All About The Music

Soundwave @ Sydney Showgrounds (26/02/2012)

Tools
MorningAfterboy +

Quicky likes this post.

Times thanked
< 6,977
What the hell? I thought it was agreed that one reviewer covers all the good bands and Shieldsy does all the shit ones?
berlinchair101 +

His favourite movie is books!

Times thanked
< 10,045

Quote:

all would come up short in the power stakes when compared to this 4 piece who sounded more like a 400 piece on the day.

Now I'm really looking forward to Thursday.
These Are Places You Can Find Me Standing With My Arms Folded

November

NOFX : Manchester Orchestra

December

Cloud Nothings

hollas518 +

FL Contributor

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by berlinchair101 View Post

they were amazing at billboard on monday absolutely relentless
Shieldsy23 +

SW 2012 = Mind blown.

Times thanked
< 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by berlinchair101 View Post

All that I caught was Blood and Thunder on Sunday by accident and holy shit... made me regret going to see Limp Bizkit.
MorningAfterboy +

Quicky likes this post.

Times thanked
< 6,977
To be fair, EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER DONE WITH YOUR LIFE should have made you regret going to see Limp Bizkit.
There ain't nobody that can sing like me...

october: The Blurst of Times, Bluejuice, Lanie Lane, Briggs.

november: Radio Birdman, Thelma Plum, NOFX x2, The Living End, mowgli, Newtown Festival, Philadelphia Grand Jury x2, Ben Folds x2, Manchester Orchestra, FGWMWS,
Kevin Devine, Endless Heights, Pinch Hitter x2, Kimbra, Jimmy Eat World, The Smith St. Band, Hurray for the Riff Raff, Bloods, Corpus, Spencer Scott, Jen Buxton.
Shieldsy23 +

SW 2012 = Mind blown.

Times thanked
< 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorningAfterboy View Post

To be fair, EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER DONE WITH YOUR LIFE should have made you regret going to see Limp Bizkit.

Given that Mastodon will be back here in the next nine months i'm not real concerned.
hollas518 +

FL Contributor

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shieldsy23 View Post

Given that Mastodon will be back here in the next nine months i'm not real concerned.

not doubting you but first of heard, festival or own tour?

very excited
MorningAfterboy +

Quicky likes this post.

Times thanked
< 6,977

Quote:

What does that have to do with anything?

Limp Bizkit = Wimpy wimpy.
Mastodon = Hefty hefty.

november: Radio Birdman, Thelma Plum, NOFX x2, The Living End, mowgli, Newtown Festival, Philadelphia Grand Jury x2, Ben Folds x2, Manchester Orchestra, FGWMWS,
Kevin Devine, Endless Heights, Pinch Hitter x2, Kimbra, Jimmy Eat World, The Smith St. Band, Hurray for the Riff Raff, Bloods, Corpus, Spencer Scott, Jen Buxton.
Shieldsy23 +

SW 2012 = Mind blown.

Times thanked
< 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollas518 View Post

not doubting you but first of heard, festival or own tour?

very excited

Sorry I'm not trying to spread rumours...
The reality is that they'll come back at some point this year or perhaps early next year for their own headlining tour... probably with SW touring.
The only reason I saw Limp Bizkit is I figured they'll never come back.
MorningAfterboy +

Quicky likes this post.

Times thanked
< 6,977
And good riddance.

therat +

Drink up! There's sober kids in India

Times thanked
< 841

I have this pic bookmarked.
Jose Cuervo +

And you included in your specialties, "Taking care of buisness"?

Times thanked
< 7,656
and the saurez one as well i suppose?
Pictures I gone and tooked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobain Lies View Post

i am very connected to kurt cobain on a psychic level,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stugalug View Post

Ramone is shit and stinks of garlic, but I do love him.

Oflick +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 2,977
I was actually tempted to stay for Limp Bizkit after seeing Bad Religion, but am glad I went to see Mastodon. Hopefully they'll be even better on Thursday, even if it seems they won't be playing their 22 song setlist they've been playing in the states.

