Splendour Line-up 2009

Never before has the rumour mill spun as feverishly in anticipation of a line-up announcement as it has done for Splendour in the Grass 2009. With only three months to go until the biggest bash of winter returns for its ninth year, we finally have the official word.

Jane’s Addiction are the ultimate purveyors of sex, drugs and rock – œn roll. When they disbanded in 2003 for the second time in their tumultuous history, no one expected to see them play live again – let alone reform with their original line-up. Get ready for all the safari suit, red wine swilling, Dave Navarro posturing you could possible handle, because the original four egos will be landing in Byron come July.

Hot of the back of their much-hyped third album Intimacy, Bloc Party will be returning to Splendour in their only Australian show for the year. Joining them in shaking the foundations of Belongil Fields will be the kids with the feathers and the electric feel (or was that eel?) MGMT, who are making their highly anticipated return to Oz. Our crossed fingers and toes must’ve worked, because those mad scientists The Flaming Lips are also coming to the party – rounding out the top four.

Don’t exhaust all your excitement, – œcause there’s more where that came from. As previously speculated, The Gutter Twins will bring their formidable experience to the table. The international guest-list also features ska legends The Specials, Atlanta indie troupe Manchester Orchestra, brooding UK outfit White Lies, new-wavers Friendly Fires and electro dude Yuksek. As always, the home team has plenty to barrack for too. Splendour alumni Grinspoon are joined by Midnight Juggernauts, Birds Of Tokyo, Augie March, Bob Evans and plenty of others.

So here’s who you’ll be seeing at Splendour In The Grass 2009.

Bloc Party (in their ONLY Australian show)
The Flaming Lips
Jane’s Addiction
MGMT (also in their ONLY Australian show)
Hilltop Hoods
Lost Valentinos
Leader Cheetah
Jack Ladder
The Middle East
Polaroid Fame
Glass Towers

FL is so excited about this years this line-up we decided to take a trip down memory lane and re-visit our favourite Splendour performances of all time. Check them out here.

All tickets will be sold online through www.qjump.com.au. As part of its support for the high demand event, Qjump has implemented innovative ticketing technologies, increased staffing support levels and introduced Westpac as its merchant partner – all aimed at improving the customer experience.

In addition, Qjump has developed new technology that enables the legal resale of tickets, allowing any festival ticket purchaser who is unable to attend the event the chance to secure a refund via a secure online facility. All such tickets are then re-sold at face value online to deter ticket scalping.

Secret Service, FasterLouder and JJJ present

Splendour In The Grass
Saturday July 25th and Sunday July 26th
Belongil Field

Tickets go on sale at www.qjump.com.au from 9am on Thursday 14th May.

Comments

Cpt_Pugwash

Cpt_Pugwash said on the 21st Apr, 2009

no aphex twin? no thanks

saimagizzle

saimagizzle said on the 21st Apr, 2009

Sideshow-a-rama.

I'd love to go, but the shitfight for accomodation just isn't worth it in my book.

sarahanne

sarahanne said on the 21st Apr, 2009

There is a second Line-up to come..that usually has at least one more international..

mick90

mick90 said on the 21st Apr, 2009

Compared to last year this lineup seems trash. I mean its got Bloc Party, MGMT and Friendly Fires but then it has a ton of has beens trying to make comebacks. I had my doubts it could back up 2 years in a row.

k-rad

k-rad said on the 21st Apr, 2009

Bloc Party again... woo!

Chan_Marshall

Chan_Marshall said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

JANE'S ADDICTION = FUCK YEAH

Nick13

Nick13 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Is that it?

Hello Global Financial Crisis!

I was thinking of making my first trip to Splendour this year, but not on the strength of that line-up. The local contingent is decent, but the internationals are pretty pissweak compared to previous years.

Ronny

Ronny said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Sideshow-a-rama.

I'm awaiting A Melbourne announcement....

gumbuoy said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

sorry, but imho im not seeing anyone worth spending three days surrounded by idiots and getting raped by accomodation and food prices, especially since Jane's Addiction have announced sideshows.

*sigh* and we went to a lot of trouble to get in to the splendour club too...

i know there's a second lineup announcement, but if its after the day that tickets go on sale, i dont know why they bother - they're always gonna sell out on the first morning of sales, why not give us the whole lineup in the first announcement? noone can buy tix after the second announcement anyway...

