About the Author

Image for Chiodos cancel Soundwave appearance for US tour

Chiodos cancel Soundwaveappearance for US tour

What is turning in to a common theme of this year’s Soundwave line up another band has decide to ditch Australia and head out on tour with Linkin Park in the states. First it was Coheed and Cambria and now Chiodos have joined the nu metal giants across stadiums in the US. No news on any replacements but this statement was published on the Chiodos myspace page:

Dear the country/continent of Australia,
We regret to inform you that we have to cancel our dates on the “soundwave festival.” BUT WAIT, things will get sexier. We got an offer for a tour in the states that we couldn’t turn down with the position that were in. I know this sounds like were totally bailing on a bunch of totally wicked sweet dudes and dudettes, but were not. It was a really tough decision, all of us dudes were really really excited to hang out and head bang with you aussies, but it comes down to this opportunity that we can’t pass up. Hopefully you don’t hate on us and fly over to kill brad’s dog, steal derrick’s tobacco bong, give jason a shower, steal pat’s shoes, hot-wire craig’s car, and lastly pop my butt cherry. All of us know that violence is not the answer, BECAUSE we’ll be coming to australia soon, no worries. I have a scheduled fight with a kangaroo anyway, and that thing has been talking way too much shit, SO when that happens everyone is invited to watch me kick the shit out of this kangaroo, i’ve been training.

to sexy accents,

Matt CHIODOS

Social Distortion, Ace Enders and Coheed and Cambria have already pulled out of Soundwave but been replaced by Infectious Groves, Alexisonfire and finally City and Colour (Dallas Green).

Comments

12073
melbjuz

melbjuz said on the 12th Dec, 2007

seems like a few too many bands on soundwave are ditching us for bigger tours in the U.S they can't refuse...

shanti_lttl said on the 12th Dec, 2007

Does he say 'dude' enough?
This sucks. Like really really really REAAAAAAALLLY sucks.

But I'll still get to see From Autumn to Ashes.

dream_brother

dream_brother said on the 12th Dec, 2007

hahaha. that's so lame. i'm sorry, but that's almost worthy of the dreaded "sell out" term.

WTF! cant any bands just stay put?!

i was looking forward to checking Chiodos out too

dkos

dkos said on the 12th Dec, 2007

A mighty shame. Hopefully we'll get an awesome replacement..

Makes me question Soundwave promoters though, did they advertise that some bands were playing before they signed on the dotted line?

MorningAfterboy said on the 12th Dec, 2007

YES! YES! FUCKING YES!!

Oh that is AWESOME.

disasterplan

disasterplan said on the 12th Dec, 2007

I've been thinking the same thing. One or two cancellations or 'east coast only' bombshells usually happens but they're not doing too well...

shanti_lttl said on the 12th Dec, 2007

WTF! cant any bands just stay put?!

i was looking forward to checking Chiodos out too

I think they did take it to just get exposure, as much as i hate to admit it.

n1ck

n1ck said on the 13th Dec, 2007

there will be a replacement...what's being thrown around at the moment is exciting, stay tuned kids

secondclassciti

secondclassciti said on the 13th Dec, 2007

Those guys like giant douchebags.

deerawkz

deerawkz said on the 13th Dec, 2007

What is it with Linkin Park and kick arse supports...

shanti_lttl said on the 14th Dec, 2007

Thursday? Bayside? Fugazi?

If they're similiar to Chiodos or the above then I'll be happy.
You really wanted to see Chiodos, didn't you? Want a hug?

n1ck

n1ck said on the 14th Dec, 2007

Thursday? Bayside? Fugazi?

If they're similiar to Chiodos or the above then I'll be happy.
You really wanted to see Chiodos, didn't you? Want a hug?
i think if it works out how we are hoping people will be happy.

yes i did, ace enders and chiodos were the two acts i have been waitining to see the longest...kinda sad but luckily there are other bands im looking forward to seeing

cowboy

cowboy said on the 14th Dec, 2007

I've been lucky so far - none of the 6 main acts that I listed as being the highlights for me when I first posted the info about the lineup, have cancelled thusfar :)

*touches wood*

MorningAfterboy said on the 14th Dec, 2007

Fugazi haven't played live in like five years!