Good review. Though as much as I enjoyed SOAD, Slipknot outdid them in my opinion.
Slip_dog +

"Get ya glow on"

Times thanked
< 159
How good was Soundwave 2012!
I know it's not done yet but I had a blast. Messugah kicked it hard, even played a new track. Coal Chamber didn't let anyone down and we all went a little loco watching them. The bassists is a chick and she can hit my bottom string anyday. Bush rocked on as they do. Then Limp Bizkit came back with a vengeance. They also made a heartfelt tribute to the fan Jessica that they lost. Touching. Break stuff was their last song and I think thats what happened to everyone's head right then as the crowd went crazy. As I'm not the biggest Manson fan, I went for a drink and watched Dillenger escape plan for a bit. Not a band I know much of, but I found them pleasantly better live, then what I've heard of theirs recorded. Then it was to get prime position for System. We watched Slipknot from the stage over. The show that Slipknot put on is fantastic and Corey was in his element screaming the lyrics like a banshee on GBH and looking much like a psychopath. The drummers doing areobatics was also astounding. Drum kit vertical and spinning. Awesome!

Then there was System. An explosion of electricity came across the crowd and System was greeted with the roar of cheers. The played their absolute hearts out and did not at all do their name any injustices. They played as good as I have ever seen. Those who say they would be tired, needed to zip it, as they proved that theory to be absolutely wrong. No one commanded the crowd as much that day.

Last edited by Slip_dog: Thu 1st Mar 2012 at 3:59 PM

tyler07 +

most hated

Times thanked
< 1,862
SOAD were terrible.
berlinchair101 +

His favourite movie is books!

Times thanked
< 10,045

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slip_dog View Post

No one commanded the crowd as much that day.

Honestly, SOAD were so boring. I don't get where this perception that they were so good is coming from? They had a strong start but for the most of that hour and a half, everyone I saw (I was in the D) looked pretty uninterested. No one was exactly losing their shit for Lonely Day.

Following Slipknot also made them look as commanding as a basket of wet kittens. Those guys were all over them.
Silver Surfer +

at the bar

Times thanked
< 30
Slipknot indeed owned the day.

Honourable mentions to Steel Panther, Lamb Of God, Mastodon, and Meshuggah.
therat +

Drink up! There's sober kids in India

Times thanked
< 841

Quote:

I know it's not done yet but I had a blast. Messugah kicked it hard, even played a new track. Cold Chamber didn't let anyone down and we all went a little loco watching them.

Oh slippy you big metal fan you. Coal Chamber.

Hot tip, choose Machine Head over SOAD.
Slip_dog +

"Get ya glow on"

Times thanked
< 159

Quote:

I know it's not done yet but I had a blast. Messugah kicked it hard, even played a new track. Cold Chamber didn't let anyone down and we all went a little loco watching them. The bassists is a chick and she can hit my bottom string anyday. Bush rocked on as they do. Then Limp Bizkit came back with a vengeance. They also made a heartfelt tribute to the fan Jessica that they lost. Touching. Break stuff was their last song and I think thats what happened to everyone's head right then as the crowd went crazy. As I'm not the biggest Manson fan, I went for a drink and watched Dillenger escape plan for a bit. Not a band I know much of, but I found them pleasantly better live, then what I've heard of theirs recorded. Then it was to get prime position for System. We watched Slipknot from the stage over. The show that Slipknot put on is fantastic and Corey was in his element screaming the lyrics like a banshee on GBH and looking much like a psychopath. The drummers doing areobatics was also astounding. Drum kit vertical and spinning. Awesome!

Then there was System. An explosion of electricity came across the crowd and System was greeted with the roar of cheers. The played their absolute hearts out and did not at all do their name any injustices. They played as good as I have ever seen. Those who say they would be tired, needed to zip it, as they proved that theory to be absolutely wrong. No one commanded the crowd as much that day.

Why the Fuck did you retarded cunts move my post here, when I went to Brisbane???Why can't there be a million threads on Soundwave, when you have a million on one fucking band Radiohead? There were plenty more at Soundwave.

This is the shit ruining Australian Music.
Slip_dog +

"Get ya glow on"

Times thanked
< 159

Quote:

Originally Posted by therat View Post

Oh slippy you big metal fan you. Coal Chamber.

