General

Best Hangover Food??

Tools
misskittie +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0
Best Hangover Food??
What is your best recommendations for Hangover Foods..........

I would have to say to most frequented is HJ's Bacon Deluxe Burger...... wouldnt touch it any other time!!
~ ~ & u can call me Kittie ~ ~
spindoctor +

FL Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
You cannot do anything from HJs or Maccas - if you are going to go for burgers you must find an old fashioned fish and chip shop burger with the lot....mmmmmm.
Other favourites for hangover food - full catastrophe brekkie - bacon, eggs (or omelette), tomatoes, juice, double espresso coffee.
Bloody Marys may be substituted for juice.
Banana paddlepops are pretty damned fine hangover munchies too.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ONE INDULGE IN DIET SOFT DRINKS WITH A HANGOVER!
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys." PJ O'Rourke

Black Shadow Photography
http://www.myspace.com/rocknrollman
brody +

not an alter-ego

Times thanked
< 0
Definitely a corner take away burger! Or egg and bacon roll from same. Spins on the money when he says to avoid Maccas and HJ's or BK's.

For other types of hangover, i.e. the non-alcohol induced variety, I have to go healthy. It's like my brains telling me "You could have fuckin killed me last night you arse hole. Now go and get me a fuckin salad sandwich"
aaronzeke +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0
Calamari & hot chips from my local seafood shop is a pretty good solution. Lots of grease to break down the alcohol in your stomach. Otherwise, KFC comes a distant second.
nargy +

fat on the inside

Times thanked
< 1
Lard On A Stick!
Jamezwm +

Dorkus Malorkus

Times thanked
< 459
I thought a pizza slice from the place under the Judgement Bar on Sunday morning at 4am would be a good idea

I was so very wrong
misskittie +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0
ok no HJ's then definitely a chicken cheese and egg kebab from this little family owned place accross from the Paramount in Perth ...... they are classic at 5 am that is !
Dubs +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0
I used to go the greasy option...gotta love the dirty bird (KFDuck) or a pizza (preferrably thin and crispy from the hut with tomato, onion, capsicum, perpperoni, garlic and chilli) or the old fashioned greasy spoon style bacon, eggs, mushroom and tomato fry up!! But lately Ive been goin for the old fashioned approach that my dad always used...graze on toast and vegemite (the vegemite is great at putting vitamin B back into ya) also if you only graze and have a piece or two as you need it you dont get the bloated feeling where you end up feeling worse half an hour after you have finished eating.
misskittie +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0
yeh i actually enjoy skulling a 600ml fanta and then back to bed
Dubs +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by brody

For other types of hangover, i.e. the non-alcohol induced variety, I have to go healthy. It's like my brains telling me "You could have fuckin killed me last night you arse hole. Now go and get me a fuckin salad sandwich"

Agree totally, however I normally cant go the salad sandwich option so I normally head for a sushi/sashimi joint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamezwm

I thought a pizza slice from the place under the Judgement Bar on Sunday morning at 4am would be a good idea

I was so very wrong

I also thought this as I was leaving at around 5ish...how wrong I was indeed!!
Trakka +

FL Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
Anything with bacon and hot chips... but really, other than water and sleep, the only way to recover from a hangover is to get back on it again. I recommend Guiness, lots and lots of Guiness.
missnaut +

Groupie

Times thanked
< 0
coke (not diet or zero), white vegemite toast, peppermint tea if you're feeling really nauseous
Dubs +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0
Nah..OJ and Vegemite toast, coke tastes too much like it did the night before when it was mixed with rum for my liking!
Cpt_Pugwash +

a cover drive

Times thanked
< 134
Does pot count?
misskittie +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt_Pugwash

Does pot count?

if that fixes you up
lava +

desperately needing sleep...

