Image for Sky Ferreira announces a one-off show, almost certain to be back for Splendour

Sky Ferreira announces aone-off show, almost certainto be back for Splendour

Sky Ferreira will play a one-off show in Sydney next month, which seems almost certain to build hype for a return to play at Splendour in the Grass later in the year.

The one date visit promoted by Splendour organisers Secret Sounds will see Sky Ferreira playing songs from her debut album Night Time, My Time at Sydney’s Oxford Art Factory on Tuesday, March 18.

Of course, a visit in March could still pave the way for a return for the festival in Byron Bay. Splendour promoted a hype building tour for Foster the People in 2011, and were so successful deploying the tactic again with Lana Del Rey that she didn’t even have to show up for her tiny club dates to create a pre-Splendour buzz. Early last year dubstep crooner and Mercury Prize winner James Blake played a two-date Australian “tour” in March before returning for Splendour just a few months later.

Other artists on the ever-growing Splendour rumour mill include Outkast, James Vincent McMorrow, Max Frost, Bombay Bicycle Club, SBTRKT,and recent Laneway festival visitors Parquet Courts.

SKY FERREIRA INTERVIEW

Sky Ferreira show

Tuesday, March 18 – Oxford Art Factory, Sydney

Secret Sounds pre-sale starts Tuesday, March 4 at 10:00am, general release tickets on sale Wednesday, March 5 at 10:00am

Comments

edjob

edjob said on the 28th Feb, 2014

now i know how brisbane feels! no melbourne show min

empireship

empireship said on the 3rd Mar, 2014

If anyone gets the pre-sale code, pleeeease let me know. I tried to sign up for their newsletter two or three times and it didn't work. I may have missed the mailout which contains the code.

AndyLedHead

AndyLedHead said on the 3rd Mar, 2014

empireship

empireship said on the 3rd Mar, 2014

lol was about to come post the same thing :) thanks though!

(got my tix)

Oflick said on the 7th Mar, 2014

I was going to buy a ticket to this at uni, but the lecture was in some shitty shed out the back which the wifi couldn't reach. Now it's sold out. Fuck you, UWS.

Oflick said on the 7th Mar, 2014

Well, I checked again and was actually able to buy a ticket. So I'll be there.

If anyone else going wants to say hello, I'll be the out of place awkward loner who kind of looks like a homeless sex offender.

Nosyt

Nosyt said on the 7th Mar, 2014

It's playing at the OAF, way to narrow it down

empireship

empireship said on the 19th Mar, 2014

Well that was alright.

Kinda disappointed with the length of the set though, she played for about 35 minutes before declaring her last song then did a 2 song encore which padded it out to around 50 minutes.

humanracin

humanracin said on the 19th Mar, 2014

Missed out on this and friends who went said she was great, but Splendour announcement can't be too far off now...

Oflick said on the 19th Mar, 2014

Not only do I hate leaving the house, apparently my immune system does too. I was too sick to go so sold my ticket.

This has therefore joined the incredibly long list of "gigs I said I would go to but ended up missing".

berlinchair101 said on the 19th Mar, 2014

Well that was alright.

50 minutes for a breakout artist at OAF sounds pretty standard to me.

empireship

empireship said on the 19th Mar, 2014

Yeah? Fair enough then. Can't say I've gone to see many at the OAF.

loudQUIETloud

loudQUIETloud said on the 19th Mar, 2014

Show was decmt but I should have gone to Billy Bragg instead.