About the Author

Rage Against the Machine tourannounced

Check out the reviews and photos from the RATM Sydney gig HERE

We’ve been waiting more than a decade – but finally the wait is over – Rage Against the Machine will be touring Australia this summer. California’s favourite rebel sons will be making their first foray outside the US since reforming.

“Is it coincidence that in the seven years that Rage Against the Machine has been away that America has slid into right-wing purgatory? I think not,” Tom Morello told MTV on the eve of the reunion. “It occurred to all of us that the times were right to see if we can knock the Bush administration out in one fell swoop, and we hope to do that job well… There is no action without reaction. And we’re part of that reaction.”

The re-formed RAGE – vocalist Zack de la Rocha, guitarist Tom Morello, drummer Brad Wilk and bassist Tim Commerford – will set the Australian summer ablaze with two very special shows in Sydney and Melbourne.

Fans at this year’s Coachella festival can already attest to the power of the group’s reformation – even our own Daily Tele writer proclaimed the comeback as “impassioned”.

Take a look at the setlist: Bullet in the Head. Bulls on Parade. Renegades of Funk. Sleep Now in the Fire. Guerrilla Radio. Calm Like a Bomb. Freedom and, of course, the explosive, set-closing release of Killing in the Name. Songs of rare power from a once-in-a-generation band.

Rage Against the Machine return to Australia this January – still impassioned, still important, and determined once more to take the power back.

Additional Rage Against the Machine dates are scheduled for Auckland, Queensland, Adelaide and Perth – stay tuned to FasterLouder for the announcement.

Tickets on sale September 27

Lees & West, Triple J & Video Hits proudly present
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

SYDNEY ● Tuesday 22 January● SYDNEY ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
Tickets: Tickemaster 136 100 or www.ticketmaster.com.au and all Ticketmaster outlets
MELBOURNE ● Wednesday 30 January ● FESTIVAL HALL
Tickets: Festival Hall box office, Rosslyn Street ph 9329 9699 & Ticketmaster ph 136 100 or ticketmaster.com.au,

Comments

heitchm

heitchm said on the 26th Sep, 2007

iron maiden go on sale same time.
and i missed the presale.

so now i have to but both.
hmm
anyone know how much rage will be?
maiden is 150.

the weakend

the weakend said on the 26th Sep, 2007

dude, quadruple post. who do we think'll end up suporting?

Ice burn

Ice burn said on the 26th Sep, 2007

hope everyones linin up for tickets! hear people have already been lining up since 1am last night

demonofthefall

demonofthefall said on the 26th Sep, 2007

It will set you back 99.70. And personally I hope there isn't a support act, unless they're bringing along a good international band. Australia doesn't have anyone worthy enough, I don't think.

lucidilullo

lucidilullo said on the 26th Sep, 2007

cant find any tickets on ticketmaster!!!
dont tell me its sold out in under a minute....?
HELP!

agent_99

agent_99 said on the 26th Sep, 2007

ditto. ga must have sold out, literally in seconds

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 26th Sep, 2007

i got mine
heard it sold out

sanitydaze

sanitydaze said on the 26th Sep, 2007

fingers crossed for a second show

dkos

dkos said on the 26th Sep, 2007

I had 4 tickets for GA held.. And it released them to other people even though it said it was holding them for me, I am going to slash someone. :(

lucidilullo

lucidilullo said on the 26th Sep, 2007

ticketmaster truly sucks at life!

dkos

dkos said on the 26th Sep, 2007

I'm so fucking annoyed at everything.

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 26th Sep, 2007

nah gold reserved seating. not as good but whatever, could of been MUCH worse. like not going at all.

geekrock

geekrock said on the 26th Sep, 2007

This is utter crap wtf happened!!!!

dkos

dkos said on the 26th Sep, 2007

I still can't believe they sold the tickets I had when I was entering my details.

dancingshoes

dancingshoes said on the 26th Sep, 2007

same thing happened to me. and its not like i waited any amount of time before going to click on that purchase tickest button either.

sigh stabbing urges rising.

flippinbeans

flippinbeans said on the 26th Sep, 2007

what a crock of shit. fuck ticketmaster and fuck these big events

agent_99

agent_99 said on the 26th Sep, 2007

true. at least weve got bdo for those who missed out. we can enjoy the show with 20,000 drunk tools wearing wifebeaters.......

dkos

dkos said on the 26th Sep, 2007

sigh stabbing urges rising.

Exactly, that's the BS thing, it SAID it was holding them for 2 minutes. FUCKED UP.

dkos

dkos said on the 26th Sep, 2007

Ticketmaster is worse than the devil. Because some people like the devil.

