The Unofficial Splendour Forum

can you change the name on your ticket?

Tools
mellfish +

Scenester

Times thanked
< 0
can you change the name on your ticket?
my friend bought a ticket but can no longer go so i want to buy the ticket but i want to make sure i can change the name first.
craig123 +

is reading what you writin...

Times thanked
< 315
not really - read the t&c on the ticket - there may be something closer to the date that might help but also email moshtix and see what they say.
Hinee +

lawling

Times thanked
< 608
craig are you serious? they are extremely strict on this to completely nullify any trace of scalping.

you're out of luck mellfish, good luck in the resale
Blasted +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 306
When there is a sell out they are.

Have you considered a fake id?*

*might be fraud and reading this absolves me from all legal responsiblity.
Hinee +

lawling

Times thanked
< 608
you could get away with such a dodgy fakey with the level of id checks by the volunteers.
Jose Cuervo +

And you included in your specialties, "Taking care of buisness"?

Times thanked
< 7,640
lrn2photoshop
Pictures I gone and tooked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobain Lies View Post

i am very connected to kurt cobain on a psychic level,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stugalug View Post

Ramone is shit and stinks of garlic, but I do love him.

craig123 +

Times thanked
< 315
http://splendourinthegrass.com/ticke...formation.html

see option on reissues. So yes i am serious.
Jose Cuervo +

And you included in your specialties, "Taking care of buisness"?

Times thanked
< 7,640
And are you suggesting I wasnt?
craig123 +

Times thanked
< 315
nope i knew you were serious .
sugartits +

SMOKE WEED EVERY DAY

Times thanked
< 98
No chance, just keep your eyes peeled for the resale with the rest of the unwashed masses

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Cuervo View Post

fuck off you rusty cunt bucket

Hinee +

lawling

Times thanked
< 608
craig i simply took that as covering their arse in the future need for a non sellout.
mellfish +

Scenester

Times thanked
< 0
according to the information on the ticket it says moshtix will be allowing name changes by the original purchaser on a specified date... yay
craig123 +

Times thanked
< 315
all good.
RustyinBondi +

So chumpy you can carve it

Times thanked
< 22
Resales are all over gumtree.

This is going to fail
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-splendour/k0?ad=offering

$2100 for 3 x 3day tickets -
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydne...ets/1002266486
Profiteering Idiots that put their phone number on the site. Give them a call and give them a piece of your mind - 0411721275
Blasted +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 306
Strange that Splendour have decided to offer the reissue option as well the resale facility this year considering the event sold out so quickly. I can only suggest that those ads would not have appeared if Splendour had kept it to the resale facility only. They could always open up the reissue option closer to the event if the tickets in the resale weren't getting snapped up.
Mar: QOTSA/NIN
May: Primavera Sound
June: BoS
jana80 +

you just wasted another beer

Times thanked
< 290
But the re-issue option still has to go via Splendour/moshtix, doesn't it?

Someone actually stated on their gumtree ad "price is negotiable but must be above face value". Yeah, good luck with that one asshole.
craig123 +

Times thanked
< 315
TICKETS

TICKETING INFORMATION
REISSUES / RESALES
3 DAY EVENT TICKET - T&CS
NTH BEACH CAMPING - T&CS
FRIDAY EVENT TICKET - T&CS
SATURDAY EVENT TICKET - T&CS
SUNDAY EVENT TICKET - T&CS
TICKET REISSUES & RESALES

Splendour In the Grass has decided to open up both the reissue and resale options for 2012. From June 5 those who can no longer attend will have the opportunity to offload their ticket by one of these two methods.

They will be able to either REISSUE their ticket to another person by changing the name on the ticket via their Moshfile OR they can put their ticket into the Moshtix RESALE pool to allow an unknown person to buy it. With the resale, the seller cannot nominate a buyer.

Reissues incur a fee of $20 per ticket, while resales incur a $20 fee and the original purchaser also forfeits the booking fee paid at the time of original purchase.