Braveheart81 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

I don't get how people are rating this as an average lineup.

In my opinion when you compare the top few acts this year vs last year:
Janes Addicition is a more exciting act to get than Devo.
Flaming Lips is probably on par with Sigur Ros (music not as good but a terrific live show/festival act)
Bloc Party and Cold War Kids are both frequent visitors. Bloc Party is a bigger international act.

gumbuoy said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

I don't get how people are rating this as an average lineup.

In my opinion when you compare the top few acts this year vs last year:
Janes Addicition is a more exciting act to get than Devo.

all right, so if you assume that those are all one-to-one conversions, where is this years:
- Polyphonic Spree
- The Music
- The Drones
- Gyroscope
- Band Of Horses
- The Wombats
- The Grates

Also, I wouldnt call Cold War Kids frequent visitors...

Braveheart81 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

I must admit that the middle bands seem weaker this year (also why I stopped my post at three bands :) )

Cold War Kids were here this year for Playground, last year for Splendour, and were here sometime around 2006 if my memory serves me correctly. That makes them pretty frequent visitors.

anxious0

anxious0 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Yeah, its pretty unfair to compare a full lineup to a first announcement...

Still I wish I was going!

lanesra23

lanesra23 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

- Polyphonic Spree -
- The Music
- The Drones
- Gyroscope
- Band Of Horses
- The Wombats
- The Grates

Also, I wouldnt call Cold War Kids frequent visitors...

The Specials, Grinspoon, Hilltop Hoods, MGMT (eh crap but they are bigger than The Womats etc), Midnight Juggernauts, Friendly Fires and Manchester Orchestra make up for that list quite easily IMO.

Cold War Kids were here for Splendour last year and Playground Weekender this year, that's pretty frequent for an act of their caliber.

Nick13

Nick13 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Last year's line-up was pretty average too. 2007 looked pretty good though.

What's the deal with Bloc Party not playing any sideshows?!?!?! That's pretty f'd.
I mean, I know they're trying to encourage people to go to the festival and not just the sideshow, but Splendour usually sells out immediately. They must be paying them a bucketload to come out here just for that show.

anxious0

anxious0 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Yeah, given that they've done splendour twice before and were only just out here 6 months ago for a full national tour, having them exclusive makes sense, makes them something special! Probably why they are in the headliner slot instead of JA/Flips

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

because SEX IS VIOLENT!

Frank White

Frank White said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

I hope they record your details so you can't buy a ticket

MorningAfterboy said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Not a bad line-up by any means, but I can definitely see this improving with a strong second announcement.

Very excited for Manchester Orchestra!

Joe Smiggens

Joe Smiggens said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

You are a fucking idiot.

No offence.

Jane's Addiction and The Flaming Lips teach EVERYTHING you mentioned a lesson in music.

gumbuoy said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

You are a fucking idiot.

No offence.

those would be the two reasons i would go, but JA have announced sideshows, and the one time i saw the FL they were pretty much perfect, i'd rather keep them with a perfect record...

lak lak

lak lak said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

hahah that would be funny

You are a fucking idiot.

No offence.

couldn't agree more, those 2 are gonna be so freaking sweet

Braveheart81 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Bullshit.

MGMT is a much better synth pop act than Janes Addiction!!!

pandup

pandup said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Flaming Lips are one of the best bands you will ever see live. That alone is a trump card, Janes Addiction everybody must see once. Friendly Fires great party band, White Lies, just get involved!

Stefan Beck said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Pretty happy I'm just going to the Flips show in Sydney now.

snapcrackleROCK

snapcrackleROCK said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

You are a fucking idiot.

No offence.

What he said.