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 26th Sep, 2007

this has made me worry about the big day out

by the way i exceeded my download limit a few days ago

and still managed to get tickets

despite the amazing amount of time it took to load

jazza_mc

jazza_mc said on the 26th Sep, 2007

whaaaaaaaaaaaat the fuck was that. An absolute joke. Got on just as it hit 9 am, said not on sale yet, I hit refresh and says Im trying to access to much info and it blocks me!!!

A mate got 3 GA tix, no probs, others gt up to 6 seating tix, whhhhaaattt thhhheee fuuuckkkk

Ticketmaster is a c**t

dancingshoes

dancingshoes said on the 26th Sep, 2007

ugh and tickets are already on ebay for 300 bucks. vomit.

dkos

dkos said on the 26th Sep, 2007

I can honestly say that I would not be annoyed if I had actually MISSED OUT on tickets rather than it selling the ones I had when I was entering my details.

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 26th Sep, 2007

you see, the thing is, it really is good for me. so thank you for reminding me how awesome it is that i got tickets, and many others missed out :)

dkos

dkos said on the 26th Sep, 2007

Hahahaha, I love it. Despite me missing out, I can't not respect that sort of attitude.

letter8

letter8 said on the 26th Sep, 2007

Got my tickets :) Was refreshing the page since 8am and had the gameplan ready. Logged on, details in etc and got the tickets asap. 4 months to go!

jazza_mc

jazza_mc said on the 26th Sep, 2007

$820 for 2 x GA tix on ebay........

is it illegal to stab scalpers??

brownie-ll

brownie-ll said on the 26th Sep, 2007

Started trying at 8:55, was only trying for balcony seats so I'm not too upset that I missed out. It should be a decent show with a great atmosphere, so those who got tickets are in for a decent night.

dkos

dkos said on the 26th Sep, 2007

I can't believe they sold out in 4 minutes.

jazza_mc

jazza_mc said on the 27th Sep, 2007

haha - $90,000 for 2 tix on ebay.......

DIE FUCKING SCALPERS, DIE!

dkos

dkos said on the 27th Sep, 2007

Additional Information:
NOTE: RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE AT THE SYDNEY ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE HAS SOLD OUT. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE WILL ALSO BE APPEARING AT THE BIG DAY OUT, ON SALE WEDNESDAY 10 OCTOBER 2007.

flippinbeans

flippinbeans said on the 27th Sep, 2007

surely they are fake bids

jpol

jpol said on the 27th Sep, 2007

fucking scalping cunts...grrr

got a ticket for melbourne though, but me and all my mates missed sydney. god damn it

agent_99

agent_99 said on the 27th Sep, 2007

wrong. scalpers are worse then the devil, because scalpers like ticketmaster. scalpers are the fuckin scum of the earth. and yes, i think this is the appropriate time to stab a scalper.

jpol

jpol said on the 27th Sep, 2007

yeah, good to see it happening again. i threw one in, $1,000,200 is me.

dubius

dubius said on the 27th Sep, 2007

bids on ebay r now up to $100k funny stuff, least someone's tryin to take the power back!

mooney88

mooney88 said on the 27th Sep, 2007

imagine if you had to pay it
haha

jpol

jpol said on the 27th Sep, 2007

imagine if you had to pay it
haha

ill be happy to just take a non-paying bidder strike!

flippinbeans

flippinbeans said on the 27th Sep, 2007

is that all you get if you dont pay?

jpol

jpol said on the 27th Sep, 2007

the sellers keep ending all the auctions. problem is people need to keep this up for the whole 4 months til they come

demonofthefall

demonofthefall said on the 27th Sep, 2007

$820 for 2 x GA tix on ebay........

is it illegal to stab scalpers??

Ha, that reminds me of that Black Books episode where they're building next door to Black Books.
Bernard: The thing is... the thing is... it's not actually illegal to kill a builder.
But yes, damn scalpers to hell. I think we should keep up this fake bidding until they get the message.

lexie

lexie said on the 27th Sep, 2007

SOLD OUT IN 1 MINUTE!?!?! SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE MISSED OUT!!! I THINK WE NEED A SECOND SHOW AT FESTIVAL HALL!!!

demonofthefall

demonofthefall said on the 27th Sep, 2007

No, not another show at Festival Hall. Just move this one, and possibly another one, to somewhere bigger, which is where it should've been in the first place. The promoters should've realised that even though it's been a while, there has been very little loss in the demand for Rage.