Hot tip, choose Machine Head over SOAD.

oops drunk posting. plus I caught the flu so it's probably on my mind.
truthlies +

Kingdoms of Camelot

Times thanked
< 273
Meshuggah! Gojira! both highlights of Brisbane. did anyone check out Cro-mags or Gojira? I thought they were awesome @ rna.
Stuieb +

live music fan

Times thanked
< 2
soad were okay at sa soundwave yesterday - i just think it was a hard task to be following slipknot who put on an epic show. the only thing that i have seen comparable to slipknot's visual/theatrics of the adelaide soundwave was seeing rammstein at the previous bdo. i wasn't expecting it to be impressed by slipknot as i was on the day.

manson was really disappointing and not very consistent. the problem with his show compared to slipknots was that slipknot were actually executing there songs well, and playing with passion and intensity behind all of the theatrics of the show. manson on the other hand didn't seem to be playing with his heart in it and failed to transfer some of his album tracks into a good vocal performance. it was a shame really as i was really looking forward to seeing him & his band. if there was the same dedication to the musicianship as there was to his props and costumes it would have been a good show.

in flames were also great at the adelaide show & really nailed it. although the guys in meshuggah appear very serious & brooding on-stage they put on a great show. it was the first time i had seen them & they played a fantastic set.

no religion were great, even though the guys are loosing hair & going grey, they proved why they are seasoned veterans in their brand of punk. steel panther were also really funny & highly entertaining - they certainly earned some new fans from that show
grattan +

I know three things about Richard Wilkins - great bloke, big hair, massive c--k

Times thanked
< 2,976

Quote:

Why the Fuck did you retarded cunts move my post here, when I went to Brisbane???Why can't there be a million threads on Soundwave, when you have a million on one fucking band Radiohead? There were plenty more at Soundwave.[
This is the shit ruining Australian Music.

*Sigh*

Because only a retarded cunt could have failed to have seen the perfectly decent Soundwave threads that already existed. And If it was so bloody important that your rant should be linked to the Brisbane review then you should have posted it there.

If someone starts an unnecessary Radiohead thread then guess what? It'll get merged!
Slip_dog +

"Get ya glow on"

Times thanked
< 159

Quote:

Originally Posted by grattan View Post

*Sigh*

Because only a retarded cunt could have failed to have seen the perfectly decent Soundwave threads that already existed. And If it was so bloody important that your rant should be linked to the Brisbane review then you should have posted it there.

If someone starts an unnecessary Radiohead thread then guess what? It'll get merged!

they are all unnecessary, so get merging.
Braveheart81 +

is pumping on your stereo

Times thanked
< 7,679

Quote:

they are all unnecessary, so get merging.

The only reason there are multiple Radiohead threads is that they relate to different articles that were posted on the website.

If you're trying to argue that this website only posts articles about Radiohead and ignores Soundwave, feel free to scroll through the 20+ threads all about Soundwave which are linked to articles.

As it is only possible to have one article linked to a thread, those threads don't get merged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumbuoy

There has never been a single thing said on these forums that was worth turning into a sig.

Stefan Beck +

Junior Vice President

Times thanked
< 5,257
Slip_dog doesn't care about your "logic".
This song is for the guy who keeps yelling from the balcony, and it's called "We Hate You, Please Die".
Slip_dog +

"Get ya glow on"

Times thanked
< 159
yeah what he said^
Victim +

alive

Times thanked
< 45

Quote:

The only reason I saw Limp Bizkit is I figured they'll never come back.

They said at Melbourne SW that they'd be back for their own tour soon, although it could just be a throwaway line, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did, as having only been here once before (and only 2 cities at that), there's a lot more $$ out there for them. Even if it is mostly for people to see them for nostalgic reasons like I did, as I'd never buy/listen to their new stuff, but I am happy to admit I did like them in the day as I was around 14-17 at their peak, and had good fun reliving my more youthful/teen angst days. They also sound a lot better live a decade later than what I've seen of Blink 182 on Youtube, and you know how much demand there is for them to be a BDO headliner still.
loudQUIETloud +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 1,423
surprised the reviewer was so positive towards four year strong considering that they are pretty much the nickelback of pop-punk.
last.fm

« Previous Thread Next Thread »