Also, if my memory is correct, Jane's Addiction and FLips played BDO the same year in 2004. Do they tour together often?

interpolantics

interpolantics said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

i was positive yyy's would be included, i doubt they will be on a 2nd announcement.

this is a strong list of internationals on paper, but bloc and mgmt don't have anything new to offer since they last toured. one-off shows are a complete kick in the face to their fans. f-lips was expected. jane's addiction are not that exciting as a drawcard and the aussie contigent is pretty poor... grinspoon? wtf?

blasko, pyke and augie march belong at blues and roots fest.

expected better given fuji rock lineup.

anxious0

anxious0 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

fuji's in direct competition this year - we didn't get a single act from that lineup

specials, yuksek, flaming lips was all we got from summersonic

libby

libby said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

this is a strong list of internationals on paper, but bloc and mgmt don't have anything new to offer since they last toured. .

mgmt will be playing stuff from the album they're currently working on. I'm sure they'll play the big hits from oracular, but they're definitely adding new stuff since the tour last year

anxious0

anxious0 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

both did sold out tours only months ago... better to save the full tour for when they've got something new? makes their appearance at splendour something special as well

lanesra23

lanesra23 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

mgmt should not be included in the major international acts imo...they have a large following of tards yes, but in terms of material they can only be compared to The Wombats and Vampire Weekend of last years lineup...both of whom are better.

Braveheart81 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

^^ especially considering Vampire Weekend were excellent live, Wombats were pretty good live, and by all reports MGMT were terrible live.

blackandwhiteradio

blackandwhiteradio said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

MANCHESTER ORCHESTRA ARE PLAYING??!! how the fuck do i get to byron

Braveheart81 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

[URL="www.whereis.com.au"]www.whereis.com.au

iNegro

iNegro said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Dissapointing overall.

Flaming Lips, Janes Addiction and the Specials seem to be the highlights. Bloc Party and MGMT are not very good they are bands that people like and for some reason are considered "Indie" even when they are signed to extremely major labels.

Animal Collective, Weezer and some other things from the Japanese festivals would have been nice, but apparently not, I'm sure those bands will come to Australia nonetheless during the year.

It's a rather weak lineup for one of the years major festivals but I've got sideshow tickets so I'm cool.

Braveheart81 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Weezer would have been nice, but apparently not, I'm sure those bands will come to Australia nonetheless during the year.

I don't see how you could be even 10% sure about this...

gumbuoy said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

im not sure how he/she could have got sideshow tickets when the lineup was just announced this morning either...

saimagizzle

saimagizzle said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

You are a fucking idiot.

Thanks for saving me the time to write that. I hope they are offended, nay, shocked, into realising MGMT are the saviours of nothing. If anything, MGMT are has beens already. 3 songs that anyone cared about, and everyone I know who has seen them live trashed them.

sushiandsax

sushiandsax said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

I'm very happy with the line-up...

I love Bloc Party, missed out on them last year because it fell on the last night of schoolies (which was so worth staying for =|). The Flaming Lips I'm ridiculously excited for. Mgmt should be fun. Midnight Juggernauts went off at BDO08. I'm a big Friendly Fires fan. Plus enough other bands I'm half keen on to keep me entertained. Plus I turn 18 the month before :D So yeah. Yay for Splendour 09 (Y)

Liver92

Liver92 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

i'm hoping the second release has something more exciting, to make up for the awsome lineup last year.

:( let down!

guso

guso said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Another line up another bunch of whingers, taking into consideration the fact that it clashes with Fuji rock this year wiped out any chance of seeing Animal Collective and Weezer (dissapointing nonetheless) but honestly when you have the likes of:

The Flaming Lips
The Specials
Janes Addiction
Augie March
Sarah Blasko
White Lies
Manchester Orchestra
The Gutter Twins

and yes Bloc Party and MGMT you would think people could atleast find something to cheer about, i know its everyones right (or prerogative) to voice there opinion but honestly if your not into it dont try and cheapen it or ruin for others who actually are excited.

Also look for Matisyahu (hopefully)on the second lineup..

worldsfastest

worldsfastest said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

The Flaming Lips
The Specials
Janes Addiction
Augie March
Sarah Blasko
White Lies
Manchester Orchestra
The Gutter Twins

Also look for Matisyahu (hopefully)on the second lineup..

fair call but if it people complaining on forums ruins someone else's music experience they don't deserve one

gumbuoy said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

The Flaming Lips
The Specials
Janes Addiction
Augie March
Sarah Blasko
White Lies
Manchester Orchestra
The Gutter Twins

Also look for Matisyahu (hopefully)on the second lineup..

whats worse, whinging about the lineup? or whinging about whinging about the lineup?

gumbuoy said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

I hereby apologise to anyone who I ruined Splendour for when I said I didnt like the lineup.