CureMe

CureMe said on the 27th Sep, 2007

nah better to do three shows at a smaller venue than one big one where you can see the band, can;t get a beer and miss the last song because of a dunny queue

CerpicO

CerpicO said on the 27th Sep, 2007

reckon theres any chance of more sideshows...anyone...please....i need hope...

CureMe

CureMe said on the 27th Sep, 2007

if the cat empire can do 9 nights at the metro.... RATM can do more nights
of course they will do more

melbjuz

melbjuz said on the 27th Sep, 2007

thank gawd! getting tix today was impossible! :o(

petrosbutros

petrosbutros said on the 27th Sep, 2007

Go back to spilling your meat pie on your wifebeaters, ya ass bandit!
I know for a fact he has seen RATM, and because he is an utter bastard he has also seen Arcade Fire. I hate to break it to you but RATM are just a band, a mighty good band, but stilll no matter how hard you pump your fist while masturbating to Bulls on Parade they are just a band. People can listen to whatever music they like, emo or jazz. I have been a RATM fan since 1992 and in that time it has amazed me how seriously the fans take themselves, lighten up!

The problem I have now, is that Iron Maiden and RATM go on sale the same day through different outlets! I refuse to allow technology to screw me over so I always buy tickets in person. Looks like I am going to have to recruit some help.

Haha yeah good one but i think you missunderstood me while stroking your ego. I learnt drums to them so they are more than a band to me personally.. That and all their work outside of music makes them more than just a band, leaning towards a group of social activists. Now you can say plenty of other bands do the same thing U2 and Bob Geldof.. but can you pump your fist to their music while masturbating? And when wasn't i lightened up? Who cares about how old you've known them that wasnt my point, it was that they've fallen into obscurity in the lat few years and no one under 21 knows who the fuck they are unless they've got an older brother that chokes the chicken every day to killing in the name.

CureMe

CureMe said on the 27th Sep, 2007

fight fight fight fight fight fight

lexie

lexie said on the 27th Sep, 2007

just not the same as their own show!

eddroxy

eddroxy said on the 27th Sep, 2007

Additional Information:

iyemmm

iyemmm said on the 27th Sep, 2007

Second Show Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,,,

Second Show
Second Show
Second Show

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rex Everything

Rex Everything said on the 27th Sep, 2007

I was first in line in Adelaide, in at 8.30 on the dot NO FUCKING TICKETS! I would have to have been one of the first people in Australia at an outlet. Had three people on the phone and a few on the net... and none.

Holding hopes for Turbonegro annoucement and sideshow.

kyussa

kyussa said on the 27th Sep, 2007

I tried to get tickets online and over the phone this morning at 9.00am and everything seemed in meltdown. I jumped in my car, rocketed down to the festival hall box office and queued up for an hour and a half with 50-60 people and got my tickets, even though the website was showing sold out before I left home.

They sold out of GA while I was in queue, but I scored seats. I registered for GA in case more became available and they rang me this afternoon to say some had freed up. I'd suggest anyone close enough to festival hall head down there and try their luck.

Never know.

rodismdotcom

rodismdotcom said on the 27th Sep, 2007

Holding hopes for Turbonegro annoucement and sideshow.

The ticketmaster office doenst open until 9:00 am Adelaide time - 9:30am EST - you would have been 30 mins too late.

jl_sarenas

jl_sarenas said on the 27th Sep, 2007

so many disspaointed fans including myself! this totally sucks..in my outlet only two ppl got tickets!
Ridiculous! They should have a freakin second show!!

blloyd

blloyd said on the 27th Sep, 2007

yeah i've now lost faith in buying online - my mate was first in line and could only get four, so i guess the limited size of the venues coupled with the demand meant there was little hope for a lot of us. lucky one of those four tickets is for me!! bring on the rage. about time.

Rex Everything

Rex Everything said on the 27th Sep, 2007

They open up early for high demand tickets. E.g Rage and last year for Tool.

If I had actually gotten tickets I would have said its a great way for anyone interstate to get tickets, but that thoery is now fucked.

rodismdotcom

rodismdotcom said on the 27th Sep, 2007

They open up early for high demand tickets. E.g Rage and last year for Tool.

Yeah right, didn't know that. Coulda been a nice little loophole...