Buyers in the resale pay the same price/s for tickets as outlined on the Ticket Info page here. Those reissuing tickets should NOT charge more than the cost price of the tickets (including booking fees), although it is at the seller's discretion as to whether they on-charge the $20 reissue fee to the purchaser. Please note that the Splendour In the Grass Ticket Terms and Conditions forbid on-selling festival tickets at a premium, but passing on all or part of the $20 reissue fee is allowed.

Potential buyers who are being asked to pay more than the advertised prices for reissued tickets should alert Splendour in the Grass via answers@splendourinthegrass.com and Moshtix via ticketsupport@moshtix.com.au so that we can investigate and consider cancelling these tickets. Please provide the seller's name and email address and, if possible, their phone number/s and any other details such as Order ID or Ticket ID numbers.

Reissued or resold tickets will come to the new owner via a Moshtix email address NOT from an individual's email address. If someone sends you a ticket via a personal email address, please check the ticket's validity directly with Moshtix at ticketsupport@moshtix.com.au. If the ticket proves to be a fake, you should contact the Police immediately with the seller's details. Moshtix will do the same.

DO NOT purchase tickets from unauthorised re-sellers or online auction sites such as eBay or Gumtree. These tickets are likely to be fakes and you will lose your money. The festival has no sympathy for anyone silly enough to buy tickets from anywhere other than through the official outlet.

Have a read of the Ticketing and Reissue/Resale FAQs here.

Final details of how both the reissue and resale facilities will operate will be provided closer to June 5.
jana80 +

Times thanked
< 290
Oh. Thanks for that Craig..

Anyway, I just emailed SITG & moshtix with that gumtree link.
Hinee +

lawling

Times thanked
< 608
Kinda disappointed that they're allowing scalping to happen. Splendour has always prided itself on being one of the first festivals to require name + DOB on tickets. I understand that people feel like they should have the right to sell their ticket to a friend, but when you open the floodgates to people charging $700 a pop, the resale is the only logical approach.

Splednour, i am disappoint.
Blasted +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 306
It also sets a precedent for scalpers so that they might go and try to buy tickets next year expecting that they will be able to reissue them, where they might not have in the past as the ticketing system has been locked down to only the resale. I still maintain that they should only open up the reissue model if the resale tickets aren't being snapped up, can't see the logic in the way they are doing it.
RustyinBondi +

Times thanked
< 22
Splendour in the past has either not enforced anti-scalping measures at all or decided to stamp it out completely.

Now they seem to be portraying the latter by letting people self regulate with a dob in hotlink/email to authority to enforce it.

Splendour this is your first mistake for this year. You need to enforce the ticket resale program where people will lose (bf and resale fee) cash if they need to sell their ticket back. It is called an opportunity cost that the punter will have to live with.

Otherwise next year you will find scalpers buying tickets under fake names for profit when they can change the names themselves.
craig123 +

Times thanked
< 315
hold on guys - all the details aren't released yet so there may be something else as a check.
jana80 +

Times thanked
< 290
I got a response from splendour re: my email with the gumtree link:

Hi Jana,

We did spot that this morning however we really appreciate you contacting us about it!

You will notice that on the resale/reissue info page we have stated the following:

“Potential buyers who are being asked to pay more than the advertised prices for reissued tickets should alert Splendour in the Grass via answers@splendourinthegrass.com and Moshtix via ticketsupport@moshtix.com.au so that we can investigate and consider cancelling these tickets. Please provide the seller's name and email address and, if possible, their phone number/s and any other details such as Order ID or Ticket ID numbers.

DO NOT purchase tickets from unauthorised re-sellers or online auction sites such as eBay or Gumtree. These tickets are likely to be fakes and you will lose your money. The festival has no sympathy for anyone silly enough to buy tickets from anywhere other than through the official outlet.”

That particular seller has been officially contacted by us.

