All About The Music

Come Together (Day Two) @ Luna Park, Sydney (07/06/09)

Tools
stantos +

footy

Times thanked
< 0
No reviews on any of the earlier bands. Pretty disappointing really. Especially when you are saying Kram was good. Probably the worst act of the day by a long shot and this was evedent in the crowd dispersion.
Loomis +

FL Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
Couldn't see everything I'm afraid, and I hope you don't begrudge me sleeping in on a Sunday :-) I really enjoyed Kram at any rate, despite not being the world's biggest Spiderbait fan.

It was a shame I missed the earlier bands, agreed. Did you see any? There a couple I would have liked to see, but it was not Fated.

Last edited by Loomis: Wed 10th Jun 2009 at 10:51 AM

BTIazza +

Totally Unicorn

Times thanked
< 0
In previous years, this festival was a great day out. Was pretty disappointed in the line up this year....and therefore, didnt attend.
stantos +

footy

Times thanked
< 0
I thought DZ were pretty good, they became a little repetitive but there are some great songs in there. Here Come the Birds had a great response and a lot of interaction for an early crowd, solid set, good songs. The Protectors are starting to hit their stride in Syd, good stage presence, potential.

They are the three early bands that really stood out for me. And although past Come Together Festivals had more drawcards and greater contrast in day 1 and 2 themes, eg punk and indie, it seems that they are showing more interest in up and comers which is a good thing and the kids were into it.

BTW. excuse my poor spelling *evident*
andy_chalmers_102 +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 1,101
I really didn't enjoy Come Together this year. There were too many drunk bogans, and the security guards were fucking mental. Hopefully this once great festival will return to its former glory next year.
Keely K +

Hello Weekend of DOOM!

Times thanked
< 0
the security guards were mental. But DZ were so unreal! They ruin lives they are so good. It was so good to see red riders kicking out some new tunes as well. i've missed them bad.
yellowpen +

bored

Times thanked
< 0
DZ were fucking sick
But everyone is right, this year was a pretty big let down
Kram sucks big time, and i got felted up by the security guards about ten times
Loomis +

FL Contributor

Times thanked
< 0
Hmm. Seems like I should have got there earlier for DZ! Yellowpen - totally agree with security, as implied in review. We got felt up as well (and not in a nice way), and they literally made me pull out a folded up piece of paper in suspicion, and lift up my shirt. It was just my belly that I was packing in the end.
Keely K +

Hello Weekend of DOOM!

Times thanked
< 0
yeah but you probably bought that belt out of the back of some gnarly gansters car under the brooklyn bridge right?

So DZ are playing with Philly Jays and Bluejuice at the annandale on sat night. Im def going now...

« Previous Thread Next Thread »