Josh_Stevenson

Josh_Stevenson said on the 27th Sep, 2007

Holy shit, this is awesome

Josh_Stevenson

Josh_Stevenson said on the 27th Sep, 2007

Holy shit, this is awesome

jt70

jt70 said on the 27th Sep, 2007

Terrific. More anti-Bush flag-burning bullshit. I realise that all music has to come from a point of view, but there's a certain strand of preaching I cannot stand, and RATM subscribe to it. And who are they trying to convice? People who are drunk/wasted/ignorant/easily led. Is there any word of somone worth talking about coming to BDO yet?

deep_schismic

deep_schismic said on the 27th Sep, 2007

I sure as hell hope that there are 'more sideshows to be announced' as the article says...I lined up from 6.30am (and was like 8th in line), and I didn't get tickets!

deep_schismic

deep_schismic said on the 27th Sep, 2007

Never know.

OH MY GOD!!! what the...I had half a mind to goto Festival Hall, but I thought there would be too many people, and hence 0% chance...

demonofthefall

demonofthefall said on the 27th Sep, 2007

I'm going to keep checking Ticketmaster site every now and again, you never know when more tickets could become available. When The Mars Volta tour was postponed last year, my friends and I were pumped because we couldn't go to the December one. But we couldn't get tickets until about two weeks after the announcement... wait. That was a postponed show, ergo, probably quite a few returned tickets, bit different to this RATM scenario. Oh well, I live in hope.

dkos

dkos said on the 27th Sep, 2007

Everyone should check them on the day, the they released Cure GA tickets on the day of the show.

dkos

dkos said on the 27th Sep, 2007

I can't believe they are actually playing BDO. ;)

Loomis

Loomis said on the 27th Sep, 2007

Bugger. Another year without a public holiday BDO in Sydney. Some of us have to work! Becoming more tempted to attend though...

Rarnie

Rarnie said on the 28th Sep, 2007

I cant wait to see if there are more sideshows announced for RATM. I was online at 9.00am and didnt get tickets. And now they are onsale on EBAY for $5000.00. I dont think so.

Rarnie

Rarnie said on the 28th Sep, 2007

Rarnie

Rarnie said on the 28th Sep, 2007

iyemmm

iyemmm said on the 28th Sep, 2007

haha - $90,000 for 2 tix on ebay.......

DIE FUCKING SCALPERS, DIE!

CALLING ALL RAGE FANS THAT DIDNT GET THE TICKETS BECAUSE OF FUCKIN SCALPERS,,, PLEASE JOIN OUR MOVEMENT IN EBAY BY BIDDING RIDICULOUS AMOUNT FOR RAGE TIX SOLD BY SCALPERS,,,

go to ebay.com.au, search for rage against the machine in tickets&travel category and HAPPY BIDDING!!! x)

WE NEED TO FUCKIN STOP THIS. HAD ENOUGH OF SCALPERS.

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

ALL HELL CAN'T STOP US NOW!!!!"

go to ebay and bid!!!!

rodismdotcom

rodismdotcom said on the 28th Sep, 2007

WE NEED TO FUCKIN STOP THIS. HAD ENOUGH OF SCALPERS.

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

ALL HELL CAN'T STOP US NOW!!!!"

go to ebay and bid!!!!

A rather naive view. Sure scalpers suck but have a think about the Maths.

There are relatively few tickets up on eBay compared to other gigs - around 100 or so appear to have been sold.

OK so the Sydney Ent Centre and Festival Hall hold around 9000 each. For a total of18,000 tickets.

So 100 out of 18,000 tickets have been scalped - that's around 0.6%.

And let's be charitable and say the gig sold out in 3 minutes or 180 seconds. (and not 30 seconds as it appeared to be).

If scalpers didn't get any tickets then tickets would have been on sale 0.5% longer before selling out.

i.e. AN EXTRA SOLITARY SECOND

So you are right, get angry and fight the man because it WAS probably your ticket that got sold in that extra second as you stood 200m back in the line skulling Bundy from the bottle with the Australian flag draped over your back.

Sure the venues aren't big enough and there was obviously a call for second and probably third shows in each city but the promoters didnt have to put sideshows on as they actually can take ticket sales away from the BDO.

In conclusion I suggest you BE FUCKING THANKFUL THAT AUSTRALIA IS GETTING SIDESHOWS AT ALL.

deep_schismic

deep_schismic said on the 28th Sep, 2007

i've mentioned this before, but I doubt that the sideshow sales significantly impact the BDO sales...the big day out has been selling out the previous couple of years, and the trend will continue as they improve their lineup, like they did last year. the sideshows are supposed to be for the diehard fans, and with a band like Rage Against the Machine, that diehard fanbase has not really subsided in the 11 years since they were last here. Really, the promoters only stand to make more money from us, charging $100 per ticket...and while in principal that sucks, it is obviously the band that is more important.