Times thanked
< 14
The burger with the lot from the take away shop down the road from home... that includes bacon, an egg and cheese - all washed down with a big strong coffee...

this must be followed up by at least one beer before 1pm or the rest of the day is shot... many disagree, but I'm a big believer in the hair of the dog.
I had a friend once he took some acid, now he thinks he's a fire engine
It's okay until he pisses on your lighter, kinda smells kinda cool kinda funny anyway
misskittie +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0
i agree at 6 am you fall off the horse...... you gotta get back on and start drinking again....... but less and then after the weekend you are fine!
citizen snips +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0
Cheese & tomato toasted sandwich.
lee lover +

is cute

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskittie

I would have to say to most frequented is HJ's Bacon Deluxe Burger...... wouldnt touch it any other time!!

or you could just try staying drunk!

ok that was lame...

sorry for puting you all through that bit of stupidity.
Why are there never enough red jellybeans?
Demosthenes +

a bit of a dilettante

Times thanked
< 556

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskittie

I don't get hangovers ...
TheHub +

Groupie

Times thanked
< 0
Maccas is dirt and really doesn't help. There's a 24 hour place at Circular Quay that serves up really nasty but really effective fry-ups. That's invariably where we end up for breakfast/hangover-prevention. Keeps the poor graveyard shift boys entertained, at least. And it's only a small lug home.

I don't know how you can all cope with fizzy drinks ... Loads of water and a few strong coffees is the only way to go.
tripii +

Scenester

Times thanked
< 0
toast n vegemite... .followed by a coffee
"if the world didnt suck, we'd all fall off"
Bryan +

Groupie

Times thanked
< 0
Something that isn't cheap Panang curry that was left out of the fridge overnight. Jesus Christbags. That was an experience.

Think of it this way
You could either be successful or be us
With our winning smiles, and us
With our catchy tunes, and us
Now we're photogenic
You know, we don't stand a chance

Raistlin +

Painting

Times thanked
< 0
My grandmother (I kid you not) always has a Madras curry or a prawn vindaloo around 8:00 the morning after a night out.....
Very active woman.
spindoctor +

FL Contributor

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubs

Nah..OJ and Vegemite toast, coke tastes too much like it did the night before when it was mixed with rum for my liking!

Try rum and dry - it's much better than rum and coke.
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys." PJ O'Rourke

Black Shadow Photography
Risky +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamezwm

I was so very wrong

I had one jamezwm, it was awesome, I nearly dumped my GF for the pizza slice when she stole some.

Bacon Sausage scrambled egg with fried muchsroom on turkish or sourdough, massive coffee and then later on in the day a banana milkshake.

And a joint is always a good hangover cure.

I'm really keen to try irish breakfast with black puddiing, my reckoning is that it would be really awesome.
brush up for work, button down shirt, bad ass muthafukkin cool jerk
Risky +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindoctor

And it looks like beer in a really small glass.
brush up for work, button down shirt, bad ass muthafukkin cool jerk
Trakka +

FL Contributor

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Risky

And a joint is always a good hangover cure.

I agree Risky... settles the stomach and gets rid of the hangover.
spindoctor +

FL Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
Breakfast lines of coke seem to do the trick!

Black Shadow Photography
Dubs +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demosthenes

I don't get hangovers ...

You havent tried hard enough!!

Quote:

Yeah I used to drink Dark and Stormy's and still do on the odd occasion but when in a shout and the majority are drinkin with coke its just easier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trakka

I agree Risky... settles the stomach and gets rid of the hangover.

Totally agree.
Demosthenes +

a bit of a dilettante

Times thanked
< 556

Quote:

You havent tried hard enough!!

I'll try harder if you supply the liquor ...
lava +

desperately needing sleep...

