Paramore announce huge 2014tour

Paramore have confirmed that they’ll be heading back to Australia in January for a run of massive headline shows supported by You Me At Six and Twenty One Pilots.

Hayley Williams and co were one of the biggest drawcards at Soundwave earlier this year and have since released their fourth record. The self-titled album is their first without co-founders Josh and Zac Farro, but while the band’s lineup has changed, FL’s review of the album noted that the band’s “guts” were still intact and they deliver “post-emo pop metal with a verve that’s unmatched”. Paramore features the singles ‘Now’, ‘Still Into You’ and ‘Ain’t It Fun’.

Soundwave boss AJ Maddah sung Paramore’s praises when they played their one headline Soundwave sideshow in Sydney in February this year, claiming the band had “hit a whole new level” at their Enmore Theatre show. In May he followed the band to New York to see their full stage production at the Hammerstein Ballroom and to try and lure them back to Australia with their full stage show. Obviously that talk went well…

LIVE REVIEW: Paramore @ The Enmore, Sydney

Paramore’s tour will kick off in Brisbane before heading to Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and finishing in Perth on January 16. The tour will be the first run of Australia headline shows for the band since their run of arena shows in October 2010 with Reliant K and The Jury and The Saints.

Paramore tour:

Thursday, January 9 – Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
Saturday, January 11- Allphones Arena, Sydney
Sunday, January 12 – Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne
Tuesday, January 14 – Entertainment Centre, Adelaide
Thursday, January 16 – Arena, Perth

Tickets on sale Thursday, August 22

Social

Comments

berlinchair101 said on the 8th Aug, 2013

Surprised The Wombats aren't supporting.

MorningAfterboy said on the 8th Aug, 2013

Keen for this, I think a full-production arena show from these guys will be well worth my time. S/T is one of the best pop records of the year.

tyler07 said on the 8th Aug, 2013

I think I'll probably attend. I've always had a soft-spot for Paramore and this should be a fun show, espesh with YM@6 supporting too.

I know they've had really successful previous tours and I haven't paid too much attention to how their latest album has gone sales or popularity wise, but for some reason I definitely don't see them selling out arenas. I think they'll do like 75% capacity, but i'm probably completely wrong.

monokhrome_nite

monokhrome_nite said on the 8th Aug, 2013

I think Still Into You/the album in general was a pretty massive hit, so I think they could probably do it.

tyler07 said on the 8th Aug, 2013

I got into them after the release of their first album and nobody else I knew got into them until Misery Business was released. Always crazy to see a band you discovered early in their career do a full transition into arena-filling band. Good on them if they sell out the shows, I think it's well deserved.

Nosyt

Nosyt said on the 8th Aug, 2013

Yes we should always applaud marketing, it looks great on their resume for the next band

grattan said on the 19th Aug, 2013

AJ on tix:
From memory it's $70 + GST + ticketing agency charges. So prob around $85 but will verify soon

Pinenut

Pinenut said on the 22nd Aug, 2013

melbourne is booked out already....any chance of a second concert?