CoastLAD

CoastLAD said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

thanks apology accepted .. ill be still going to splendour pretty keen for janes addiction, manchester orchestra but after seeing lineup i felt little bit let down but yer what can you do in australia we do get fucked on in festivals.... ashame we clash with fuji!

Braveheart81 said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

How do we get fucked on for festivals?

I think we do pretty bloody well for such a vast, isolated country with a population of only 21 million people.

Stefan Beck said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

I agree with Braveheart.
We do okay for ourselves all things considered.

guso

guso said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

My point was aimed more toward those who automatically dismiss peoples taste in music and enthusiasm for the lineup and hence aim to belittle them by making snide remarks about certain bands as well as the lineup, even though it may or may not be there cup of tea i still believe everyone has a right to be excited without feeling ridiculed, i guess its not so much about the whinging as it is about the bullying tactics that certain people use whilst trying to make them sound more musically enlightened.

By the way i can do sarcasm as well..

Apology accepted.

gumbuoy said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

And my point is that, this being the Internet, the ridiculers have just as much right to ridicule as the exciteds have to be excited.

It's a level, anonymous playing field. You dont like it, you'll have to leave, cos its never gonna be any different.

mustamong

mustamong said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

You never know though Bloc party could drop a new album out of the blue like they did with Intimacy last year?

worldsfastest

worldsfastest said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

if they did it would be rubbish because they wouldve written it in about 1 week

therefore they haven't; money says they don't even have a new song

Beef jerky

Beef jerky said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

This line-up bores the pants off me. I have seen just about all of the main acts (MGMT, Bloc Party, Jane's Addiction, Flaming Lips) and heaps of the smaller ones.

BP and MGMT were just in the country late 2008, for Chrissakes! Why aren't they bringing anyone new down here?

The Flaming Lips and the Specials are the only ones holding up this lame, recycled bill. I'll be seeing their sideshows and Splendour and its shitty ticketing system can fuck off. At least I know I can save my money this year.

Stefan Beck said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

I don't know about that.
Bloc Party seems to be a pretty productive band.

worldsfastest

worldsfastest said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

I don't know about that.
Bloc Party seems to be a pretty productive band.

Yeh there's no doubt about that; three albums in three years (4 in 5) would be pretty exhausting - they're a great band though, i don't actually think it would be rubbish

and they're definitely capable of having a few new songs

MorningAfterboy said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

I'm pretty optimistic there'll be some new material from both BP and MGMT on this tour.
But who knows?

Beef jerky

Beef jerky said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

But who knows?

I heard MGMT on the radio this morning saying there'd definitely be new stuff. More guitar/rock-driven too, then their usual electro-pop sound.

Not sure about Bloc Party though. Since it's a one-off show, I doubt they'll care too much about playing anything new.

grattan said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Since it's a one off show for MGMT as well - and judging by how amazingly bad they are live - I doubt MGMT will play at all. It's all about dancing to backing tapes!

dogmongler

dogmongler said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

sure am glad i'll be out of the country for this one

grattan said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

G-d no - we don't need more novelty acts. This attack on the poser is a great read.

MorningAfterboy said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

Harsh, but a very entertaining read.

I don't think Matisyahu is that bad at all. Live At Stubb's is actually a solid listen, though I'm still not entirely sold on his studio albums yet.

bhutos

bhutos said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

- Polyphonic Spree
- The Music
- The Drones
- Gyroscope
- Band Of Horses
- The Wombats
- The Grates

Also, I wouldnt call Cold War Kids frequent visitors...

Firstly I object to "using up" Janes's addiction on just Devo, they could take out another one or two just in collateral damage. Bloc Party on CWK is also overpowered.
The Drones and Polyphonic Spree were second line up announcements - an argument for later.
Friendly Fires are roughly analgous to BOH or Wombats in terms of size and effect. MGMT is currently bigger than either of them (or both put together) although we're all aware of their live issues (though not personally here). I could miss The Music or Gyroscope quite easily. I'd rather see The Specials, Josh Pyke, Augie March etc. One of which could take the place of the Grates who surely aren't any "bigger" than any of those.