My point is, that supply should at least meet some of the demand...and for a place like Melbourne, a 5000-capacity venue is probably meeting like .5% of the actual demand.

rodismdotcom

rodismdotcom said on the 28th Sep, 2007

Yeah all well and good if it is a RATM tour, but they are touring as part of the BDO.

Based on the demand I wouldn't be surprised if they returned for a proper tour of their own later in 08 - similar to what Muse are about to do. RATM could easily fill 12-15 arena shows across Australia making it a financially viable proposition for everyone.

letter8

letter8 said on the 28th Sep, 2007

rodismdotcom I agree with you 100%.

The amount of tickets sold by scalpers on ebay doesn't equate to the number of people who have missed out on tickets. Surely this was expected to happen...even on Triple J they were saying that it was going to sell out in a matter of minutes. Just consider yourselves extremely unlucky.

PS. I just popped down to the Sydney Entertainment Centre an hour ago to pick up the tickets I bought online :D The lady at the box office was saying how lucky I was to get them as there were around 80 or so who lined up yesterday morning for them that didnt get any...I grinned at her and was on my way.

pinkitten

pinkitten said on the 28th Sep, 2007

I got a nice surprise and was told last night that my bf had got us tickets :D

lexie

lexie said on the 28th Sep, 2007

it's still rumoured that 2nd shows for both melbourne & sydney will be announced! any more info anyone?

CerpicO

CerpicO said on the 28th Sep, 2007

is it illegal to rob/stab a scalper?? (seriously)...

evileva

evileva said on the 28th Sep, 2007

is it illegal to rob/stab a scalper?? (seriously)...

wtf? i find it hard to believe that there's nothing that can be done about scum like this. what a fucktard.

iyemmm

iyemmm said on the 28th Sep, 2007

A rather naive view. Sure scalpers suck but have a think about the Maths.

So 100 out of 18,000 tickets have been scalped - that's around 0.6%.

i.e. AN EXTRA SOLITARY SECOND

dear rodismdotcom,

i can see you are an intelligence handsome sexy guy and your maths are correct too BUT the point is we all had enough of freaking scalpers. scalpers are just getting loaded and loaded, arctic monkeys' one was freaky - within minutes after tix on sale, this guy was selling 40 tix at ebay with double price. wtf? and so many others. and too many other gigs to mention.

well the decision is yours, stand still on silent platform or do something within your willpower about it.

peace.

lexie

lexie said on the 3rd Oct, 2007

any news on a second show yet?? bastards are still selling the tickets on ebay!! grrrrr!! anyone got a fake ebay account to outbid them?? it just really pisses me off when the genuine fans miss out!!

lexie

lexie said on the 3rd Oct, 2007

ted_walker

ted_walker said on the 3rd Oct, 2007

i couldnt care less if they play big day out, from what i heard from cochella they didnt interact or look to be having fun. to me that would be shit.

humm_bugg

humm_bugg said on the 3rd Oct, 2007

i know! there is some mongrel on there and the bid is up to $15 100...................surely that can't be real? they're playin on my birthday in sydney it's so not fair! =o( woulda been the best b'day pressie................

letter8

letter8 said on the 3rd Oct, 2007

From one of their most recent shows.....

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1n8ObHmcBU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1n8ObHmcBU

Napoleon Solo said on the 3rd Oct, 2007

Pretty certain that only genuine fans would be buying the tickets, if I missed out I would be trying my hardest to secure tickets at any cost.

iyemmm

iyemmm said on the 6th Oct, 2007

CerpicO

CerpicO said on the 7th Oct, 2007

it is with extreme disappointment that i inform you that i've received insider knowledge that there will be NO MORE sideshows announced.

iyemmm

iyemmm said on the 7th Oct, 2007

yes of course there wont be one,, if there is it would have been announced by now,, and who would wanna come to big day out then,,, sigh,,

leakeg

leakeg said on the 11th Oct, 2007

I don't think the band has ever really interacted with the crowd other that Zacks speeches.

Superhero Anonymous

Superhero Anonymous said on the 11th Oct, 2007

No, both times Ive seen em (BDO and Coachella), they didnt interact except for Zack having a little speech about whats eating him (and generally its in context to the music anyway)...IMO this isnt detrimental though...some bands can just pump out the tunes and you can imerse yourself in them, I find RATM (and Tool and others) to be like that, band banter can become redundant in these situations where the music is really why you're there.

lexie

lexie said on the 18th Oct, 2007

WHY NOT CHANGE THE GIG TO A LARGER VENUE ???

There are 113 more comments. View them all