Napoleon Solo said on the 14th Dec, 2007

The relevance of Fugazi would be lost on 80% of the crowd anyway.

stufastloud

stufastloud said on the 14th Dec, 2007

Fugazi are on hiatus, plus they dont play these type of festivals.

shanti_lttl said on the 14th Dec, 2007

i was just throwing names around. i know that they won't play it.

n1ck

n1ck said on the 29th Dec, 2007

Thursday are replacing chiodos

Dexter Ramone

Dexter Ramone said on the 30th Dec, 2007

Watch Shanti throw down an E-scream at that news.

shanti_lttl said on the 30th Dec, 2007

I am soooooooooooooo happy right now.

When will my tickets arrive Nick?

dkos

dkos said on the 30th Dec, 2007

Yay, Thursday are better than Chiodos..

Much, much, much better.

n1ck

n1ck said on the 30th Dec, 2007

I am soooooooooooooo happy right now.

When will my tickets arrive Nick?
was looking forward to your reaction haha...didnt i say people would be happy if things worked out how i hoped haha

we are starting to send out tickets next week

shanti_lttl said on the 30th Dec, 2007

we are starting to send out tickets next week

do you think they'll do a sideshow? even if they don't it will be good to finally see them live. geoff rickly is my god.

n1ck

n1ck said on the 30th Dec, 2007

cant see them doing one, they are a big act and being put on the line up this late i cant see it happening

shanti_lttl said on the 30th Dec, 2007

makes sense. that's ok. at least i'm going to soundwave.

Dexter Ramone

Dexter Ramone said on the 30th Dec, 2007

If I see Tuckers wang again I think I'll spew.

shanti_lttl said on the 7th Jan, 2008

my dog may have almost ripped the posite limb from limb but the tickets are safely with me now.
all i have to do is turn up to the gig with the ticket now. i'm going to finally see thursday. i want to scream! but there's no one around.
i also applied for a pass but the show is sold out so selling them wouldn't be hard.

Napoleon Solo said on the 7th Jan, 2008

Well now that it has sold out expect a few sideshows to be announced.
Thursday, Saosin. Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Receiving End of Sirens, Envy On The Coast are playin at the Corner Hotel, Melb on the 28th of Feb, Fingers crossed for Sydney I guess.
Also if anyone cares Red Jumpsuit Apparatus are playing the Metro on the 26th.......didn't think so.

shanti_lttl said on the 7th Jan, 2008

RJA's shows will be full of so many stupid little girls. My friend likes them but she's older than me.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check bombshellzine every day. Or harass Nick here.

shanti_lttl said on the 7th Jan, 2008

www.moshtix.com.au

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Boys Like Girls, Madina Lake, Halifax
SYDNEY  Tuesday 26 February  THE METRO- Licensed All Ages
www.ticketek.com.au & The Metro Box Office 02 9550 3666
MELBOURNE  Thursday 28 February  BILLBOARD THE VENUE Under 18s
www.ticketek.com.au & www.billboardthevenue.com.au

Thursday, Saosin, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, The Receiving End Of Sirens, Envy On The Coast
SYDNEY  Wednesday 27 February  THE FORUM- Licensed All Ages

www.ticketek.com.au, Polyester Records, Missing Link and Greville Records

Dear Hunter, Kevin Devine, As Tall As Lions, mewithoutYou, My American Heart
SYDNEY  Monday 25 February  GAELIC CLUB- Licensed All Ages
www.moshtix.com.au
MELBOURNE  Tuesday 26 February  BILLBOARD THE VENUE- 18+
www.ticketek.com.au & www.billboardthevenue.com.au

I'm going to be so skint soon.

Napoleon Solo said on the 7th Jan, 2008

Like is it going to be Mewithoutyou or what? I have heard it is only Aaron and Geoff playing which technically isn't Mewithoutyou.
I am sold on the KSE sideshow and As Tall As Lions as well.

shanti_lttl said on the 7th Jan, 2008

I can't decide between FATA and MSI. I'm so at the Thursday/Saosin/SKSK show though. MSI should play at Spectrum.
A Mewithoutyou acoustic show would be nice.

MorningAfterboy said on the 7th Jan, 2008

A friend of mine who missed out on Soundwave is so excited KSE are playing a sideshow.

Pity I can't go to any of these.

shanti_lttl said on the 7th Jan, 2008

poor davo.
you're going to soundwave though, right?
i'm going to have to have some excuse to get out of my 313 class, but my teacher is pretty much on my side.