We have noticed all your efforts to provide people with correct information on our Facebook page and send you a big thanks from the Splendour Team

Cheers,
Laura@Splendour

I just replied saying how it really grates me when people try to profit from gigs/festivals, and also thanks for noticing my FB comments, I just like to try and help guide the masses, haha
RustyinBondi +

Times thanked
< 22

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig123 View Post

hold on guys - all the details aren't released yet so there may be something else as a check.

With their T's and C's it could be open to to interpretation whether they could now enforce a resale only option (this year) after having a re-issue advertised.

Unfortunately they have painted themselves into a corner with their previous communication.
Blasted +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 306
Either way I don't think there will be a massive amount of scalping/gouging as the people who have tickets would have bought them because they wanted to go and the scalpers would've stayed away due to past policies. Next year however.......
RustyinBondi +

Times thanked
< 22
As per Jana's email from SITG, they have been getting in touch with the offenders and they have been brought into line.

I think your right about it being a small amount of people doing the wrong thing.

But there are plenty of people happy to make a buck off a missed opportunity. This just needs to be stomped on with the full force of their legal and media weight!

Imagine the rationale for the punters next year. I'll buy a few tickets so i can sell them to recover my ticket cost to the event.

They should get in touch with FL and ITM and get a piece written on how they have caught these people out and what they are doing to stop their festival from being a scalped event. It is a good news story that would build credibility for their brand.
RustyinBondi +

Times thanked
< 22
$1300 for 2 tickets?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-Splen...0#ht_500wt_999

Well done splendour for another cock up.

Last edited by RustyinBondi: Fri 1st Jun 2012 at 12:04 AM

craig123 +

Times thanked
< 315
did you report it rusty?
knate +

livin' for the rhythm

Times thanked
< 63
i find it highly amusing that people are taking the moral highground and people are dobbing in/reporting sales of tickets. Seriously? I have way more important things to do with my time. and rust****bucket, i think it's about time you removed the inbondi from your name. You don't live here, fuk off hipster
My signature is out of date
Hinee +

lawling

Times thanked
< 608

Quote:

Originally Posted by knate View Post

I have way more important things to do with my time.

we really, honestly don't.
sugartits +

SMOKE WEED EVERY DAY

Times thanked
< 98

Quote:

i find it highly amusing that people are taking the moral highground and people are dobbing in/reporting sales of tickets. Seriously? I have way more important things to do with my time. and rust****bucket, i think it's about time you removed the inbondi from your name. You don't live here, fuk off hipster

Chill out bb, y u mad for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Cuervo View Post

fuck off you rusty cunt bucket

RustyinBondi +

Times thanked
< 22

Quote:

Ha!

Go call your Mum if you haven't already sodomised her with your verbal diarrhea!
RustyinBondi +

Times thanked
< 22

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugartits View Post

Chill out bb, y u mad for?

Because Knate's on his rags.
RustyinBondi +

Times thanked
< 22

Quote:

did you report it rusty?

It's all on ebay. Splendour are scanning ebay and gumtree anyhow. I see it all as a bit pointless. They should just ban the re-issue all together and give no recourse to scalpers anyhow.
Faris +

Fanatic

Times thanked
< 113
Does anyone by chance have a friday single day ticket they wish to transfer? PM me if you do I would like to buy it off you
lolacatz +

Scenester

Times thanked
< 0
i have a 3 day pass for sale. selling for the price i paid $360 + the $20 that splendour charges to change the name.
ryzza +

Scenester

Times thanked
< 0
looking to buy 2x friday tickets
craig123 +

Times thanked
< 315
then go to the resale page. ...
ex_king_john +

older and wiser than you OK?

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

then go to the resale page. ...

this resale page, where is it. i have listed three Friday tickets for resale but don't see anywhere they re for sale. on the Moshtix site. The normal sale page shows only VIP tickets available.
craig123 +

Times thanked
< 315
it is on the moshtix site i think every friday during the resale process --

full details are here ...

http://splendourinthegrass.com/reissues-resales.html

« Previous Thread Next Thread »