 80% chance I won't be able to go to one of them.

Napoleon Solo said on the 29th Aug, 2009

There is nothing to worry about, they have said it might take longer than 48 hours just be patient. If you haven't got your confirmation by the end of next week, then I'd consider worrying.

CerpicO

CerpicO said on the 29th Aug, 2009

its allll gooooood, someone here's goin to see faith no more!

thank you for your concern on the issue though it was much obbliged

Piko

Piko said on the 30th Aug, 2009

If i remove those bands i may aswell just go to sideshows!

hellboy1975

hellboy1975 said on the 31st Aug, 2009

Best idea I've heard all day!

tyler07 said on the 1st Sep, 2009

I would almost be willing to put money on Enter Shikari being on the small round of acts added for the 2nd lineup.

Who does everybody think should be the local supports?
For Brisbane, as much as i love The Amity Affliction, i struggle to see them opening the metal stage for a 3rd year in a row... And the Forlorn Gaze make me want to shoot myself.
I've also been hearing that The Red Shore is semi-confirmed to open the metal stage in Melbz, i'm going to see them at the princess theatre next week, very good live band.

Napoleon Solo said on the 1st Sep, 2009

Who does everybody think should be the local supports?

I am hoping none like last year, Closure In Moscow would be my bet if I had to.

tyler07 said on the 1st Sep, 2009

Alot of people seem to be thinking that Closure in Moscow are going to open.
I'm really not a fan, do not interest me at all i must say.
What city do you attend Napoleon?

Napoleon Solo said on the 1st Sep, 2009

Alot of people seem to be thinking that Closure in Moscow are going to open.
I'm really not a fan, do not interest me at all i must say.
What city do you attend Napoleon?

Sydney and maybe Melbourne.

tyler07 said on the 1st Sep, 2009

Oh true, how was eastern creek as a venue this year?
Have you been to the Brisbane one before?

MorningAfterboy said on the 1st Sep, 2009

Eastern Creek was a bitch to get into; but once you were inside it wasn't too bad.

tyler07 said on the 1st Sep, 2009

I heard the line issues were pretty appauling.
I would've lost my shit hardcore if i had've missed The Subways like i know some friends from Sydney did due to the lines.

Knaggz

Knaggz said on the 1st Sep, 2009

you know forlorn gaze are a joke yeah?

tyler07 said on the 2nd Sep, 2009

yes, but they're still painful to listen to, and take up a space a better band could fill.

tyler07 said on the 5th Sep, 2009

With the soundwave lineup announcement coming so early, which i presume is due to the leaking of many bands, does anybody else think they might've held back a few popular acts to announce around the time of BDO lineup announcement?

BDO vs. SW 2010 - who will win best lineup?!?!?!?!?!?

unlachs

unlachs said on the 5th Sep, 2009

the guys at soundwave can still afford more high-quality bands?

andy_chalmers_102

andy_chalmers_102 said on the 5th Sep, 2009

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the soundwave tour promoters go bankrupt or something last year?

hellboy1975

hellboy1975 said on the 5th Sep, 2009

I can't remember the specifics, but it wasn't the organisers that went broke. It was their parent company or something like that.

tyler07 said on the 5th Sep, 2009

i more meant like they've already paid for them, but they've withheld their names to compete with the BDO lineup if it turns out to be any good
with blink-182 on it, who will inevitably draw some kiddies and the soundwave crowd, and it not selling out last year, they probs thought they would've had to pull out something good...

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 8th Sep, 2009

wtf? it's called Faith No More.
soundwave is already unbelievable.
don't be so naive to think a second lineup is going to be epic. that's just plain selfish

Big Day Out is a festival to get fucked up and listen to bands, Soundwave is for people who love their metal. Big Day Out (apples) will not take any of the Soundwave Crowd (Oranges)

brittles

brittles said on the 9th Sep, 2009

I'm now convinced that you are retarded...