It's not exactly incredibly below '08 yet as far as I can see although I do hear you in general and it needs to be a stronger second ann than last year to fully stack up. last year was pretty much 70% pure awesome.. Sigur Ros, BOH, Wombats, Vampire Weekend, Tokyo Police Club, Polyphonic Spree packs a lot of punch.. but dude.. Jane's Addiction and Flaming Lips... pretty much guaranteed epicness (I haven't seen either and couldn't really justify a 900km + trip to a FL sideshow and see them again within a week). Second ann will pack another 2 must sees to flesh out the admittedly weaker mid section. But all in all it could have been worse given what some people were asking for.

Knaggz

Knaggz said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

apart from JA, FL, and specials.... kinda lame... yyy's and silversuns?

MorningAfterboy said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

There's a healthy enough gap in Silversun's touring schedule. Second announcement, possibly?

unlachs

unlachs said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

no sonic youth? LINE-UP OBVIOUSLY SUCKS

i mean, i wouldn't have gone anyway.

this modern love 28N

this modern love 28N said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

no sonic youth? LINE-UP OBVIOUSLY SUCKS

i mean, i wouldn't have gone anyway.

hate to say it but a lot of lineups dont have sonic youth in them

dogmongler

dogmongler said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

explains why so many festivals suck then

interpolantics

interpolantics said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

lady sovereign is doing parklife, so rest assured she won't be on the 2nd line-up!

Knaggz

Knaggz said on the 22nd Apr, 2009

we should organise our own fest with all the alterna-rock-grunge types on it...
now that would be a fest

iNegro

iNegro said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

Flaming lips tickets went on sale.

this modern love 28N

this modern love 28N said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

and to no surprise... there is no QLD sideshow. only NSW. i should move there soon

guso

guso said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

Fair enough guess ill 'have' to go, no point in hanging round in some form of post-totalitarian wasteland where people are ridiculed for there own opinions and tastes. Good luck to the 'ridiculers' as you put it, hope there happy putting shit on the 'exciteds', though I wonder how much shit they have left to give considering the amount they would have stuck in there ears from having their head constantly up there own arse.

(*clonk *clonk *clonk.. the sound of me 'leaving' the internet)

MorningAfterboy said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

Epically, EPICALLY butthurt.

bhutos

bhutos said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

Contractually maybe they weren't allowed to play another gig within a certain radius and rape Splendour ticket sales. Other bands might.. all depends on $ and negotiations although I see JA are at the tivoli.

worldsfastest

worldsfastest said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

I never knew that was the case. Seems quite pointless seeing as Splendour will undoubtedly sell out.

gumbuoy said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

(*clonk *clonk *clonk.. the sound of me 'leaving' the internet)

what does post-totalitarian mean?

and you do know the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their', right? cos in the above paragraph, you are 1 from 5 on using the correct one.

humanracin

humanracin said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

Wow, is it just me or are most festival lineups lately really meh?
I used to get excited when BDO or Splendour got announced.
This lineup has (once again) 1 or 2 bands that I am only slightly interested in, so I'm not wasting $250 on a ticket.
Lets hope BDO 2010 brings back the magic!!!

this modern love 28N

this modern love 28N said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

Wow, is it just me or are most festival lineups lately really meh?
I used to get excited when BDO or Splendour got announced.
Lets hope BDO 2010 brings back the magic!!!

I wouldn't say it is "meh" but most the bands on the splendour line-up this year i either don't care for much (mgmt, hilltop hoods, etc) or i love but have already seen live (bloc party, grinspoon, birds of tokyo) with the one band that i'm keen on seeing live (flaming lips).

I agree that $250 + extra expenses is way too much to see one or two bands. I wish the line-ups were as compatible with my music taste as the last two or three years previous to 2009. And I hope that the second line-up announcement doesn't have any bands I like in in it.

Braveheart81 said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

After you've attended concerts and music festivals for a few years you are going to have seen a lot of the bands already.

It's kind of stupid to get dissapointed because you've seen half the bands on the lineup before. A festival isn't trying to cater to the person who has been for the five years previously.

this modern love 28N

this modern love 28N said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

Really? I wouldn't have figured. Are you sure?