Times thanked
< 14

Quote:

with a slice of real lime... oh so refreshing - and don't get it confused with the shit in the green rum premix
I had a friend once he took some acid, now he thinks he's a fire engine
It's okay until he pisses on your lighter, kinda smells kinda cool kinda funny anyway
Dubs +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0
Yeah that rum and dry with lime in the premix is shite!!!
Raistlin +

Painting

Times thanked
< 0
Of course, the best thing for a hang over is double shot of Absinthe, but I guess it depends on wether you want one, or want to get rid of one........
TooBald +

Groupie

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

I used to go the greasy option...gotta love the dirty bird (KFDuck) or a pizza (preferrably thin and crispy from the hut with tomato, onion, capsicum, perpperoni, garlic and chilli) or the old fashioned greasy spoon style bacon, eggs, mushroom and tomato fry up!! But lately Ive been goin for the old fashioned approach that my dad always used...graze on toast and vegemite (the vegemite is great at putting vitamin B back into ya) also if you only graze and have a piece or two as you need it you dont get the bloated feeling where you end up feeling worse half an hour after you have finished eating.

Variation on this theme is to grab a big 'finger sccop' from the vegemite jar when you stumble in the door in the wee hours - if you can keep it down you're sitting pretty.
"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them."
jxe520 +

FL Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
cold curry and naan bread....especially if it's chicken dhansak and peshwari naan from edgbaston tandoori in birmingham....mmmm
The Blog: This Is Not A Photo Opportunity
de-tec-tive +

will be shooting Splendour In The Grass!

Times thanked
< 3
i absolutely cannot stand eating greasy food the next morning, it makes me feel about 1000 times worse. if i can stomach food at all i go for fruit or just a glass of juice.
last time i got really drunk i felt sick for the whole next day and i ate about the equivalent of one whole meal over 24 hours (when i got home i realised i'd lost 3 kilos, haha)
No Doubt Australia | gig photos | facebook
MrCasualtie +

Groupie

Times thanked
< 0
It's easy to avoid hangovers. After you've wrapped up your night start drinking water. Then before you go to bed chuck two teabags into a cup and make a nice strong cup of tea.

Wake up needing to desperately to piss, but headache free.

Josh
de-tec-tive +

will be shooting Splendour In The Grass!

Times thanked
< 3
i don't really get headaches much, i just feel sick and have zero appetite
No Doubt Australia | gig photos | facebook
kirst0 +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 0
i have to have juice! then i drink heaps of water all day. a bacon roll with plenty of bbq sauce always slides down rather well!
Bekay +

Scenester

Times thanked
< 0
I can't go past a fry-up
yeldarb +

isn't amazed.

Times thanked
< 0
Zinger bacon and cheese. Refered to lately as getting 'zinged'. This in addition to a litre of fruit juice usually sorts me right out.
I'm also a firm believer in downing a bucket load of water before going to bed. It really does the trick. In fact it saved my life the other morning when i didn't make it to bed until 4 ish and had to rise again at 7 to head off to work. I didn't even feel the pinch until about 4pm.
missnaut +

Groupie

Times thanked
< 0
I always try and drink a few glasses of water before going to bed but sometimes I just can't stomach any more liquid.
libby +

it's official

Times thanked
< 5
this makes me sound healthy, but i'm really not

miso

it's full of salty goodness and all you really want if you're SERIOUSLY hungover is liquid

once the worst is over and you can deal with the idea of eating something solid, a breaky roll with poached egg, ham or bacon, over roasted tomato, spinach and a dollop of hollandaise. mmmmmmmmmm
i'm a reasonable woman, get off my case
kthemusicalkat +

Scenester

Times thanked
< 0
when you first wake up, dry ginger ale if you're feeling crook then later when you can handle it.. bacon, egg and potato scallop roll with heaps of bbq sauce.

Later in the day if you really need it, berocca but not with water, you mix it with coke. Yeah it tastes like shit but it will give you a buzz and get you through the day (esp good if you're at work and hit the 3pm blues)

Otherwise, turkish toast with vegemite and poached eggs is hella cool too.
cliffrichard +

cliffy.

Times thanked
< 27
Gator / Power ade before you go to bed will fix you right up. Anything which boasts about having electrolytes in it generally does the trick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorningAfterboy

God you're a prick. Seriously, get over yourself. You're not even half as great as you think you are.

The Fool +

DEAD

Times thanked
< 0
i accidentally a coca cola bottle is this bad?

I suggest you change your diet
It could lead to high blood pressure if you fry it

« Previous Thread Next Thread »