...because The Get Up Kids and The Weakerthans are metal as karnt......

tyler07 said on the 9th Sep, 2009

wtf? it's called Faith No More.
soundwave is already unbelievable.

You are a deadset clown.
I was simply speculating, and i wasn't making any comment about the line-up. I think it is already amazing, but with more acts to come, it is not so far out to suggest the possibility of a couple more big names, i.e. underoath, dillinger escape plan and forever the sickest kids got main stage spots on this years 2nd lineup, and jack's mannequin and all that remains are also fairly popular and attracted decent crowds.

Yeah, BDO is only for getting fucked up and listening to bands, i'm sure nobody goes there to do anything else. And, Soundwave is such a 666-br00tal-\m/ metal festival, with all those Get Up Kids, Sunny Day Real Estate, Weakerthans, Paramore, My Chemical Romance, Jane's Addiction, AFI.....shall i go on?

Napoleon Solo said on the 9th Sep, 2009

The Verdict on Mondo is in, he is a cockgobbler.

Braveheart81 said on the 9th Sep, 2009

A cursory glance at the Splendour Forum could have told you that.

Napoleon Solo said on the 9th Sep, 2009

I thought he would be too Metal ergh for the Splendour forum.

brittles

brittles said on the 9th Sep, 2009

He might be too metal but he is certainly enough of an idiot.

I think the Splendour forum is dead isn't it?

Napoleon Solo said on the 9th Sep, 2009

He might be too metal but he is certainly enough of an idiot.

I think the Splendour forum is dead isn't it?

Don't know, I'll go check.

Napoleon Solo said on the 9th Sep, 2009

Barely alive, I just gave it a kick.

tyler07 said on the 11th Sep, 2009

mondo is most excited for All Time Low at SW2010
Easily the most brutal band at the metal fest that is SW.

Speaking of though, Suicide Silence for 2nd anouncement, plz.

claaaiiire

claaaiiire said on the 12th Sep, 2009

who do you reckon will be in the second announcement? is there one?

tyler07 said on the 14th Sep, 2009

According to soundwave forum/soundwave twitter:

AJ twittered that there is going to be a 5th stage.

2nd Lineup is a few weeks away.

An article exists (somewhere which my inferior internet skills make it hard to reach) that states that soundwave 2010 will have 50 bands.

mondo22

mondo22 said on the 15th Sep, 2009

Clearly what I meant by my last post is that Big Day Out isnt going to steal Soundwave punters as they are both completely different festivals with completely different audiences and that Soundwave doesnt need to release any bigger names to sell all of its tickets.

To rephrase.... Soundwave is alternative festival that people attend mainly because theyre into that scene whereas most BDO punters don't care who is on the lineup, it's more about the experience (for the majority).

you're going to see GaGa, Britney Spears, Amity Affliction and the band you're looking forward to most at Soundwave after an epic lineup is AFI. GTFO.

tyler07 said on the 15th Sep, 2009

you're a wanker, pretty much all i have to say.

Dexter Ramone

Dexter Ramone said on the 16th Sep, 2009

If you two ever meet IRL I think you're going to fuck.

benr3

benr3 said on the 16th Sep, 2009

I know some of you guys have flamed me in the past for posting links here, so I just want to make a few things clear.

I am not advertising these tix here for any reason other than to help out Faith No More fans who are desperate to see them or worried they will miss out.

There are a VERY limited number available and I will post again when they sell out to avoid more dissapointment.

Let me be very obvious in saying that these tix are at least $30 more expensive than the ones you can buy from oztix and ticketek on friday.

I'm not trying to trick or fool anybody into buying these - I just wanted to put it out there for anybody who doesn't mind paying extra to be sure of seeing one of the greastest bands ever to grace this earth.

Soundwave pre-sale tickets are now available through this private Box office,

Like I said there are only a VERY small number available ( less than 100 )

I just wanted FL punters to know first.:)

I do not profit directly from these sales in any way. I answer the telephone for preferred seating ( making phone bookings) and I get my hourly rate regardless of how the business is going.