As i recall, i didn't say use the word "disappointed". Disappointment would say that I expected that the festival would cater just for me... which as you said is kind of stupid.

i was just agreeing with HR///saying why i'm not going.

knate

knate said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

Tonne of has beens trying to make a comeback? I assume you're talking of TFL and JA? They fuking OWN anything the three bands you mentioned have ever, or indeed will ever, do

tateycakes

tateycakes said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

Wow, is it just me or are most festival lineups lately really meh?
I used to get excited when BDO or Splendour got announced.
Lets hope BDO 2010 brings back the magic!!!

I hear you! Or maybe we're just getting old??

lanesra23

lanesra23 said on the 23rd Apr, 2009

If you wish for something but it doesn't come true, aren't you usually disappointed? Trivial I realise but hell, I'm bored.

guso

guso said on the 24th Apr, 2009

what does post-totalitarian mean?

In terms of the 'there' argument, it just seemed like you were ok with the laxed attitude to grammar, ill try and work harder on it next time, sorry bout that one, as for post-totalitarian, use your imagination, open your mind, whatever you need to do, i'm sure you'll get it eventually, it may not be a technically correct term but it works for me in how i perceive the predicament, im sure you get the gist..

snapcrackleROCK

snapcrackleROCK said on the 24th Apr, 2009

'I' needs to be a capital letter.
Both 'I'll' and 'I'm' require apostrophes.
Either 'OK' as capitals, or 'okay' are acceptable.
By 'laxed', I assume you mean 'relaxed'
The word 'bout' is generally only used in terms of boxing. You mean 'about'.
The elipsis at the end should have three '...'
'Perceive the predicament' makes very little sense.

Lift ya game, cunt.

guso

guso said on the 24th Apr, 2009

'I' needs to be a capital letter.
Both 'I'll' and 'I'm' require apostrophes.
Either 'OK' as capitals, or 'okay' are acceptable.
By 'laxed', I assume you mean 'relaxed'
The word 'bout' is generally only used in terms of boxing. You mean 'about'.
The elipsis at the end should have three '...'
'Perceive the predicament' makes very little sense.

Lift ya game, cunt.

woW, cunt ay, havnt herd that in a while not sure if your aWare of sarcasm but the shit gramer should be an indication of what i was aiming for.

gess ive ruffled a few faethers for somoene else to come in on the argument (or bout or wateva), hope i havnt ruined your pristine little counrty club style forum, not nice to be ridiculed is it? really brings out the best in people..

gumbuoy said on the 24th Apr, 2009

I'm glad you understood it, but

post = after
totalitarian =
1. of or pertaining to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
2. exercising control over the freedom, will, or thought of others; authoritarian; autocratic.

so you think the FL forums is similar to a wasteland that comes AFTER a centralised government that exercises dictatorial control?

the most common "post-x-wasteland" that springs to my mind is apocalyptic, if thats what you meant...

guso

guso said on the 24th Apr, 2009

I'm glad you understood it, but

post = after
totalitarian =

At times yes, the forum does resemble that somewhat, apocalyptic may have been a better way to put it, the original argument was the free speech of everyone on the internet, my point was that people shouldn't be ridiculed for personal tastes, it will always happen though as you stated, but hopefully this fruitless argument has highlighted the fact that ridiculing others for no other reason than to seem more enlightened is a little bit silly..

gumbuoy said on the 24th Apr, 2009

hmm, let me check.

nope, i still think ridiculing others is a perfectly valid use of an internet forum, as valid as agreeing with others.

guso

guso said on the 24th Apr, 2009

well thats your opinion and in fairness i'm not going to ridicule it, good luck on any future endeavours, whether they be for good or evil..

Braveheart81 said on the 24th Apr, 2009

If you want to post your nonsensical, mildly retarded opinions without anyone ridiculing you for them, start a blog.

Your only problem then is that there will be no one to read it.

godblesblocprty

godblesblocprty said on the 26th Apr, 2009

to anybody complaining about line ups (myself included) should just look at the AUD for some guidance in why splendour has less OS acts.

Napoleon Solo said on the 26th Apr, 2009

0.72 USD isn't that bad at all. You are clutching at straws.

Stefan Beck said on the 26th Apr, 2009

Isn't that still better than where it was before September 11th?

Napoleon Solo said on the 26th Apr, 2009

The AUD is slowly on the rise back up but historically, before the last few years it was absolute shite against the USD.

There are 8 more comments. View them all