I just couldn't keep this one quiet because I fucking love Faith No More and I'm so excited that I've managed to book two tickets for myself ( I thought it would be a total shit fight trying to get these)

Sunnyboyz

Sunnyboyz said on the 16th Sep, 2009

That was an extremely long winded post for such a simple link.

I have a feeling you will be flamed for writing such an essay.

shanti_lttl

shanti_lttl said on the 16th Sep, 2009

local bands.
and enter shikari.

benr3

benr3 said on the 16th Sep, 2009

That was an extremely long winded post for such a simple link.

I have a feeling you will be flamed for writing such an essay.

Haha,

Thanks Sunnyboyz, I'm just trying to help out music fans, - I've been shut down in the past because some people here seem to think I control the price of tix - (if only!)

Braveheart81 said on the 16th Sep, 2009

What the hell is the fascination with Enter Shikari? They are fucking terrible.

benr3 - I have far less problems with you posting the occasional Preferred Seating link now that you are participating on these forums. I don't necessarily speak for anyone else though. In the case of a sold out event, there is merit in letting people know that there are still tickets available somewhere.

benr3

benr3 said on the 16th Sep, 2009

Thanks Braveheart, I think I just got off on the wrong foot with a lot of people here. All I've ever tried to do is help out music fans, I think people assumed because I hadn't posted much I must be on here trying to make sales. And when I complained about the amount of spam building up everything just went to hell! - I only wanted to make friends - I thought people would like to know about early ticket releases.

Dexter Ramone

Dexter Ramone said on the 16th Sep, 2009

local bands.
and enter shikari.

Local bands at Soundwave? Who woulda thunk it. Apparently Australia has punk bands too!

Joe Smiggens

Joe Smiggens said on the 17th Sep, 2009

Why is soundwave so expensive?

Napoleon Solo said on the 17th Sep, 2009

It wasn't expensive a few weeks ago and now It's around the same price as V festival.

shanti_lttl

shanti_lttl said on the 18th Sep, 2009

Look at the headliners. I'm kind of glad it's become more expensive because tickets would go so fast if they were still $99 (that's what I paid in 2008). Actually I only paid $10 more than I did this year.

claaaiiire

claaaiiire said on the 19th Sep, 2009

expensive, but worth it.

Siamesedreamer

Siamesedreamer said on the 19th Sep, 2009

Burns: And to think, Smithers, you laughed when I bought Ticketmaster. Nobody's going to pay a hundred-percent "service charge."

Smithers: It's a policy that ensures a healthy mix of the rich and the ignorant, sir.

tyler07 said on the 20th Sep, 2009

2nd lineup is October 6th. A band that played 08 is on it, and its not Killswitch Engage, because they declined an invite to play. I'd take a punt at Thursday.

Apparently Enter Shikari and Set Your Goals are more or less confirmed, this makes me sad.
Want Suicide Silence and for them to bring back Bring Me The Horizon.

claaaiiire

claaaiiire said on the 20th Sep, 2009

2nd lineup is october 6th. a band that played 08 is on it, and its not killswitch engage, because they declined an invite to play. i'd take a punt at thursday.

apparently enter shikari and set your goals are more or less confirmed, this makes me sad.
want suicide silence and for them to bring back bring me the horizon.

set your goals would be amazing. their new album is so good.

Napoleon Solo said on the 20th Sep, 2009

Want Suicide Silence and for them to bring back Bring Me The Horizon.

Fuck, I hope it is Mewithoutyou.

brittles

brittles said on the 20th Sep, 2009

Me too. But only if they play more Brother, Sister than Its All Crazy! That album has too many religious undertones and therefore makes me very suspicious.

Napoleon Solo said on the 21st Sep, 2009

All their music has religous undertones, but It's All Crazy will just send me to sleep.

brittles

brittles said on the 21st Sep, 2009

True but I think in It's All Crazy! old mate had a complete mind snap. I tried to like it but it just isn't for me yet I love all their other recordings.

mondo22